HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Danny Kristo to Calgary

Old
06-21-2013, 07:48 AM
Ezpz
No mad pls

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Caged Great View Post
What about Cammalleri for Kristo + 3rd
I'd rather bring back Georges ****ing Laraque than have Cammy ever near this team again. Biggest loser in the league, plays with zero heart. I wouldn't take him for free.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oilersfan2487 View Post
I would not be so sure that MB would not trade him for a pick. when the habs called up their black knights from Hamilton for the playoffs, Kristo was not one of the guys summoned. Its not like the guy was tired, he played an NCAA schedule not CHL...further, in speaking with a director of player personnel from another team last summer, the discussion circulated around NCAa players and the NHl pulling them out after a year or two to development them more in their system and with their lengthy schedule...Note, Kristo spent 4 years in North Dakota...and his remarks were, what does that tell you?
Further, Kristo has been the subject of some questionable behavior including his actions as a captain as well as an incident where he was " too intoxicated" to understand that when he lost his shoes while walking in the snow, that he was doing significant damage to his foot...frost bite that almost came to the point of amputation...are these the qualities of a first round draft pick, do you want to have one of your guys that you are building with to have chemistry with a character of this sort...Maybe, as I always say, I am not a flames fan so this might make sense to them but not to me
Kristo wasn't brought up because he was loaned to the USA World Championship team.

Ezpz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-21-2013, 08:15 AM
beowulf
Not a nice guy.

Send a message via MSN to beowulf
Quote:
Been there, done that, no thanks.

beowulf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-21-2013, 08:27 AM
PricePkPatch

Quote:

But I wouldn't mind trading Kristo. He's one of out best prospects, but maybe we can find a better fit for both our teams.

Not sure about trading him for a bland pick upgrade, tho.

PricePkPatch is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-21-2013, 08:40 AM
Oilersfan2487

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ezpz View Post
I'd rather bring back Georges ****ing Laraque than have Cammy ever near this team again. Biggest loser in the league, plays with zero heart. I wouldn't take him for free.

Kristo wasn't brought up because he was loaned to the USA World Championship team.
A soft landing and saving grace for him with the US team...having said all of that, if the Flames want him, I am certain the Habs will accommodate them...

Oilersfan2487 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-21-2013, 08:42 AM
Petes2424

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeHabsMan View Post
The Flames just signed his teammate from ND, Corban Knight. Knight MAY have hinted in a possible trade for Kristo.

Roger Millions‏@RogMillions19h
Knight adds that Danny Kristo his UND teammate could surprise next Sunday in Newark. #2013NHLDraft

This can mean many things but one possibility is a trade to reunite the two players. Calgary is rebuilding and Kristo is a good young player that has chemistry with Knight.

What would Calgary give up for Kristo?
Seriously, how does anyone reach for a hint of a possible trade in his comments???

Petes2424 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-21-2013, 08:45 AM
Boris Le Tigre
~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

I really don't want to trade Kristo when he is on the cusp of breaking out. We have been waiting quite a while for him to develop... he might have similar impact as Gallagher... would rather keep him and find out as opposed to waiting 5-years for the next draft pick.

Kristo brings top of the league speed, good work ethic, and is a smart player...

Boris Le Tigre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-21-2013, 08:48 AM
White Spy
Spy vs Blades

Quote:
Originally Posted by Petes2424 View Post
Seriously, how does anyone reach for a hint of a possible trade in his comments???
Why don't you give us a logical explanation for the following quote, since you obviously know what's going on here.

"Roger Millions‏@RogMillions19h
Knight adds that Danny Kristo his UND teammate could surprise next Sunday in Newark. #2013NHLDraft"

White Spy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-21-2013, 08:56 AM
beowulf
Not a nice guy.

Send a message via MSN to beowulf
Quote:
Originally Posted by whitespy View Post
Why don't you give us a logical explanation for the following quote, since you obviously know what's going on here.

