HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

My trip to Buffalo and Toronto

Old
10-16-2006, 12:02 PM
Nyclaus

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Simknows View Post
I went to Buffalo and Toronto for the first two Habs games.
We were four friends and I just want to say Buffalo and the people there sucks and we had a lot of fun at Toronto. Here's the story :

First we arrived to Buffalo around 4pm and it takes us more than an hour to find a place to eat and drink. There nothing to do in Buffalo. No good restaurant no place to drink !!
Then we went to the arena and the people there we're very agressive toward us (we were wearing our habs jersey). We were cheering all game long for the habs and everybody were screaming at us. In the middle of the 3rd period a Buffalo ******* complain about us to the security. Guess what....they kicked us out of the building and we were not allowed to come close to the arena !!!! We were just cheering...we didn't insult anybody in fact we didin't respond to the people who insulted us. Outside I was surprised to the that we were not the only ones wearing habs jersey to be kicked out. Alot of habs fans has been kicked out to !!!

So we tried to find a place to see the end of the game and the only place to see the game was the tv on the wall of the arena. So we stayed there and guess what ( I STILL CAN'T BELEIVE IT!!!)*one of my friends has been arrested for disturbing the peace !!!!! Ya ya he's been handcuff and forced to go to the police station because we were to close of the arena !!!
It took me two hours of negociation with the police to get him out of there !!!!

Then we get out of Buffalo as fast as we can. Conclusion don't go to Buffalo !!!!

The day after we went to Toronto. We had so much fun there. The game was awsome and I was suprised to see that leafs fans were very friendly with us. I don't know if I should say that I now have friend who are leafs fans !!!!

Leafs still sucks !!!
go habs go !!!!

Word to the wise: when cheering for your favorite team in hostile territory, don't turn around and go "wwwooooohhooooo" to other fans if your team scores! That's just common sense.

Nyclaus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-16-2006, 02:22 PM
coolguy21415
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carbo-Nation View Post
I went to a Habs game in Buffalo last February and the place felt like a home Habs game. I, going undercover as a civilian, didn't wear any jerseys. The people that did, however, did not get any yells or get kicked out or anything. I'd say the only annoying thing was this fat lady behind us saying "It's Miller time!" everytime Ryan Miller made a save. We get it! His last name's Miller and so is the name of a beer! Shut up!

That's the worst thing about that game. We won in overtime and all the Habs fans were cheering inside the building. Occasionally you'd hear a Sabres fan tell us "Shut up, it's the playoffs that matter!" but then someone would chime in to the top of his lungs "Hey, shut the **** up!" and there'd be a roar of laughter and even more of the Ole song.
This has been my experience every time in Buffalo. The season opener was a bit different because the Buffalo fans were more pumped up than usual, and got a good come-from-behind victory, but the experience was still pleasant. That game (the one you went to.. Kovalev scored in overtime) was unbelievable. I was sitting just right of the corner in the end where Montreal scored in OT. Fantastic game to see.

coolguy21415 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-16-2006, 02:51 PM
HabuseMoi

Quote:
Originally Posted by KeyserSoze81 View Post
As a Sabres fan, I went to a game early last year when the Canadiens won. I was up in the cheap seats, so the Montreal fans up there were unbelievably drunk and obnoxious. There were a few nicer people (older couples mostly), but in general it was a terrible experience. When we made our way back to our car, there was a drunk Hab fan pissing on the side of our car. If anyone was kicked out, I assure you it is because of negative instances like this.

As for the city of Buffalo, it is a suburban entity. Downtown is unfortunately dilapidated, thanks to mismanagement and broken promises from people like the Sabres former owner, John Rigas (who now resides in a white-collar prison). Buffalo's charm can be found throughout the outlying areas, and the people are some of the nicest you can meet. Nevertheless, you should expect hostility from Buffalo fans in the arena thanks to experiences like mine above.
pissing on people's car is a custom in Montreal, it's like saying hello. Don't take it personal.

HabuseMoi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-16-2006, 03:17 PM
Goldthorpe
Meditating Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by HabuseMoi View Post
pissing on people's car is a custom in Montreal, it's like saying hello. Don't take it personal.
In fact, it is considered by some a mark of great honor. Peeing on your car is good because it protects the frame from corrosion.

Goldthorpe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-16-2006, 04:36 PM
Phousse

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedScull View Post
This has been my experience every time in Buffalo. The season opener was a bit different because the Buffalo fans were more pumped up than usual, and got a good come-from-behind victory, but the experience was still pleasant. That game (the one you went to.. Kovalev scored in overtime) was unbelievable. I was sitting just right of the corner in the end where Montreal scored in OT. Fantastic game to see.
Seriously? So was I. I was pretty low and from my view point, the Sabres were to the right. It was really an awesome time for my first (and only, so far) Habs game.

Phousse is offline   Reply With Quote