HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Cgy-nyi

Old
06-20-2013, 06:02 PM
Darth Milbury

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by blankall View Post
Well...you obviously have some kind of obsession with Nino, but let's get something straight:

1) Cammalleri had 20 goals last season. That is not under 20. The season before last he had 19 goals and before that he had 26. He also had 16 goals in 26 playoff games during that time.

2) This year, despite playing on a blown up team, he was on pace for 24 goals. There was a lockout, the season was shortened, so you'd expect smaller goal totals.

3) Stempniak is not a junk asset. 32 points in 47 games. He's got one more year at 2.5 mil, which is a great small contract.
Cammy and Stempniak are both junk assets. Stempniak hasn't scored 20 since 2006. He was only a regular in Calgary because the flames were horrible.

Cammy can still score 25. But, at the ludicrous salary he is paid, he would quite easily clear waivers.

Combined zero value.

Darth Milbury is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-20-2013, 06:05 PM
Volica

Nino.

Getting overvalued by his team and getting low balled by other teams. It will cost a lot for Nino, however not as much as some Isle guys are given it. A first round pick, and a decent roster player on a decent deal is more than enough. In my opinion.

Also isle fans taking shots at the flames. Shame on you, you've stepped out of the joke of the league spot for one year and already throwing stones lol.

Volica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-20-2013, 06:07 PM
Langdon Alger*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darth Milbury View Post
Cammy and Stempniak are both junk assets. Stempniak hasn't scored 20 since 2006. He was only a regular in Calgary because the flames were horrible.

Cammy can still score 25. But, at the ludicrous salary he is paid, he would quite easily clear waivers.

Combined zero value.
It's hard to comply with the site's "attack the post, not the poster" rule with posts like this. Total and utter cluelessness on every conceivable level.

Langdon Alger* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-20-2013, 06:11 PM
Volica

Quote:

Combined zero value.
Stemps and Cammy can and most likely will be dealt.
You lost absolutely all credibility with that last post.

If this game were made on the hockeydb, because clearly you've never watched the flames play, guys like Stoll and formerly Yelle would be worthless... Because they don't put up huge numbers on the stat sheet. If you'd have seen a flames game, you'd know stemps has played a key role on that team, as a very solid pker, and also on a line that truly did limit the flames bleeding this year.

Volica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-20-2013, 06:11 PM
LeHabsMan

Quote:
Generous of you, as a Habs fan, to trade Nino for a player the Isles wouldn't take on waivers.
You wouldnt take Tanguay on waivers? He has 3 years left at 3.5 per season. His past 3 seasons:

79 Games - 22 Goals - 47 Assists - 69 Points
64 Games - 13 Goals - 36 Assists - 49 Points (on pace for 63 points in full season)
40 Games - 11 Goals - 16 Assists - 27 Points (on pace for 55 points in full season)

A 55 point season with the Flames isnt all that bad. A Moulson - Tavares - Tanguay line would be pretty sexy.

Plus a 22nd overall pick and a 2nd next year isnt bad at all. Nino is worth more than Cammy and a 28 but Tanguay and a 22nd is an equivalent of a 10-15 pick. Plus its a deep draft.

LeHabsMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-20-2013, 06:12 PM
boredmale

Quote:
Originally Posted by Volica View Post
Getting overvalued by his team and getting low balled by other teams. It will cost a lot for Nino, however not as much as some Isle guys are given it. A first round pick, and a decent roster player on a decent deal is more than enough. In my opinion.
The Islanders aren't going to trade Nino for table scraps. Now somebody may have a low opinion of Nino and that is fine but if that's the case why would you even want the player in the first place.

boredmale is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-20-2013, 06:13 PM
blankall

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hipster Doofus View Post
So why are the Isles trading a top 5 pick powerwinger for him? Cause he's a Roster PLayer and for one year we can have the luxury of paying him 7m?

Id rather pay Jagr 7m for year and not give up Nino. Or save the Flyers some buyout dough and through them a pick for Briere. Or cash out a wad of singles and fill a kiddie pool with it.
Nino no longer has the value of a top 5 pick. That's like me referring to Chucko as a 1st round pick and then demanding full value for him.

My offer also involved the #22 overall. The #22 overall and a roster player is fair value for Nino. And yes, you can bid on free agents. None of the ones you will get are as good as Cammalleri.

