HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Colorado - Chicago

Old
06-20-2013, 06:15 PM
tucker3434

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackhawkswincup View Post
If Avs are conceding they aren't contending next year then it makes sense

But the move into Hawks division makes this trade hard to see

Still would love

Saad-Toews-Kane
Sharp-Stastny-Hossa
Well that's exactly the kind of thing that would make stastny rebound. Avs would lose even bigger being in the same division.

tucker3434 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-20-2013, 06:32 PM
CobraAcesS

Quote:
Originally Posted by tucker3434 View Post
Well that's exactly the kind of thing that would make stastny rebound. Avs would lose even bigger being in the same division.
Yeah um no thanks to helping out a Conference rival. Bolland does not fill a need for us in the least either.

I'd rather just see if Stastny can be extended and play a top 6 LW role. He's done it in the past, and it would give us an easier transition if we draft Mack or Barkov.

There really isn't that many play-making wingers in the NHL, so finding one for Mackinnon could be difficult.

CobraAcesS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-20-2013, 06:39 PM
Blackhawkswincup
Tornado Warning

vCash: 157
Quote:
Originally Posted by chet1926 View Post
The Avs aren't going to trade Stastny for another center. Mainly because from the sounds of it we are either going to end up with Barkov or MacKinnon in the draft. Acquiring Bolland would still create a logjam that we currently have.

The value isn't bad just doesn't make sense from Colorado's standpoint.

Change it to like Saad and Chicago's 3rd for Stastny and Colorado's 5th and I'd be all over it.
Yeah Saad is going nowhere

Blackhawkswincup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-20-2013, 06:42 PM
Pure

I would rather go for Leddy.

Stastny+low pick for Leddy + 29th??

Pure is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-20-2013, 06:44 PM
Blackhawkswincup
Tornado Warning

vCash: 157
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pure View Post

Overpayment for what would be 1 year of Stastny

Blackhawkswincup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-20-2013, 07:43 PM
Sakic19Duchene9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Avs For Life View Post
Dont be so sure... If we draft a center we would have 4 really good centers. Duchene (who isnt going anywhere), Staz, ROR, and our new draftee lets say Mack.

If we trade Staz and attempt to get a top 4 dman for him...that leaves us with Duchene , Mack, and ROR. ROR is going to make 6.5 mil this year and that is far too much for a 3rd line center, but Mack is defensively inferior to ROR and thus ROR gets the defensive zone starts and becomes more of a 3rd line c instead of a 2a, 2b situation.

Trading Staz for a defensively sound center and then trading ROR for a dman would probably be the way to go as ROR would bring back a better return defensively.

Just a possible solution to gaining ground on our defense since we dont seem to be taking Jones.

I'd rather just keep O'reilly, he might be getting paid lots of money but Mack (if we pick him) won't be getting paid big money for his first couple years. Also paying 16-18m for 3 centers isn't that bad. And i'd rather not fill in a hole in Chicago's (a now divisional rival) while not filling any of our own holes. The downgrade from Stastny to Bolland isn't attracting me at all either.

As for the bolded. That is exactly why we don't need another center.

Last edited by Sakic19Duchene9: 06-20-2013 at 07:50 PM.
Sakic19Duchene9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-20-2013, 09:26 PM
ABasin
Asset management

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackhawkswincup View Post
Overpayment for what would be 1 year of Stastny
In the end, if the Avs move Stastny, they need to get a defenseman back, but they need one a lot better than Leddy. Dude's got wheels, but he's really not that good.

ABasin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-20-2013, 09:28 PM
ABasin
Asset management

Quote:
The Avs aren't going to trade Stastny for another center. Mainly because from the sounds of it we are either going to end up with Barkov or MacKinnon in the draft. Acquiring Bolland would still create a logjam that we currently have.

The value isn't bad just doesn't make sense from Colorado's standpoint.

