HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Rangers/Canucks

Old
06-20-2013, 06:17 PM
sensfan44
peacetowersens

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by kack zassian View Post
We already have a handsome swedish goalie in Eddie Lack. Don't need 2.
you forgot to

and come on....kassian a TOP 6 power forward!?

sensfan44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-20-2013, 06:27 PM
iFan
McDavid to Virtanen

Quote:
Originally Posted by sensfan44 View Post
you forgot to

and come on....kassian a TOP 6 power forward!?
He's young and when given the role he has done good with it, he started off really good then got bumped down to help jump start other lines, in the playoffs Kassian was one of our best forwards, not saying much given our overall performance but Kassian looked really good and is exactly what the Canucks need, we gave up Hodgson to bring in a young mean skilled winger for the top 6, Kassian is also a great playmaker and makes great plays and passing and that's what need, moving Kassian makes zero sense for Vancouver, he's still young and showed some solid flashes, just not a player we'd be willing to give up not a lot of player like him out there.

Kassian isn't a legit top 6 power forward yet but he's on the crisp of becoming that

iFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-20-2013, 06:58 PM
sensfan44
peacetowersens

Quote:
Originally Posted by iFan View Post
He's young and when given the role he has done good with it, he started off really good then got bumped down to help jump start other lines, in the playoffs Kassian was one of our best forwards, not saying much given our overall performance but Kassian looked really good and is exactly what the Canucks need, we gave up Hodgson to bring in a young mean skilled winger for the top 6, Kassian is also a great playmaker and makes great plays and passing and that's what need, moving Kassian makes zero sense for Vancouver, he's still young and showed some solid flashes, just not a player we'd be willing to give up not a lot of player like him out there.

Kassian isn't a legit top 6 power forward yet but he's on the crisp of becoming that
I just dont see it. He is a cusp player and I think with his skill set he remains just that. He ends up being a big body in the bottom 6. Van management gave up Cody for him because of the politics of the situation. Del Zotto has more of an upside IMO and Dan Girardi is very under rated.

Old
06-20-2013, 07:07 PM
dethomas07

i hate how rangers fans never appreciate the players they have and always think the grass is greener else where..... DAN GIRARDI IS A top 4 RHD man.. A)arguably one of the hardest positions to fill, outside of a number 1c.. B) RANGERS DO NOT, I repeat DO NOT have any top 4 dman waiting in the wings.. C) RANGERS D ARE there strength, why the hell would you trade 2 of our top 4 dman for players we currently have in our system/team!!

Kreider> at the least = to what Kassian brings (torts made him play scared bc if he made a mistake he was benched!!

Edler= to some of our other dman here!!!

yes DZ would be the odd man out, but most likely for a fwd not d... give it up rangers fans with trading girardi.. its disgusting..

only player in VAN that would interest us is Kessel, imo a non started hes still young and irreplaceable.. signed to a steal contact right now considering what other teams are dishing out..

dethomas07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-20-2013, 07:10 PM
sensfan44
peacetowersens

Quote:
Originally Posted by dethomas07 View Post
i hate how rangers fans never appreciate the players they have and always think the grass is greener else where..... DAN GIRARDI IS A top 4 RHD man.. A)arguably one of the hardest positions to fill, outside of a number 1c.. B) RANGERS DO NOT, I repeat DO NOT have any top 4 dman waiting in the wings.. C) RANGERS D ARE there strength, why the hell would you trade 2 of our top 4 dman for players we currently have in our system/team!!

Kreider> at the least = to what Kassian brings (torts made him play scared bc if he made a mistake he was benched!!

yes DZ would be the odd man out, but most likely for a fwd not d... give it up rangers fans with trading girardi.. its disgusting..
^^^^
Coming from a Senators fan. (living in Van)
I would love Girardi. Very undervalued.
Del Zotto in 3-4 years will be a Stud!

Old
06-20-2013, 07:18 PM
hockeyjack89
R.I.P. Thrashers

Quote:
We already have a handsome swedish goalie in Eddie Lack. Don't need 2.
Can never have too many super Swedes on any team

hockeyjack89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-20-2013, 08:06 PM
PG Canuck

vCash: 2178
Quote:
Ok, ontop of this trade, lets trade Ryan Kesler for Kris Letang.

Pittsburgh needs centers, and Vancouver will need even more d-men after this trade.

Sedin Sedin Burrows
Booth Schroeder Higgins
Hansen Gaunce Weise
Super Awesome 4th Line

Hamhuis Bieksa
Garrison Girardi
Del Zotto Letang
/Tanev

Man that would be cool
Defence wins championships, no?

PG Canuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-20-2013, 08:13 PM
Castle1*

Quote:
Originally Posted by hockeyjack13 View Post
I'd accept if I was Vancouver, if I was the Rangers I'd have to think about it
Haha. BIG No from Vancouver.

