HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Rangers/Canucks

Old
06-21-2013, 01:25 AM
iFan

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by sensfan44 View Post
Sure, but not Kassian for Del Zotto.....and the 2nd doesnt cover
I wouldn't move Kassian for Del Zotto, makes no sense for Vancouver which needs offense help and size in the top 6, our defence is pretty deep Hamhuis, Edler, Garrison, Bieksa, Tanev and Corrado as two solid young guys. After reading your comments on Edler and Kassian its clear what your motive is here... Canucks say easy no to te Rangers as it takes away pieces we need, we don't have anyone to replaces Edler offense and puck movement on the blue line and we need Kassian as he really started to come on and looks ready for a full time top 6 spot and his cheap ecl is what we need more of on the Canucks, also given Kassian and Edler both bring size and grit with eir skill its just not doable for Vancouver as we need what those two bring.

iFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-21-2013, 01:26 AM
Lundsanity30

Quote:
Originally Posted by thadd View Post
Simply horrible for both teams.

Rangers aren't getting enough, while the Canucks are in need of forwards, not defense.
agreed, this trade is horrible from both sides.

Lundsanity30 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-21-2013, 01:28 AM
backofthefridge

while i think edler is a great player, i like my defensemen to be great at defense first and foremost. chara over letang 110 times out of 10 (who came up with the norris ballot this year, good god!). girardi is one of the better shutdown d-men in the league. i'd rather have him over edler any day of the week if you factor in defense and cap hit. big no from the rangers on this trade.

plus edler is another LD and the rangers have plenty of those and more in the system

backofthefridge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-21-2013, 01:30 AM
HFBoards Sponsor

vCash: 50
Quote:
Yet King Canuck above cant seem to find any value in a 22 yr old Del Zotto???
Ugh hate posts like these. Where did I say MDZ had no value? Stop making stuff up. All I'm saying is Edler the guys who's scored at a 50 point pace twice who's better in his own end and adds a physical element is more valuable. Is that so hard to understand.

"I don't know what the stronger emotion would be, the joy of winning or the pain of losing"-Sidney Crosby.
33 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-21-2013, 01:32 AM
sensfan44
peacetowersens

Quote:
Originally Posted by iFan View Post
I wouldn't move Kassian for Del Zotto, makes no sense for Vancouver which needs offense help and size in the top 6, our defence is pretty deep Hamhuis, Edler, Garrison, Bieksa, Tanev and Corrado as two solid young guys. After reading your comments on Edler and Kassian its clear what your motive is here... Canucks say easy no to te Rangers as it takes away pieces we need, we don't have anyone to replaces Edler offense and puck movement on the blue line and we need Kassian as he really started to come on and looks ready for a full time top 6 spot and his cheap ecl is what we need more of on the Canucks, also given Kassian and Edler both bring size and grit with eir skill its just not doable for Vancouver as we need what those two bring.
No motive. Just stating that the value isnt being returned. (IMO) If you took the teams needs out of the equation the value just isnt there for NYR

sensfan44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-21-2013, 01:34 AM
backofthefridge

zach kassian, top-six power forward.......yeah, only in the AHL!

backofthefridge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-21-2013, 01:35 AM
Lundsanity30

What it really comes down to on these boards (and I'm guilty of it as well), is fans don't want to give up their own players that they really like (even if its for equal value). thats why we're fans and not general managers.

Old
06-21-2013, 01:35 AM
mstad101

Again I have to ask. Why is this even being considered?
Two teams with the same needs and the exact same strengths trading weakness for more strength? Seriously who cares about Del Zotto and his value when the whole value of the proposal is complete and utter **** to start with?

Canucks fans look at trading Edler for goal scoring ability up front to help the Sedins and Kesler. Kassian is a young potential player who has been bounced around our line up with little chance of chemistry to form and is really our best forward prospect ATM.
So we trade out two best trading chips for players we have an abundance of? Giradi is great and would be an asset to add if the Canucks were the Oilers and were loaded upfront with no D core. But we aren't.
Del Zotto would be a good asset if we were the Flames and had an atrocious power play and needed someone who can move the puck up the ice and produce points from the back end. Again we aren't in the biggest dire straights for this. A new PP coach is all Vancouver needs to remove the stale entry and retrieval we had last year.

I just don't get why this has turned into a pissing match of who is better and why.

Oh and let's not forget that acquiring MDZ is an absolute horrid idea when our main candidate for head coach is none other than Torts. So please. Resume your idiocy of a pissing match because its really all this thread has created.
Thanks AJ you are a true dime of a poster.

mstad101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-21-2013, 01:38 AM
Lundsanity30

Quote:
Originally Posted by mstad101 View Post
Again I have to ask. Why is this even being considered?
Two teams with the same needs and the exact same strengths trading weakness for more strength? Seriously who cares about Del Zotto and his value when the whole value of the proposal is complete and utter **** to start with?

Canucks fans look at trading Edler for goal scoring ability up front to help the Sedins and Kesler. Kassian is a young potential player who has been bounced around our line up with little chance of chemistry to form and is really our best forward prospect ATM.
So we trade out two best trading chips for players we have an abundance of? Giradi is great and would be an asset to add if the Canucks were the Oilers and were loaded upfront with no D core. But we aren't.
Del Zotto would be a good asset if we were the Flames and had an atrocious power play and needed someone who can move the puck up the ice and produce points from the back end. Again we aren't in the biggest dire straights for this. A new PP coach is all Vancouver needs to remove the stale entry and retrieval we had last year.

I just don't get why this has turned into a pissing match of who is better and why.

