HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Chicago Blackhawks
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Fire Joel Quenneville (part II)

Closed Thread

Old
06-20-2013, 05:21 PM
CBJ All The Way

vCash: 500
Kind of confused to why you guys want Queneville out? You guys are tied 2-2 in the Stanley cup finals!

Old
06-20-2013, 06:22 PM
Hawkaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by CBJ All The Way View Post
Kind of confused to why you guys want Queneville out? You guys are tied 2-2 in the Stanley cup finals!
Welcome to the Hawks board.

Old
06-20-2013, 06:23 PM
Crazy_Ike
Cookin' with fire.

vCash: 50
It's funny, the less "coach strategerizing" Quenneville does the better the team does. No more Ben Smith the secret weapon and "spin the wheel of lines" and the Hawks score six goals.

Old
06-20-2013, 07:16 PM
Hawkaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marotte Marauder View Post
Pretty tough to play inspired hockey when the whole world sees the lineup is totally effed up, wouldn't you say?
Thats exactly what i'm saying, players have no right to take shifts off because they are pouting about who they are playing with. You can get away with it in the regular season but not in Game 1-7 in the SCF. The line ups are going to be ****ed when you lose arguably your best player just before the game, and guys like Kane and Bickell have been invisible.

Its one thing if they are giving full on effort and pucks just aren't going your way. Its another thing to play perimeter hockey because of who you are playing with.

Boston played amazing compared to last night at the same time. And to be fair, our defensive effort compared to the last couple games was atrocious. Do we blame that on the change of lines?

Old
06-20-2013, 07:18 PM
Hawkaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crazy_Ike View Post
It's funny, the less "coach strategerizing" Quenneville does the better the team does. No more Ben Smith the secret weapon and "spin the wheel of lines" and the Hawks score six goals.
..and let in a playoff high 5 goals.

And it's Qs system that has got us this far.

Old
06-20-2013, 07:22 PM
Marotte Marauder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawkaholic View Post
Thats exactly what i'm saying, players have no right to take shifts off because they are pouting about who they are playing with. You can get away with it in the regular season but not in Game 1-7 in the SCF. The line ups are going to be ****ed when you lose arguably your best player just before the game, and guys like Kane and Bickell have been invisible.

Its one thing if they are giving full on effort and pucks just aren't going your way. Its another thing to play perimeter hockey because of who you are playing with.

Boston played amazing compared to last night at the same time. And to be fair, our defensive effort compared to the last couple games was atrocious. Do we blame that on the change of lines?
It's not about about pouting, the emotion is just sucked out if you are a black hole or helicopter line. Especially when done for no good reason, must be frustrating.

Old
06-20-2013, 09:05 PM
Pepe Silvia

vCash: 1344
As a Hawks fan, this thread is embarrassing. They're two wins away from winning the Stanley Cup, had a record breaking start to the season, and won the Presidents' Trophy. Meanwhile, Quenneville nearly won the Jack Adams.

Q has made some questionable decisions these playoffs, but he's also done a lot to get the Hawks to this point. If benching Stalberg or Leddy are your biggest complaints, then I'd say we're in pretty good shape.

Old
06-20-2013, 09:23 PM
Marotte Marauder

Quote:
Originally Posted by nds90 View Post
As a Hawks fan, this thread is embarrassing. They're two wins away from winning the Stanley Cup, had a record breaking start to the season, and won the Presidents' Trophy. Meanwhile, Quenneville nearly won the Jack Adams.

Q has made some questionable decisions these playoffs, but he's also done a lot to get the Hawks to this point. If benching Stalberg or Leddy are your biggest complaints, then I'd say we're in pretty good shape.
I see this a lot on the forum, yet nobody ever points to an in game adjustment or strategy he has successfully implemented. Lines mixed in a blender, Kruger at 2C, Sharp never back at 2C? Change up the forechecking scheme, effectively dump and chase? What? Show me something.

Old
06-20-2013, 09:25 PM
zac

Quote:
Originally Posted by CBJ All The Way View Post
Because we're here because of our roster, not because of our coach. Q's greatest achievement this year was giving Saad first line minutes and not ****ing with the lines during the regular season. Predictably he started tinkering with something that wasn't broke during the first hint of adversity and it might have singlehandedly lost us two games.

