HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Blues - Flyers

Old
06-20-2013, 06:52 PM
SchennSational1022*
The Future

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by StevensCakeBakerBacker View Post
Lol! Get real. Everyone understands that players can bust, but it is 100% known you haven't watched Couts play. You're a stat junkie, and base your opinion on selke votes... Lame.

Who votes for the Selke? Is by chance the same boneheads that had Letang as a Norris finalist? It's a popularity contest, not a definitive measure of a player.

When did I say Couts would get Shat? (that's a much better nickname for him)
Selke winners now are often above average offensive players too. Usually the best defensive players are bottom 6ers. There is no point of trying to justify Couturier to the main board anymore. Who cares, Ill be glad to keep him. Well be happy we did in 2 years

SchennSational1022* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-20-2013, 06:53 PM
bleedblue1223
OMAHA!!!

vCash: 50
Quote:
You need a crystal ball to understand that for NSH to get value on the Weber deal that Weber needs to perform at a high level through the back end of his contract?
You think it's a guarantee that he won't perform at a high level? That's what you said and no one knows if that will happen or not.

bleedblue1223 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-20-2013, 06:59 PM
StevensCakeBakerBacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by bleedblue1223 View Post
You think it's a guarantee that he won't perform at a high level? That's what you said and no one knows if that will happen or not.
"High Level" means one of the best D-men in the NHL. You think it's more likely that in 8 years (6 years remaining on his deal) Weber is still a top NHL D-man?

StevensCakeBakerBacker is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-20-2013, 07:02 PM
bleedblue1223
OMAHA!!!

Quote:
"High Level" means one of the best D-men in the NHL. You think it's more likely that in 8 years (6 years remaining on his deal) Weber is still a top NHL D-man?
I think it's more likely than not. Look at Chara, look at Lidstrom, and look at all the others before them. Barring some severe injury like Pronger's, something you can't predict, Weber will more than likely still be a top defenseman.

Old
06-20-2013, 07:09 PM
StevensCakeBakerBacker

Quote:
I think it's more likely than not. Look at Chara, look at Lidstrom, and look at all the others before them. Barring some severe injury like Pronger's, something you can't predict, Weber will more than likely still be a top defenseman.
I don't know how you come up with this stuff... Weber will be about 42 when his deal expires, and you think it's likely he plays at a high level until then because two of the best d-men ever did it.

StevensCakeBakerBacker is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-20-2013, 07:16 PM
bleedblue1223
OMAHA!!!

Quote:
I don't know how you come up with this stuff... Weber will be about 42 when his deal expires, and you think it's likely he plays at a high level until then because two of the best d-men ever did it.
Lidstrom is one of the best ever, Chara is not in that category. Weber plays a game that will last, he has a big body, doesn't rely on a certain skill set that will deteriorate, so yeah I believe Weber can maintain his play barring any major injury.

Besides, Weber was going to get big money later in his career anyway. The original point was that people were surprised Nashville is paying that, but none of those people realize how important Weber is to Nashville and the fanbase that Nashville has.

Old
06-20-2013, 07:18 PM
Novacain

This thread needs closing.

And no, Couts doesn't get you Kirk. It doesn't really put you in the ballpark either. We want someone to push Backes to line 2, and Couts is not that guy.

Novacain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-20-2013, 07:36 PM
Broad Street Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Novacain View Post

And no, Couts doesn't get you Kirk. It doesn't really put you in the ballpark either. We want someone to push Backes to line 2, and Couts is not that guy.
And Shattenkirk absolutely doesn't get you that kind of player either.

Broad Street Elite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-20-2013, 07:39 PM
bleedblue1223
OMAHA!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Broad Street Elite View Post
And Shattenkirk absolutely doesn't get you that kind of player either.
Where did he imply Shattenkirk would be the only piece involved? We can put together a package for just about anyone. We even had a reasonable package for Malkin that people were ok with value wise.

