HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Noesen and 17th

Old
06-20-2013, 05:37 PM
officeglen

vCash: 500
Noesen and 17th

Murray wants to move up in the draft. What is the value of Stefan Noesen and 17th, and could he find a team willing to move down?

officeglen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-20-2013, 05:44 PM
Morry83

If no one appealing is left at 10th Overall, I'd be willing to move down for that package. I just don't know if Noesen is valuable enough to make up the gap between 10 and 17. May have to add a bit more.

Morry83 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-20-2013, 05:44 PM
Mr Misty
The Irons Are Back!

Preemptive not Dallas, and it doesn't matter if he is from Texas or Pluto.

Mr Misty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-20-2013, 05:45 PM
hockeyalltheway
Get well soon, GMBM.

vCash: 611
Quote:
Originally Posted by Morry83 View Post
If no one appealing is left at 10th Overall, I'd be willing to move down for that package. I just don't know if Noesen is valuable enough to make up the gap between 10 and 17. May have to add a bit more.
Wow.

Noesen is the second least likely Sen I'd move (behind only Zibanejad) and I'd bet my life on the fact that he could easily bridge that gap.

06-20-2013, 05:45 PM
Mr Misty
The Irons Are Back!

Quote:
You are absolutely killing me. We need to stay at 10 since we probably won't get higher.

Old
06-20-2013, 05:46 PM
WillyBilly1990

vCash: 537
I rather trade Puempel than Noesen, Noesen is the kind of player we sorely need

WillyBilly1990 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-20-2013, 05:48 PM
GrindNMuck

Noesen doesn't have much value. Depends what team the senators are willing to trade with.

If the senators want to move up to the 10th pick or higher, Noesen and there 17th pick in the first round this year, Most likely wont hold enough value to move above the 10th spot. BUT that only depends on what team they will trade with.

GrindNMuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-20-2013, 05:53 PM
sens613

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrindNMuck View Post
Noesen doesn't have much value. Depends what team the senators are willing to trade with.

If the senators want to move up to the 10th pick or higher, Noesen and there 17th pick in the first round this year, Most likely wont hold enough value to move above the 10th spot. BUT that only depends on what team they will trade with.
so a 19 yr old first round pick who had a good playoff run as a power forward which are very rare in this league doesn't have much value??? please give one reason why.

sens613 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-20-2013, 06:02 PM
Morry83

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Misty View Post
You are absolutely killing me. We need to stay at 10 since we probably won't get higher.
Haha so if everyone appealing is gone at 10, you'd stay there and reach rather than move back a few spots and pick up a few assets and draft the same player?

How is this killing you? This is the first time I've ever mentioned moving back.

Old
06-20-2013, 06:04 PM
burgess1978

Why does Ottawa do this? Noesen is possibly better than the player picked at 10, 11, 12 etc. Bird in the hand and all ..

burgess1978 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-20-2013, 06:10 PM
Money Baer
COYS

vCash: 50
I know that stats can be misleading, so I was wondering if Sens fans could tell me why Stefan Noesen's production dipped from 1.3ppg last season to 1.04ppg this season?

Money Baer is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-20-2013, 06:13 PM
Mr Misty
The Irons Are Back!

Quote:
Haha so if everyone appealing is gone at 10, you'd stay there and reach rather than move back a few spots and pick up a few assets and draft the same player?

How is this killing you? This is the first time I've ever mentioned moving back.
You posted seconds before I did with the exact opposite of my post, it was pretty funny.

I think Ristolainen will be the BPA and I think we will take him, which is totally fine with me. There are more than 9 appealing players so whoever is the BPA there will be a good choice. We also have a ton of assets to work with already, and I don't think the 17th pick is going to be in the same tier of value as the 10th so I want quality.

Old
06-20-2013, 06:14 PM
Benny FTW
Head Light Fluid

vCash: 137
Quote:
Originally Posted by wally31 View Post
I know that stats can be misleading, so I was wondering if Sens fans could tell me why Stefan Noesen's production dipped from 1.3ppg last season to 1.04ppg this season?
Noesen's role was changed, from what i know.

Benny FTW is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-20-2013, 06:32 PM
Morry83

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Misty View Post
You posted seconds before I did with the exact opposite of my post, it was pretty funny.