Edit:

If the issue is salary, I'm sure the Flames would take on a cap dump.

blankall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-20-2013, 06:15 PM
Hipster Doofus

Quote:
Nino.

Also isle fans taking shots at the flames. Shame on you, you've stepped out of the joke of the league spot for one year and already throwing stones lol.
Nino is far more likely to be packaged with a first for a roster upgrade then shipped off for a 1st and a Roster Player. If he's that discontent in the AHL and they want to make a roster addition; they'll trade Nelson for max value before they move Nino for a mediocre package.

Hipster Doofus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-20-2013, 06:15 PM
blankall

Quote:
Originally Posted by boredmale View Post
The Islanders aren't going to trade Nino for table scraps. Now somebody may have a low opinion of Nino and that is fine but if that's the case why would you even want the player in the first place.
1st round picks in this year's draft are not table scraps. Neither are players like Cammalleri, Stempniak, and Tanguay.

Old
06-20-2013, 06:16 PM
Hipster Doofus

Quote:
Nino no longer has the value of a top 5 pick. That's like me referring to Chucko as a 1st round pick and then demanding full value for him.

My offer also involved the #22 overall. The #22 overall and a roster player is fair value for Nino. And yes, you can bid on free agents. None of the ones you will get are as good as Cammalleri.

Edit:

If the issue is salary, I'm sure the Flames would take on a cap dump.
Take on DP.

Or trade us Baetschi for Viznovsky.

Otherwise this thread sucks and you know it.

Old
06-20-2013, 06:17 PM
Darth Milbury

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeHabsMan View Post
You wouldnt take Tanguay on waivers? He has 3 years left at 3.5 per season. His past 3 seasons:

79 Games - 22 Goals - 47 Assists - 69 Points
64 Games - 13 Goals - 36 Assists - 49 Points (on pace for 63 points in full season)
40 Games - 11 Goals - 16 Assists - 27 Points (on pace for 55 points in full season)

A 55 point season with the Flames isnt all that bad. A Moulson - Tavares - Tanguay line would be pretty sexy.
Tanguay has 3 seasons at 3.5 million. His production does not warrant that kind of commitment.

So, no I do not believe the Isles would take him on waivers. I thought that was a horrible contract for Calgary to give out.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeHabsMan View Post
Plus a 22nd overall pick and a 2nd next year isnt bad at all. Nino is worth more than Cammy and a 28 but Tanguay and a 22nd is an equivalent of a 10-15 pick. Plus its a deep draft.
Since I wouldn't take Tanguay on waviers, I don't agree that he would be worth an upgrade in the draft.

I'm also not sure why we would trade a prospect who is near ready to step in for picks that are years away.

Old
06-20-2013, 06:18 PM
Hipster Doofus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Langdon Alger View Post
It's hard to comply with the site's "attack the post, not the poster" rule with posts like this. Total and utter cluelessness on every conceivable level.
AHHAHAHAhahahahahahahahaashjajhahahasbhsdabhjdsfab jsfdbvmfdsbfdshja

Old
06-20-2013, 06:18 PM
Darth Milbury

Quote:
1st round picks in this year's draft are not table scraps. Neither are players like Cammalleri, Stempniak, and Tanguay.

The first part of that is true.

The second is not.

Cammy, give his contract, is simply not tradeable.

Stempiak and Tanguay MAYBE get you mid-round picks,

You're not being realistic if you are expecting any return of value for those guys,.

Anyway, you are a good guy and I enjoy your sense of humor. So, maybe agree to disagree.

Old
06-20-2013, 06:19 PM
boredmale

Quote:
Cammalleri is overpaid and for a team like the Islanders who fight to get above the cap min that contract would kill us. I do think Cammy might have decent value at the trade deadline if the flames want to dump him that is their best bet

Stempaniak and Tanguay are ok players but not guys I am going to gut my team for. If Calgary came and said hey you want one of these guys for a 2nd rounder in next years draft I might think about it twice but I am not going to morgage the future for a player that I could get an equally as good player in the UFA market

Old
06-20-2013, 06:20 PM
Hipster Doofus

You called my guy who had like 3 good NHL seasons and one was a 15 game hot streak and my 7m LH floaty guy not good. You sir are classless.

Old
06-20-2013, 06:21 PM
MVW

vCash: 50
Stop referring to Nino as a top 5 pick lol. He's no longer that and hasn't progressed to a point to maintain that value. That is a fact.