Old
06-20-2013, 10:43 PM
flyersfan018

Quote:

How does it not even put you in the ballpark? Obviously it should be Couturier+ but get real.

flyersfan018 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-20-2013, 10:45 PM
bleedblue1223
OMAHA!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by flyersfan018 View Post
How does it not even put you in the ballpark? Obviously it should be Couturier+ but get real.
Couturier isn't the type of center we need. We need a playmaking center, not a defensive center. Shattenkirk will only be moved for a proven young playmaker.

Old
06-20-2013, 10:48 PM
hockeyjack89
Thrashers

I'd say maybe couturier for Polak and a late pick

hockeyjack89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-20-2013, 10:50 PM
flyersfan018

Quote:
Couturier isn't the type of center we need. We need a playmaking center, not a defensive center. Shattenkirk will only be moved for a proven young playmaker.
I'm talking strictly value-wise not needs-wise.

Old
06-20-2013, 10:59 PM
NitHeel
Mucker/Grinder

Quote:
Originally Posted by hockeyjack13 View Post
I'd say maybe couturier for Polak and a late pick
Um, what?

NitHeel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-20-2013, 11:35 PM
PhilaFlyers

Quote:
Originally Posted by SchennSational1022 View Post
Couturier and the 11th overall for Shattenkirk. Its an overpayment, regardless of if Couturier is a fit or not. Shatty is one of my favorite players so I think a lot of Flyers fans wouldnt like that deal.
I wouldn't do that

PhilaFlyers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-21-2013, 02:56 AM
BleedinBlueSince1972
More Cowbell!!!

vCash: 1010
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beerz View Post
I think this might work for both teams......

Sean Couturier for Kevin Shattenkirk
Nope. Next.

BleedinBlueSince1972 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-21-2013, 05:50 AM
Novacain

Quote:
I'm talking strictly value-wise not needs-wise.
Value is pointless without need. We aren't trading Kirk without filling our need. Flyers can't fill it, therefor you aren't getting Kirk.

Simple.

Old
06-21-2013, 09:09 AM
SirPaste

Quote:
Value is pointless without need. We aren't trading Kirk without filling our need. Flyers can't fill it, therefor you aren't getting Kirk.

Simple.
Exactly, Couts doesnt fill a need therefor he doesnt have much value to us, need and value go hand in hand

SirPaste is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-21-2013, 09:22 AM
Tripod

As a Flyers fan, I say this Shatty to Philly talk needs to stop. St.L wants a #1-#2 C that is proven. Philly has 1 of those...Giroux. Schenn and Couts have potential and have shown they can play in the NHL, but not enough to get a #2 D-man on a team that wants to contend like St.L.

As far as those ignoring St.L needs, use some logic. They have centers with potential...like Berglund. To ignore it and go on about value...who cares. The value is less to them beacause it doesn't fill a need. Just as it would for Philly fans if other teams fans are talking to us about trading Philly a center.

Anyways, that's my rant on it. Now I wait for Holmgren to do something to stun me again.

Tripod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-21-2013, 10:02 AM
flyersfan018

Quote:

Simple.
That's not what you said originally. You said Couturier wouldn't even come close to getting someone like Shattenkirk in a trade. Which is so off base.

Old
06-21-2013, 02:45 PM
Novacain

Quote:
That's not what you said originally. You said Couturier wouldn't even come close to getting someone like Shattenkirk in a trade. Which is so off base.
I'm gonna regret bumping this...

I said Couturier doesn't get you close to Shattenkirk, which is true, because trades don't happen in a vacuum. To the Blues, Shattenkirk's value is much much much higher then Couturier. If we trade Shattenkirk, we need a replacement RHD that second. We have nobody ready to take the role. The only reason Blues fans would be willing to move him for is an upgrade at the one think we don't have. A true No.1 Center. Any thing else then that is simply not something that interests us, regardless of value from a pure "talent for talent" standpoint.

To be quiet blunt, while value certainly points in the Blues advantage, I still turn down Couturier and the 11th for Shattenkirk. I'd be hesistant to do it, but I don't feel like it would make us a better team. Instead of one glaring need, we'd have 2, and the 11th pick might help that in a year or two, but we are trying to win the cup right now.