HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Edmonton Oilers
Notices

Official Eskimos and CFL 2013 season thread: Eskies 1-3

Closed Thread

Old
06-19-2013, 02:06 PM
Gord
Go Esks!

vCash: 1546
Quote:
Originally Posted by eskies4life View Post
Apparently. I get criticizing the team, whatever, its your decision to support them or not. However Replacement is going after a guy that just voiced his opinion and predictions just because Replacement doesn't agree with them. Pretty low imo.

It also sucks to have so much negativity by one person on these boards before the seasons even started :/
actually, the last two pages you guys are banding together to bully replacement. that's also pretty low.

replacement isn't commenting on money guy because of his opinion.
He commented because Moneyguy said the esks would win AT LEAST 10 games, maybe 11 or 12.
he only called him on it when moneyguy started to move the goalposts.

But we should all probably drop the subject regardless of which side we're on, if any,
and just get back to chatting about the team.

Does anyone have an answer to Replacements question a while back?
Is the indoor field house the same turf as the stadium, or is it two different surfaces they practice on?

Old
06-19-2013, 02:06 PM
Ser Woof
Too proud to beg

vCash: 86
What is the status of Adarius Bowman?

Old
06-19-2013, 02:22 PM
Beerfish

vCash: 500
Moneyguy is a great guy, nice guy, great fan. However he was in full backing mode of Tillman from day one. A year later he's in full backing mode of the team that dumped Tillman and all the horrible damage he did to the team. I don't disagree that the Esks could with 10 games thus year though if a few things go right.

As for Replacement, he was over joyed that Ray got dealt last year and blasted him at every chance and was in love with Jyles and that trade.

Each has to be accountable for what they have said in the past about the Esks.

Old
06-19-2013, 02:28 PM
Replacement
Now with 9% more zen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beerfish View Post
Moneyguy is a great guy, nice guy, great fan. However he was in full backing mode of Tillman from day one. A year later he's in full backing mode of the team that dumped Tillman and all the horrible damage he did to the team. I don't disagree that the Esks could with 10 games thus year though if a few things go right.

As for Replacement, he was over joyed that Ray got dealt last year and blasted him at every chance and was in love with Jyles and that trade.

I have no trouble indicating I was wrong on Ricky Ray and have done this several times. That said I'm not in the position of running the team (thank gawd) I'm just another backseat QB.

I don't agree that I was in love with Jyles but I kind of felt the guy deserved a shot. You mention earlier in the thread that the nature of the CFL (and pro sport) is that guys get a certain shot, and sometimes never get another serious shot. I kinda felt that way about Jyles that he was still an unknown. I'm also not convinced that last years receiving core helped a lot.

But hey, If anybody wants me to come clean on something i'll come clean. Or try to.

Not sure what else can be expected.

Old
06-19-2013, 02:30 PM
joestevens29

vCash: 688
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beerfish View Post

Which is fine, but two points.

1 - There is a right way and a wrong way to go about it.

2 - What the hell happens when we do win 10 games? The season hasn't even started. Kinda early to attack a guy for his predictions.

Old
06-19-2013, 02:40 PM
Replacement
Now with 9% more zen

Quote:
Originally Posted by joestevens29 View Post
Which is fine, but two points.

1 - There is a right way and a wrong way to go about it.

2 - What the hell happens when we do win 10 games? The season hasn't even started. Kinda early to attack a guy for his predictions.
I confronted. Its your interpretation it was an attack.

But as always if the replies focus negatively on the PERSON instead of the post they are out of line. Which several posts in this thread have been. I'm sure you can spot the replies that have been out of line.

But I do wish to go back to the eskimos.

Again, one of my questions is how much the new turf at commonwealth, and also the turf at fieldhouse had impacted lower body injury since we no longer have natural turf. I think its an interesting question and any soccer player, any soccer team, say more injuries occur running on artificial turf.

Its unfortunate.

Old
06-19-2013, 02:43 PM
joestevens29

Quote:
Originally Posted by Replacement View Post
I confronted. Its your interpretation it was an attack.

But as always if the replies focus negatively on the PERSON instead of the post they are out of line. Which several posts in this thread have been. I'm sure you can spot the replies that have been out of line.

But I do wish to go back to the eskimos.

Again, one of my questions is how much the new turf at commonwealth, and also the turf at fieldhouse had impacted lower body injury since we no longer have natural turf. I think its an interesting question and any soccer player, any soccer team, say more injuries occur running on artificial turf.

Its unfortunate.
If you seriously can't see how people would view it as an attack you have issues replacement. You do this quite often. Take subtle attacks at people and then when called out you go on some long explanation how it was by no means an attack.

Guess what it was. Happens far too often, if people don't agree with you, you just throw more words until the point where the person doesn't care anymore and puts you on ignore.

Old
06-19-2013, 03:00 PM
Replacement
Now with 9% more zen

Quote:
If you seriously can't see how people would view it as an attack you have issues replacement. You do this quite often. Take subtle attacks at people and then when called out you go on some long explanation how it was by no means an attack.

Guess what it was. Happens far too often, if people don't agree with you, you just throw more words until the point where the person doesn't care anymore and puts you on ignore.
This is exhibit A for bassackwards attack the poster and not confront the post. Its also seemingly an attack on my posting here.

Its also an opinion.

If there are any concerns with me take it up with me in PM which anybody can. I would state in the meantime you might be too focused on "me" instead of what I actually post. In narrative terms the amount of times "you" was used in the post is indicative. So own up to that as well.

Are we done with this in the thread?

Old
06-19-2013, 03:07 PM
GreatKeith

vCash: 50
Throughout all this mudslinging nobody has provided a single reason to be optimistic about the team this year.

