HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Philadelphia Flyers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Possible Replacements for Briere.

Old
06-18-2013, 05:39 PM
LegionOfDoom91

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by jabba2 View Post
Straka and Raffl could possibly fiull in for Briere at some point this year. Otherwise it will be Schenn and Couturier moving up a spot. Not really worried about replacing Briere's production from last season. They can find a FA on the cheap too.
I think Straka stays in Adirondack for the year, Raffl could be an option or at least a call up guy.

I'm more interested in seeing Noebels get a call-up this season the most though.

LegionOfDoom91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-18-2013, 05:44 PM
Cootsfanclub
Fire Berube

Quote:
Originally Posted by sobrien View Post
Flanagan is going to surprise a lot of people come training camp time. I have a good feeling about him making the team.

Cootsfanclub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-18-2013, 06:42 PM
sobrien
RAFFLCOPTER

vCash: 880
Quote:
Originally Posted by LegionOfDoom91 View Post
I think Straka stays in Adirondack for the year, Raffl could be an option or at least a call up guy.

I'm more interested in seeing Noebels get a call-up this season the most though.
I agree about Noebels. He was a lot of fun to watch when he caught fire with the Titans. But I really feel the NHL forward group is set unless we start trading guys.

sobrien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-18-2013, 06:46 PM
LegionOfDoom91

Quote:
I agree about Noebels. He was a lot of fun to watch when he caught fire with the Titans. But I really feel the NHL forward group is set unless we start trading guys.
I was meaning as a possible injury call-up there assuming he plays well in Adirondack next year too.

LegionOfDoom91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-18-2013, 06:48 PM
sa cyred
Offseason...

Quote:
Well according to Prior and the Flyers management they stated:

For Raffl they beleive he is NHL ready and ready to contribute. It will depend on how he adjusts.

For Straka they stated that they beleive he will be one to push hard for a roster spot.

They havent said this about any other players. Wouldnt be surprised if any one of them do. Also don't know if the NHL group is set when there are two spots open. Could they sign a guy? Absolutely and I expect them to. But for the last spot I wouldnt be surprised if they leave it up to a rookie to make it.

sa cyred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-18-2013, 10:10 PM
PHILOUDELPHIA

facebook and twitter have begun showing flyers interest in bobby ryan, if we get him, that surely would end bryz.

PHILOUDELPHIA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-18-2013, 10:25 PM
lancer247

I think this flyers team was built to outscore PITT to get to the cup. Now I think they need to tweak the make up to compete better against teams like BOS, NYR,OTT, NJ, etc.

Replace Briere with McGinn, Malone, or Zubrus

lancer247 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-21-2013, 11:45 AM
mailman89

Quote:
Originally Posted by SgtJoseph View Post
Mason Raymond is a very interesting possibility.......He can absolutely fly on skates, tremendous acceleration etc...Might be worth looking at in my view.
Ryder always seems big goals

mailman89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-21-2013, 12:06 PM
kicksave27

I'd like to resign Hall, he's actually good on draws. Try to give up less goals than the other team instead of trying to be the first team to 5 goals and see what happens. Just once I'd like the flyers to not do something over the top in the offseason and just make a solid smart move. I'm OK with Streit, since he didn't really cost us anything. But taking from our weekeness D to get get ryan doesn't make sense. I truly think he's ours once his deal with ANH is up. Which will give us a sick top 6, and by then hopefully a cheaper, younger, better D. And calder caliber mason.

kicksave27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-21-2013, 12:14 PM
flyersfan187

Send a message via AIM to flyersfan187 Send a message via Skype™ to flyersfan187
If Brad Richards gets bought out he will be the replacement I am almost positive. You can then move Schenn to wing, keep Couts as the third line guy to help along his development and have the option to either bring in a fourth line center or bring up Laughton.

flyersfan187 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-21-2013, 12:17 PM
Cootsfanclub
Fire Berube

Quote:
Originally Posted by flyersfan187 View Post
If Brad Richards gets bought out he will be the replacement I am almost positive. You can then move Schenn to wing, keep Couts as the third line guy to help along his development and have the option to either bring in a fourth line center or bring up Laughton.
Schenn looked pretty bad on the wing last year and he was on a line with Giroux.

Cootsfanclub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-21-2013, 12:51 PM
Snipsnap12

Quote:
Originally Posted by flyersfan187 View Post
im not sure keeping couturier constantly in the bottom six is going to help along his offensive development... his defensive game is already the best on the team so he just needs to blossom into the point producer he can be.

Snipsnap12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-21-2013, 01:09 PM
ahthorne

Well, Lavi loves to run with the 3 offensive lines. For a lot of this past year there were too many injuries to run 3 lines, but at the end of the year we had it looking like this:

Gagne - Giroux - Voracek
Hartnell - B. Schenn - Briere
Read - Couturier - Simmonds
Fedotenko - Hall - Rosehill/Knuble

OR

Gagne - Giroux - Voracek
Read - B. Schenn - Simmonds
Hartnell - Couturier - Briere
Fedotenko - Hall - Rosehill/Knuble

I think the forward group will work in pairings. I'm hoping Giroux+Voracek, Schenn+Simmonds, Couturier+Hartnell, Laughton+Talbot. Fill in the blanks, then. Read and Rinaldo unless something changes and then likely a pair of top-9 forwards - be in promoting from within (McGinn, Raffl) or a UFA signing (Brunner/whoever!) or resigning (Gagne).

ahthorne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-21-2013, 01:45 PM
Pantokrator
Who's the clown?

I would like to see the Flyers get Gaustad. He would be a great 4th liner who can win faceoffs. I'd also like to see if we could resign Jagr for cheap and Gagne.

I don't want to find some old guy and give him a long term contract to take up space on the roster and eat up cap space. I really think that Richards will be the replacement - 8 years 52 million. Then, after the next lockout, we can use one of the buyouts to buy him out with 2 years left to use that space to buy some old center to an 8 year 52 million contract. Holmgren is cursed like Atlas to continue to do the same contract over and over again.

Pantokrator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-21-2013, 05:32 PM
EasyMac

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pantokrator View Post
I would like to see the Flyers get Gaustad. He would be a great 4th liner who can win faceoffs. I'd also like to see if we could resign Jagr for cheap and Gagne.
Gaustad's cap hit is 3.25 million, he definitely wouldn't be traded for to put on the 4th line.

EasyMac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-21-2013, 10:02 PM
Pantokrator
Who's the clown?

Quote:
Originally Posted by EasyMac View Post
Gaustad's cap hit is 3.25 million, he definitely wouldn't be traded for to put on the 4th line.
Crud, I was thinking he was unrestricted.

Pantokrator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-21-2013, 10:44 PM
Beastieboy

Quote:
He is a possible compliance buy-out candidate and that would make him unrestricted...

Beastieboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-21-2013, 10:46 PM
sobrien
RAFFLCOPTER

vCash: 880
Quote:
If they buy him out, which is possible....him and SHEA WEBER!

/wishfulthinking

sobrien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-22-2013, 07:59 AM
Curufinwe

vCash: 50
Quote:
Boyd Gordon is a UFA.

Curufinwe is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-22-2013, 08:57 AM
CanuckistanFlyerfan

Brieres grand total of 22 goals over the last TWO seasons and his lackadaisical play without the puck should be the easiest fix on Holmgrens plate. Not to mention the $6.5 mil cap freedom.

CanuckistanFlyerfan is offline   Reply With Quote