HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Tampa Bay Lightning
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Prospects & Minor League Teams Thread

Closed Thread

Old
06-18-2013, 11:14 PM
MattM92

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by crunchrulz View Post
There is no way anyone can argue with what just ended as the greatest season in the history of Crunch hockey.
Thank you to the Tampa Bay organization for your support all season.
I hope this relationship continues to grow as much as it did this season.
It was a hell of a run and I know I'm sure as **** looking forward to another one next season. Hopefully we can get Vasilevskiy over soon to start winning some championships (though goaltending really wasn't the reason we lost, it's the reason GR won if that makes sense).

Hope we continue to see you around the boards this summer to give some input on prospects

Old
06-19-2013, 03:28 AM
TheDaysOf 04
Rated [SFY]

http://blog.syracuse.com/crunch/2013...o_gudas_s.html
Quote:
Syracuse Crunch defenseman Radko Gudas couldn't skate backwards on Tuesday night, at least not to the standard required to play defense in Game 6 of the AHL Finals against Grand Rapids.

So he did the next best thing. He switched to a position that mostly required him to skate ahead.

It was a typically gritty effort, but one that fell a little bit short.

Syracuse Crunch coach Rob Zettler moved Gudas to fourth line wing in an effort to give the team a little spark and more physical presence. It was about the only choice that Zettler had - Gudas wasn't even supposed to be on the ice.

Gudas suffered an MCL injury June 1 in the Eastern Conference Final-clinching win over Wilkes-Barre/Scranton. He said the initial diagnosis was that the injury would need at least three weeks to heal, meaning his season was over.
Quote:
Gudas said he could have tried to play defense on Tuesday, but the pairs already in the rotation were playing well. Zettler wanted to somehow get Gudas in the lineup, and his limited mobility limited that option to forward.

"Skating forward was alright. That's why they decide to put me at forward,'' Gudas said.

"His mobility down low wasn't great,'' Zettler said. "We thought we'd use him up front.''

Gudas got only about two or three shifts in each of the first two periods, and none in the third. He was called for two minors, one of which led to a Griffins power play score.

"He was another guy who gutted it out,'' Zettler said.

Old
06-19-2013, 04:03 AM
TheDaysOf 04
Rated [SFY]

Tokarski changed his twitter profile pic to him holding up the Calder Cup and tweeted
Quote:
#Justice #Standard
and retweeted
Quote:
Barberio: “It’s a cruel game sometimes. It hurts.’’
I'm not sure what to make of that. Maybe a little bit of a grudge against the lightning for saying they needed an upgrade in Desjardins?

Old
06-19-2013, 07:32 AM
LightningStrikes
Klutcherov

No reason not to be proud of the team. Future's bright, brothers!

Old
06-19-2013, 07:33 AM
crunchrulz

I will definitely be around this summer. Planning to do a recap of one fan's view of the players over the next few weeks. Some folks will look at those views, shake their heads, and go what players was he watching. Used to get negative feedback from Blue Jackets and Ducks fans when I gave not so favorable reviews to their "chosen ones", but if you want nothing but sweet words, read someplace else.

Old
06-19-2013, 08:13 AM
PanniniClaus

Great team and a pretty good run.Ran into a solid team with a young star in net - he'll be stopping pucks in the NHL before too long.

Old
06-19-2013, 09:23 AM
MattM92

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDaysOf 04 View Post
Tokarski changed his twitter profile pic to him holding up the Calder Cup and tweeted and retweetedI'm not sure what to make of that. Maybe a little bit of a grudge against the lightning for saying they needed an upgrade in Desjardins?
Let him hold a grudge, at least we made the playoffs. I honestly do not see Tik being successful in the NHL based on what I've seen of him. I think journeyman backup is his potential at this point. If reminiscing about the old days is his way of feeling better about getting traded, go right ahead.

Old
06-19-2013, 09:47 AM
TurboBrick

Quote:
Originally Posted by crunchrulz View Post
I will definitely be around this summer. Planning to do a recap of one fan's view of the players over the next few weeks. Some folks will look at those views, shake their heads, and go what players was he watching. Used to get negative feedback from Blue Jackets and Ducks fans when I gave not so favorable reviews to their "chosen ones", but if you want nothing but sweet words, read someplace else.
Looking forward to it. It's easy to get an overly positive look at things when you're only relying on old euro or junior league stats. Panthers fans were clamoring to call up Quinton Howden all season long because he had a good scouting report - no denying he has potential, but the reality was that he spent the first half of the season on his ass trying to get used to AHL speed.

