HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Danny Kristo to Calgary

Old
06-19-2013, 09:19 PM
Habsrback

vCash: 500
Two players that Habs would love having and that they can realistically trade up for:

Anthony Mantha (expected to go (10-15) and Samuel Morin (20-30).

I would expect if we are talking of Kristo, he would be packaged with one of the Habs' 2nd picks and traded up for a 10-15th pick. This is risky though as I feel hat Kristo is NHL-ready, while a mid 1st round pick remains strictly potential, but the Habs absolutely need to beef up (and with talent). Both Mantha and Morin fit that bill.

Habsrback is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-19-2013, 09:25 PM
HighLifeMan
HFB Partner

vCash: 152
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigDaddyLurch View Post
Better player right now; no, of course not...more valuable an asset; absolutely...think about it this way; if the Flames, in their now full rebuild mode, had their choice between a 30 yeasr old Glencross, who's solid career is now on the downhill slope, and a 23 year old kid whose projected to be a top 6 threat in the near future, where would you go??...OK, now without homer bias (as I realize we all have for our teams), where would you really go??...now, as a young Habs team that is about to transition from the "Old Guard" and become a young, high energy, transition-game threat, where would you go...as a hockey fan (not just a Habs fan), I know where I'd go...
At best Kristo projects to produce at the level that Glencross is currently playing at. Suggesting he is a more valuable asset at this point in time is nothing short of laughable.

He has nine nhl games under his belt, and does not project as a top line forward, yet he is a more valuable asset than a proven top six goalscorer in the prime of his career signed to a sweetheart deal?

HighLifeMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-19-2013, 09:26 PM
BigDaddyLurch
Deleted Posts Leader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habsrback View Post
Two players that Habs would love having and that they can realistically trade up for:

Anthony Mantha (expected to go (10-15) and Samuel Morin (20-30).

I would expect if we are talking of Kristo, he would be packaged with one of the Habs' 2nd picks and traded up for a 10-15th pick. This is risky though as I feel hat Kristo is NHL-ready, while a mid 1st round pick remains strictly potential, but the Habs absolutely need to beef up (and with talent). Both Mantha and Morin fit that bill.
First off, let me start by saying I am a big fan of what Mantha could be...that said, I could honestly see Mantha sliding down to and past #25, I really could...Mantha may be big, but he doesn't play big, at least not yet...he can almost remind people of Alexei Ponikarovsky out there sometimes; so big, so skilled, and yet sooo...indifferent...almost lazy...if I were the Habs and he fell to #25, I'd be hard pressed not to grab him, but I'm not wasting assets trading up 10-15 picks for him...

BigDaddyLurch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-19-2013, 09:31 PM
Money Baer
COYS

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by HighLifeMan View Post
At best Kristo projects to produce at the level that Glencross is currently playing at. Suggesting he is a more valuable asset at this point in time is nothing short of laughable.

He has nine nhl games under his belt, and does not project as a top line forward, yet he is a more valuable asset than a proven top six goalscorer in the prime of his career signed to a sweetheart deal?
He has 9 AHL games, not NHL. It was obviously a typo. If anything, it reinforces your point more.

Money Baer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-19-2013, 09:33 PM
TheHudlinator

vCash: 354
Quote:
Better player right now; no, of course not...more valuable an asset; absolutely...think about it this way; if the Flames, in their now full rebuild mode, had their choice between a 30 yeasr old Glencross, who's solid career is now on the downhill slope, and a 23 year old kid whose projected to be a top 6 threat in the near future, where would you go??...OK, now without homer bias (as I realize we all have for our teams), where would you really go??...now, as a young Habs team that is about to transition from the "Old Guard" and become a young, high energy, transition-game threat, where would you go...as a hockey fan (not just a Habs fan), I know where I'd go...
More value

No he doesn't Glencross is a 25+ goalscorer making 2.55 a year, Kristo has played 0 nhl games.

TheHudlinator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-19-2013, 09:37 PM
MXD

Kristo isn't a lock to make the Habs roster next season, let alone the Top-6.

If I'm offered PIT first rounder, I take it. And run.

MXD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-19-2013, 09:52 PM
Habsrback

Quote:
First off, let me start by saying I am a big fan of what Mantha could be...that said, I could honestly see Mantha sliding down to and past #25, I really could...Mantha may be big, but he doesn't play big, at least not yet...he can almost remind people of Alexei Ponikarovsky out there sometimes; so big, so skilled, and yet sooo...indifferent...almost lazy...if I were the Habs and he fell to #25, I'd be hard pressed not to grab him, but I'm not wasting assets trading up 10-15 picks for him...
I agree with your perception, but his upside is so huge...Morin is definitely a safer pick (between 20-30) and does bring a ton of toughness and talent. I am sure that you know that Kristo, with all his talent, has a few question marks when it comes to commitment and off-ice antics.

Habsrback is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-19-2013, 09:59 PM
BigDaddyLurch
Deleted Posts Leader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habsrback View Post
I agree with your perception, but his upside is so huge...Morin is definitely a safer pick (between 20-30) and does bring a ton of toughness and talent. I am sure that you know that Kristo, with all his talent, has a few question marks when it comes to commitment and off-ice antics.
His off-ice stuff was a nothing major (underage drinking foolishness and stuff like that)...and like I said with Mantha, I'd be hard pressed not to grab him if he gets to #25, but I'm not wasting resources to move up just to grab him.

