HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Cgy-nyi

Old
06-20-2013, 07:32 PM
Adirondack Flames
Unofficial

vCash: 50
I want no part of Nino, he comes off like a player with entitlement issues.

Adirondack Flames is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-20-2013, 07:32 PM
LeHabsMan

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darth Milbury View Post
Tanguay has 3 seasons at 3.5 million. His production does not warrant that kind of commitment.

So, no I do not believe the Isles would take him on waivers. I thought that was a horrible contract for Calgary to give out.

Since I wouldn't take Tanguay on waviers, I don't agree that he would be worth an upgrade in the draft.

I'm also not sure why we would trade a prospect who is near ready to step in for picks that are years away.
3.5 million for a 50-60 point player on a bad team is a bad contract? You must not see these new signings in the NHL.

If Snow wouldnt pick up Tanguay on waivers hes a pure idiot.

LeHabsMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-20-2013, 07:34 PM
boredmale

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeHabsMan View Post
3.5 million for a 50-60 point player on a bad team is a bad contract? You must not see these new signings in the NHL.

If Snow wouldnt pick up Tanguay on waivers hes a pure idiot.
One problem with Tanguay is we need right handed right wingers, getting another leftie who plays left wing is just more of the same

boredmale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-20-2013, 07:35 PM
PWJunior
SUCK IT HATERS!

Quote:
Originally Posted by boredmale View Post
The Islanders require CHEAP top 6 talent. Now whether Nino is that guy our not is still a question but we would be stupid to dump him for a short term fix who will cause havoc to our salary structure.

As I said above the Islanders won't trade Nino for table scraps, now if a team comes calling wanting Nino badly and offer us a player who can be a key part of our team both this year and many years to come who has a reasonable contract, I am pretty sure Snow will listen.
Agreed. In the case that Nino is traded, I would think Snow would package him along with other assets to acquire a high impact positional player that would fit with the core. Snow is proving that he's not an idiot GM like Milbury, so he's not going to sell low on anyone. He reportedly shot down all low ball offers for Okposo and Nino during the season. Patience paid off in Okposo's case. It's not a stretch to think that he won't do the same for a former top-5 pick whose development is back on track. Oh yeah, he doesn't turn 21 until mid-September.

PWJunior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-20-2013, 07:37 PM
boredmale

Quote:
Originally Posted by PWJunior View Post
Oh yeah, he doesn't turn 21 until mid-September.
I believe Nino is like a month older then Baertschi for the sake of argument

Old
06-20-2013, 07:42 PM
Sparksrus3

Mike cammAlleri- with karri romo and a 5th

For

Rene bourque- pat holland and a second

That is the trade you made to get him from Montreal.

Sparksrus3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-20-2013, 07:46 PM
HighLifeMan
HFB Partner

Quote:
I believe Nino is like a month older then Baertschi for the sake of argument
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparksrus3 View Post
Mike cammAlleri- with karri romo and a 5th

For

Rene bourque- pat holland and a second

That is the trade you made to get him from Montreal.
I am not sure I am understanding the point of these posts?

HighLifeMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-20-2013, 07:58 PM
SmellOfVictory

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jester9881 View Post
If Nino sucks so bad.... why does everyone want him?
Well I don't, but the other Flames fans are all "LOL HE'S SWISS AND PLAYED ON THE WINTERHAWKS BAERTSCHI LOL"

I don't think he's a bust, but he's insanely overrated by some people at the moment.

SmellOfVictory is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-20-2013, 08:06 PM
Jester9881

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmellOfVictory View Post
Well I don't, but the other Flames fans are all "LOL HE'S SWISS AND PLAYED ON THE WINTERHAWKS BAERTSCHI LOL"

I don't think he's a bust, but he's insanely overrated by some people at the moment.
As this rightfully should count as his rookie season in the AHL, he would have been 5th in rookie scoring. He's basically the same age as guys drafted the same June AFTER he was thrust into the NHL and put on a line with Pandolfo and Reasoner..... two black holes. It's another case of people looking at numbers and jumping to a conclusion.

Jester9881 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-20-2013, 08:11 PM
Darth Milbury
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by PWJunior View Post
Agreed. In the case that Nino is traded, I would think Snow would package him along with other assets to acquire a high impact positional player that would fit with the core. Snow is proving that he's not an idiot GM like Milbury, so he's not going to sell low on anyone. He reportedly shot down all low ball offers for Okposo and Nino during the season. Patience paid off in Okposo's case. It's not a stretch to think that he won't do the same for a former top-5 pick whose development is back on track. Oh yeah, he doesn't turn 21 until mid-September.
The thing that concerns me about Nino is the meh second half he had in the AHL. That is why I am not totally convinced he is back on track. Don't want him moved, but can't say I am not worried.

06-20-2013, 08:13 PM
Darth Milbury
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abbotsford Heat View Post
I want no part of Nino, he comes off like a player with entitlement issues.
I actually this is fair.

Darth Milbury is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-20-2013, 08:14 PM
boredmale

Quote:
The thing that concerns me about Nino is the meh second half he had in the AHL. That is why I am not totally convinced he is back on track. Don't want him moved, but can't say I am not worried.
I have no problem trading Nino but I just don't think we should make a trade that screams, hey we given up on Nino and will take the best offer we can.

Old
06-20-2013, 08:15 PM
Darth Milbury
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
I have no problem trading Nino but I just don't think we should make a trade that screams, hey we given up on Nino and will take the best offer we can.

Oh, I'm not saying trade him. I think we stay the course, and see what happens. You give up on him now, you get pennies on the dollar. And, then if he does develop, we will regret it.

