HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

nino niederreiter

Old
06-20-2013, 05:02 PM
blankall

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darth Milbury View Post
Right, and I'm sure the Isles would like Sven to play with Nino.

We'll send some expensive vets to in the deal, maybe along with some picks, and we'll call it a trade.
Well, the rumour is that Nino is unhappy with the NYI. There, may be no teeth to that, which makes this thread meaningless. However, as this is a internet message board devouted to talk of potential trades, we tend to discuss rumours and potential outcomes should those rumours be true.

I offered a choice of vets, none of whom have exceptionally large contracts (Cammy's is a high amount, but only one year), and/or first round draft picks. These are the kind of assets the NYI would be acquiring if there is truth to this rumour that Nino wants out.

Even if this rumour is not true, it's still okay to discuss Nino's trade value. If the Isle have no interest in vets, the 22nd overall in this years deep draft is a good starting point.

If you want to discuss Sven's value, feel free to start a thread.

blankall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-20-2013, 05:02 PM
Darth Milbury
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zoombie View Post
Sounds good, do you have any 'owskis?

LOL. Well played!

06-20-2013, 05:03 PM
Darth Milbury
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by blankall View Post
Well, the rumour is that Nino is unhappy with the NYI. There, may be no teeth to that, which makes this thread meaningless. However, as this is a internet message board devouted to talk of potential trades, we tend to discuss rumours and potential outcomes should those rumours be true.

I offered a choice of vets, none of whom have exceptionally large contracts (Cammy's is a high amount, but only one year), and/or first round draft picks. These are the kind of assets the NYI would be acquiring if there is truth to this rumour that Nino wants out.

Even if this rumour is not true, it's still okay to discuss Nino's trade value. If the Isle have no interest in vets, the 22nd overall in this years deep draft is a good starting point.

Its a Nino thread so I'm discussing a Sven for Nino deal.

Works for me!

If you want to throw the 22nd in as well, I'm fine with that too.

If we need to come up with some filler, I'm sure the Isles also have some inexpensive vets lying around.

Darth Milbury is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-20-2013, 05:07 PM
blankall

Quote:
Its a Nino thread so I'm discussing a Sven for Nino deal.

Works for me!

If you want to throw the 22nd in as well, I'm fine with that too.

If we need to come up with some filler, I'm sure the Isles also have some inexpensive vets lying around.
If that's the case, your answer is pretty simple. No.

Like I said before:

1) Sven looks like the better prospect at this point.

2) Even if the rumours of Nino being uncontent are not true, we don't know what Nino's thoughts on the NYI organization are or what his attititude is like. Sven seems to love the Flames and has one of the best attitudes a prospect in our organization has ever had.

On both points, why trade a certainty for an uncertainty.

Also, Sven is far more valuable to the Flames organization than Nino is to the NYIs.

Old
06-20-2013, 05:09 PM
Darth Milbury
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
If that's the case, your answer is pretty simple. No.

Like I said before:

1) Sven looks like the better prospect at this point.

2) Even if the rumours of Nino being uncontent are not true, we don't know what Nino's thoughts on the NYI organization are or what his attititude is like. Sven seems to love the Flames and has one of the best attitudes a prospect in our organization has ever had.

On both points, why trade a certainty for an uncertainty.

Also, Sven is far more valuable to the Flames organization than Nino is to the NYIs.

Fine, we could add a 2nd round pick to even it out.

Nino and a 2nd rounder in 2014 (we don't have a 2nd rounder in 2013). Maybe we throw in Poulin, since Calgary is so weak in goal.

Old
06-20-2013, 05:13 PM
blankall

Quote:

Nino and a 2nd rounder in 2014 (we don't have a 2nd rounder in 2013). Maybe we throw in Poulin, since Calgary is so weak in goal.
1) Calgary is not weak in goalie prospects.

2) This would be a case of dividing a stronger asset into several weaker ones. That doesn't happen unless a team sees a reason to move a player. There is no reason to move Sven.

Old
06-20-2013, 05:17 PM
KrisBeKreame

Quote:

2) This would be a case of dividing a stronger asset into several weaker ones. That doesn't happen unless a team sees a reason to move a player. There is no reason to move Sven.
But that is exactly what you are suggesting the Islanders do. The Islanders have not perceived a drop in value since he was picked 5th overall. So the point Darth is making is why should we accept a package is you are unwilling to accept a similar package for your prospect.

KrisBeKreame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-20-2013, 05:18 PM
Darth Milbury
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:

Well, you asked what it would take to get Nino and I told you.

Seems like we don't have a whole lot more to chat about

Old
06-20-2013, 05:20 PM
Darth Milbury
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by KrisBeKreame View Post
But that is exactly what you are suggesting the Islanders do. The Islanders have not perceived a drop in value since he was picked 5th overall. So the point Darth is making is why should we accept a package is you are unwilling to accept a similar package for your prospect.
That is my point.

Also, the earlier poster seems like a good guy and I'm just playing with him.

Old
06-20-2013, 05:20 PM
blankall

Quote:
Well, you asked what it would take to get Nino and I told you.

