HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Buffalo Re-Signs Jhonas Enroth [2 Year deal/$1,250,000 AAV]

Old
06-20-2013, 12:25 PM
Djp

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob Paxon View Post
Leggio would be the ideal candidate since he's a local boy and was excellent last year. I don't think he wants to come back unless Miller's traded and he's given the chance to back up Enroth while Hackett starts off in Rochester.
Leggio would be given an NHL shot next year if Miller is traded. Hackett has a year of waiver freedom left on call ups.

they could have a 3 goalie thing at the NHL level at the start of next year with Enroth, Hackett, and Leggio.

Even if Hackett by default is in the AHL for most of next year, I feel they still call him up and give him something like 15-20 NHL starts to see how he is at the NHL level.

Djp is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-20-2013, 12:33 PM
The Red Line

Wow that is a steal.

The Red Line is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-20-2013, 12:45 PM
ReimerIsFuture
Rookie User

Enroth is still a good young goaltender, and with the Sabres on a rebuild you'd expect them to stick with the guys they have.

I would not be surprised if Miller got dealt to Philly for the 11th overall. Then use a prospect and a 2nd to get Bernier. Wouldn't surprise me one bit.

ReimerIsFuture is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-20-2013, 01:13 PM
enrothorne
A DJ saved my life

Send a message via AIM to enrothorne
Would have liked to see longer term but I'm glad he's here. Obviously I'm a fan.

enrothorne is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-20-2013, 01:25 PM
Rob Paxon
Z E M G U S

Send a message via AIM to Rob Paxon
The cap hit is fantastic. Considering the offers I imagine he got from back home, it says a lot about what the Ewok values in his career.

If you compare his numbers with other goalies around the league with comparable situations/track records, things look pretty good, especially considering the defense has been poor. Obviously the sample size isn't great and save percentage doesn't tell the tale, his has been better than Miller's over the past two seasons. That's counting a couple really lousy stretches he was on, too. I'm happy to see what he can do splitting duties more evenly in the future.

Rob Paxon is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-20-2013, 01:29 PM
Rob Paxon
Z E M G U S

Quote:
Originally Posted by Djp View Post
Leggio would be given an NHL shot next year if Miller is traded. Hackett has a year of waiver freedom left on call ups.

they could have a 3 goalie thing at the NHL level at the start of next year with Enroth, Hackett, and Leggio.

Even if Hackett by default is in the AHL for most of next year, I feel they still call him up and give him something like 15-20 NHL starts to see how he is at the NHL level.
Yea, that's the way that they could entice Leggio back into the fold, keep Hackett's workload high and still give him NHL looks. I'd be very excited to see Makarov put in work behind a pro team as well. As small a chance as it is, I've chosen him as my rooting interest to become something.

Old
06-20-2013, 01:47 PM
Djp

Quote:
Yea, that's the way that they could entice Leggio back into the fold, keep Hackett's workload high and still give him NHL looks. I'd be very excited to see Makarov put in work behind a pro team as well. As small a chance as it is, I've chosen him as my rooting interest to become something.
It will be interesting to see what happens with Makarov. Does he play in Rochester or the ECHL. I think he is the wildcard in this all.

the other issue is a trade of Miller---does it bring back another goalie or not. I hope it doesnt.

Djp is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-20-2013, 03:44 PM
jn

Quote:
The cap hit is fantastic. Considering the offers I imagine he got from back home, it says a lot about what the Ewok values in his career.

If you compare his numbers with other goalies around the league with comparable situations/track records, things look pretty good, especially considering the defense has been poor. Obviously the sample size isn't great and save percentage doesn't tell the tale, his has been better than Miller's over the past two seasons. That's counting a couple really lousy stretches he was on, too. I'm happy to see what he can do splitting duties more evenly in the future.
I can't think of any swedish team that could come close to matching a salary offer of over one million dollars per year for Enroth.

jn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-20-2013, 03:56 PM
Mystlyfe
We're Touched

This makes Neuvirth's contract look that much worse.

Mystlyfe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-20-2013, 04:17 PM
Eisen

Nice. Crossing my fingers for Enroth.

Eisen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-20-2013, 04:21 PM
drinking bleach irl
p trendy tbh

vCash: 300
Quote:
Originally Posted by jn View Post
I can't think of any swedish team that could come close to matching a salary offer of over one million dollars per year for Enroth.
You'd think the WC gold would at least get him a few promotional deals better than that

drinking bleach irl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-20-2013, 06:52 PM
PJ A Oates

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bucky Gleason View Post
You'd think the WC gold would at least get him a few promotional deals better than that
Still. I really doubt it. Especially when the Stockholm clubs are doing really poorly and I think he would return to one of those. Only one team in the top tier and they are not rich.

The salarys in Sweden are not public so its mostly educated speculation, but there are roumors that Jan Hlavac (or was it Hlinka) had a salary on almost 750k USD, but most starplayers have around 200 000-350 000 SEK per month (around 550 000 USD for the whole year). So my guess is he wouldn't get anywhere near 1,25M in Sweden.

A league minimum (on a one way contract) is worth percieveble more than pretty much any contract in Sweden.

PJ A Oates is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-20-2013, 09:48 PM
Rob Paxon
Z E M G U S

Quote:
Originally Posted by PJ A Oates View Post
Still. I really doubt it. Especially when the Stockholm clubs are doing really poorly and I think he would return to one of those. Only one team in the top tier and they are not rich.

The salarys in Sweden are not public so its mostly educated speculation, but there are roumors that Jan Hlavac (or was it Hlinka) had a salary on almost 750k USD, but most starplayers have around 200 000-350 000 SEK per month (around 550 000 USD for the whole year). So my guess is he wouldn't get anywhere near 1,25M in Sweden.

A league minimum (on a one way contract) is worth percieveble more than pretty much any contract in Sweden.
I take your word on it. I heard there were offers and assumed they'd have the financial incentive to make it worth leaving the NHL otherwise they wouldn't have bothered.

Old
06-20-2013, 10:13 PM
Izzy
#SloveniaForGold2018

vCash: 270
Guy is actually very good in terms of backups. Quite a steal.

Could end up being wrong about him this year though if he gets the extra gametime.

Izzy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-20-2013, 10:31 PM
PJ A Oates

Quote:
I take your word on it. I heard there were offers and assumed they'd have the financial incentive to make it worth leaving the NHL otherwise they wouldn't have bothered.
My speculation is that they wished that his desire to be a starter would be strong enough to return home.

In terms of money KHL and NLA are the only leagues that can compete to the NHL.

PJ A Oates is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-21-2013, 01:44 AM
vippe

Send a message via MSN to vippe
That's a good deal.

vippe is offline   Reply With Quote