Old
06-19-2013, 09:51 AM
The YzerJesus
#Bishlevski

Quote:
Originally Posted by MattM92 View Post
Let him hold a grudge, at least we made the playoffs. I honestly do not see Tik being successful in the NHL based on what I've seen of him. I think journeyman backup is his potential at this point. If reminiscing about the old days is his way of feeling better about getting traded, go right ahead.
I agree. But he would've made the playoffs had he not been traded.

Anyway, I didn't mind the Tik trade as much as everyone else. Like you, I didn't see him as being an great goalie in the NHL. Hopefully he can prove me wrong at some point and I'll eat crow, but for now, that's always been my opinion of him. That move on Twitter doesn't help his cause. He sounds like a whiner.

Old
06-19-2013, 10:57 AM
Felonious Python
Purple Squirrel

Tyler Johnson is selling his furniture.

https://twitter.com/tjohnny09/status/347365211084316672
Quote:
If you know someone that needs furniture my dad has a link on craigslist selling mine! (Syracuse area) http://syracuse.craigslist.org/fuo/3880677026.html

Old
06-19-2013, 11:09 AM
MattM92

Quote:
Originally Posted by Felonious Python View Post
Tyler Johnson is selling his furniture.

https://twitter.com/tjohnny09/status/347365211084316672
I was just coming in to post this. Says in the ad he's moving out of state (NY state, not Washington where he's originally from), so I guess that pretty much confirms what we all knew already. TJ to Kings for Bernier

Old
06-19-2013, 11:11 AM
Follower of Yzlam
#FreeDrouin

vCash: 134
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDaysOf 04 View Post
****ing love that bearded beast. Can't skate backwards? **** it, I'll skate forward.

Old
06-19-2013, 12:37 PM
TheDaysOf 04
Rated [SFY]

https://twitter.com/syrhockey
Quote:
Per BriseBois: Teams can sign their own UFA's anytime, but must wait till July 5 to sign other teams' UFAs.
http://blog.syracuse.com/crunch/2013..._flyout_sports
Quote:
With the Syracuse Crunch's season ending with a loss to Grand Rapids in Game 6 of the Calder Cup Finals on Tuesday, the curtain covering injury information can finally be lifted.

The most significant appears to be a torn ACL that blueliner Brian Lee suffered in the Eastern Conference semifinals against Springfield. Tampa Bay assistant general manager Julien BriseBois said Lee has already had surgery to fix that problem.
Quote:
BriseBois said Lee's recovery should take all summer and likely will reach beyond the start of training camp. BriseBois said he did not know how deep into the preseason Lee will be impacted.

BriseBois said Radko Gudas' injured MCL will be OK and should not require extensive additional treatment,
Quote:
Defenseman Matt Taormina played the second half of the season with a herniated disc issue. BriseBois said the extent of Taormina's off-season medical requirements will be determined after his season-ending physical.
http://blog.syracuse.com/crunch/2013..._flyout_sports
Quote:
However the Tampa Bay organization decides to piece together its goaltending situation in Syracuse next season, it looks like Jaroslav Janus will not be part of that equation.

Janus played this season in the KHL. Wednesday, Tampa Bay assistant general manager Julien BriseBois said that he expects that Janus will play there again in 2013-14.

Old
06-19-2013, 01:03 PM
Follower of Yzlam
#FreeDrouin

Ugh... I really wish we could get both Janus and Vasilevski over here for next year. Oh well.

Old
06-19-2013, 01:06 PM
MattM92

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pronounced Anders View Post
Ugh... I really wish we could get both Janus and Vasilevski over here for next year. Oh well.
I would love to get Vasya here for sure. Janus to me on the same level as Tik in terms of potential, just don't see him being a #1

Old
06-19-2013, 01:07 PM
Steve Yzerman
A New Season Begins

So we're going for Round 2 of Desjardins and Helenius. Nagle will probably be re-signed as well as the 5th goaltender.

Old
06-19-2013, 01:20 PM
Follower of Yzlam
#FreeDrouin

Quote:
Originally Posted by MattM92 View Post
I would love to get Vasya here for sure. Janus to me on the same level as Tik in terms of potential, just don't see him being a #1
I see Janus as much better than Tic (especially considering the year he had in the KHL), or at least potentially. I'd like to see him get a shot, but not necessarily with us.