Seems like we don't have a whole lot more to chat about
Here's to an offer sheet in 2014

Old
06-20-2013, 05:24 PM
Darth Milbury
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Here's to an offer sheet in 2014

You rock, dude.

Excellent response.

Old
06-20-2013, 05:26 PM
SmellOfVictory

vCash: 50
Oh my god, I wish people would get over their hardons for putting dudes who happen to be from the same country/junior team together.

SmellOfVictory is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-20-2013, 05:30 PM
blankall

Quote:
You rock, dude.

Excellent response.
Kidding aside, I think the Flames will be and have been contacting the Isles about Nino. With 3 points in 64 games, if Nino doesn't put a decent season together in the next season or two, the 22nd overall will begin to look mighty tempting.

Old
06-20-2013, 05:36 PM
Darth Milbury
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Kidding aside, I think the Flames will be and have been contacting the Isles about Nino. With 3 points in 64 games, if Nino doesn't put a decent season together in the next season or two, the 22nd overall will begin to look mighty tempting.
Perhaps.

But, it doesn't look all that tempting now.

Old
06-20-2013, 06:00 PM
Jester9881

Quote:

The rumor used to be that Tavares was going to bolt first chance he got. Then, of course the rumor was that Nabokov would never play a single game for the Islanders. Then he was tolled, and the rumor was he wouldn't show up... then he did, and the rumor became he wouldn't re-sign.... then he did. Then the Islanders traded for Lubo and the rumor was that he wouldn't report, then he did.... then he was going to retire.... but he signed an extension.

The lesson here folks, is that when it comes to rumors surrounding the Islanders, you should listen to us before taking the word of a beat writer (unless the player comes out and directly says it).

Jester9881 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-20-2013, 06:07 PM
Hipster Doofus

Quote:
Perhaps.

But, it doesn't look all that tempting now.
It tempts me like Danny DeVito in a thong. It maybe a once in a lifetime chance, but Ill take that chance that its a chance worth passing up.

Hipster Doofus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-20-2013, 06:07 PM
boredmale

Quote:
Here is the problem let's say that is true, Do you honestly believe Snow will have a fire sale and take the best offer that's on the table despite how it doesn't really help the team in the big picture?

boredmale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-20-2013, 06:12 PM
ALI

Giordano and 28 for 15 and Nino

ALI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-20-2013, 06:14 PM
janecky

Garth Snow is stubborn. He'd probably rather bury Niederreiter in the AHL for the rest of his ELC and then let him go to Switzerland rather than trade him for nothing, which a 2nd round pick and a middling prospect is in this case.

I can see a Bernier-Niederreiter swap, but Lombardi will not like Niederreiter's Swiss agent who, judging by what has happened, is looking after his own short-term financial interest and not his client's long-term interest.

In my opinion, this whole Niederreiter issue is all about being badly advised.

janecky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-20-2013, 06:18 PM
HighLifeMan
HFB Partner

Quote:
Originally Posted by boredmale View Post
Here is the problem let's say that is true, Do you honestly believe Snow will have a fire sale and take the best offer that's on the table despite how it doesn't really help the team in the big picture?
How is keeping a player who has publicly asked for a trade through his agent, and is now stating that he will not show up for camp in any way beneficial for the organization?

It is hard to imagine that letting him rot within the system would help the team in the big picture. So yes, I do think Snow should make him readily available and take the best offer presented to him, because at this point he will still hold a fair amount of value.

Maybe they can work things out here, but the situation seems to be getting progressively worse the longer it goes on.

HighLifeMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-20-2013, 06:23 PM
janecky

Quote:
Originally Posted by HighLifeMan View Post
How is keeping a player who has publicly asked for a trade through his agent, and is now stating that he will not show up for camp in any way beneficial for the organization?
Prospect camp. He has already attended it three times, and players are not obligated to attend further prospect camps.

janecky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-20-2013, 06:28 PM
oilers4life5

What would we have to add to Hemsky for Niño?

oilers4life5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-20-2013, 06:29 PM
etherialone
dialed in your mom

Quote:

Wait, I thought you couldn't do things like that because you aren't actually the GM of the Isles. Funny how things change.

Nino is getting allot more criticism here then I expected.

Last edited by etherialone: 06-20-2013 at 06:38 PM.
etherialone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-20-2013, 06:29 PM
boredmale

Quote:
Originally Posted by HighLifeMan View Post
Maybe they can work things out here, but the situation seems to be getting progressively worse the longer it goes on.
How are things getting "progressively" worse. Nino's agent says he feels Nino should be in the NHL and Snow and company disagree. Nino can come to camp and prove himself if he has any problems in September and know their is no free rides.

boredmale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-20-2013, 06:50 PM
Hipster Doofus

Quote:
Originally Posted by ALI View Post
Giordano and 28 for 15 and Nino
Reasonable. Not likely, but Giodarno is legit, just not sure its worth dropping 13 spots and Nino for him.

Hipster Doofus is offline   Reply With Quote