HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Bobby Ryan to Toronto

Old
06-21-2013, 12:40 AM
Dark Knight
#TheStroShow

vCash: 500
Bobby Ryan to Toronto

What would it take to get Ryan to Toronto?

06-21-2013, 12:43 AM
Paul4587

The Ducks primary needs are a top 6 forward (either a LW or C) or a top pairing defenseman. I don't really see any legit targets on the Leafs. Unless you're willing to trade Kadri or JVR.

Paul4587 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-21-2013, 12:48 AM
Diatomic
~~~ NAZEM KADRI ~~~

Give us a call in a few years when you want us to buy out Perry and Getzlaf, kidding.

I rly like Ryan but theres no need for him in Toronto, unless if Phil Kessel leaves then we could use hot-shot Bobby.

Diatomic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-21-2013, 12:49 AM
abhanot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul4587 View Post
The Ducks primary needs are a top 6 forward (either a LW or C) or a top pairing defenseman. I don't really see any legit targets on the Leafs. Unless you're willing to trade Kadri or JVR.
both of whom are projected to be better than Ryan, and both who had better years this year. JVR is a heck no, and Kadri is a even larger heck no. Anaheim and Toronto are no longer good trading partners, unless Anaheim was willing to trade Getzlaf, in which case I'd offer JVR or Kadri, + more.

abhanot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-21-2013, 12:53 AM
Horvat2Virtanen
HFBoards Sponsor

vCash: 50
Kadri or Gardiner+ # 2 centre and potential top paring D-Man are the Ducks biggest needs.

Horvat2Virtanen is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-21-2013, 12:56 AM
Paul4587

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhanot View Post
both of whom are projected to be better than Ryan, and both who had better years this year. JVR is a heck no, and Kadri is a even larger heck no. Anaheim and Toronto are no longer good trading partners, unless Anaheim was willing to trade Getzlaf, in which case I'd offer JVR or Kadri, + more.
I'm not sure about the first sentence. It's very arguably who is projected to be better. Ryan has shown considerably more than JVR who is only 2 years younger and Kadri has only had one good season so far.

Anyway if Kadri or JVR aren't coming back then you have nobody of interest to Anaheim (excluding obvious untouchables like Phaneuf, Kessel & Lupul).

Old
06-21-2013, 12:59 AM
abhanot

Quote:
Anyway if Kadri or JVR aren't coming back then you have nobody of interest to Anaheim (excluding obvious untouchables like Phaneuf, Kessel & Lupul).
Both teams are in a too good of a spot to relinquish any actual talent. But that being said, would ANA want Lupul back?

Old
06-21-2013, 01:02 AM
Community
Former TMLKesselftw

vCash: 50
No way the Leafs trade for Bobby Ryan unless it's a steal for us... We already have Kessel, JVR, and Lupul... 3 great wingers with a few good wingers that can fill in that last top 6 spot (Frattin, Kulemin, even FA signings)...

Leafs should be going for a #1C (or at least a good #2C) or a #2 Defenceman. Improving winger depth should be last on the agenda.

Edit: I love Ryan and think he's a great player... Leafs and Ducks just aren't good trading partners as they both seem to need a top 6 C and 1st line Defender...

Community is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-21-2013, 01:02 AM
Paul4587

Quote:
Both teams are in a too good of a spot to relinquish any actual talent. But that being said, would ANA want Lupul back?
Not sure. He's turned into one hell of a player since being traded but I think the bridges have probably been burnt there. It's one thing trading a player once but to trade him again after just recovering from a serious injury has probably eliminated any chance of a good working relationship between Ducks management and Lupul.

Old
06-21-2013, 01:08 AM
Djp

Core of a deal ---Ryan for Grabo.

Djp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-21-2013, 01:44 AM
frankthetank91

Great player but not interested due to price and strength at wings.

frankthetank91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-21-2013, 01:46 AM
CraniumCram
Syracuse '14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Djp View Post
Core of a deal ---Ryan for Grabo.
After signing Perry and Getz to those contracts? Heck no, that would never happen. The only reason Ana might trade Ryan is to move salary and not have 22mil tied up in 3 players.

CraniumCram is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-21-2013, 01:52 AM
N o o d l e s

Quote:
Originally Posted by TMLKesselftw View Post
No way the Leafs trade for Bobby Ryan unless it's a steal for us... We already have Kessel, JVR, and Lupul... 3 great wingers with a few good wingers that can fill in that last top 6 spot (Frattin, Kulemin, even FA signings)...

Leafs should be going for a #1C (or at least a good #2C) or a #2 Defenceman. Improving winger depth should be last on the agenda.

Edit: I love Ryan and think he's a great player... Leafs and Ducks just aren't good trading partners as they both seem to need a top 6 C and 1st line Defender...
JVR is not a great winger. Ryan would be an instant upgrade over him.

N o o d l e s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-21-2013, 02:09 AM
bobg1

Quote:
Originally Posted by N o o d l e s View Post
