HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Rangers/Canucks

Old
06-21-2013, 01:14 AM
Ronaldo
OVOXO

vCash: 855
Quote:
Originally Posted by sensfan44 View Post
Are you serious!? ??? Stop being a Homer and look at what Del Zotto has brought to every team he has played for. Its called pedigree. He is also 5 years younger than Edler. Not to take anything away from Edlers game. I think he's a great d-man who has entered his prime at 27. Del Zotto has a more offensive minded coach who plays on skill set rather than structure (Being a Nucks fan you should know this as he was your coach) Just watch what a 22 year old Del Zotto will look like in 5 years. Therefore his ceiling IS higher.
What a non sensical argument. Edler has out produced Del Zotto is miles better defensively and adds a major physical presence yet Del Zotto is better because of age? The Rangers are my East team I follow them closely. But Del Zotto is nowhere near Edler at this point but classic HF younger means better and more potential. The blatant ignorance of Vancouver is shown clearly with the fact you illustrated AV as a "Offensive Coach" Get a clue. Ask a Rangers fan who they'd rather have it's Edler AINEC

"OVOXO your girlfriend at my next show"
Ronaldo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-21-2013, 01:15 AM
Ronaldo
OVOXO

Quote:
Originally Posted by Machinehead View Post
This is a steal for the Rangers. McDonagh, Edler, and Staal would be arguably the best top 3 in the league.
No didn't you hear MDZ>Edler so you guys already have the best top 3 in the league!

Old
06-21-2013, 01:23 AM
Kershaw

vCash: 500
Pretty bad for the Rangers. Girardi > Edler, MDZ > Kassian. 2nd doesn't offset the value.

Kershaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-21-2013, 01:32 AM
sensfan44
peacetowersens

Quote:
Originally Posted by King Canuck View Post
What a non sensical argument. Edler has out produced Del Zotto is miles better defensively and adds a major physical presence yet Del Zotto is better because of age? The Rangers are my East team I follow them closely. But Del Zotto is nowhere near Edler at this point but classic HF younger means better and more potential. The blatant ignorance of Vancouver is shown clearly with the fact you illustrated AV as a "Offensive Coach" Get a clue. Ask a Rangers fan who they'd rather have it's Edler AINEC
Looks like a Ranger fan did speak; dethomas07 "im not underrating him.. hes excellent.. but why would we trade an all-star caliber top 4 righty dman who is our rock back there for someone you said has a ton of tools but needs to put it together consistently? consistently is the hardest part of any athlete! sets a lot of players from good to great!

dz has a ton of potential has the tools, had a coach that got a lot out of him at times.. but he was placed in situations due to injuries and his flaws of not being defensively sound were highlighted which took him off his offensive game.. imo.. also torts had a leash on him.. and like a few other players like boyle and kreider (especially), played timid or like someone was watching and criticizing their every move... new coach new system hopefully helps a lot of guys start on a clean slate.."

Are you going to say that AV isnt more offensively minded then Torts?
Del Zotto is nowhere near Edler at this point but classic HF younger means better and more potential. You're right, he's not. But where was Edler at his age. What was Edlers pedigree. What had Edler accomplished under a tight systemic coach? If you cant see Del Zottos potential to grow from what he is now to what he can be in 5 years time then thats fine. Ridicule me all you want. Call me ignorant and clueless. That seems like a very classy well thought out response. Good for you. You deserve being as Awesome as you are.

sensfan44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-21-2013, 01:43 AM
sensfan44
peacetowersens

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kershaw View Post
Pretty bad for the Rangers. Girardi > Edler, MDZ > Kassian. 2nd doesn't offset the value.
Ooops. Looks like another Ranger fan just spoke.

Old
06-21-2013, 01:47 AM
Ronaldo
OVOXO

Quote:
Ooops. Looks like another Ranger fan just spoke.
I thought we were arguing MDZ or Edler? So now your changing your argument to Girardi>Edler? Go start a thread on the main board Edler, MDZ or Girardi. I dare you.

Old
06-21-2013, 01:52 AM
Kwayry
Take the damn deal

This is a pretty easy no from the Rangers. Edler being a great player aside, I won't trade a top pair together at any point, takes away from our depth. Plus Girardi is our only bonafide top pairing RHD. MDZ has great upside, he has struggled at times under Torts but he has still produced.

I would be interested in Kassian on the other hand, what would it take? Let me add, it won't happen in real life as AV and he have had "issues', but i am just curious as to the value.

Kwayry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-21-2013, 01:52 AM
Lundsanity30

Quote:
Originally Posted by Machinehead View Post
This is a steal for the Rangers. McDonagh, Edler, and Staal would be arguably the best top 3 in the league.
That's great... which leaves Stralman as the Rangers top RHD.

With a healthy staal, the last thing the Rangers should be trading Del Zotto for is another defenseman especially another LHD

Lundsanity30 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-21-2013, 01:53 AM
Lundsanity30

Quote:
Looks like a Ranger fan did speak; dethomas07 "im not underrating him.. hes excellent.. but why would we trade an all-star caliber top 4 righty dman who is our rock back there for someone you said has a ton of tools but needs to put it together consistently? consistently is the hardest part of any athlete! sets a lot of players from good to great!

dz has a ton of potential has the tools, had a coach that got a lot out of him at times.. but he was placed in situations due to injuries and his flaws of not being defensively sound were highlighted which took him off his offensive game.. imo.. also torts had a leash on him.. and like a few other players like boyle and kreider (especially), played timid or like someone was watching and criticizing their every move... new coach new system hopefully helps a lot of guys start on a clean slate.."

