HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must use the RUMOR prefix in thread title. Proposals must contain the PROPOSAL prefix in the thread title.

EDM - OTT unlikely Blockbuster

Old
06-20-2013, 05:05 PM
AlowlyMcOilersfan
Comrade

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Qward View Post
Ottawa's two most pressing needs are a high end top 6, prefer top 3 and a top 4 RHD.

Magnus is neither of these.

Thank you, but decline.
He can play D.

<.<

>.>

AlowlyMcOilersfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-20-2013, 05:06 PM
BK201

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by WillyBilly1990 View Post
Pajaarvi is a bust for where he was picked there is a difference
He's not a bust he's just not exactly the winger they thought they drafted.

BK201 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-20-2013, 05:07 PM
alpine4life

Quiclky: NO

Elaborate: NOPE

alpine4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-20-2013, 05:33 PM
supert

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neatman View Post
Mackinnon
Drouin
Barkov
Nish
Lindholm
Monahan
Seventh Pick

If the top forwards are all gone by 7th, Jones is left. You should at least know what the top 7 players likely are before throwing out outlandish claims.

In regards to the trade, Im not sure. I think both teams say no. Edm because the 7th pick is likely the best player in the trade, and theyre not giving up prv that easily . Ott because they developed Zib already (less risk), and he fits their team well.
Hell then we take Seth Jones and laugh all day long , I would never trade Seth Jones for anything Ottawa offer let alone add PRV and Musil and a 2nd in a deep draft . So I am in agreement with this Poster .you should know the prospects before making a statement like you did .

supert is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-20-2013, 05:37 PM
HavlatMach9

Comes down to Zibanejad for 7th overall. More certainty and safety with Zibanejad, but the 7th could end up being anything, much better or much worse.

HavlatMach9 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-20-2013, 05:39 PM
Altimus
Probably drunk

Send a message via AIM to Altimus Send a message via MSN to Altimus
Doesn't upgrade our team next season. Pass.

Altimus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-20-2013, 05:40 PM
WillyBilly1990

Quote:
Originally Posted by gauthier7890 View Post
The kid is 22, three years in the NHL and hes a bust eh.... good detective work !!
Read what i said 1st do you want a 2nd/3rd line tweener at 10th overall i don't think anybody does he should have been picked in the late 1st early 2nd

WillyBilly1990 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-20-2013, 05:43 PM
supert

Quote:
Pajaarvi is a bust for where he was picked there is a difference
PRV was never a big scorer . He was fast and very good defensively . He is this and now he has started driving to the net and will continue to score some garbage goals . No one here is trying to trade PRV we are happy to keep him . At least most true Oilers fans aren't . There are always a few clueless Fans whom do not even know which pick Ottawa has and which players the Oilers are looking to trade . Hemsky need to go because of PRV play . The second line will be PRV , Gagner until we have a bigger C and Yakupov

Last edited by Guerzy: 06-20-2013 at 06:19 PM. Reason: Deleted Flaming comment.
Old
06-20-2013, 05:43 PM
busterlid

Quote:
Originally Posted by Macch View Post
Is this lakai17???
Nice.

busterlid is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-20-2013, 05:47 PM
supert

Quote:
Read what i said 1st do you want a 2nd/3rd line tweener at 10th overall i don't think anybody does he should have been picked in the late 1st early 2nd
Better read what you said yourself . First you call him and Musil scrubs and then called PRV a Bust . Pretty easy to go and look yourself . You did not mention a thing about anything you just posted

Old
06-20-2013, 05:48 PM
sens613

Quote:
Originally Posted by supert View Post
PRV was never a big scorer . He was fast and very good defensively . He is this and now he has started driving to the net and will continue to score some garbage goals . No one here is trying to trade PRV we are happy to keep him . At least most true Oilers fans aren't . There are always a few clueless Fans whom do not even know which pick Ottawa has and which players the Oilers are looking to trade . Hemsky need to go because of PRV play . The second line will be PRV , Gagner until we have a bigger C and Yakupov
No winger picked in the top 10 is projected to be nothing more then good defensively and not a big scorer. If that was his ceiling he would not have been drafted there. Just because he is a solid NHLer does not mean he did not live up to expectations.

Last edited by Guerzy: 06-20-2013 at 06:20 PM. Reason: Edited quoted post.
sens613 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-20-2013, 05:56 PM
WillyBilly1990

Quote:
Better read what you said yourself . First you call him and Musil scrubs and then called PRV a Bust . Pretty easy to go and look yourself . You did not mention a thing about anything you just posted
I said he is a bust for what position he was picked if you drafted that year at 10th overall again would you still pick him and you go look at your self insulting people on the INTERNET and i called them scrubs because they are scrubs compared to Zibanejad

Old
06-20-2013, 05:59 PM
Marty Straka
Don't Stop Believin'

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neatman View Post
Mackinnon
Drouin
Barkov
Nish
Lindholm
Monahan
Seventh Pick

If the top forwards are all gone by 7th, Jones is left. You should at least know what the top 7 players likely are before throwing out outlandish claims.

In regards to the trade, Im not sure. I think both teams say no. Edm because the 7th pick is likely the best player in the trade, and theyre not giving up prv that easily . Ott because they developed Zib already (less risk), and he fits their team well.
Um... what's outlandish.. I said top end.. aka MacKinnon, Drouin, Barkov and Nish... I don't see Lindholm or Monahan and any better then Zibanejad especially including our 1st.