JVR is not a great winger. Ryan would be an instant upgrade over him.
I guess last season doesn't count

bobg1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-21-2013, 02:10 AM
N o o d l e s

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobg1 View Post
I guess last season doesn't count
So you think Ryan and JVR are on equal footing even though they put up basically similar point totals in a shortened season? JVR is not a great winger.

N o o d l e s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-21-2013, 02:47 AM
hockeyjack89
R.I.P. Thrashers

He's from around Philly so he'll probably go there soon

hockeyjack89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-21-2013, 03:25 AM
abhanot

Quote:
Originally Posted by N o o d l e s View Post
So you think Ryan and JVR are on equal footing even though they put up basically similar point totals in a shortened season? JVR is not a great winger.
JVR is 2 years younger, and a developing power forward. He has a good amount of talent, and is exactly what the Leafs need. To us, he is our great solution to a top 3 void for wingers in the future. Also, didn't he just get 7 points in 7 games against the Bruins?

Old
06-21-2013, 03:38 AM
Vipers31
Advanced Stagnostic

Quote:
Originally Posted by hockeyjack13 View Post
He's from around Philly so he'll probably go there soon
How often does that reasoning work with free agents? And my definition of "soon" usually doesn't mean a time span of two years, which is the earliest he can choose to go anywhere.

Quote:
both of whom are projected to be better than Ryan (...)
Based on what? I have never seen such projections. If one has the opinion that they are going to end up doing better / being more important / whatever, that's one thing, but there's no objective projections that say they are going to be better than Ryan can be. The last thing Ryan lacks is upside. Sure, he's older, but even while being in absolute elite company for players scoring 30+ goals every full season he spent in the NHL, his numbers aren't a finished product, given lack of quality PP1 time, for example.

Vipers31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-21-2013, 03:57 AM
The_Chosen_One

I wouldn't mind Bobby Ryan, though. A PWF who may be able to pot +30 goals against top lines would help us establish a competent shut down line. He would have to enhance his two-way game, but his puck poise and vision shows potential.

I'd even consider moving Kadri for him, IMO. We could have JVR/ Lupul on his wing and a strong two-way centre in the middle.

JVR/ Lupul - X - Ryan ( Shut down line)

We don't really need a top line centre, but a PWF centre.

JVR/ Lupul - PWF - Kessel ( Top scoring line)

Last edited by The_Chosen_One: 06-21-2013 at 04:14 AM.
The_Chosen_One is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-21-2013, 04:02 AM
Demko

Quote:
Wow. Please show me all the 30+ goal seasons JVR has had...

Demko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-21-2013, 07:02 AM
Unagi

I don't think we make great trading partners when it comes to a deal ceterting Bobby Ryan. Apart from that, not sure why you'd want Ryan to play for Caryle again, they didn't get along IIRC.

Unagi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-21-2013, 07:03 AM
Esq.

Quote:
I'm not a fan of either team. But you are delusional.

96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-21-2013, 07:56 AM
ghdi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vipers31 View Post
How often does that reasoning work with free agents? And my definition of "soon" usually doesn't mean a time span of two years, which is the earliest he can choose to go anywhere.
In the case of Ryan, it's not a far fetched idea. It also does happen. Parise did with Minnesota if we're talking recently.

ghdi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-21-2013, 08:01 AM
willyjones

Quote:
Not sure. He's turned into one hell of a player since being traded but I think the bridges have probably been burnt there. It's one thing trading a player once but to trade him again after just recovering from a serious injury has probably eliminated any chance of a good working relationship between Ducks management and Lupul.

Honestly I do not know enough info on the ducks to speculate so I am going to ask you, you seem to know the ducks well. For some reason I think I remember that carlyle and ryan did not get along, is this correct?? And I would give up JVR for Ryan. how many years does ryan have left on his current deal?

willyjones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-21-2013, 08:08 AM
Selanne138

Quote:
Originally Posted by willyjones View Post
Honestly I do not know enough info on the ducks to speculate so I am going to ask you, you seem to know the ducks well. For some reason I think I remember that carlyle and ryan did not get along, is this correct?? And I would give up JVR for Ryan. how many years does ryan have left on his current deal?
Correct. But lupul and Carlyle also did not get along, so relationsjips can be repaired. Ryan played his best hockey under RC.

Ive felt for a few years that JVR is about as perfect of a fit with Getz and Perry a there is. I wanted JVR included in an offer from Philly when Ryan was first shopped. Seems like Toronto fans value him much higher than Ducks fans do though, itd have to be JVR+ for us

Selanne138 is offline   Reply With Quote