HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

CGY and BUF/ANA/WIN

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
06-20-2013, 11:07 PM
  #1
FLaMeRss
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Country: Czech_ Republic
Posts: 131
vCash: 500
CGY and BUF/ANA/WIN

To CGY: Tyler Myers
To BUF: Mikeal Backlund, Bill Aarnold, and 2013 28th overall (1st Rounder)

To CGY: Bobby Ryan
To ANA: 2013 22nd Overall (1st Rounder), Mark Giordano and Lee Stempniak

To CGY: Alexander Burmistrov
To WIN: Mike Cammalleri

FLaMeRss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-20-2013, 11:08 PM
  #2
Haatley
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Toronto
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,769
vCash: 681
Other than last one, why would the rebuilding flames make these deals?

Haatley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-20-2013, 11:09 PM
  #3
hockeyjack89
Thrashers
 
hockeyjack89's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Country: United States
Posts: 1,383
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by FLaMeRss View Post
To CGY: Tyler Myers
To BUF: Mikeal Backlund, Bill Aarnold, and 2013 28th overall (1st Rounder)

To CGY: Bobby Ryan
To ANA: 2013 22nd Overall (1st Rounder), Mark Giordano and Lee Stempniak

To CGY: Alexander Burmistrov
To WIN: Mike Cammalleri
These actually aren't that bad IMO. However on the CGY/ANA deal I would take out Stempniak.

hockeyjack89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-20-2013, 11:14 PM
  #4
Layne Staley
The Future
 
Layne Staley's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 6,386
vCash: 500
No thanks on the Myers trade.Not interested at all moving a 23 year old #1 dman for a late 1st, a 3rd liner and a prospect.

Layne Staley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-20-2013, 11:18 PM
  #5
FLaMeRss
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Country: Czech_ Republic
Posts: 131
vCash: 500
It helps replace the loss for ANA on the wing. And all of those guys need a change of scenery IMO. and are all still young, played in the NHL and have some knowledge of leadership.

Something like this after drafting Valeri Nikushkin or Sean Monahan with the second line center spot. It starts the build a little faster.

Plus if they could still trade Tanguay and/or Sarich like some of the "rumors" say that would help as well..


Valeri Nikushkin / Alexander Burmistrov / Jiri Hudler
Sven Baertschi / #1/2 C / Bobby Ryan
Alex Tanguagy / Corban Knight / Curtis Glencross
Tim Jackman / Max Reinhart / Roman Horak
Extra: Lance Bouma and Brian McGrattan

T.J. Brodie / Dennis Wideman
Tyler Myers / Mark Cundari
Corey Sarich / FA
Derek Smith

Joey MacDonald
Karri Ramo
Retro Berra

FLaMeRss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-21-2013, 12:11 AM
  #6
Djp
Registered User
 
Djp's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Seattle,WA
Posts: 5,725
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by FLaMeRss View Post
To CGY: Tyler Myers
To BUF: Mikeal Backlund, Bill Aarnold, and 2013 28th overall (1st Rounder)
Buffalo isnt moving Myers for the 28th and a bunch of carp.

If you want to get Myers it would be for your 6th overall + something else.....even then Buffalo would only give up Myers if it was for a top 3 pick.



Djp is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-21-2013, 12:16 AM
  #7
Adirondack Flames
Registered User
 
Adirondack Flames's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Posts: 7,760
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Djp View Post
Buffalo isnt moving Myers for the 28th and a bunch of carp.

If you want to get Myers it would be for your 6th overall + something else.....even then Buffalo would only give up Myers if it was for a top 3 pick.


That is hardly crap. Might not be enough, but that doesn't make it crap.

Adirondack Flames is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-21-2013, 12:26 AM
  #8
Djp
Registered User
 
Djp's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Seattle,WA
Posts: 5,725
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Abbotsford Heat View Post
That is hardly crap. Might not be enough, but that doesn't make it crap.
Yes it is.....

28th pick is less than a 50/50 shot of even seeing NHL time.

The other player is a 3rd/4th line player

the other is a B-level prospect.

Djp is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-21-2013, 12:28 AM
  #9
Adirondack Flames
Registered User
 
Adirondack Flames's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Posts: 7,760
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Djp View Post
Yes it is.....

28th pick is less than a 50/50 shot of even seeing NHL time.

The other player is a 3rd/4th line player

the other is a B-level prospect.
Backlund is not a 3rd/4th line player. Jesus Christ, you should actually have half a clue before you say anything.

Adirondack Flames is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-21-2013, 12:35 AM
  #10
N o o d l e s
Registered User
 
N o o d l e s's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: MA
Country: United States
Posts: 4,152
vCash: 500
I actually think these deals are good for the Flames but knowing the Sabres fans, they are going to shoot #1 down.

