HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Chicago Blackhawks
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

The Draft 2013

Closed Thread

Old
06-21-2013, 10:15 AM
unbridledid

vCash: 500
Zero huh...ok then that isn't very high. I understand the value of having a stable of young prospects can be overrated, just ask Vancouver.

So if Leddy's agent asks for 3.5 do you give him that ? What is his market value in your opinion ? If he gets say 3.5, how much do you want tied up in our top 5, because that would be a big piece of the pie ?

What do you think he could get then if we go with your theory ?

Last edited by unbridledid: 06-21-2013 at 10:27 AM.
Old
06-21-2013, 10:30 AM
DisgruntledHawkFan

Send a message via ICQ to DisgruntledHawkFan
Why would he get more than Subban?

Old
06-21-2013, 10:32 AM
DisgruntledHawkFan

That and we've already got a very full cupboard. We need NHL talent, we've got potential.

Old
06-21-2013, 10:39 AM
unbridledid

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisgruntledHawkFan View Post
Don't know what his agent will ask for..it was a hypothetical. I asked you what his market value was..would you give me a number ? He isn't going to be cheap...agreed. The Hawks have a chuck of their cap space tied up in their D right ?

That doesn't take into account Kane, Toews, Hossa. Again what/who do you think we could get for him. I know you don't want picks...

Many what if's.. but if his agent is playing hardball, you are offered picks, and your scouts are high on guys...

Old
06-21-2013, 10:41 AM
DisgruntledHawkFan

Depends on term obviously... But I'd expect a touch over two million gets Leddy done.

To trade him I'd want a young player with comparable upside.

Old
06-21-2013, 10:43 AM
unbridledid

Quote:
Depends on term obviously... But I'd expect a touch over two million gets Leddy done.

If we can get Leddy for a touch over two million for three years... I would be quite pleased.

Old
06-21-2013, 10:45 AM
DisgruntledHawkFan

It'd probably be two that cheap. The closer it gets to 3 or 3+ it'd be eating up some Arbitration/UFA years.

Old
06-21-2013, 11:02 AM
HawksFan37

Quote:
That's the argument I make if I'm Hawks management, and it's a damn good argument. There's no way he should get more than Subban on a bridge contract like that.

Of course, the agent won't care about that and will come up with some crazy demands most likely.

Old
06-21-2013, 11:05 AM
HawksFan37

Quote:

Agreed on what I'd want back for Leddy, preferably a young player with upside on an entry-level contract that already has a little NHL experience.

Old
06-21-2013, 11:08 AM
UsernameWasTaken
Let's Go Blue Jays!

Quote:
Subban is on a bridge contract. If they're only offering Leddy 2 years then I'd agree it shouldn't be for more than Subban...but if they want him for a longer contract then they can't very well use the aav of a bridge contract as comparison.

Old
06-21-2013, 01:25 PM
hockeydoug

Another benefit to the Oduya trade and signing. Leddy has been getting a little less ice time and will be a little cheaper whether it's a 2 year bridge or a 4yr x 3+.
I don't want a 2 yr bridge contract with Saad, Toews, Kane, and Leddy all up for a contract at the same time. I think a 4 year deal with a larger (and more painful) cap hit is the way to go as long as they can avoid trade restrictions on the contract.

Old
06-21-2013, 01:47 PM
Hawks82

If Leddy is dealt, I'd like to see a 2nd line C in return.

If Colorado drafts MacKinnon, they'll have an overabundance of C's.

Leddy for ROR or Stastny?

Old
06-21-2013, 03:06 PM
HawksFan37

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawks82 View Post
If Leddy is dealt, I'd like to see a 2nd line C in return.

If Colorado drafts MacKinnon, they'll have an overabundance of C's.

Leddy for ROR or Stastny?
Don't think the Hawks would have cap room next year for either of those guys without moving some big piece, as much as I do like O'Reilly.

Old
06-21-2013, 03:10 PM
Blackhawkswincup
Global Moderator

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by HawksFan37 View Post
Don't think the Hawks would have cap room next year for either of those guys without moving some big piece, as much as I do like O'Reilly.
Also because of offer sheet ROR cant be traded until after next years trade deadline so it is a moot point

Old
06-21-2013, 03:11 PM
DisgruntledHawkFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by UsernameWasTaken View Post
Subban is on a bridge contract. If they're only offering Leddy 2 years then I'd agree it shouldn't be for more than Subban...but if they want him for a longer contract then they can't very well use the aav of a bridge contract as comparison.
Agreed. Id like Leddy locked up, but if its tight we can certainly keep him for a few years cheap.

Old
06-21-2013, 03:11 PM
Blackhawkswincup
Global Moderator

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by unbridledid View Post
So if Leddy's agent asks for 3.5 do you give him that ? What is his market value in your opinion ? If he gets say 3.5, how much do you want tied up in our top 5, because that would be a big piece of the pie ??
No you laugh at absurd demand and then qualify him and tell him either get serious or go look for some other club to offer sheet him at that price (Wont happen)

Old
06-21-2013, 03:44 PM
Bubba88
Toews = Savior

Leddy for 16th + 2nd? WHY?

the guy we are going to draft around that won't do anything for us in the next 3 years.