Are you going to say that AV isnt more offensively minded then Torts?
Del Zotto is nowhere near Edler at this point but classic HF younger means better and more potential. You're right, he's not. But where was Edler at his age. What was Edlers pedigree. What had Edler accomplished under a tight systemic coach? If you cant see Del Zottos potential to grow from what he is now to what he can be in 5 years time then thats fine. Ridicule me all you want. Call me ignorant and clueless. That seems like a very classy well thought out response. Good for you. You deserve being as Awesome as you are.
dude, maybe you should tell that to Ranger fans who want to throw away Del Zotto for just anything

Old
06-21-2013, 01:56 AM
sensfan44
peacetowersens

Quote:
Oh if you want sensible......http://www.behindthenet.ca/ ........http://stats.hockeyanalysis.com/rati...p&sortdir=DESC
Check out some fenwick and corsi stats of Edler and Del Zotto. They're already relatively close despite the age thing.

Old
06-21-2013, 01:57 AM
sensfan44
peacetowersens

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lundsanity30 View Post
dude, maybe you should tell that to Ranger fans who want to throw away Del Zotto for just anything
Im was saying that Del Zotto has more value to the Rangers then Edler does right now
.....Is your fan base really that down on DZ?

Old
06-21-2013, 01:58 AM
Lundsanity30

Quote:
No thats what Im saying. Del Zotto is far more valuable than Edler.
and I'm saying Ranger fans want to get rid of him for like anything that skates.. Ranger fans seem to hate their own . There's already fans wanting Nash gone. I guess we just dont like talent.

Old
06-21-2013, 01:59 AM
Ronaldo
OVOXO

Quote:
No thats what Im saying. Del Zotto is far more valuable than Edler.
How is Del Zotto far more valuable than Edler? Just stop. Your basing your argument on potential while mine has been proven by play and statistics. Again go start a thread on the main board the clear answe will be Edler AINEC.

Old
06-21-2013, 02:05 AM
Lundsanity30

Quote:
Im was saying that Del Zotto has more value to the Rangers then Edler does right now
Yes, because 22 year olds aren't allowed to make mistakes with our fan base.. The guy just came off a 40 pt +20 season just last year.

Old
06-21-2013, 02:07 AM
sensfan44
peacetowersens

Quote:
How is Del Zotto far more valuable than Edler? Just stop. Your basing your argument on potential while mine has been proven by play and statistics. Again go start a thread on the main board the clear answe will be Edler AINEC.
post #61....a couple up Corsi, Fenwick numbers. If those mean anything to you? Have a read. Check some stats and click the links.

Old
06-21-2013, 02:08 AM
sensfan44
peacetowersens

Quote:
Yes, because 22 year olds aren't allowed to make mistakes with our fan base.. The guy just came off a 40 pt +20 season just last year.
Yet King Canuck above cant seem to find any value in a 22 yr old Del Zotto???

Old
06-21-2013, 02:10 AM
Lundsanity30

Quote:
Yet King Canuck above cant seem to find any value in a 22 yr old Del Zotto???
There is definitely value in a 22 year old Del Zotto (especially in a more offensive suited system).. I would however be willing to move Del Zotto for a top forward as stated before ONLY because we would still have Mcdonagh, Staal and Moore down the left side and Del Zotto really can't play the right.

Old
06-21-2013, 02:10 AM
sensfan44
peacetowersens

Quote:
Again....check post #61. Click on the links. Can I provide you with explanations of these stats and how they are being used within the hockey world. Thats statistics my friend.

Old
06-21-2013, 02:11 AM
sensfan44
peacetowersens

Quote:
There is definitely value in a 22 year old Del Zotto (especially in a more offensive suited system).. I would however be willing to move Del Zotto for a top forward as stated before ONLY because we would still have Mcdonagh, Staal and Moore down the left side and Del Zotto really can't play the right.
Sure, but not Kassian for Del Zotto.....and the 2nd doesnt cover

Old
06-21-2013, 02:12 AM
Kershaw

Quote:
post #61....a couple up Corsi, Fenwick numbers. If those mean anything to you? Have a read. Check some stats and click the links.
Can't bring straight up facts into this, remember. We should go by what the pundits on the poll section of HFBoards say, because obviously they are so unbiased!

Kershaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-21-2013, 02:13 AM
Lundsanity30

Quote:
Yes, this trade hurts the Rangers FAR more than helps.. Del Zotto should be traded for a winger, and the Rangers would be moving their TOP pairing RHD. for what is alreadya strength with our without Del Zotto in the fold.

Old
06-21-2013, 02:14 AM
Theon
Fear the Beard

Quote:
Very much so. Our fan-base is a fickle bunch.

It's quite unbelievable how much flack this guy gets. He had a bad season but so did the rest of the team. It happens. He's still young and has shown what he can do when he's on his game. I see no reason to "get rid" of him so quick.

Theon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-21-2013, 02:15 AM
Kwayry
Take the damn deal

Quote:
No. MDZ has more value.

Kwayry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-21-2013, 02:22 AM
backofthefridge

Quote:
Originally Posted by hockeyjack13 View Post
How about:

To Vancouver:
Hagelin
Zuccarello
Stralman
Nieves or Skjei
1st Round Pick 2014

To New York:
Edler
Raymond
Hansen
hahaha i literally laughed at this.

backofthefridge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-21-2013, 02:22 AM
thadd
Oil4Life

Send a message via MSN to thadd
Simply horrible for both teams.

Rangers aren't getting enough, while the Canucks are in need of forwards, not defense.

thadd is offline   Reply With Quote