Old
06-19-2013, 03:09 PM
aleshemsky83

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreatKeith View Post
Throughout all this mudslinging nobody has provided a single reason to be optimistic about the team this year.
There is none really, but hopefully we're all pleasantly surprised.

Old
06-19-2013, 03:19 PM
nabob
Hall for captain

Quote:
new seats!

And a new emerging QB, Defense should be near the top of the league, best receiving core in the league IMO.

Old
06-19-2013, 03:26 PM
I am the Liquor

vCash: 8345
Quote:
They will divert our anger and sense of hopelessness away from the Oilers for a few months?

Old
06-19-2013, 03:52 PM
MoneyGuy

Quote:
Two up-and-coming QBs (although one is on the shelf so he won't help this year), an outstanding group of receivers I think will develop as one of the best in the league (including three really good Canadian receivers) much faster than many expect and will surprise folks if the line can hold long enough for Reilly to get the ball off, the best defensive front seven in the league who will be pile-driving opposing QBs all season long so our suspect backfield doesn't have to cover as long, a really good kicker in Shaw. The coaching will be much better than last year. As I said a couple of weeks ago, players to watch are Ed Gant, John White and Rennie Curran.

On the downside, we have a suspect O-line that has to gel quickly or Reilly may join Nichols in the hospital, Joseph who will be our No. 2 guy, a kick-return team that can't seem to block if their lives depended on it.

Wildcards: Injuries have already wiped out QB 1B and the kick returner the coaches were expecting to light it up (although the coaching and the blocking haven't been there). There are holes in the D-backfield and on the O-line, so we'll see how the coaches can fill those.

With two key injuries, 9-9. Slow start to the season with the guys coming on later in the season.

Old
06-19-2013, 04:01 PM
jadeddog

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrWoof View Post
What is the status of Adarius Bowman?
i would also like to know this

Old
06-19-2013, 04:02 PM
I am the Liquor

vCash: 8345
He should be ready to go by Thanksgiving.

Old
06-19-2013, 05:19 PM
Kyle McMahon

Quote:
Well our defense should be among the best in the league if we can stay healthy. And if we rely on Reilly to be a game manager and focus on running the ball, the offense should be fine too.

Of course this is exactly what I said last year (Jyles in place of Reilly of course), but Kavis Reed decided that running the football was a bad idea in spite of an embarrassment of riches at the position. Results were predictable and disastrous.

So basically, if we run the ball 15-20 times a game we'll be fine. If not, we're ****ed. I have no faith whatsoever in Reed to make the correct decision in this regard.

Old
06-19-2013, 06:22 PM
Moonlapse Vertigo
Katz n' MacT BFFs

Quote:
The defense is going to be outstanding. Now... can the offense provide them with points? That's another story.

Old
06-19-2013, 06:23 PM
aleshemsky83

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moonlapse Vertigo View Post
The defense is going to be outstanding. Now... can the offense provide them with points? That's another story.
Wasn't there a ton of turnover in the secondary?

Old
06-19-2013, 10:13 PM
Six in O6

I think we can still manage 10 wins this year.

Old
06-20-2013, 08:40 AM
Gord
Go Esks!

vCash: 1546
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moonlapse Vertigo View Post
so it will be like last year? the D will carry the team through the 1st half of the year, get broken down and worn out, and then the team craters?

Old
06-20-2013, 11:34 AM
Powder
Droppin The KlefBom!

It's no guarantee but...

Chris O'Leary ‏@olearychris
Bodog sets the #Eskimos over/under on wins for 2013 at 7.5 #CFL

Old
06-20-2013, 11:34 AM
joestevens29

Quote:
Originally Posted by Powder View Post
It's no guarantee but...

Bodog sets the #Eskimos over/under on wins for 2013 at 7.5 #CFL
I just saw that. I'll take that bet.

Old
06-20-2013, 12:06 PM
MoneyGuy

Quote:
I just saw that. I'll take that bet.
Over or under, Joe.

Even if some think the team will be poor, there are still lots of story lines....

- Watching what should be a terrific front seven. I think they'll have opposing QBs terrorized. I love smash-mouth football, and this front seven will entertain us.
- Will our O-line be respectable or will our QBs get turf pounded?
- Will our receivers be as good as I expect, or will they be ineffective if our QBs can't get the ball off?
- Will we develop a kick-return game?
- What about the improvements in our coaching staff?
- What about the young QBs like Crompton, who I think looks really good and reminds me of a young Ricky Ray, but more mobile?

I could list many story lines...lots of reasons to pay attention. How many have lost interest in the Oilers and they've been more pathetic than the Esks have been?

Old
06-20-2013, 12:27 PM
joestevens29

Quote:
Originally Posted by MoneyGuy View Post
Over or under, Joe.

Even if some think the team will be poor, there are still lots of story lines....

- Watching what should be a terrific front seven. I think they'll have opposing QBs terrorized. I love smash-mouth football, and this front seven will entertain us.
- Will our O-line be respectable or will our QBs get turf pounded?
- Will our receivers be as good as I expect, or will they be ineffective if our QBs can't get the ball off?
- Will we develop a kick-return game?
- What about the improvements in our coaching staff?
- What about the young QBs like Crompton, who I think looks really good and reminds me of a young Ricky Ray, but more mobile?

I could list many story lines...lots of reasons to pay attention. How many have lost interest in the Oilers and they've been more pathetic than the Esks have been?
I'll take the over. After tomorrow's game that line could very well change. Another injury to the QB and it would be a change for the worse though.

Old
06-20-2013, 01:13 PM
Powder
Droppin The KlefBom!

Kavis Reed wouldn't give a timeframe on Adarius Bowman but said AB and Corbin Sharun are improving +getting closer to practising

Closed Thread