N o o d l e s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-21-2013, 12:43 AM
  #11
First round bust
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Calgary
Country: Canada
Posts: 388
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Djp View Post
Yes it is.....

28th pick is less than a 50/50 shot of even seeing NHL time.

The other player is a 3rd/4th line player

the other is a B-level prospect.
Don't want Meyers and he's not worth it.

First round bust is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-21-2013, 12:43 AM
  #12
Djp
Registered User
 
Djp's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Seattle,WA
Posts: 5,725
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Abbotsford Heat View Post
Backlund is not a 3rd/4th line player. Jesus Christ, you should actually have half a clue before you say anything.

He is 24 and hasnt shown any big numbers.....He isnt a top 2 line player. Buffalo has there share of these kind of players who can put up 10-15 goals a year.

Djp is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-21-2013, 12:45 AM
  #13
First round bust
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Calgary
Country: Canada
Posts: 388
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Djp View Post
Buffalo isnt moving Myers for the 28th and a bunch of carp.

If you want to get Myers it would be for your 6th overall + something else.....even then Buffalo would only give up Myers if it was for a top 3 pick.


Don't want Myers at all but your fan base needs a reality check on his value. Steady decline since your rookie season doesn't equal high return.

First round bust is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-21-2013, 12:48 AM
  #14
Adirondack Flames
Registered User
 
Adirondack Flames's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Posts: 7,760
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Djp View Post
He is 24 and hasnt shown any big numbers.....He isnt a top 2 line player. Buffalo has there share of these kind of players who can put up 10-15 goals a year.
I never said it was a good trade for Buffalo nor did I say it fit their needs. But that doesn't make the players crap. Backlund is a 2b/3a two-way center who is improving steadily despite some injury problems. He is a good young player.

Adirondack Flames is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-21-2013, 12:49 AM
  #15
Djp
Registered User
 
Djp's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Seattle,WA
Posts: 5,725
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by N o o d l e s View Post
I actually think these deals are good for the Flames but knowing the Sabres fans, they are going to shoot #1 down.

so you would trade Dougie Hamilton for that offer?

Djp is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-21-2013, 12:52 AM
  #16
tsujimoto74
Registered User
 
tsujimoto74's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Virginia
Country: United States
Posts: 8,607
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by First round bust View Post
Don't want Myers at all but your fan base needs a reality check on his value. Steady decline since your rookie season doesn't equal high return.
The thing is if you're not paying sticker price on his potential, Buffalo has zero incentive to move him.

Because we're not getting better by trading him for less, and we'll sure as hell look like jackasses if he pulls a Chara and becomes great when he's 25. Plus he's a key cog of the team, and the organization has invested heavily in him, financially and otherwise.

tsujimoto74 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-21-2013, 12:56 AM
  #17
Djp
Registered User
 
Djp's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Seattle,WA
Posts: 5,725
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Abbotsford Heat View Post
I never said it was a good trade for Buffalo nor did I say it fit their needs. But that doesn't make the players crap. Backlund is a 2b/3a two-way center who is improving steadily despite some injury problems. He is a good young player.
Its crap value for Myers.

I see Backlund as a 3rd line center at best. Buffalo has Girgensons and Larrson who are penciled in as one is 3rd line center and the other is a 3rd line winger.

The other player is in College....that is a crap shoot on getting them to sign since after they leave college if an agrement isnt done within 30 days they are a UFA. He also is a defensive center which translated to a 3rd/.4th line player.

If Buffalo is moving Myers its going to be for a certain top line player. If they move him its based on fukll potential---not a low ball offer which is what that is.

Djp is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-21-2013, 12:56 AM
  #18
SuperNintendoChalmrs
Registered User
 
SuperNintendoChalmrs's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Country: United States
Posts: 3,483
vCash: 500
Who is William Aaarnold?

SuperNintendoChalmrs is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-21-2013, 01:04 AM
  #19
Djp
Registered User
 
Djp's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Seattle,WA
Posts: 5,725
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by First round bust View Post
Don't want Myers at all but your fan base needs a reality check on his value. Steady decline since your rookie season doesn't equal high return.
You havent been following him.....

Strong rookie year had a veteran to play with

2nd year vet leaves as a UFA and a ton of pressure on him at 19 as a 1st line Dman. Sophomore slump to start, but then got better and played great in the playoffs.

3rd year has an injury early in the season...was out about 6 weeks. Played strong at the end of the season

last year....had a poor start. He played in europe and got injurred with a high ankle sprain so because of the lockout he didnt get the training and conditioning so he wasnt nowhere near 100% to start the season plus the compressed schedule just wore on him. After sitting a few games he came back much better. Then ended the season on an injury.