BigDaddyLurch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-20-2013, 05:22 PM
Nolan11

Quote:
Value is there, but Habs would want a player back with the 2013 pick, not a 2014 pick...how's Max Gaede's game coming, he could work...
Take your pick of

Desjardin/Burish/Sheppard/Irwin/Petrecki + 1st (20th) for Danny Kristo + 2nd (34th)

Nolan11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-20-2013, 11:16 PM
Johnny Hoxville
Formerly MVW

If Glencross would be traded for Kristo, I'd demand a 1st coming back as well.

Johnny Hoxville is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-20-2013, 11:28 PM
Hugo Sham

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nolan11 View Post
Take your pick of

Desjardin/Burish/Sheppard/Irwin/Petrecki + 1st (20th) for Danny Kristo + 2nd (34th)
no thanks

Hugo Sham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-20-2013, 11:47 PM
DaHabMan

f that...we've been patient with him and will continue to be...he looks alot like a keeper...he aint going nowhere...especially for a pick thats gonna take another 3-5 years to develop

DaHabMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-20-2013, 11:55 PM
First round bust

Quote:
Originally Posted by HighLifeMan View Post

He hasn't played in the nhl yet. But your point is valid.

First round bust is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-20-2013, 11:56 PM
First round bust

Sorry I just saw your next post, my bad.

First round bust is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-21-2013, 12:17 AM
nabbyfan

Quote:
His off-ice stuff was a nothing major (underage drinking foolishness and stuff like that)...and like I said with Mantha, I'd be hard pressed not to grab him if he gets to #25, but I'm not wasting resources to move up just to grab him.
He missed the second half of the season 2 or 3 years ago after passing out drunk in a snowbank and getting severe frostbite on his foot, and missed the first few games of last season for alcohol violations involving minor team mates. He was kind of a tool in classes, but certainly seemed to refocus on hockey senior year. I think getting out of college and becoming a pro will cut off the nonsense... I hope.

nabbyfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-21-2013, 02:31 AM
hockeyjack89
R.I.P. Thrashers

Kristo and a 3rd for Paaharvi??

hockeyjack89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-21-2013, 02:32 AM
Adirondack Flames

Quote:
Originally Posted by hockeyjack13 View Post
I am excited to see the overreaction from Habs fans. Thanks for this

Adirondack Flames is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-21-2013, 02:34 AM
Mats86

I see a possible Kristo + 25 for 22 + 97 at most. I imagine something to Knights comment...his dad works for Flames

Last edited by Mats86: 06-21-2013 at 02:41 AM.
Mats86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-21-2013, 02:35 AM
hockeyjack89
R.I.P. Thrashers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abbotsford Heat View Post
I am excited to see the overreaction from Habs fans. Thanks for this
Haha ikr and sorry it won't let me edit Paaharvi to Paajarvi for some reason.

hockeyjack89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-21-2013, 05:40 AM
bh2007

Quote:
Originally Posted by hockeyjack13 View Post
As Habs fan, I'll do it for sure !

bh2007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-21-2013, 05:42 AM
Adirondack Flames

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mats86 View Post
I see a possible Kristo + 25 for 22 + 97 at most. I imagine something to Knights comment...his dad works for Flames
Knight's dad is the team chaplain, he would have no insider info. If Knight knows anything it would be from Kristo himself.

Old
06-21-2013, 06:03 AM
beowulf
Poster of the Year!

Send a message via MSN to beowulf
I don't get how he could have hinted at a trade for Kristo. How the hell would a recently signed college UFA know anything about a trade the Habs might make involving Kristo? I think the Habs are going to give Kristo a good look at camp and send him to Hamilton and if he does well, will likely call him up at some point during the season as needed.

beowulf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-21-2013, 07:00 AM
Adirondack Flames

Quote:
Originally Posted by beowulf View Post
I don't get how he could have hinted at a trade for Kristo. How the hell would a recently signed college UFA know anything about a trade the Habs might make involving Kristo? I think the Habs are going to give Kristo a good look at camp and send him to Hamilton and if he does well, will likely call him up at some point during the season as needed.
Well he definitely hinted at it, said to watch Kristo at the draft because he will surprise.

Perhaps Kristo demanded a trade? Since the 2 are close friends he might be privy to some information.

But he never hinted to Calgary though, that is just an assumption people have made.

Old
06-21-2013, 07:44 AM
Caged Great

What about Cammalleri for Kristo + 3rd

Caged Great is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-21-2013, 07:45 AM
Oilersfan2487

Quote:
Originally Posted by junyab View Post
MB is not trading Kristo for a pick...even if the value is there.
I would not be so sure that MB would not trade him for a pick. when the habs called up their black knights from Hamilton for the playoffs, Kristo was not one of the guys summoned. Its not like the guy was tired, he played an NCAA schedule not CHL...further, in speaking with a director of player personnel from another team last summer, the discussion circulated around NCAa players and the NHl pulling them out after a year or two to development them more in their system and with their lengthy schedule...Note, Kristo spent 4 years in North Dakota...and his remarks were, what does that tell you?
Further, Kristo has been the subject of some questionable behavior including his actions as a captain as well as an incident where he was " too intoxicated" to understand that when he lost his shoes while walking in the snow, that he was doing significant damage to his foot...frost bite that almost came to the point of amputation...are these the qualities of a first round draft pick, do you want to have one of your guys that you are building with to have chemistry with a character of this sort...Maybe, as I always say, I am not a flames fan so this might make sense to them but not to me

Oilersfan2487 is offline   Reply With Quote