Change it to like Saad and Chicago's 3rd for Stastny and Colorado's 5th and I'd be all over it.
LOL. So would every Colorado fan on earth.

That would be great, but Chicago wouldn't do it.

ABasin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-20-2013, 10:34 PM
chet1926

Quote:
Originally Posted by ABasin View Post
LOL. So would every Colorado fan on earth.

That would be great, but Chicago wouldn't do it.
Why not Chicago has lots of great players already, Stastny would give them two insane lines.

The only players on Chicago that would make any sense for Colorado to trade Stastny for would be either a dman like Leddy or Hammer or winger that would be capable of top 6 minutes like Saad.

There isn't really much for Chicago to trade if they want Stastny. They aren't going to trade any of Toews, Kane, Sharp, Hossa, Bickell, Keith, Seabrook, Shaw.

Realistically the only players of any quality they'd even consider giving up would be Stalberg but he is a UFA we could try to sign him if we want him, Bolland but he is a center which the Avs don't need, Leddy, Hammer, Saad and those 3 I'd assume would take an over-payment. I guess you could look at Chicago's prospect pool but its pretty weak right now in positions the Avs need (defense and wingers).

So my conclusion from all of this would be that Chicago and Colorado wouldn't be good trading partners. Because we aren't going to give away Stastny for parts we don't really need (especially to a division opponent) and Chicago won't give us the players or player we'd want.

chet1926 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-20-2013, 11:26 PM
H a w k s

Quote:
Why not Chicago has lots of great players already, Stastny would give them two insane lines.

The only players on Chicago that would make any sense for Colorado to trade Stastny for would be either a dman like Leddy or Hammer or winger that would be capable of top 6 minutes like Saad.

There isn't really much for Chicago to trade if they want Stastny. They aren't going to trade any of Toews, Kane, Sharp, Hossa, Bickell, Keith, Seabrook, Shaw.

Realistically the only players of any quality they'd even consider giving up would be Stalberg but he is a UFA we could try to sign him if we want him, Bolland but he is a center which the Avs don't need, Leddy, Hammer, Saad and those 3 I'd assume would take an over-payment. I guess you could look at Chicago's prospect pool but its pretty weak right now in positions the Avs need (defense and wingers).

So my conclusion from all of this would be that Chicago and Colorado wouldn't be good trading partners. Because we aren't going to give away Stastny for parts we don't really need (especially to a division opponent) and Chicago won't give us the players or player we'd want.
Huh?

H a w k s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-20-2013, 11:36 PM
hughdreamz

Why would the Avs even think about trading with the Hawks? They're gonna be division rivals next year! The Avs trading Stastny to the Hawks guarantees them multiple ass whoopings.

hughdreamz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-21-2013, 03:37 AM
Intense Rage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pierce Hawthorne View Post
Stastny at 5M should most definitely return a Hjalmarsson.

Otherwise why would we move him? Hjalmarsson is not a Top pairing Dman. He's a good #3 which is what we would want if we were to trade Stastny.

Any less and there no point for us to move him, we'd be better off keeping him.
Hjalmarsson played at the level of a top pairing dman this year for us. He is a good #3 on a blue line with Keith and Seabrook. Thanks but no thanks to the offer. If this is the price for Stastny, then we stay away... far... far... away.

Quote:
Not even close.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pure View Post

Laughable.

Intense Rage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-21-2013, 07:27 AM
WarriorofTime

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob Paxon View Post
This is one of the most overblown things in sports. The Avs aren't going to be beating the Blackhawks any time soon, so what does it matter? If they think the trade makes them better they do it.

Especially with the new alignment, there are just too many teams in your division to not make deals with them, plus the impact of any one team in your division is watered down by their greater number.
Avs and Oilers. Two lousy teams that give the Hawks fits because they can out skate them and we'll try to match them in run and gun.
http://espn.go.com/nhl/recap?gameId=400442827

Notice the "1".

WarriorofTime is offline   Reply With Quote