HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > National Hockey League Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
National Hockey League Talk Discuss NHL players, teams, games, and the Stanley Cup Playoffs.

Toronto Question, PLEASE HELP

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
01-06-2004, 05:36 PM
  #1
The Real
Registered User
 
The Real's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: Buffalo, NY
Country: United States
Posts: 1,161
vCash: 500
Toronto Question, PLEASE HELP

Maybe the wrong place, but a friend just told me that the Leafs went on an 18 game unbeaten streak. 16 wins and two ties.

Can anyone confirm or deny?

Thanks

The Real is offline  
Old
01-06-2004, 05:42 PM
  #2
NJ_Devil_Boy
Registered User
 
NJ_Devil_Boy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Toronto, CANADA
Country: Canada
Posts: 8,840
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Real
Maybe the wrong place, but a friend just told me that the Leafs went on an 18 game unbeaten streak. 16 wins and two ties.

Can anyone confirm or deny?

Thanks
Here is their schedule in November & December. Check it out yourself. :p


h**p://sports.yahoo.com/nhl/teams/tor/schedule?v=cal&m=11&y=2003
h**p://sports.yahoo.com/nhl/teams/tor/schedule?v=cal&m=12&y=2003

NJ_Devil_Boy is offline  
Old
01-06-2004, 07:54 PM
  #3
Mack
Registered User
 
Mack's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: Prince George, BC
Country: Canada
Posts: 11,586
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to Mack
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Real
Maybe the wrong place, but a friend just told me that the Leafs went on an 18 game unbeaten streak. 16 wins and two ties.

Can anyone confirm or deny?

Thanks

it was 16 games with a point in them. not unbeaten
it was 16 games. they tied the avs and someother team for longest ever.

they had a few ties and an OT loss rest were wins.

Mack is offline  
Old
01-06-2004, 08:05 PM
  #4
Psycho Papa Joe
Porkchop Hoser
 
Psycho Papa Joe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Cesspool, Ontario
Country: Canada
Posts: 23,356
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mack
it was 16 games with a point in them. not unbeaten
it was 16 games. they tied the avs and someother team for longest ever.

they had a few ties and an OT loss rest were wins.
The longest ever is 35 games by the 1980 Flyers.

Psycho Papa Joe is offline  
Old
01-06-2004, 08:34 PM
  #5
Mack
Registered User
 
Mack's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: Prince George, BC
Country: Canada
Posts: 11,586
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to Mack
Quote:
Originally Posted by Psycho Joe
The longest ever is 35 games by the 1980 Flyers.

ok it was one of the longest since then

Mack is offline  
Old
01-07-2004, 07:52 AM
  #6
ExplosiveLEAFman
Registered User
 
ExplosiveLEAFman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Posts: 1,661
vCash: 500
Didn't the Pens win 17 or 18 straight in 92?

ExplosiveLEAFman is offline  
Old
01-07-2004, 09:38 AM
  #7
HF2002
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: Ottawa
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,840
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by explosivethinman
Didn't the Pens win 17 or 18 straight in 92?
It was something like that, but I think it was '93. Maybe a Pens fan(if there are any left) can confirm that it was '93.

Poor timing though. They peaked right before the playoffs and subsequently lost to the Islanders in the first round on an OT goal in game 7. I can still see the goal for some reason. I do recall that it was a huge upset.

HF2002 is offline  
Old
01-07-2004, 10:34 AM
  #8
chicky
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: K-W
Posts: 24
vCash: 500
It was 16 games with a point which is tied for the longest (with the Avalanche and the Devils) since they introduced the point for an overtime loss.
The Leafs streak consists of 14 wins, 1 tie and 1 overtime loss.

chicky is offline  
Old
01-07-2004, 10:42 AM
  #9
ExplosiveLEAFman
Registered User
 
ExplosiveLEAFman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Posts: 1,661
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by HF2002
It was something like that, but I think it was '93. Maybe a Pens fan(if there are any left) can confirm that it was '93.

Poor timing though. They peaked right before the playoffs and subsequently lost to the Islanders in the first round on an OT goal in game 7. I can still see the goal for some reason. I do recall that it was a huge upset.


Yeah, that was a huge upset. If I remember correctly the Penguins were still two time defending cup champions and won a ton of points that year. Healy made some huge saves throughout those playoffs. I think that was a second round matchup though because I believe the Isles had an equally exciting first round match up with the Caps.

ExplosiveLEAFman is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:46 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.