Knight adds that Danny Kristo his UND teammate could surprise next Sunday in Newark. #2013NHLDraft"
Kristo plans on streaking at the draft!

beowulf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-21-2013, 09:14 AM
White Spy
Spy vs Blades

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boris Le Tigre View Post
I really don't want to trade Kristo when he is on the cusp of breaking out. We have been waiting quite a while for him to develop... he might have similar impact as Gallagher... would rather keep him and find out as opposed to waiting 5-years for the next draft pick.

Kristo brings top of the league speed, good work ethic, and is a smart player...
Not really sure I'd move him either. Especially for the garbage Flames fans seem to think he's worth. Apparently a college student being a college student drastically diminishes the value of a player. Laughable.

Then again, we did have a few on our side claiming Kristo had more value than Glencross. Glencross, had he agreed to be traded, could have potentially netted as much or more than they did with Iggy. Especially considering how valuable a low cost 25+ goal scorer is with the cap going down. Bouwmeester on the other hand... man what a piss poor return. Veering off track here, but I like the Flames. Iggy is one of my favorite players, so I've always had a soft spot, but as long as ownership continues to meddle with management, and Feaster continues to mismanage assets, I fear the Flames are in trouble... for a while. But at least it means top 5 picks and trades for young promising talent like a Kristo.

Let's be honest about his value though. He's NOT worth a mere 2nd rounder and he's not nearly enough for Glencross.

Old
06-21-2013, 09:17 AM
btallett

i would puke all over my computer if we traded for any of calgary's forwards. No thank you there !!

btallett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-21-2013, 09:27 AM
Petes2424

Quote:

Is it logical that Knight has been "briefed" by the Flames on who they are or are not trading for or is it logical that Montreal just signed him and now is going to deal him? How logical is it that maybe he's coming out of the closet, or really is going to go streaking?

Who knows.. He's a young guy who we dont even know coupled the word Newark into the sentence with Millions... Or maybe Knight didnt know Kristo was drafted already.. Who knows. We can come up with several logical things but Knight having a sit down with Feaster probably isnt high on that list...

Petes2424 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-21-2013, 09:41 AM
White Spy
Spy vs Blades

Quote:
Is it logical that Knight has been "briefed" by the Flames on who they are or are not trading for or is it logical that Montreal just signed him and now is going to deal him? How logical is it that maybe he's coming out of the closet, or really is going to go streaking?

Who knows.. He's a young guy who we dont even know coupled the word Newark into the sentence with Millions... Or maybe Knight didnt know Kristo was drafted already.. Who knows. We can come up with several logical things but Knight having a sit down with Feaster probably isnt high on that list...
Knight didn't know he was drafted yet? Kristo was drafted in 08. Knight and Kristo have been teammates and great friends at UND for years.

Old
06-21-2013, 10:38 AM
Adirondack Flames
moving.... again!?!?

vCash: 50
Quote:
what other possible conclusion is there? is he going to run in wearing a Habs jersey, hit the GM with a chair during their pic, tear his jersey off only to reveal a Flames jersey?

Quote:

Kristo & Knight are very good friends, he knows he was drafted. The friendship they share would be the source of any info, not the Flames.

Adirondack Flames is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-21-2013, 10:38 AM
Nolan11

Havlat + 2014 1st interest you for Kristo + 2nd (2013)?

Nolan11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-21-2013, 10:43 AM
PATCHESx67

no we're keeping Danny Kristo,could careless if the Flames signed all hes teammates.We have the best one

PATCHESx67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-21-2013, 11:34 AM
Frozenice
the random dude

Quote:
Knight didn't know he was drafted yet? Kristo was drafted in 08. Knight and Kristo have been teammates and great friends at UND for years.
That's funny, to think that a college player wouldn't know if one of his friends and teammates was drafted or not.

I've thought Kristo was on the outs with our team for a while so losing him wouldn't be a big deal to me, besides with Gallagher, Gionta, Leblanc, Collberg and maybe Hudon, it's not an area of need for us to worry about if we lose him.

Frozenice is offline   Reply With Quote