Now, if he got moved for a role we need, like acquiring a Bernier type, that would be different.

Darth Milbury is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-20-2013, 10:17 PM
First round bust

Quote:
Oh, I'm not saying trade him. I think we stay the course, and see what happens. You give up on him now, you get pennies on the dollar. And, then if he does develop, we will regret it.

Now, if he got moved for a role we need, like acquiring a Bernier type, that would be different.
That would be a smart move for you guys, getting Bernier I mean.

First round bust is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-20-2013, 10:27 PM
HellsBells

Personally, I don't see the Islanders having interest in Cammalleri in particular. That's not to say it's not a fair offer though.

The poster saying Cammalleri, Stempniak and Tanguay have zero value is clearly out to lunch. Cammalleri & Stempniak will both be very valuable commodities at the dealine while Tanguay has a reasonable contract for a team looking to add some playmaking abilities to the forward core.

Nino is still a very appealing player but Isles fans are in for a huge surprise if they think he's worth the 6th pick in this draft. That is ridiculous.

HellsBells is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-20-2013, 10:33 PM
tyflames
Baertschi is God

I like Niño. He is a great player and this value wise is way off but holy the overreaction by Islanders fans is ridiculous. He has yet to prove anything in the NHL and yes the fans have every reason to want to keep him as he will be a good NHL player but he is not the savior he is being made out to be.

tyflames is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-20-2013, 11:04 PM
Hipster Doofus

Quote:
Originally Posted by tyflames View Post
I like Niño. He is a great player and this value wise is way off but holy the overreaction by Islanders fans is ridiculous. He has yet to prove anything in the NHL and yes the fans have every reason to want to keep him as he will be a good NHL player but he is not the savior he is being made out to be.
The overreaction to not wanting to trade him for NHL Roster Player Mike Cammallerri is silly. Nino is one of three forward prospects that are A grade, he's not the savior, not even close. But he's worth more than a 7m floaty guy.

Its a bad proposal. Just stop trying to justify it.

Hipster Doofus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-20-2013, 11:10 PM
First round bust

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hipster Doofus View Post
The overreaction to not wanting to trade him for NHL Roster Player Mike Cammallerri is silly. Nino is one of three forward prospects that are A grade, he's not the savior, not even close. But he's worth more than a 7m floaty guy.

I couldn't care less about the proposal but you saying he's an "A" grade prospect is funny at best. I think he's good but he has a lot of work to do just to justify his draft position. His feelings of entitlement have set him back a fair amount in his development.

First round bust is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-20-2013, 11:22 PM
western redmen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hipster Doofus View Post

Unless there's an S and SS grade.... I disagree with u...

western redmen is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-21-2013, 12:45 AM
Adirondack Flames
Unofficial

Quote:
I actually this is fair.
I think so too. I love his game, but asking for a trade because he wasn't called up and now declining going to a rookie cam that could help his chances to make the big club speaks alot to his attitude IMO.

Old
06-21-2013, 02:04 AM
Flamester

this is a fair deal nino hasnt proven anything yet, actually he has underachieved more than anything in the last couple of seasons. so what if he was drafted 5th overall, Filatov went 6th and he was a bust.

there is no way in hell calgary trades its 6th overall for nino, no way, calgary is giving u a first round pick and proven goal scorer in cammy for a overrated, underachiving prospect how isnt this a fair deal.

Flamester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-21-2013, 02:25 AM
ISLESnPANTHERS

The only people in this thread that believe this deal is fair are Flames fans.

As far as I'm concerned, Cammi has no value to us. Too expensive and only one year left.

Flames, please don't do us any favors. However, we are willing to move Matt Carkner for your 6th overall pick, because hey, the 6th overall pick hasn't proven anything either, right?

ISLESnPANTHERS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-21-2013, 02:31 AM
Adirondack Flames
Unofficial

Quote:
Originally Posted by ISLESnPANTHERS View Post
The only people in this thread that believe this deal is fair are Flames fans.

As far as I'm concerned, Cammi has no value to us. Too expensive and only one year left.

Flames, please don't do us any favors. However, we are willing to move Matt Carkner for your 6th overall pick, because hey, the 6th overall pick hasn't proven anything either, right?
Did you just seriously compare a Nino/Cammy deal to Carkner/6th Overall deal? Seriously? I get you are trying to exaggerate to prove a point, but this just makes you look bad. Because Cammalleri would have value to the Isles, he might not be worth Nino value wise, but you could very much use him.

I have an idea. We trade Cammalleri to a team that "he has value to" and you keep Nino, a self entitled princess that is going to expect things handed to him instead of actually working for them.

Old
06-21-2013, 02:42 AM
nlnl09

Since Cammy only has one year left on his deal i don't imagine it would be smart for NYI to move any prospect with a high ceiling.

With that said when looking at guys i'd want on my team come playoffs Cammy and Briere would be at the top of that list... if Briere gets bought out, and has NYI as a team on his radar and cammy could be had with some salary retained i really think the islanders would be a scary team to play.

nlnl09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-21-2013, 03:13 AM
Baer Hug

Realistically though, how high is Nino's ceiling? I'd say he tops out as a 50 point, maybe 60 point player in the show. Cammi brings you that kind of offence all day and IMO he has the potential to be a ppg player again if he plays with some competent linemates.

His contract sucks,but here's the kicker. It's only for a year. Lately it seems like the only requirement he has on where he plays is if that team is competitive, so as long as the NYI stays in the playoff picture resigning him should be no problem.

I agree that NY doesn't have any reason to trade Nino, but his value is not nearly as high as some posters make it out to be.

Baer Hug is offline   Reply With Quote