Old
06-20-2013, 06:12 PM
supert

Quote:
I said he is a bust for what position he was picked if you drafted that year at 10th overall again would you still pick him and you go look at your self insulting people on the INTERNET and i called them scrubs because they are scrubs compared to Zibanejad
And Zibanejad is a scrub compared to 80 % of the players in the NHL and yes i would still pick him at 10TH . Lots of players picked at 10th do not even make the NHL . He was good as a Rookie and was good this year , so he had one down year , OMG he a bust . I also guess you are a better hockey player then them , if not and they are scrubs what does that make you ? Also calling them a scrub is that not calling names on the internet . I hated Ottawa when i live there and could no wait to get out of there , their hockey fans are the worst .

Old
06-20-2013, 06:17 PM
burgess1978

Regardless of all the other pieces a Zibanejad for MPS swap doesn't improve Ottawa's roster so the Sens would't so it.

burgess1978 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-20-2013, 06:20 PM
Marty Straka
Don't Stop Believin'

Quote:
And Zibanejad is a scrub compared to 80 % of the players in the NHL and yes i would still pick him at 10TH . Lots of players picked at 10th do not even make the NHL . He was good as a Rookie and was good this year , so he had one down year , OMG he a bust . I also guess you are a better hockey player then them , if not and they are scrubs what does that make you ? Also calling them a scrub is that not calling names on the internet . I hated Ottawa when i live there and could no wait to get out of there , their hockey fans are the worst .

Says the guy posting this kind of crap... Yes.. Sens fans are the worst... ooook there bud.

It's fairly simple... Zibanejad is more developed... and has just as much... if not more potential then the player we'd pick at 7th overall and is more useful to us now and probably in the future as well. It's not worth giving him up to move up 10 spots and adding pieces we don't really need.. But it's ok bashing with out any analysis is ok too.

Marty Straka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-20-2013, 06:22 PM
AlowlyMcOilersfan
Comrade

vCash: 50
very likely situation: no transactions between Ottawa and Edmonton

AlowlyMcOilersfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-20-2013, 06:27 PM
Marty Straka
Don't Stop Believin'

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlowlyOilersfan View Post
very likely situation: no transactions between Ottawa and Edmonton
No No... we've already agreed to a Hemsky trade surprisingly earlier this week.. still waiting on the GM Calls.

Marty Straka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-20-2013, 06:28 PM
WillyBilly1990

Quote:
You calling me an idiot is an insult, calling players scrubs is not an insult unless they are on this website if so i apologize to them and you would pick him ahead of Ryan O'Reilly, Nick Leddy, Marcus Johansson, Dimitri Kulikov, Kyle Clifford show that you know nothing about hockey

Old
06-20-2013, 06:30 PM
sens613

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marty Straka View Post

Says the guy posting this kind of crap... Yes.. Sens fans are the worst... ooook there bud.

It's fairly simple... Zibanejad is more developed... and has just as much... if not more potential then the player we'd pick at 7th overall and is more useful to us now and probably in the future as well. It's not worth giving him up to move up 10 spots and adding pieces we don't really need.. But it's ok bashing with out any analysis is ok too.
apparently you are wrong and we are "idiots and obviously know nothing about hockey". If sens fans are bad what does that make fans who spout of like that?

sens613 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-20-2013, 07:56 PM
Neatman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marty Straka View Post
Um... what's outlandish.. I said top end.. aka MacKinnon, Drouin, Barkov and Nish... I don't see Lindholm or Monahan and any better then Zibanejad especially including our 1st.
That's your opinion then. Nish could be easily available at 7. Lindholm and Monahan are both possible #1Cs and could easily go ahead of Nish. None of that is guaranteed, so Im not going to belittle you for saying you'd rather keep Zibanejad.

I just see Zibanejad as a #2C, and therefore I imagine a number of teams would rather have a shot at Lindholm or Monahan than have him.

Neatman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-20-2013, 08:16 PM
MoreGore

What do MPS and Musil do for Ottawa? Well they clog up a position that is already clogged. There are more NHL calibre players banging down the door in Ottawa than there are positions. We waived Daugavins (to Boston no less), and will do the same with Regin and O'Brien. So......

Which player would Ottawa waive to fit MPS into the lineup? Conacher perhaps. Musil would slot in front of or behind Boroweicki?

So the trade becomes 7th for Zibanejad and 17th for the 2nd rounder.

MoreGore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-20-2013, 09:25 PM
JackBauer

Quote:
Originally Posted by sens613 View Post
apparently you are wrong and we are "idiots and obviously know nothing about hockey". If sens fans are bad what does that make fans who spout of like that?
read the post again...

JackBauer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-20-2013, 09:38 PM
McBaevid
Lottery Dynasty

Quote:
Originally Posted by OnTheBrink View Post
Unlikely blockbuster between Ottawa and Edmonton

one of the following I think is decent value wise, I'm sure neither fan base wants to give up their guy though.

Zibanejad + 17th overall for 7th overall + Pajaarvi + Musil + Ana 2nd
no way

the difference between Paajarvi and Zibanejad isn't very big, infact, MPS' rookie season was better in my opinion. Hes better defensively, better skater, bigger, and has started using his size this season.

7th + Musil + Anaheim 2nd > Zibanejad

Paajarvi > 17th

McBaevid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-20-2013, 09:42 PM
Mika Zibanejad
Free The Oppressed

vCash: 966
im ottawa and i will take it..... 7th overall likely lindholm is > Zibby, then 17 <<< Pajaarvi + Musil + Ana 2nd

Mika Zibanejad is offline   Reply With Quote