With that said, he's still valuable and still in demand but you can't expect the 6th for him. If you don't like the proposal say no thanks so you don't come across as a Moron.

MVW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-20-2013, 06:21 PM
blankall

Quote:
Take on DP.

Or trade us Baetschi for Viznovsky.

Otherwise this thread sucks and you know it.
See those aren't really what's beign discussed here.

DP has a contract that extends well beyond this year. Cammy's ends this year.

Baertschi has higher trade value at this point. Also, the Isles should be coming out of their rebuild. So they require roster players. While the Flames who are just starting a rebuild require prospects. A major difference is that Baertschi is contributing at the NHL level, while Nino is not. For a team coming out of a rebuild, a player with no NHL contribution should not hold as much value. Let's also keep in mind you are additionally being offered a FIRST ROUND PICK in a deep draft.

Old
06-20-2013, 06:22 PM
Hipster Doofus

Cammellerri is a ROSTER PLAYER. God dammnit hes a ROSTER PLAYER. He is on an NHL ROSTER. Therefore trade us your 5th overall pick from 3 years ago so we can give an official former Calgary Flame ROSTER PLAYER.

Well even throw in LEE Stempniak who once scored 15 goals in 15 games a few years back and it was pretty rad.

Old
06-20-2013, 06:22 PM
Langdon Alger*

Quote:
AHHAHAHAhahahahahahahahaashjajhahahasbhsdabhjdsfab jsfdbvmfdsbfdshja
Awww... Did your care worker let you on the computer all by yourself? Good for you!

You even managed to get half your username right!

Langdon Alger* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-20-2013, 06:23 PM
Darth Milbury

Quote:
Nino.

I didn't mean to "take a shot at the Flames." The point there was Calgary IS at the beginning of a long rebuild and has come off a horrible season. I expect the Flames to be back in contention, and I am not all that clear that the Isles are out of the woods, but a little realism about the situation might be helpful.

That said, I agree my post came across as kind of a low blow.

Old
06-20-2013, 06:24 PM
Darth Milbury

Peace out for me. Blankall, a pleasure interacting with you disagreements notwithstanding.

Old
06-20-2013, 06:24 PM
Hipster Doofus

Quote:
See those aren't really what's beign discussed here.

DP has a contract that extends well beyond this year. Cammy's ends this year.

Baertschi has higher trade value at this point. Also, the Isles should be coming out of their rebuild. So they require roster players. While the Flames who are just starting a rebuild require prospects. A major difference is that Baertschi is contributing at the NHL level, while Nino is not. For a team coming out of a rebuild, a player with no NHL contribution should not hold as much value.

13 points in 25 games. 10 in 20 this year. Viznovsky led NHL d-men in points two years ago. Rob Schremp put up .5 points per game in his Islander stint. Id trade Rob Schremp for Viznovsky and so should you.

Old
06-20-2013, 06:26 PM
Hipster Doofus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Langdon Alger View Post
Awww... Did your care worker let you on the computer all by yourself? Good for you!

You even managed to get half your username right!
Poster says Stempniak and Cammellerri aren't good players. Classless.

Poster laughs. Poster is mentally challenged.

I think your post is mentally challenged and classless. A bitter special post.

Old
06-20-2013, 06:26 PM
boredmale

Quote:
Also, the Isles should be coming out of their rebuild. So they require roster players.
The Islanders require CHEAP top 6 talent. Now whether Nino is that guy our not is still a question but we would be stupid to dump him for a short term fix who will cause havoc to our salary structure.

As I said above the Islanders won't trade Nino for table scraps, now if a team comes calling wanting Nino badly and offer us a player who can be a key part of our team both this year and many years to come who has a reasonable contract, I am pretty sure Snow will listen.

Old
06-20-2013, 06:29 PM
Hipster Doofus

Quote:
Originally Posted by boredmale View Post
The Islanders require CHEAP top 6 talent. Now whether Nino is that guy our not is still a question but we would be stupid to dump him for a short term fix who will cause havoc to our salary structure.
If Cammelleri was a RH shot or not absurdly small and limited defensively it makes sense to make a roster upgrade but he's not an upgrade and thats why its not a good proposal and why calling him a Roster Player doesn't change the underlying issues as to why Cammelleri is a bad fit in every way possible.