HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Nashville Predators
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

General Predators Talk Part III

View Poll Results: Will we see any games for the 12-13 season?
Yes 12 32.43%
Nope 8 21.62%
Partial season 17 45.95%
Voters: 37. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old
06-15-2013, 11:01 PM
triggrman
HFBoards Sponsor

vCash: 500
lol, still Robin.

Old
06-16-2013, 12:14 AM
PredsV82
Puckaroni and cheese

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Top 6 Spaling View Post
https://twitter.com/search?q=rsuter20&src=typd

Wow, he's under attack already...
wow, loved the question about whether he wipes his tears with 50's or 100's..

Old
06-16-2013, 04:56 AM
oreilly22

Quote:
Originally Posted by PredsV82 View Post
wow, loved the question about whether he wipes his tears with 50's or 100's..
I don't get why people say Suter left for the money. It was pretty clear that he wanted to play closer to his hometown. I'm sure Poile would have offered the money he got or comparable. Instead of $uter, people should call him Momma's Little Suitor or something like that.

Old
06-16-2013, 09:16 PM
deanwormer

Honestly, don't you think that - sure, first he wanted to play closer to home, but also:
1) he wanted a chance to be "the man", and he was never gonna' be that here, and
2) he knew darned well that Poile could never pay both he and Webs the money they both got, no matter what ownership and Poile were saying? and if they somehow could, that they'd be worse than last year turned out.

Old
06-16-2013, 09:38 PM
TMI
Mod Supervisor

Suter was pouring concrete in his driveway for six hours? Poor guy

Old
06-16-2013, 11:10 PM
The PH Factor

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThirdManIn View Post
Wish he got stuck in it. Too harsh?

Old
06-16-2013, 11:58 PM
PredsV82
Puckaroni and cheese

Quote:
guy just signed a 100 million dollar contract. Im pretty sure that people will pour concrete for you if you pay them. You wouldnt even have to be there...

Old
06-21-2013, 08:29 AM
PFL615

Anyone need a 2.2 mill home in Eastern Ontario? The Fishers just listed there home.

Last edited by PFL615: 06-21-2013 at 09:44 AM.
Old
06-21-2013, 08:45 AM
PredsV82
Puckaroni and cheese

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smashville615 View Post
Anyone need a 2.2 mill home in Eastern Ontario? The Fishers just listed there home.home.
I'm guessing that means they will live here whenever Mr Underwoods career is over

Old
06-21-2013, 05:11 PM
CantbeatzPekka
Weber/Jones/Josi

Quote:
the offseason, where some people golf, some pretend to have work ethic

Old
06-22-2013, 07:50 AM
kypredsfan
Weber is OUR captain

Quote:
Originally Posted by PredsV82 View Post
I'm guessing that means they will live here whenever Mr Underwoods career is over
Probably. I'm sure her career will still be going strong when his is over so this is smart planning.

Old
06-22-2013, 06:54 PM
Byrddog

Im not going to start a separate thread but wanted to post this for all those that gave me such a hard time over my attendance concerns.

http://www.ontheforecheck.com/2013/6...mmeted-in-2013

Old
06-22-2013, 07:13 PM
oreilly22

Quote:
Originally Posted by Byrddog View Post
Im not going to start a separate thread but wanted to post this for all those that gave me such a hard time over my attendance concerns.

This can be spun multiple ways:

http://www.tennessean.com/article/20...emain-hot-draw

Old
06-22-2013, 08:00 PM
101st_fan
I taught Yoda

Quote:

Still over 15k paid last year. Not really an issue. The low number of paid seats for a game was about what the team averaged only a few years ago. JD .... relax, dude.

Old
06-22-2013, 08:02 PM
glenngineer

The more I read ontheforecheck stuff the more I wonder if David Climer is part of it. I'm sorry but it's a bloggers site. I don't put much credence in it at all. If you read the article by Cooper, Sean Henry stated they wanted to honor certain things that were promised to the fans which is why the comp level was up this past year. Consider they were coming off a lockout, we were still above 15,000 sold average and considering we weren't very good for the last month or so, I'd say we did ok. Everyone seems to have a spin on stuff. If the big wigs aren't worried about it, I'm not going to worry about it. The numbers are up from a few years ago, The Sports Authority guy even made mention that they're encouraged by the numbers and don't even think about the 14,000 number anymore.

If people who are on these boards are skeptical of attendance, that's fine but I also get tired of the negative Nancy's around here who will find fault with any little thing. It was a strange year all the way around. Big deal. We have a team. We're building a very good team regardless of what some around here want to believe. We have some solid management with Henry and Cogen at the helm. We're in good shape. Let's leave it at that.

Old
06-22-2013, 08:07 PM
Byrddog

If they comp 1900 tickets per game assuming a low 25.00 average for each that's 47,500 in lost revenue per home game. Or over 41 games 1.947 million dollars. Or the difference in a 3 mil a year player or 5 mil per year player so yes it is significant and way you look at it. If they don't comp the 1900 they lose out on a conservative 500k in concessions as well over the whole season. Comp tickets are great for the fans but does not help putting talent on the ice. All teams comp tickets but Most teams less then 500 per game.

Particularly on this board fans want the front office to spend like a large market but it is impossible to do without revenue. There are only a handful of arenas that seat fewer than the Bridgestone arena. To ice a consistent high preforming team spending to the cap at current prices this team needs 95% capacity PAID. That's an average of 16,200 per game. Short of that the ownership is in the red not something they will do for a long period of time.