Leddy for a Top5 pick for sure, for anything less I'd rather keep him

Old
06-21-2013, 04:21 PM
SLarmer28

Quote:
Zero huh...ok then that isn't very high. I understand the value of having a stable of young prospects can be overrated, just ask Vancouver.

So if Leddy's agent asks for 3.5 do you give him that ? What is his market value in your opinion ? If he gets say 3.5, how much do you want tied up in our top 5, because that would be a big piece of the pie ?

What do you think he could get then if we go with your theory ?
If Leddy is seeking $3.5 million per season, I would trade Nick Leddy and Dave Bolland to the Toronto Maple Leafs for Jake Gardiner, Joe Colborne, and a 2013 NHL draft pick.

Old
06-21-2013, 04:35 PM
unbridledid

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackhawkswincup View Post
No you laugh at absurd demand and then qualify him and tell him either get serious or go look for some other club to offer sheet him at that price (Wont happen)
What would the compensation be if a team offered him 3.5 ? A first and third I believe ? Is that too steep a price for a good team to pay ?

Old
06-21-2013, 05:04 PM
hawksfan50

You trade Leddy because Clendenning takes his spot cheaper...you cannot have both him and Clendenning and Keith all in the same lineup because they are smaller PMD dmen...Keith is much better defensively..Clendenning'a probably qb's our Pp...and Leddy has flaws with both those aspects..but he is youngest and so maybe some team values what he might become on anothet couple of years...we cannot wait...especially of his cap cost ruins our keeping Bickell whp is a fat greater priority yo retain...Nesides if Leddy strsigjt up or in a package with a Rockford prospect, can bring us another first rounder in this deep draft it will brong bacl big dovidends...I believe ee have to qualify him at 10% more to rdtain his RFA rights. ..if he accepts that on a three year deal...maybe that is cheap enough sicj that we stillcan dign Bickell. .but if the tally cpmes back $500-600k over budget tostay within what we need to sigm Nickell and leave a bit of cap room then that wil be $500-600K TOO MUCH to inflate Leddy's contract...so he probably is a gonner..I still yhink he is mis-used..he should be moved to forward...he woulf be more effective as an attacking winger.

Old
06-21-2013, 05:07 PM
UsernameWasTaken
Let's Go Blue Jays!

Quote:
Originally Posted by hawksfan50 View Post
You trade Leddy because Clendenning takes his spot cheaper...you cannot have both him and Clendenning and Keith all in the same lineup because they are smaller PMD dmen...Keith is much better defensively..Clendenning'a probably qb's our Pp...and Leddy has flaws with both those aspects..but he is youngest and so maybe some team values what he might become on anothet couple of years...we cannot wait...especially of his cap cost ruins our keeping Bickell whp is a fat greater priority yo retain...Nesides if Leddy strsigjt up or in a package with a Rockford prospect, can bring us another first rounder in this deep draft it will brong bacl big dovidends...I believe ee have to qualify him at 10% more to rdtain his RFA rights. ..if he accepts that on a three year deal...maybe that is cheap enough sicj that we stillcan dign Bickell. .but if the tally cpmes back $500-600k over budget tostay within what we need to sigm Nickell and leave a bit of cap room then that wil be $500-600K TOO MUCH to inflate Leddy's contract...so he probably is a gonner..I still yhink he is mis-used..he should be moved to forward...he woulf be more effective as an attacking winger.
Clendenning has not played even one game in the NHL and there's no guarantee he's ready to play - in fact, from what i've heard, there's a good chance he isn't.

It would be stupid to trade a good young player and assume that an unproven quantity can take over.

Old
06-21-2013, 05:16 PM
SLarmer28

Quote:
What would the compensation be if a team offered him 3.5 ? A first and third I believe ? Is that too steep a price for a good team to pay ?
A good team can't afford to pay Nick Leddy $3.5 million since they are in the same salary cap dilemma as the Blackhawks. Now a team like Calgary, with a knucklehead for a general manager, may offer sheet Leddy since they dumped salary this past season.

Old
06-21-2013, 05:21 PM
unbridledid

Quote:
Originally Posted by SLarmer28 View Post
A good team can't afford to pay Nick Leddy $3.5 million since they are in the same salary cap dilemma as the Blackhawks. Now a team like Calgary, with a knucklehead for a general manager, may offer sheet Leddy since they dumped salary this past season.
How many teams have the same cap situation as the Hawks ?

Old
06-21-2013, 05:23 PM
unbridledid

Quote:
Originally Posted by hawksfan50 View Post

Fiddy when did you turn the corner on Clendening ? I asked you this before because you said the guy couldn't make it.

Nothing wrong with changing your mind. Did you see him play several games or read his stat sheet or ?

Old
06-21-2013, 05:31 PM
SLarmer28

Quote:
How many teams have the same cap situation as the Hawks ?
Plenty

http://www.capgeek.com/

Closed Thread