HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Glencross to Rangers.

Old
06-20-2013, 11:59 AM
Seatoo
Never Stop Poasting

vCash: 500
You can have Booth for a 2nd or 3rd.

Seatoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-20-2013, 12:02 PM
Double Dion
Jets fan 30/06/2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seatoo View Post
You can have Booth for a 2nd or 3rd.
You do mean you'd give them a 2nd or 3rd to take him right?

Double Dion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-20-2013, 12:04 PM
madmike77

Quote:
Originally Posted by Machinehead View Post
Gross overpayment, but I guess that's kind of the point based on what you've told us.
It's likely a moot point. He's one of the few guys I could see not waiving his NMC to go to a contender.

He took a pretty large discount so he could stay in Calgary and I don't really think he wants to leave.

madmike77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-20-2013, 12:09 PM
Lundsanity30

what about Camalleri?

Lundsanity30 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-20-2013, 12:52 PM
Double Dion
Jets fan 30/06/2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lundsanity30 View Post
what about Camalleri?
Definitely available, he has a limited NMC. 7 teams he can pick not to be traded to. I doubt the Rangers are one of those 7. What are you offering?

Double Dion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-20-2013, 01:57 PM
nik-

He'd never waive, but as a Flames fan, I think Glencross would be an awesome addition to the Rangers

nik- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-20-2013, 02:29 PM
x BEUKEBOOM x
Buuuuuuuuuuuk !

So if Glencross is a for sure no.

Bobby Ryan is a no because of what it would take to land him. Creating holes to fill one. Let alone C-blocking the kids who are pushing themselves to attain that one position, could hinder a couple ego's unless they were part of the deal to aquire BR.

Since we're in negotiations here with Calgary and they seem to be willing to blow it up sans a few select players then what about Tanguay?

We need a 1st line LW. We have kids on their way but need some seasoning yet have the new head coach and clock ticking Lundqvist/Callahan duo to get to the finals while they are still at the top of their games.

No reason to believe based on recent production Tanguay can't fill our top line need at a lesser expense and shorter term than Bobby Ryan would require.

x BEUKEBOOM x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-20-2013, 02:48 PM
Ice Cream Man
$1 Oysters

Quote:
Originally Posted by x CALLAHAN x View Post

Bobby Ryan is a no because of what it would take to land him. Creating holes to fill one. Let alone C-blocking the kids who are pushing themselves to attain that one position, could hinder a couple ego's unless they were part of the deal to aquire BR.

Since we're in negotiations here with Calgary and they seem to be willing to blow it up sans a few select players then what about Tanguay?

We need a 1st line LW. We have kids on their way but need some seasoning yet have the new head coach and clock ticking Lundqvist/Callahan duo to get to the finals while they are still at the top of their games.

No reason to believe based on recent production Tanguay can't fill our top line need at a lesser expense and shorter term than Bobby Ryan would require.
Tanguay is available, for sure. He's still a top six forward. I don't think he's interested in being in Calgary because of the rebuild. New York would be a great spot for him.

Ice Cream Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-20-2013, 03:31 PM
Johnny Hoxville
Dust Buster

vCash: 50
For the money, Glencross has the best contract in the NHL. That alone makes him extremely valuable, but I doubt he would waive to anywhere but the Oilers. I'd ask for Kreider for him straight up if he could be convinced. Gaudreau would be pleased I'm sure.

Tangs or Cammy or could be had for a reasonable price. Probably a 2nd round pick with above average prospect (not top, and likely from the NCAA lol).

Johnny Hoxville is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-20-2013, 03:59 PM
SmellOfVictory

Quote:

Tanguay + 2014 4th for a 2014 1st. Boom.

SmellOfVictory is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-20-2013, 04:14 PM
x BEUKEBOOM x
Buuuuuuuuuuuk !

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmellOfVictory View Post
Tanguay + 2014 4th for a 2014 1st. Boom.
Too much risk.

We can't afford to trade 2 consecutive 1st round picks, our talent pool isn't that deep. Besides the possibility of having a stinker of a transitional year with a new head coach & system leading to a mid round or better pick after having traded away our 1st this year.

Sather would be crusified if all that happened just for a player like Tanguay.

x BEUKEBOOM x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-20-2013, 05:05 PM
SmellOfVictory

Quote:
Too much risk.

We can't afford to trade 2 consecutive 1st round picks, our talent pool isn't that deep. Besides the possibility of having a stinker of a transitional year with a new head coach & system leading to a mid round or better pick after having traded away our 1st this year.

Sather would be crusified if all that happened just for a player like Tanguay.
2nd and 3rd, then? I don't think there's a lot the Flames would want in terms of prospects/players that NYR would be able/willing to give up. I like Hagelin, for example, but I do believe he's rather a favourite for the Rangers.

SmellOfVictory is offline   Reply With Quote