Another factor through all of this was Ruff who wanted to play in a way that just isnt his style....on top of that put pressure on him over the years. Ruff is notoriously not good with young players and their development.

Djp is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-21-2013, 01:11 AM
  #20
Stewie Griffin
Moderator
Benevolent Overlord
 
Stewie Griffin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Calgary
Posts: 6,710
vCash: 1200
Quote:
Originally Posted by Djp View Post
Buffalo isnt moving Myers for the 28th and a bunch of carp.
is there a fish you would find more acceptable?



But yeah the only reasonable trade is the third one - from a rebuilding standpoint.

Stewie Griffin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-21-2013, 01:12 AM
  #21
First round bust
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Calgary
Country: Canada
Posts: 388
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Djp View Post
You havent been following him.....

Strong rookie year had a veteran to play with

2nd year vet leaves as a UFA and a ton of pressure on him at 19 as a 1st line Dman. Sophomore slump to start, but then got better and played great in the playoffs.

3rd year has an injury early in the season...was out about 6 weeks. Played strong at the end of the season

last year....had a poor start. He played in europe and got injurred with a high ankle sprain so because of the lockout he didnt get the training and conditioning so he wasnt nowhere near 100% to start the season plus the compressed schedule just wore on him. After sitting a few games he came back much better. Then ended the season on an injury.

Another factor through all of this was Ruff who wanted to play in a way that just isnt his style....on top of that put pressure on him over the years. Ruff is notoriously not good with young players and their development.
Actually you are assuming I don't follow him, my roommate is a huge sabres fan so I end up watching more than I want to. I just don't have as high an opinion of him as you obviously do, I didn't make the proposal, I am just not high on him IMO he's had enough time to try and duplicate the rookie year.

First round bust is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-21-2013, 01:26 AM
  #22
Adirondack Flames
Registered User
 
Adirondack Flames's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Posts: 7,760
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Djp View Post
Its crap value for Myers.

I see Backlund as a 3rd line center at best. Buffalo has Girgensons and Larrson who are penciled in as one is 3rd line center and the other is a 3rd line winger.

The other player is in College....that is a crap shoot on getting them to sign since after they leave college if an agrement isnt done within 30 days they are a UFA. He also is a defensive center which translated to a 3rd/.4th line player.

If Buffalo is moving Myers its going to be for a certain top line player. If they move him its based on fukll potential---not a low ball offer which is what that is.
Thanks for just showing why this is a futile debate. There is just arguing when one party (you) is ignorant to facts and has changed what they said.

You said the players were crap, not the value. Big difference. I even agreed it might not be worth it for the Sabres, but naturally uou ignored that just to **** on our players and overvalue yours.

Backlund is already a 2b/3a centerman. At 24 and his current trajectory he will likely continue to improve. I honestly couldn't care less who Buffalo has pencilled in where, because I never said the trade should happen, I am just defending you calling our players "crap".

Yes Arnold is a college player (yay, you finally got a fact right!), he is the 2nd line center (maybe even first line next year) on one of the best college teams in the country. He projects to be a good defensive bottom 6 center. And when he finishes his college career (in April/May) the team that holds his rights will have until August 15th to sign him. Now my math skills might be rusty but I am pretty sure June plus July plus half of August is a little more than 30 days, but hell what do I know right?

I don't care what Myers is moved for. Quite frankly I don't really want him, at least not for the cost. I know he is not as bad as some make him out to be, but he also isn't as good as Sabres fans make him out to be.

Adirondack Flames is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-21-2013, 01:31 AM
  #23
Baer Hug
Registered User
 
Baer Hug's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: Under feaster's chin
Country: Canada
Posts: 21
vCash: 500
I`d like to see what a Winnipeg fan thinks of the Cammy for Burmistrov deal.

Given the reactions that NYI fans had when someone suggested the same deal but for Nino, I don`t know how well that would go over

Baer Hug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-21-2013, 01:42 AM
  #24
N o o d l e s
Registered User
 
N o o d l e s's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: MA
Country: United States
Posts: 4,152
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Djp View Post
so you would trade Dougie Hamilton for that offer?
What the ****, what? No? How did you get that out of my post?

N o o d l e s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-21-2013, 01:58 AM
  #25
Adirondack Flames
Registered User
 
Adirondack Flames's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Posts: 7,760
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by N o o d l e s View Post
What the ****, what? No? How did you get that out of my post?
he got that because he thinks Hamilton & Myers have similar value is my assumption.

Adirondack Flames is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:20 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.