HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Cory Conacher

Old
06-20-2013, 12:49 PM
Allaboard

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by hfgreg View Post
We'll give you Ben Bishop.
Would need more than Bishop !!!

Allaboard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-20-2013, 01:55 PM
SilverRed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cigar City View Post
Already doing CC dirty.... Too soon.

What a shame, you don't see Big Ben proposals yet. DO YOU? DO YOU? HUH!?!?!
lol It's not that his horrible or doesn't fit Ottawa. It's just that we have so much depth at the forward position. Most of them young players who are better suited for the bottom six roles than jumping to top 6. I could see Stefan Noesen and Mike Hoffman beating out Conacher in the training camp and that's what makes it available. We could always keep our depth and have some players play in Bingo and especially how fragile our players are this year.

SilverRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-20-2013, 02:01 PM
internetdotcom
11 + 15 + 19 = 666

Send a message via MSN to internetdotcom Send a message via Yahoo to internetdotcom
Quote:
Originally Posted by AfroThunder396 View Post
Done, no backsies.
I would hope he meant Volchenkov, circa (before he left Ottawa). Volchenkov now? (And I say this as a huge fan of Volchie).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Allaboard View Post
Sens fans grossly under value him. Next year when he has a full camp and adapts to the system they will start to get it !!!
This.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Theo Huxtable View Post
I think Conacher's value would be that of a 2nd rounder.

I suspect the Sens will try and package Conacher with the 17th pick (and perhaps other assets) to try to move up in this draft. As a Sens fan - I like Conacher's game and I hope he plays with the Sens next season, but I suspect he's being dangled in a possible deal. He's not really a Murray type player IMO.
Agree with this, with the exception of the bolded. If he is not a Murray type player, then why did Murray trade his biggest (literally and figuratively) trade chip for him just this past season, a chip that multiple teams were bidding for?

internetdotcom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-20-2013, 02:05 PM
bert

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cigar City View Post
Already doing CC dirty.... Too soon.

What a shame, you don't see Big Ben proposals yet. DO YOU? DO YOU? HUH!?!?!
I agree its embarrassing, he didn't even play enough games for anyone in the senators fan base to know what he is capable of.

bert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-20-2013, 02:09 PM
SilverRed

Quote:
Originally Posted by internetdotcom View Post
I would hope he meant Volchenkov, circa (before he left Ottawa). Volchenkov now? (And I say this as a huge fan of Volchie).

This.

Agree with this, with the exception of the bolded. If he is not a Murray type player, then why did Murray trade his biggest (literally and figuratively) trade chip for him just this past season, a chip that multiple teams were bidding for?
Because we needed help for the playoff push and another scoring forward was needed. Plus we gotten an extra 4th round pick. He traded an asset for another asset. Conacher has a better chance of increasing his value than Bishop who was a RFA.

Bryan Murray playing asset management at its finest.
Traded a second for Bishop
Traded Bishop for Conacher( value is a 2nd rounder) and a 4th rounder
If a team looks at Conacher as a top 6 forward, I could see a team offering a late first or early seconder

SilverRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-20-2013, 02:11 PM
bert

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverRed View Post
lol It's not that his horrible or doesn't fit Ottawa. It's just that we have so much depth at the forward position. Most of them young players who are better suited for the bottom six roles than jumping to top 6. I could see Stefan Noesen and Mike Hoffman beating out Conacher in the training camp and that's what makes it available. We could always keep our depth and have some players play in Bingo and especially how fragile our players are this year.
Hoffman is not beating Conacher out in anything. He doesn't have close to his jam, talk about a Murray player Conacher gets dirty. Hoff who has incredible speed has been primarily a perimeter player (which is his strength).

With the wealth of depth the organization has in players right now I would be shocked if Noesen doesn't spend the majority of the season in Binghamton learning the pro game why rush him?

Conachers development is way behind its only his second real summer having an NHL organization work with him. Do you actually think an organization like the senators who prides themselves on player development is going to just bounce one of the only natural scorers it has after newly acquiring him?

Conacher is where a 20 or 21 year old is in terms of development, a full summer of strength and conditioning combined with learning Mcleans system and what he fully expects of him. Id be shocked if he isn't in the top 5 on team scoring this season.

Those who believe the sens will try and aquire more draft picks at the draft or to move up are probably correct, they are exploding with players right now. Hoffman is probably the first to move because he does have value but likely doesn't have a place next year.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverRed View Post
Because we needed help for the playoff push and another scoring forward was needed. Plus we gotten an extra 4th round pick. He traded an asset for another asset. Conacher has a better chance of increasing his value than Bishop who was a RFA.

Bryan Murray playing asset management at its finest.
Traded a second for Bishop
Traded Bishop for Conacher( value is a 2nd rounder) and a 4th rounder
If a team looks at Conacher as a top 6 forward, I could see a team offering a late first or early seconder
No they didn't aquire him for just the playoff push he fits into the core age group of the team, Murray even said this in his press conference he wanted a player that would stay with the organization. His value is more then a 2nd, how many other rookies scored 29 points last season....

Just hold onto your hats sens fans this is a rebuild.

bert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-20-2013, 02:16 PM
Allaboard

Quote:
Originally Posted by bert View Post
Hoffman is not beating Conacher out in anything. He doesn't have close to his jam, talk about a Murray player Conacher gets dirty. Hoff who has incredible speed has been primarily a perimeter player (which is his strength).

With the wealth of depth the organization has in players right now I would be shocked if Noesen doesn't spend the majority of the season in Binghamton learning the pro game why rush him?

Conachers development is way behind its only his second real summer having an NHL organization work with him. Do you actually think an organization like the senators who prides themselves on player development is going to just bounce one of the only natural scorers it has after newly acquiring him?

Conacher is where a 20 or 21 year old is in terms of development, a full summer of strength and conditioning combined with learning Mcleans system and what he fully expects of him. Id be shocked if he isn't in the top 5 on team scoring this season.

Those who believe the sens will try and aquire more draft picks at the draft or to move up are probably correct, they are exploding with players right now. Hoffman is probably the first to move because he does have value but likely doesn't have a place next year.

No they didn't aquire him for just the playoff push he fits into the core of the team. His value is more then a 2nd, how many other rookies scored 29 points last season....
Exactly right on the button !!!

Allaboard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-20-2013, 03:14 PM
Andre Benoit Bawls
What, Me Worry?

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Theo Huxtable View Post
I think Conacher's value would be that of a 2nd rounder.

I suspect the Sens will try and package Conacher with the 17th pick (and perhaps other assets) to try to move up in this draft. As a Sens fan - I like Conacher's game and I hope he plays with the Sens next season, but I suspect he's being dangled in a possible deal. He's not really a Murray type player IMO.
Yeah he really isnt. Murray wanted a 2nd instead but his pro scouts liked Conacher a lot. I do think Murray has warmed up to him a little but wouldnt be surprised if he's dealt.

Andre Benoit Bawls is offline   Reply With Quote