Castle1* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-20-2013, 08:15 PM
Castle1*

Quote:

only player in VAN that would interest us is Kessel, imo a non started hes still young and irreplaceable.. signed to a steal contact right now considering what other teams are dishing out..
Ummm...yeah. Wrong team. But the Canucks do have a guy named kesler. He is alright.

Castle1* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-20-2013, 08:40 PM
Nuck This

Quote:

You're underrating Edler big time. You don't have anyone like him and there isn't many in the league with his tools. He just needs to put it together consistently

Nuck This is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-20-2013, 09:16 PM
sensfan44
peacetowersens

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nuck This View Post
You're underrating Edler big time. You don't have anyone like him and there isn't many in the league with his tools. He just needs to put it together consistently
I think you answered your own evaluation.
Del Zotto's upside is bigger

Old
06-20-2013, 09:28 PM
Lundsanity30

easy no from Rangers as well. cant afford to trade both defensemen

Lundsanity30 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-20-2013, 09:32 PM
iFan
McDavid to Virtanen

Quote:
I just dont see it. He is a cusp player and I think with his skill set he remains just that. He ends up being a big body in the bottom 6. Van management gave up Cody for him because of the politics of the situation. Del Zotto has more of an upside IMO and Dan Girardi is very under rated.
Kassian is 22 years old and your already calling him a bottom 6er when he played solid in the top 6 for the Canucks? He was also one of our best forwards in the playoffs, the kid has played 83 games in the NHL, has had to work his way up and has shown very noticeable improvements from when we traded for him to this year, to say Kassian isn't going to be a top 6er is crazy, the kid has shown his ability and he's shown that in the NHL he can score pretty goals with his soft hands and garbage goals in front of the net, Kassian will be a solid top 6 winger and I think he could show that on that score sheet next season.

I don't get people in the east trying to talk about players in the West their not familiar with? First Flyer fan saying Edler isn't a #1 D man now a Sens fan talking aout a 22 year old Kassian not being anything more a big body bottom 6er, if your going to comment on players in the West you should maybe watch them play before making these shot in the dark guesses.

Old
06-20-2013, 09:33 PM
sensfan44
peacetowersens

Quote:
Originally Posted by King Canuck View Post
Are you serious!? ??? Stop being a Homer and look at what Del Zotto has brought to every team he has played for. Its called pedigree. He is also 5 years younger than Edler. Not to take anything away from Edlers game. I think he's a great d-man who has entered his prime at 27. Del Zotto has a more offensive minded coach who plays on skill set rather than structure (Being a Nucks fan you should know this as he was your coach) Just watch what a 22 year old Del Zotto will look like in 5 years. Therefore his ceiling IS higher.

Old
06-20-2013, 09:36 PM
Dr Awesome
Bo "knows" Horvat

Like a cowbell be need more Boyle talk!

Dr Awesome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-20-2013, 09:37 PM
sensfan44
peacetowersens

Quote:
Kassian is 22 years old and your already calling him a bottom 6er when he played solid in the top 6 for the Canucks? He was also one of our best forwards in the playoffs, the kid has played 83 games in the NHL, has had to work his way up and has shown very noticeable improvements from when we traded for him to this year, to say Kassian isn't going to be a top 6er is crazy, the kid has shown his ability and he's shown that in the NHL he can score pretty goals with his soft hands and garbage goals in front of the net, Kassian will be a solid top 6 winger and I think he could show that on that score sheet next season.

I don't get people in the east trying to talk about players in the West their not familiar with? First Flyer fan saying Edler isn't a #1 D man now a Sens fan talking aout a 22 year old Kassian not being anything more a big body bottom 6er, if your going to comment on players in the West you should maybe watch them play before making these shot in the dark guesses.
I live in Nanaimo. (check out my little box on the left) I watch all Nucks game. I am Very familiar. Compare Colin Greening (since I am a Sens fan and Greening played for the Clippers...another B.C. "West" player that maybe you have watched Same type of skill set. Played top six minutes. Hell he made the Rookie All-Star team. Does this mean he IS a top six PF? I wish that were the case.

Old
06-20-2013, 09:44 PM
iFan
McDavid to Virtanen

Quote:
I live in Nanaimo. (check out my little box on the left) I watch all Nucks game. I am Very familiar. Compare Colin Greening (since I am a Sens fan and Greening played for the Clippers Same type of skill set. Played top six minutes. Hell he made the Rookie All-Star team. Does this mean he IS a top six PF? I wish that were the case.
Kassian has all the tools and showed it, if you really watched the Canucks you should of picked this up. This is a pointless debate as time will tell but to say Kassian won't be a top 6er is ridiculous, its like me saying Zibanejad is going to be a bottom 6 center, they are not way to young to tell what they'll end up being, Kassian has played in the top 6 and didn't look out of place.

