HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Chicago Blackhawks
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Fire Joel Quenneville (part II)

Closed Thread

Old
06-21-2013, 10:46 AM
Kurtosis
Trying Not To Suck

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawkaholic View Post
Right,

3G, 3A..+8 eating up 22+mins a night.

He hasn't done a thing.
I was just trying to say something as hyperbolic and inane as what you said.

Old
06-21-2013, 10:48 AM
Pepe Silvia

vCash: 1344
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marotte Marauder View Post
I see this a lot on the forum, yet nobody ever points to an in game adjustment or strategy he has successfully implemented. Lines mixed in a blender, Kruger at 2C, Sharp never back at 2C? Change up the forechecking scheme, effectively dump and chase? What? Show me something.
The Hawks have been successful when they have an aggressive forecheck, pinching dmen, etc. I get frustrated at the lack of dumping and chasing too, but that isn't Chicago's game. It can be annoying when guys like Kane hold onto the puck at the blue line and turn it over, but then there's times when he creates a big scoring chance.

Sharp is not going to play C. You're just going to have to accept that. And there's no reason for Kruger to be the 2C right now. Handzus has been fine for the most part.

It's not Quenneville's fault every time the team plays like **** or Hossa leaves the game in warm ups. Most of what you're complaining about is grasping at straws.

Old
06-21-2013, 10:51 AM
DisgruntledHawkFan

Send a message via ICQ to DisgruntledHawkFan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kurtosis View Post
Listen, Oduya has made a glut of mistakes as well as a good amount of good plays; I never said he hasn't been an asset though as he is a pretty good skater and generally helps out the offense. He has, however, made a ton of terrible decisions and is generally extremely soft on the puck.

Playing Leddy for less than 3 minutes and having the others log that amount of time is not the way to go in my opinion.
This sums up my feelings. Excellent post.

...for a self admitted idiot 8p

Old
06-21-2013, 10:52 AM
Pepe Silvia

vCash: 1344
Quote:
Originally Posted by DisgruntledHawkFan View Post
I wouldn't say far. Leddy's been really good before this series.
That's why I said at this point

Old
06-21-2013, 03:41 PM
Bubba88
Toews = Savior

vCash: 50
I still don't see why Oduya should get that much hate around here

Old
06-21-2013, 06:26 PM
zac

Quote:
Listen, Oduya has made a glut of mistakes as well as a good amount of good plays; I never said he hasn't been an asset though as he is a pretty good skater and generally helps out the offense. He has, however, made a ton of terrible decisions and is generally extremely soft on the puck.

Playing Leddy for less than 3 minutes and having the others log that amount of time is not the way to go in my opinion.
Oduya's biggest problems, by far, are his wretched decision making with he puck in the defensive zone (picked off passes and puck reversals that lead to lost possession), and an inability to discern when to pinch. If he'd pull his head out of his ass and improve in those areas he'd be a fine defenseman. If he was harder on the puck along the boards he'd be elite. He has all of the tools to be an elite dman (except a brain).

Old
06-21-2013, 06:33 PM
Kurtosis
Trying Not To Suck

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bubba88 View Post
I still don't see why Oduya should get that much hate around here
Then watch the games.

Old
06-21-2013, 07:08 PM
TorMenT
Go Blackhawks!

Quote:
Then watch the games.
I actually sort of agree with Oduya here. A lot of people decided when we signed him that he'd be on a short leash, and didn't really care for him. When you already have a bias against a player, you notice the flaws they make more often (BWC with McClellin, coldsteel with Bowman, Zac with Seabrook, etc.). Oduya does make turnovers, but so do all our other defensemen. The board makes a much bigger deal about Oduya doing it though. Proportionate to their time, I'll bet Leddy makes almost as many turnovers as Oduya. Oduya also makes quite a few great defensive plays, more than Leddy I would say.

Leddy is younger and signed cheaper, so people's expectations are lower, which makes sense, but in the SCF, contract size and age don't matter. Oduya has performed better overall than Leddy in the playoffs, even with his occasional mistakes. If it wasn't for the boards hard-on for Leddy, they would see that he's not playing all that well in the playoffs. I'm not saying Leddy has been bad, I'm just saying that everyone is really hard on Oduya, even though he is playing well.

And no, I'm not a Leddy hater, he's one of my favorite players. I sported his avatar before I switched to the Kompon avatar for LOL's.

Old
06-21-2013, 07:18 PM
HawksFan74
Tread Lightly

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sir Psycho T View Post
I think Q too often does things unnecessarily.

It's obvious Toews and Kane are magic together, why do they play together so selectively?

Thats just one of many gripes. That Q trying to be different or trying to be smart often times does things he doesn't need to.

Leddy playing 2 min last night? He hasn't played great fine but he isn't costing this team games either.
I think the problem with Leddy is he is a team high -8.

Closed Thread