HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > Other Leagues > Canadian Junior Hockey > QMJHL
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2

2013 Draft Thread

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
06-19-2013, 09:42 PM
  #201
St John Dogness
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Posts: 10
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by IHaveNoCreativity View Post
Make that 4..

Who the hell is Richard ??

I wanted Booth or Deschenes.. So much for that.
Why would you know Deschenes and not Richard? If you followed the NB-PEI Midget AAA (same league as Deschenes) you would know he finished 2nd in scoring regular season. Then light it up in the playoffs. 30 points in 9 games. How can you not know of him... Deschenes is average at best. You didn't notice him on his Fredericton team never mind the league.

St John Dogness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-19-2013, 09:52 PM
  #202
IHaveNoCreativity
HFB Partner
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Somewhere in Quebec.
Country: Canada
Posts: 10,239
vCash: 500
I don't follow that league..

IHaveNoCreativity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-19-2013, 10:51 PM
  #203
St John Dogness
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Posts: 10
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by IHaveNoCreativity View Post
I don't follow that league..
check out the league website
http://nbpeimmhl.pointstreaksites.com/view/nbpeimmhl

St John Dogness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-20-2013, 06:18 AM
  #204
ClemQ
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 572
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by IHaveNoCreativity View Post
I don't follow that league..
you dont follow that league, yet you know (and wanted) Deschenes, who was Very, Very, Very average in that league. Thats odd

ClemQ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-20-2013, 12:39 PM
  #205
hockey4life13
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2011
Posts: 27
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ClemQ View Post
you dont follow that league, yet you know (and wanted) Deschenes, who was Very, Very, Very average in that league. Thats odd
Deschenes finished 2nd in that league for defense as a 15 year old, 2 points behind the leader and 1 game less. That is very very very average. IMO that is clearly above average.

hockey4life13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-22-2013, 06:14 PM
  #206
ClemQ
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 572
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by hockey4life13 View Post
Deschenes finished 2nd in that league for defense as a 15 year old, 2 points behind the leader and 1 game less. That is very very very average. IMO that is clearly above average.
If you watched him much the past 2 seasons and you can still say he played above average this season...you must see something i havent seen in the 40+ times i saw him play in 2 seasons. Its about much more than points isnt it ? Or are players evaluated strictly on points?

ClemQ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-22-2013, 07:08 PM
  #207
hockey4life13
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2011
Posts: 27
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ClemQ View Post
If you watched him much the past 2 seasons and you can still say he played above average this season...you must see something i havent seen in the 40+ times i saw him play in 2 seasons. Its about much more than points isnt it ? Or are players evaluated strictly on points?
When you make a statement that a kid is Very Very Very average in a league and he finished 2nd in points for that league it is a false statement. You seem to be very negative on him , he was 1 of 3 NB players to make the u17 , one of 2 underage kids , played 1st power play on that team and saw plenty of ice. This in a year where in your opinion he was very very very average, again this accomplishment is clearly above average. I have seen him play far more than the past 2 seasons and your right, i'm seeing something very very very different than you. Players are not evaluated strictly on points , as a defense any idea of his plus / minus I doubt it. He will play plenty this year in the Q and evolve to be a top D man in that league IMO.

hockey4life13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-23-2013, 06:35 PM
  #208
ClemQ
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 572
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by hockey4life13 View Post
When you make a statement that a kid is Very Very Very average in a league and he finished 2nd in points for that league it is a false statement. You seem to be very negative on him , he was 1 of 3 NB players to make the u17 , one of 2 underage kids , played 1st power play on that team and saw plenty of ice. This in a year where in your opinion he was very very very average, again this accomplishment is clearly above average. I have seen him play far more than the past 2 seasons and your right, i'm seeing something very very very different than you. Players are not evaluated strictly on points , as a defense any idea of his plus / minus I doubt it. He will play plenty this year in the Q and evolve to be a top D man in that league IMO.
Thats fine. Were all allowed our own opinions. I respect yours, my view is different based on the 40+ games i have watched. Some people im sure feel the same way as you do about him, and some feel the same way i do - as his drop in the draft indicates.

Having said all that, i still wish him nothing but success.

ClemQ is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:53 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2015 All Rights Reserved.