HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > The Rink
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
The Rink For the not so ready for prime-time players, coaches, referees, and the people that have to live with them. Discuss experiences in local leagues, coaching tips, equipment, and training.

Allowed to sell gear?

Closed Thread

Old
06-20-2013, 06:43 PM
Sufa

vCash: 500
Allowed to sell gear?

Apologies ahead of time but I'm trying go sell my goalie gear that I no longer am able to use.

Last edited by Jarick: 06-21-2013 at 12:19 PM. Reason: spam
Old
06-20-2013, 07:21 PM
Wilch
Unregistered User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sufa View Post
Apologies ahead of time but I'm trying go sell my goalie gear that I no longer am able to use. If this thread isn't shut down I will update it within the next day with pictures of the gear. Again I apologize if this is against any rules for the forums.
Don't think there's any rules against it, but you might have better luck posting on other sites in addition to posting here.

This sub-forum doesn't have a lot of viewers.

Old
06-20-2013, 11:27 PM
Chanbing96

Unless they changed the rules they usually don't allow buy sell trade I'm game for it tho I think it's a good idea

Old
06-21-2013, 03:15 AM
God
Free Citizen

Libya has ice hockey?

Old
06-21-2013, 04:22 AM
Sufa

Quote:
Originally Posted by God View Post
Libya has ice hockey?
Haha, I used to live in Colorado and my gear is back there. Have since moved to Libya and can't use the gear anymore because yes they don't have Ice Hockey. Although I heard they have a rink in another city but it's like 7 hours away.

Old
06-21-2013, 07:26 AM
shoeshine boy

you might have better luck with a selling forum like the one on Ice Warehouse's site: http://hockey.inlinewarehouse.com/forumdisplay.php?f=16
I'd recommend the sports2k.com forum as well but they don't take too kindly to folks with a zero post count selling things as their first activity on the site.

when selling on any forum though just be prepared for low-ball offers and buyers who flake out at the last minute.

Old
06-21-2013, 08:34 AM
jsykes

I'd like to see a single FS thread that is stickied. All FS posts go in this one thread, so they're all together. No one responds to any posts, you contact the seller via PM and when it sells, you just delete your post.

I've done this on other forums I've run and it works very well. All FS is in the same place but you dont need a classified forum, the thread stays current and clean since there are no discussions or replies in the thread and it gives people a place to sell and buy so it benefits everyone.

Mods may want to consider that for this forum.

Old
06-21-2013, 09:12 AM
Sufa

Quote:
Originally Posted by shoeshine boy View Post
you might have better luck with a selling forum like the one on Ice Warehouse's site: http://hockey.inlinewarehouse.com/forumdisplay.php?f=16
I'd recommend the sports2k.com forum as well but they don't take too kindly to folks with a zero post count selling things as their first activity on the site.

when selling on any forum though just be prepared for low-ball offers and buyers who flake out at the last minute.
I wanted to try and sell the gear on other websites but they charge money to post. I'm in no rush to sell and I know what the gear is worth so they won't get me for cheap.

The fact that I have a low post count does look bad, and I thought about it after posting it but I said hey might as well try. Everyone was a rookie once, I just stick around in the Avs forums and trade proposals and do mostly reading as compared to posting my opinions.

Old
06-21-2013, 10:04 AM
Wilch
Unregistered User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sufa View Post
I wanted to try and sell the gear on other websites but they charge money to post. I'm in no rush to sell and I know what the gear is worth so they won't get me for cheap.

The fact that I have a low post count does look bad, and I thought about it after posting it but I said hey might as well try. Everyone was a rookie once, I just stick around in the Avs forums and trade proposals and do mostly reading as compared to posting my opinions.
Don't think post count matters unless you sound like a spam bot. You don't, so you're fine.

If you're trying to sell in Denver, for example, check out http://denver.craigslist.org/

Old
06-21-2013, 12:19 PM
Jarick
Doing Nothing

Buying and selling are not allowed per site rules. Try eBay, Craigslist, or other forums.

Closed Thread