He's an idiot and one of the most overrated coaches in history. When you examine the areas the coach can heavily influence the game, he fails in almost every category.

Old
06-20-2013, 09:35 PM
zac

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bubba88 View Post
#2 in Jack Adams voting this year
Team is in the cup finals 2 wins away while winning the presidents trophy after being #6 in the West the year before
Guy is already on the all time list of games coached and wins and is the most winning coach in the POs still being activ

I'm not a Q fan but this thread is embarassing

another question... why doesn't Q get credit for the great PK and how much it improved? Guys knock on him because of the PP yet he never got credit for the great PK.
#1 - So what? We had an awesome record this year so Q was going to get some votes if he deserved it or not. Fact is our stars were our stars, we had several young players improve, we had bounceback performances from our GTs, and somehow Q kept his tinkering to an all-time low. Bowman's the one who deserves the most credit as it was shown the roster is excellent when player's are used right.

Besides, do you know how many Bhawk games the average voter probably watched? My guess is 10 (at most) for most. A lot of posters, including myself, have watched 90% + of the games this year. A majority of those writers are less qualified than we are when it comes to our team.

#2 - Q is one of the luckiest coaches of ALL-TIME. Walks into a great situation in StL with some great players, and had a decent if unspectacular roster in Colorado. Then he gets here and gets gift-wrapped a championship caliber roster with several stars entering into their primes. He's been more fortunate than he has been good.

#3 - You know what? I did give him credit for a while until he recently revealed the real reasons why he started to use Frolik and Kruger on the PK. He was worried the short season would tax his stars so he thought it was an opportunity to give them a break. If this was the regular season they likely would have seen very few minutes. In other words, it was dumb luck more than anything else.

If you can't discern from the multitude of errors this post-season that Q his a horrible, and horribly overrated coach then I don't know what to tell you aside from you probably can't be reached.

Old
06-20-2013, 09:37 PM
brtriad

Send a message via AIM to brtriad
Agreed that the Hawks are winning in spite of Quenneville. I don't care who's behind the bench as long as they win. That means keep the PK strong like they've been all year and score the occasional powerplay goal. Those are things he can and should influence.

Old
06-20-2013, 09:39 PM
Any Colour You Like
Communiqué

vCash: 2293
I don't think Quenneville should be fired, I think he should be reminded that he has Scotty ****ing Bowman at his disposal.

Old
06-20-2013, 09:45 PM
Marotte Marauder

Quote:
Originally Posted by zac View Post
#3 - You know what? I did give him credit for a while until he recently revealed the real reasons why he started to use Frolik and Kruger on the PK. He was worried the short season would tax his stars so he thought it was an opportunity to give them a break. If this was the regular season they likely would have seen very few minutes. In other words, it was dumb luck more than anything else.

I had not heard that, just too effin' funny.

Old
06-20-2013, 10:49 PM
WarriorofTime
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crazy_Ike View Post
Agreed. It seems so obvious that Kane and Toews should play together and Stalberg should play 100 % of the games.

Coaches often get too much blame when the team loses. In Quenneville's case, I don't think he deserves a lot of credit for when the Hawks win. I have a tough time believing he's a huge reason the Hawks are where they are when the Hawks have arguably the best core in the league.Top 4 Forward group that can hang with anybody's and a top 3 Defensive group that can do the same, with good role players to support them.

I think Quenneville has been "alright" overall. The players seem to respect him and want to play hard for him. The sudden collapse of the power play from what was one of the league's best and should be with all the talent is pretty mind boggling. His choice of Assistants goes hand in hand with that. His lineup decisions again mind-boggle me sometimes.

Old
06-20-2013, 11:01 PM
PanniniClaus

Quote:
Because we're here because of our roster, not because of our coach. Q's greatest achievement this year was giving Saad first line minutes and not ****ing with the lines during the regular season. Predictably he started tinkering with something that wasn't broke during the first hint of adversity and it might have singlehandedly lost us two games.

He's an idiot and one of the most overrated coaches in history. When you examine the areas the coach can heavily influence the game, he fails in almost every category.
Who do you want behind your bench?

Old
06-20-2013, 11:22 PM
Sir Psycho T
More Cowbell!

I think Q too often does things unnecessarily.