Old
06-20-2013, 09:49 PM
LotteryForLife*

Canucks say no

LotteryForLife* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-20-2013, 10:07 PM
sensfan44
peacetowersens

Quote:
Kassian has all the tools and showed it, if you really watched the Canucks you should of picked this up. This is a pointless debate as time will tell but to say Kassian won't be a top 6er is ridiculous, its like me saying Zibanejad is going to be a bottom 6 center, they are not way to young to tell what they'll end up being, Kassian has played in the top 6 and didn't look out of place.
Kassian is a bubble player. A good player to gamble on. You're right. My opinion doesnt matter. Here is another http://canucksarmy.com/2013/3/28/bol...r-zack-kassian
Its a good read. If Im NYR I dont gamble on that trade.
True Top players are hard to find. Saying that Kassian IS a top 6 forward currently, as the OP did, is off base. Kassian CAN become a top 6 guy. I personally dont see it but that really doesnt matter. You have to agree that he currently is not a top 6 forward right?

Old
06-20-2013, 10:18 PM
Championship*
#Joel&Ellie

Nooooooooope from the Rangers

Championship* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-20-2013, 10:42 PM
mstad101

Another AJ thread. Another thread going down in flames.
Seriously AJ do you even watch the Canucks? Do you even know what team needs are?

A team loaded with defence looking upgrade their scoring ability looks to trade with a team loaded with defence trying to upgrade their scoring ability?
The only swap these two teams are doing is of the head coaching variety. I won't even get into how bad this proposal is since everyone else has told you how bad. So please. Jus stop posting proposals even if its just for Vancouver.

I hear Edmonton and Toronto never have trade proposals on the main page. Why not start there.

mstad101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-20-2013, 11:08 PM
dethomas07

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nuck This View Post
im not underrating him.. hes excellent.. but why would we trade an all-star caliber top 4 righty dman who is our rock back there for someone you said has a ton of tools but needs to put it together consistently? consistently is the hardest part of any athlete! sets a lot of players from good to great!

dz has a ton of potential has the tools, had a coach that got a lot out of him at times.. but he was placed in situations due to injuries and his flaws of not being defensively sound were highlighted which took him off his offensive game.. imo.. also torts had a leash on him.. and like a few other players like boyle and kreider (especially), played timid or like someone was watching and criticizing their every move... new coach new system hopefully helps a lot of guys start on a clean slate..

and edit: meant Kessler not kessel**

dethomas07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-20-2013, 11:10 PM
Machinehead
Purple Hayes

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnthonyJohnson View Post
Edler + Kassian + 2014 2nd

Girardi + Del Zotto

Van upgrades at defense.

Nyr gets #1 D, top six PFD, and pick
You're going from a top pairing star defender in Edler to two inconsistent 2nd and 3rd pair defenders. How exactly is this an upgrade at defense?

"It's Mario Götze!" -Ian Darke
Machinehead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-20-2013, 11:16 PM
iFan
McDavid to Virtanen

Quote:
Kassian is a bubble player. A good player to gamble on. You're right. My opinion doesnt matter. Here is another http://canucksarmy.com/2013/3/28/bol...r-zack-kassian
Its a good read. If Im NYR I dont gamble on that trade.
True Top players are hard to find. Saying that Kassian IS a top 6 forward currently, as the OP did, is off base. Kassian CAN become a top 6 guy. I personally dont see it but that really doesnt matter. You have to agree that he currently is not a top 6 forward right?
Yes he isn't a top 6 forward now, said he hasn't looked out of place when he played in the top 6. Mackinnon isn't a top 6 center, Markstrom isnt a starting goalie in the NHL, Johansen isn't a NHL player, Strome isn't a NHL player, Lehner isn't a NHL goalie I could go on and on Kassian is a skilled young power forward with upside as a top 6 winger, Kassian has looked good in the top 6 and was one of our best forwards in the playoffs, I like to see that jump in his game come playoffs as that's a great sign that he'll be a playoff performer which we need cause we're still waiting on the Twins.

Kassian has had a scoring touch in the OHL and in the AHL with the Sabres so to cap his talent as a bottom 6er at the age of 22 is pretty nuts, given he's already playing in the NHL and when given a top 6 spot he was scoring goals and looked very solid. Look at your own Turris the kid was labeled bust big time and now in Ottawa he's turning it around and becoming a solid young top 6 center with a solid two way game, so young players can't be judged so early and Kassian hasn't even falling off as hard as a player like Turris but showing progress forward, Kassian work hard last offseason to improve his conditioning which he did and got in better shape, these are things you want to see in a young player strong offseason work ethic to I prove his game, something Kassian is showing, this will go a long way.

Old
06-20-2013, 11:18 PM
Machinehead
Purple Hayes

This is a steal for the Rangers. McDonagh, Edler, and Staal would be arguably the best top 3 in the league.

Machinehead is offline   Reply With Quote