Old
06-19-2013, 01:21 PM
Follower of Yzlam
#FreeDrouin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve Yzerman View Post
So we're going for Round 2 of Desjardins and Helenius. Nagle will probably be re-signed as well as the 5th goaltender.
Isn't Helenius' deal 1 way next season? Then again, he's probably unmoveable, so I guess he's the default option down there.

Old
06-19-2013, 01:53 PM
Jacko95

I only believe in contracts not in words within this org and I still expect to see at least 1 maybe 2 new goalies in the system for next season.

Old
06-19-2013, 07:40 PM
Butchered
Whatchu doin Cooper?

Send a message via AIM to Butchered
In a perfect world next year it would have been Janus and Helenius all year in Suracuse to see who gets a backup spot in Tampa the following season and the loser either goes their own way or plays backup to Vasilevski as he gets tons of play time

Old
06-20-2013, 04:10 AM
LightningStrikes
Klutcherov

I guess nobody currently or next season in goal for Syracuse will get a chance with the big club anytime soon. Bishop and Lindback will battle it out in Tampa while we groom Vasilevski for the #1 job.

Old
06-20-2013, 01:54 PM
TheDaysOf 04
Rated [SFY]

https://twitter.com/syrhockey
Quote:
Sounds like both Angelidis and TB really want to get something done to bring him back next season.
Quote:
Desjardins spoke very highly of TB, said he'd love another chance in the organization
Quote:
Wyman, a UFA, was non-committal when asked about whether he thinks he'll be back. Wouldn't rule it out, but said he'll see
Quote:
Talked to Taormina, he said his ailment was ruptured disc. Got better over the course of the season, played through it, won't need surgery
Quote:
Taormina, too, sounded optimistic that TB wants him back and that the feeling is mutual. Said they will talk soon

Last edited by TheDaysOf 04: 06-20-2013 at 02:59 PM.
Old
06-20-2013, 02:11 PM
LightningStrikes
Klutcherov

One of six off-season questions for the Crunch:
Quote:
Who will take over in goal?

Maybe it will be a familiar face, if Cedrick Desjardins returns. But he is an unrestricted free agent, so he will have offseason options.

Backup Riku Helenius remains under contract, with 2013-14 kicking in on a one-way deal. He could certainly be in the mix for the Crunch, although he'd have to clear waivers to return.

At one point it looked like Jaroslav Janus, who played in the KHL this season, might be a possibility to re-join the organization next season. The Lightning still own his rights, but earlier this week Tampa Bay assistant GM Julien BriseBois said he thinks Janus will stay overseas.
http://blog.syracuse.com/crunch/2013...ons_as_th.html

Old
06-21-2013, 10:48 PM
Al Cervick

Hey everyone great season. Best group of guys here in Syracuse we've had. They probably don't read message boards but big thank you's to Jeff Vinik, Steve Yzerman, Julien Briesbois and all the Lightning staff as well as Howard Dolgon, Vance Lederman, Jim Sarosy and the Crunch staff. It will be very special to me for a long time. With this group as a whole working together we will have much success together. I have been bummed out since Tuesday but this article caught my attention.
http://blog.syracuse.com/crunch/2013...angelidis.html

I love Ang and think it would be great to have him back. I said he skates like he has cement blocks on his feet but always works hard always in the right spot on the ice and can be creative with the puck on his stick.

I honestly don't think Ceddy will be back but you never know. Very streaky. He is a solid 3 in the organization but this league is for developing players. Depends on Janus, Vasi, and what the options are at the time.

I think Taormina will get a one way deal from a team. He is really good and would surprise me if he wasn't playing in the NHL next year.

Wyman is a player that I would put up money that his stats would be the exact same in the NHL and AHL if he had the same ice time. Ang, Wyman, Brown was our shutdown line. They were great together. Wyman was very responsible and him and Ang could groom the next best 3rd line forward for TB or keep JT BRown with these guys for another year.

Huge THANK YOU to the 2012-2013 Syracuse Crunch. Great guys on and off the ice.

Last edited by Al Cervick: 06-21-2013 at 10:54 PM.
Old
06-22-2013, 10:21 PM
HoseEmUp

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crabby Williams View Post
I predict a comeback.

And you can take that to the bank.
You are a joke.

Closed Thread