HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Free Agent Frenzy
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Free Agent Frenzy Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Jonathan Bernier Race Down to 3 Teams (TOR, PHI, MIN)

Closed Thread

Old
06-21-2013, 04:01 PM
Liferleafer
Bring on Stome-afin!

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by DimMak View Post
Which is why I said I have my doubts.

word is dean has been trying to get back into the 1st round of this draft.
Anyone wondering if this is more than just Bernier? If the Leafs are offering the 1st plus....i wonder if this becomes a bigger deal....

Old
06-21-2013, 04:01 PM
Mikeyg
Best in the World

you know, a lot of us are saying how just bernier doesnt make a lot of sense, maybe its something bigger?

Old
06-21-2013, 04:02 PM
this providence
Chips in Bed Theorem

Based on the last series of posts, the Wild have neither a first nor a young (somewhat valuable, or more) defenseman that will be included in a trade.

If the Wild are seriously involved, and I've heard as much for a few weeks, Clutterbuck or Setoguchi would likely the name going the other way.

After Meaningless Win - 3/29/12 - Game 77 | SoH-"Who knows, that could have cost us a Cup tonight." | Dooohkay
Old
06-21-2013, 04:04 PM
CodeE

Quote:
Originally Posted by AKL View Post
Wat.
Suter, Scandella, Brodin, Dumba, Gilbert, Spurgeron, Falk, etc.

Flyers could give up Meszaros, Coburn, Schenn, etc. as part of the package. They'll likely need to move a contract anyway.

I don't want to get into an argument about this guy being more valuable than that guy, or "we'd never trade [Player X]!" but there are pieces that the Kings might be interested in, especially with Scuderi hitting UFA.

Old
HawkinMI

I see Philly. They've got a few young wingers that I think would really entice LA into making a deal. As stated many times before, Matt Read makes a ton of sense.

Edit: Why would LA be looking for a defenseman? They've got plenty.

Old
Rinzler

Quote:
Originally Posted by PWJunior View Post
Because Snow knows he doesn't have to overpay and can just move onto other options.
Yeah. I think the Isles need a starter. They are a playoff team, Bernier doesn't make sense, too much risk and nothing to fall back on.

I think it makes sense for them to sign a veteran (or trade for one), or re-sign Nabokov.

Old
06-21-2013, 04:05 PM
AKL
#AnyoneButThem

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by CodeE View Post
Suter, Scandella, Brodin, Dumba, Gilbert, Spurgeron, Falk, etc.

Flyers could give up Meszaros, Coburn, Schenn, etc. as part of the package. They'll likely need to move a contract anyway.

I don't want to get into an argument about this guy being more valuable than that guy, or "we'd never trade [Player X]!" but there are pieces that the Kings might be interested in, especially with Scuderi hitting UFA.
By all means if they want Gilbert or Falk, yes please. Scandella and Spurgeon are #4-6 at best right now. Brodin is going absolutely nowhere, especially not for Bernier. Suter is in the same boat.

Old
06-21-2013, 04:06 PM
North Metro Peewees

Quote:
Originally Posted by this providence View Post
Based on the last series of posts, the Wild have neither a first nor a young (somewhat valuable, or more) defenseman that will be included in a trade.

If the Wild are seriously involved, and I've heard as much for a few weeks, Clutterbuck or Setoguchi would likely the name going the other way.
In my mind Clutterbuck fits LA better and then add either Gustafson or Kuemper. The Wild wouldn't have space plus LA will want a young goalie prospect for the future.

Old
06-21-2013, 04:07 PM
golffuul

I'm actually going to say that Bernier will go to Minnesota, if Backstrom doesn't resign. Otherwise, he's going to Philly.

Old
Goalchenyuk87

Why would Minnesota want Bernier since they already have a great goalie in Backstrom.

Reimer was very solid in playoff and he is a good reason why Leafs fan got into playoffs.

The only option should be NYI,NJ, Philly.

NJ since Brodeur might be playing his last season.

Old
Karnage420*

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingCanadain1976 View Post
If were trading scheen and/or Coultier we better be getting back Rickhards and/or Corter or no deal.

lol then no trade richards isnt going anywhere

the top part of this come from the last thread not me
top 5 post ever on HFboards.

Just incredible...

guy cant even spell "canadian" right. Good lord...

Old
06-21-2013, 04:08 PM
AKL
#AnyoneButThem

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goalchenyuk87 View Post
Why would Minnesota want Bernier since they already have a great goalie in Backstrom.

Reimer was very solid in playoff and he is a good reason why Leafs fan got into playoffs.

The only option should be NYI,NJ, Philly.

NJ since Brodeur might be playing his last season.
Backstrom is a UFA who may or may not walk, and if he doesn't, it's very likely he'll be asking for more money than we're willing to give.

Old
06-21-2013, 04:08 PM
HawkinMI

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goalchenyuk87 View Post
Who may not re-sign. Harding is good, but his injuries are definitely a concern, and Kuemper looks promising... but this is a playoff team. They're going to need to have another option.