I think Ristolainen will be the BPA and I think we will take him, which is totally fine with me. There are more than 9 appealing players so whoever is the BPA there will be a good choice. We also have a ton of assets to work with already, and I don't think the 17th pick is going to be in the same tier of value as the 10th so I want quality.
I agree, I believe realistically, Ristolainen will be who we select at 10, but say him, Shinkaruk, and Pulock are gone by 10 (probably won't happen) and all we're left with is Nurse (who I don't feel we need considering he is a lefty), I'd much rather not reach for Domi/Lazar/Wennberg/etc at 10, trade back a few spots, grab a few extra assets and draft Domi/Lazar/Wennberg at 14-17. It just makes more sense. Trust me, I hope this situation doesn't come about, and I don't think it will, but if it did, this is what I'd do.

Old
06-20-2013, 06:34 PM
sens613

Quote:
was hurt then got a 10 game suspension. hard to find a rhytm when your in and out of the line up for long stretches.

sens613 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-20-2013, 06:45 PM
bigfatfist

Quote:

Wait... what!?!?! Noesen doesn't have much value? He's been a beast for Plymouth. Absolutely does it all. What games are you watching? It's easy for Trochek to score when someone else does all the hard work. Everyone who plays with Noesen does well....and he's still a ppg player.

2 first round picks to move up 7 spots? HE'LL NO!!!

bigfatfist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-20-2013, 06:50 PM
Kaibur

I would hope the Coyotes would have interest in this if nobody slides before #12 and they can't find a way to move up.

Kaibur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-20-2013, 08:23 PM
MoreGore

Quote:
As a non-Sens fan that would concern me for sure. Honestly I am not sure why his production dropped, but I suspect that Managment has encouraged their picks to develop their complete game. Focus less on offense, play a team game. (see Peumpel as well)

From what I understand, he was a beast when it counted.

MoreGore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-20-2013, 08:31 PM
SpezDispenser

No thanks. I have zero desire to trade Noesen for someone who may or not end up being as good.

SpezDispenser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-20-2013, 08:33 PM
BigZKingK

Quote:
Originally Posted by MoreGore View Post
As a non-Sens fan that would concern me for sure. Honestly I am not sure why his production dropped, but I suspect that Managment has encouraged their picks to develop their complete game. Focus less on offense, play a team game. (see Peumpel as well)

From what I understand, he was a beast when it counted.
Really impressive in the playoffs the guy was doing everything

BigZKingK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-20-2013, 08:34 PM
Drew311
Catch The Taste

Quote:

Noesen has plenty of value, and it's ridiculous to think that a team in the 9 - 12 range wouldn't take that deal while trying not to laugh during the trade call. There is little separation of talent level in the 9 - 18 range, so I think a bunch of GM's will be looking to deal with Murray, although I don't think he'd include a player like Noesen to move up 6 - 9 spots.

Drew311 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-20-2013, 08:38 PM
SpezDispenser

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drew311 View Post
Noesen has plenty of value, and it's ridiculous to think that a team in the 9 - 12 range wouldn't take that deal while trying not to laugh during the trade call. There is little separation of talent level in the 9 - 18 range, so I think a bunch of GM's will be looking to deal with Murray, although I don't think he'd include a player like Noesen to move up 6 - 9 spots.
Bang on post IMO.

SpezDispenser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-20-2013, 08:50 PM
Hennig
It was 4-1.

vCash: 1684
This a deal that could seriously bite the sens in the ass in a couple years, what if Noeson and the 17th pick turned out better than wherever the sens traded up to?

After the 8-9th pick, the player pool is very close. Unless their is someone Murray covets, I don't see any reason for the sens to do this.

Hennig is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-20-2013, 08:51 PM
officeglen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hennig View Post
This a deal that could seriously bite the sens in the ass in a couple years, what if Noeson and the 17th pick turned out better than wherever the sens traded up to?

After the 8-9th pick, the player pool is very close. Unless their is someone Murray covets, I don't see any reason for the sens to do this.
In your opinion, what is the value of Stefan Noesen and 17th?

officeglen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-20-2013, 08:55 PM
hockeyalltheway
Get well soon, GMBM.

vCash: 611
A top-six forward. Murray would not move Noesen at the draft solely for a higher pick.

hockeyalltheway is online now   Reply With Quote