Oh and let's not forget that acquiring MDZ is an absolute horrid idea when our main candidate for head coach is none other than Torts. So please. Resume your idiocy of a pissing match because its really all this thread has created.
LOL... Thats a good point about putting Del Zotto with Torts again.

Old
06-21-2013, 01:41 AM
iFan

Quote:
No motive. Just stating that the value isnt being returned. (IMO) If you took the teams needs out of the equation the value just isnt there for NYR
Well team need is a pretty big part of how a team values that player(s)... Just look at Canucks if we didn't have Schneider here there's no way we'd be looking to give Luongo away, or if we weren't in need to get bigger we wouldn't of traded for Kassian and have a GM being ok with taking a hit value wise to make a hockey trade to help both teams, so team need has a major role in player values.

Old
06-21-2013, 01:43 AM
Lundsanity30

Quote:
Well team need is a pretty big part of how a team values that player(s)... Just look at Canucks if we didn't have Schneider here there's no way we'd be looking to give Luongo away, or if we weren't in need to get bigger we wouldn't of traded for Kassian and have a GM being ok with taking a hit value wise to make a hockey trade to help both teams, so team need has a major role in player values.
which is why the Rangers are out of this before the start...

Left handed defensemen w Edler.

Mcdonagh
Staal
Edler
Del Zotto
Moore.

Right handed defensemen with no Girardi..
Stralman

Old
06-21-2013, 01:44 AM
Kwayry
Take the damn deal

Quote:
Yeah, what you need is Kreider and DZ and it's a big happy family

Kwayry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-21-2013, 01:46 AM
Lundsanity30

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kwayry View Post
Yeah, what you need is Kreider and DZ and it's a big happy family
dont forget Boyle.

Old
06-21-2013, 01:46 AM
sensfan44
peacetowersens

Quote:
Originally Posted by King Canuck View Post
Ugh hate posts like these. Where did I say MDZ had no value? Stop making stuff up. All I'm saying is Edler the guys who's scored at a 50 point pace twice who's better in his own end and adds a physical element is more valuable. Is that so hard to understand.
Better in his own end based on what? What is Edlers Quality of Competition number like. What was his teams On Ice Shooting % and Save % better based on his TOI. Base this then on Del Zottos numbers and I think you'll be surprised as they are very similar. Take for instance an easy stat to understand like hits (your physical element) both had 77 this year.

post #51 But Del Zotto is nowhere near Edler at this point
you have failed to find the value in Del Zotto

Old
06-21-2013, 01:48 AM
Lundsanity30

Quote:
Better in his own end based on what? What is Edlers Quality of Competition number like. What was his teams On Ice Shooting % and Save % better based on his TOI. Base this then on Del Zottos numbers and I think you'll be surprised as they are very similar. Take for instance an easy stat to understand like hits (your physical element) both had 77 this year.

post #51 But Del Zotto is nowhere near Edler at this point
you have failed to find the value in Del Zotto
someone is sticking up for Del Zotto's value? I'm shocked.. even our own fan base doesn't do that.

Old
06-21-2013, 01:49 AM
iFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lundsanity30 View Post
which is why the Rangers are out of this before the start...

Left handed defensemen w Edler.

Mcdonagh
Staal
Edler
Del Zotto
Moore.

Right handed defensemen with no Girardi..
Stralman
It's just not a smartly thought out proposal and doesn't add to each teams need

Old
06-21-2013, 01:49 AM
sensfan44
peacetowersens

Quote:
I agree. Im just looking at it theoretically.

Old
06-21-2013, 01:51 AM
sensfan44
peacetowersens

Quote:
someone is sticking up for Del Zotto's value? I'm shocked.. even our own fan base doesn't do that.
I'll gladly take him on the Sens. He'd pair great with Cowen.

Old
06-21-2013, 01:52 AM
Kwayry
Take the damn deal

Quote:
We do, we do. It's just the vocal minoriy of Rangers fans who wants these players out is more involved on the boards.
Boom boom, MSOneil, CM, 16 to Stanley, few rangers fans (I am sure I missed a few) who stick up for DZ and Girardi on these boards.

Kwayry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-21-2013, 01:54 AM
mstad101

Quote:
dont forget Boyle.
Only if you guys take Ballard back.
That way the happy family reunion goes both ways.

Old
06-21-2013, 01:55 AM
Lundsanity30

Quote:
Only if you guys take Ballard back.
That way the happy family reunion goes both ways.
does that mean we get the Sedins too?

Old
06-21-2013, 01:58 AM
mstad101

Quote:
With Gonch gone, the Sens would be a solid team for MDZ.
But would the young roster players you have be enough? Something like Greening+ or a prospect like Stone?

Now there is an actual two teams who can make a trade from strength for weakness.

Old
06-21-2013, 02:01 AM
Lundsanity30

Quote:
eh, what the hell.. why not.. what would you give up

Old
06-21-2013, 02:02 AM
Machinehead
Richards Supporter

Quote:
That's great... which leaves Stralman as the Rangers top RHD.

With a healthy staal, the last thing the Rangers should be trading Del Zotto for is another defenseman especially another LHD
He already is.

"We go again." -Steven Gerrard
Machinehead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-21-2013, 02:07 AM
Alluckks

Quote:
Originally Posted by Machinehead View Post
He already is.
I understand you have insane bias and with incredibly poor reasoning (you literally just spew your stuff all over these boards whether it is opinionated or not) but please try to contain yourself to just the Ranger board otherwise it just comes to hell when people try to rationally defend our players in the general discussion boards like this one. At the very least, one post exclaiming your unfounded disdain should be sufficient rather than 6 in every thread regarding MDZ/Girardi/and the like.

Alluckks is offline   Reply With Quote