Old
06-21-2013, 04:09 PM
LotteryForLife*

Quote:
If were trading scheen and/or Coultier we better be getting back Rickhards and/or Corter or no deal.

Hopefully no one of great importance read this disaster

Old
06-21-2013, 04:10 PM
Boba Fettuccine
Pastafarian

vCash: 69
Quote:

It's too early to be drinking! Wait at least another 45 minutes

Old
06-21-2013, 04:10 PM
Reclamation Project
Technically Missing

Defensemen?

It's been said a million times: left wingers, prospects, or picks. In that order.

Old
06-21-2013, 04:11 PM
this providence
Chips in Bed Theorem

Quote:
Originally Posted by NM Squirts View Post
In my mind Clutterbuck fits LA better and then add either Gustafson or Kuemper. The Wild wouldn't have space plus LA will want a young goalie prospect for the future.
I don't think they'll be moving either Kuemper or Gustafsson, especially Gustafsson. Even if they were to hypothetically get Bernier in a trade. Both are controlled for a while longer yet, that it does not give the Wild value in moving them.

If Clutterbuck or Setoguchi are moving, I don't think much will be accompanying either outside of something minor. That may not be enough for LA if they want to hold out for more elsewhere, but after the Pominville trade I don't think they're looking to move multiple assets in yet another trade for a single player.

Old
CodeE

Quote:
Originally Posted by cnshockey View Post
Sorry but your theory is wrong. Despite uncertainty with Willie Mitchell/Rob Scuderi situations, we actually have too many D. We don't need D. We also have an incredible defensive defenseman prospect named Kevin Gravel, who no one talks about but I expect to do big things with this team. We also have Forbort and Deslauriers in the wings, as well as some other decent prospects. Really the only area we lack is at the left wing position.
Quote:
Originally Posted by santiclaws View Post
The Kings have defensemen coming out of their ears. They don't need another.
I live in LA and watch a ton of Kings hockey. IMO, the Kings have a lot of defenseman, but could use higher quality players. Doughty & Voynov are solid, but Greene, Mitchell, and Regehr are all older and injury prone. Meanwhile, guys like Muzzin, Martinez, and Ellerby are decent but none have yet to establish themselves like Voynov has. Got a couple prospects but every team has prospects waiting in the wings.

Old
Darth Milbury
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by LotteryForLife View Post
Hopefully no one of great importance read this disaster
Rickhards and Corter would make great wingers for Taveres.

Maybe the Isles could put together a package of Okoopos and Biley to make it happen.

06-21-2013, 04:12 PM
MsWoof

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rinzler View Post
It's because the Leafs don't have an established starter. Bernier is ready to compete for a starting role but he's not going to be given it at this stage.

In my opinion Bernier needs to go to a place to be in a 1a/1b kind of situation. Toronto is a good fit.
I agree. I watch the Kings all the time and the Leafs from time to time and I think this would work. Let them fight it out. I also think Bernier is the better of the two, he is very calm in the net and has a better glove and rebound control.

Old
06-21-2013, 04:14 PM
frankthetank91

I will be one of the few positives on this site: I hope the Leafs land Jonathan Bernier. No matter who is rumoured to who on these boards fan reaction is usually: "Please ___ don't offer for him!!!"

I personally want him. Confessions of a Leaf fan: While I like Reimer he is one of those goalies who has the ability to steal games but still not trust him the next game. Harsh reality but that's how I feel, he is good but inconsistent. I want some healthy competition in goal. Let them compete and then flip the other down the road.

Old
06-21-2013, 04:14 PM
AKL
#AnyoneButThem

Quote:
I live in LA and watch a ton of Kings hockey. IMO, the Kings have a lot of defenseman, but could use higher quality players. Doughty & Voynov are solid, but Greene, Mitchell, and Regehr are all older and injury prone. Meanwhile, guys like Muzzin, Martinez, and Ellerby are decent but none have yet to establish themselves like Voynov has. Got a couple prospects but every team has prospects waiting in the wings.
Yeah but you also think the Wild and Flyers can afford to give up young valuable defenseman. And you think the Wild would do this for someone who barely isn't a goalie prospect anymore.

Your opinion is not very good.

Old
06-21-2013, 04:15 PM
CNS
A World Alone

Quote:
Nope. We're more than content with our D. Only two we don't love are Regehr and Ellerby. But Ellerby won't even play for us.

Old
06-21-2013, 04:15 PM
Christ

Still wondering why the Leafs need to bid for a guy like Bernier when they already have a quality young starter in Reimer...almost think that the rumour mongers are throwing in the Leafs as a way to boost the number of hits to their website. My money says that Philly will make a run for him.

Old
06-21-2013, 04:17 PM
Duffman955

Quote:
Originally Posted by HockeyGuruPitka View Post
I want Bernier on Toronto because he was ready and willing to drop the Mits with Crawford.
Reimer was ready to drop them with Markstrom

Closed Thread