So all the fake sellouts hurt the team like it or not.

http://www.forbes.com/teams/nashville-predators/

And I guess Forbes evaluation of the teams financial status is Negitive Nancy also. In 2012 the best year this team has ever had they lost 3.4 million dollars.

You do not have to worry about it sure but most of us would like to see this team long term. We would also like to see top level talent on the ice, that would prove to be the best way to ensure the team remains. SO I guess I would rather be the negative Nancy than those fans who are like an ostrich with there head in the sand oblivious to whats actually happening. Not the sugar coated sellout out over the last two years.

Last edited by Byrddog: 06-22-2013 at 08:21 PM.
Old
06-22-2013, 08:21 PM
glenngineer

Quote:
If they comp 1900 tickets per game assuming a low 25.00 average for each that's 47,500 in lost revenue per home game. Or over 41 games 1.947 million dollars. Or the difference in a 3 mil a year player or 5 mil per year player so yes it is significant and way you look at it. If they don't comp the 1900 they lose out on a conservative 500k in concessions as well over the whole season. Comp tickets are great for the fans but does not help putting talent on the ice. All teams comp tickets but Most teams less then 500 per game.

Particularly on this board fans want the front office to spend like a large market but it is impossible to do without revenue. There are only a handful of arenas that seat fewer than the Bridgestone arena. To ice a consistent high preforming team spending to the cap at current prices this team needs 95% capacity PAID. That's an average of 16,200 per game. Short of that the ownership is in the red not something they will do for a long period of time.

So all the fake sellouts hurt the team like it or not.
And no team in any sport fully sells out every game. There are always comps, always. This happens in every sport. Yes, comps were up this year but the previous two seasons they were pretty much on par with other teams around the league.

Sometimes you want to get people back in the barn to see what they're missing or to get new fans in as well. Sometimes you honor commitments which is why comps were up so much.

If it happens again next year I might start to worry.

Old
06-22-2013, 09:03 PM
triggrman
HFBoards Sponsor

Some people just like to whine and moan about everything. I'll worry, when the Predators worry. Short, lockout, injury riddled season with a few less paid seats doesn't bother me. In fact it's expected.

Those comp seats don't get free beer, drinks or food. So you give them 25, they spend 40. You still make money.

Old
06-22-2013, 09:04 PM
101st_fan
I taught Yoda

JD,
NO TEAM IN HOCKEY SELLS EVERY TICKET TO ANY GAME!!!!!!!!!!! SO USING YOUR PSEUDO-LOGIC, THERE ARE NO SELL OUTS IN HOCKEY!!!!!

A 41 game projection is meaningless when we're discussing a lockout shortened season to begin with. Then the team underperformed. Yes, the team issued comps to have a sell out streak ... but that is on top of 15,126 average paid attendance. The team did not average that in total attendance as recently as 2009-10. You are complaining that paid attendance is HIGHER than the average attendance of three years ago ... while coming out of a lockout. Don Quixote would question you on this one.

A comp ticket that gets used generates more money than an empty seat. It's very simple. Given the on ice performance and lockout shortened year, a one time bump in comps to offset a drop in paid attendance is no big deal. Not that I know a thing about attendance or anything.

Old
06-22-2013, 09:41 PM
Byrddog

http://www.forbes.com/nhl-valuations/list/

Old
06-22-2013, 09:45 PM
101st_fan
I taught Yoda

Quote:
Whopity do. Forbes overvalues some aspects, under (or completely ignores) others and their stats used to figure values don't always match what the league or individual teams have for data. What Forbes publishes is an assessment based on the info they can gather which is not from any team's actual books and serves as nothing more than a general guideline. However, if you suddenly have $160+ million, feel free to buy the team. If you suddenly have comp data for the entire league (not seen since about 2007) feel free to share.

Old
06-22-2013, 10:36 PM
Byrddog

Bryan I think you know better. You really knowledgeable about this sport. And It could be I know too many people with too much money. But I know that any owner or ownership will lose money year after year. See all the NHL owners for the bottom revenue teams over just the past 10 years.

As for being put on ignore its kinda childish but make yourself happy Trigg.

Old
06-22-2013, 10:41 PM
PredsV82
Puckaroni and cheese

Ok wait, five years ago we were praying for 14K paid to save the team, and now having over 15K is a problem???

Old
06-22-2013, 11:08 PM
101st_fan
I taught Yoda

Quote:
Bryan I think you know better. You really knowledgeable about this sport. And It could be I know too many people with too much money. But I know that any owner or ownership will lose money year after year. See all the NHL owners for the bottom revenue teams over just the past 10 years.

You are complaining that attendance was higher than 2009-10 as the team emerged from a lockout and had a poor on ice year. Think about that for a second. In a revenue sharing world, they had a slight downturn that is nowhere near the level of triggering any potential lease clauses while able to supplement that through comps that put butts in seats when sales fell short. I'm trying to find something to complain about here but it just isn't revealing itself. Maybe I'll go back to the NP boards and ask OldHickory/ColdChicory/Soviethockey what he's complaining about because he's the only other person I can think of who would find gloom and doom in what Cooper reported.

I'm actually amazed that Cooper figured out the difference between announced and paid attendance levels.

Last edited by 101st_fan: 06-23-2013 at 10:02 AM. Reason: Fixed a typo
Old
06-23-2013, 07:31 AM
triggrman
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:

Childish? I guess...

I just get tired of people that come on here whining about everything. Some seem to need drama all the time, and when there's not any they create it. Which is all this is, unnecessary drama. It's not ColdChickory, it's chicken little.

Closed Thread