It's obvious Toews and Kane are magic together, why do they play together so selectively?

Thats just one of many gripes. That Q trying to be different or trying to be smart often times does things he doesn't need to.

Leddy playing 2 min last night? He hasn't played great fine but he isn't costing this team games either.

Old
06-21-2013, 06:37 AM
Bubba88
Toews = Savior

vCash: 50
Quote:
#1 - So what? We had an awesome record this year so Q was going to get some votes if he deserved it or not. Fact is our stars were our stars, we had several young players improve, we had bounceback performances from our GTs, and somehow Q kept his tinkering to an all-time low. Bowman's the one who deserves the most credit as it was shown the roster is excellent when player's are used right.

Besides, do you know how many Bhawk games the average voter probably watched? My guess is 10 (at most) for most. A lot of posters, including myself, have watched 90% + of the games this year. A majority of those writers are less qualified than we are when it comes to our team.

#2 - Q is one of the luckiest coaches of ALL-TIME. Walks into a great situation in StL with some great players, and had a decent if unspectacular roster in Colorado. Then he gets here and gets gift-wrapped a championship caliber roster with several stars entering into their primes. He's been more fortunate than he has been good.

If you can't discern from the multitude of errors this post-season that Q his a horrible, and horribly overrated coach then I don't know what to tell you aside from you probably can't be reached.
#1 why weren't our stars stars last year and the year before while we were retooling and finished 8th and 6th in the West? Now they gone from 8/6 to #1 in the NHL.

#2 He is only lucky, like is Babcock too? I mean he got to the Ducks with a red hot goalie and Kariya, then got the Wings and Team Canada... two of the most stacked out there back then. Those guys are good coaches, that's why they get those jobs with the good teams.

#3 that is nothing more than a joke, you can't really believe this. You should rather stick with your Seabrook hate. How did it feel that he scored the OT Winner TWICE? You wished it would have been another player, right?

Old
06-21-2013, 10:06 AM
Hawkaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sir Psycho T View Post
Leddy playing 2 min last night? He hasn't played great fine but he isn't costing this team games either.
Meh, he hasn't done anything to help, and let a guy completely walk around him to the front of the net in Game 3.

Leddy hasn't been good, at all.

Old
06-21-2013, 10:11 AM
Kurtosis
Trying Not To Suck

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawkaholic View Post
Meh, he hasn't done anything to help, and let a guy completely walk around him to the front of the net in Game 3.

Leddy hasn't been good, at all.
You're absolutely right. Neither has Oduya, but he is still logging 20+ minutes a night too. They might as well just play with 4 d-men the rest of the way I suppose.

Old
06-21-2013, 10:13 AM
Hawkaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kurtosis View Post
You're absolutely right. Neither has Oduya, but he is still logging 20+ minutes a night too. They might as well just play with 4 d-men the rest of the way I suppose.
Right,

3G, 3A..+8 eating up 22+mins a night.

He hasn't done a thing.

Old
06-21-2013, 10:34 AM
DisgruntledHawkFan

Send a message via ICQ to DisgruntledHawkFan
Oduya is up and down, but I think on the whole he's had a solid playoff run.

Old
06-21-2013, 10:35 AM
Hawkaholic

Not to mention him and Hammer are usually matched up against the top players on the other team.

He has been far better than Leddy most nights.

Old
06-21-2013, 10:42 AM
Pepe Silvia

vCash: 1344
Quote:
Originally Posted by DisgruntledHawkFan View Post
Oduya is up and down, but I think on the whole he's had a solid playoff run.
He was a beast in Game 1 and broke up a lot of scoring chances. I trust him a lot more than Leddy at this point

Old
06-21-2013, 10:42 AM
DisgruntledHawkFan

Send a message via ICQ to DisgruntledHawkFan
I wouldn't say far. Leddy's been really good before this series.

Old
06-21-2013, 10:45 AM
Kurtosis
Trying Not To Suck

Listen, Oduya has made a glut of mistakes as well as a good amount of good plays; I never said he hasn't been an asset though as he is a pretty good skater and generally helps out the offense. He has, however, made a ton of terrible decisions and is generally extremely soft on the puck.

Playing Leddy for less than 3 minutes and having the others log that amount of time is not the way to go in my opinion.

Closed Thread