HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Boston Bruins
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

League Rumors/Trades/Signings Discussion II (or III, or whatever)

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
06-22-2013, 08:43 AM
  #326
Mione134
Registered User
 
Mione134's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Hogwarts-617
Country: United States
Posts: 10,637
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by BIG BAD BRUINS View Post
Just a quick Calgary update, water is now up to row 14 of the lower bowl. Dressing rooms are destroyed and all the equipment for the score clock are also destroyed.


That's sad.

Mione134 is offline  
Old
06-22-2013, 09:49 AM
  #327
DKH
Registered User
 
DKH's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Posts: 27,445
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to DKH
Quote:
Originally Posted by OrrOverGretzky View Post
Agreed.

This isn't the proposal thread. (which then could be ignored)

Too bad we have to read through them to get to the League Rumors/Trades/Signings that the thread is actually titled after
watched a bunch of comments from Alain Vignault and he was very complimentary of the Bruins- including their style WOW. He brought them up a couple of times and as I always thought- he would love to coach this team and probably hate the Canucks. This is a guy who fought Terry OReilly and Al Secord among others. He may have been whiney last year but can you blame him his team was soft and getting the snot knocked out of them during the finals- what could he do? hire Aaron Hernandez.

Look for the Rangers to be very good next year- wonder what this means to Brad Richards

DKH is offline  
Old
06-23-2013, 11:47 AM
  #328
Shaun
beauty
 
Shaun's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Country: Italy
Posts: 21,286
vCash: 50
Jon Rosen ‏@lakingsinsider 1m
Jonathan Bernier has been traded to Toronto for Matt Frattin, Ben Scrivens, and a second round pick in 2014 or 2015 (Toronto's option)

Shaun is offline  
Old
06-23-2013, 11:55 AM
  #329
BrainOfJ
Heartbroken
 
BrainOfJ's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: State St.
Country: United States
Posts: 15,953
vCash: 500
Torontos got a sick duo now

BrainOfJ is online now  
Old
06-23-2013, 11:55 AM
  #330
N o o d l e s
Registered User
 
N o o d l e s's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: MA
Country: United States
Posts: 4,168
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shaun View Post
Jon Rosen ‏@lakingsinsider 1m
Jonathan Bernier has been traded to Toronto for Matt Frattin, Ben Scrivens, and a second round pick in 2014 or 2015 (Toronto's option)
That'a all they had to trade? Not bad at all.

Leafs fans will still find a way to trash it; Frattin's a future 40 goal scorer.

N o o d l e s is offline  
Old
06-23-2013, 01:55 PM
  #331
Grumpy Grizz
Registered User
 
Grumpy Grizz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Comox, Birthplace #8
Country: Canada
Posts: 473
vCash: 500
I'm surprised that is all the buds had to give up. I was sure the kings would get more for him than that, it's not even a '13 second rounder. What kind of power does Nonis posses, "these are not the players you're looking for"

Grumpy Grizz is offline  
Old
06-23-2013, 01:57 PM
  #332
Mr. Make-Believe
Moderator
Pass me another nail
 
Mr. Make-Believe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: Erotic Fantasies
Country: Canada
Posts: 19,796
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shaun View Post
Jon Rosen ‏@lakingsinsider 1m
Jonathan Bernier has been traded to Toronto for Matt Frattin, Ben Scrivens, and a second round pick in 2014 or 2015 (Toronto's option)
That's a pretty good trade I think, for both sides.

Well done.

Mr. Make-Believe is online now  
Old
06-23-2013, 02:05 PM
  #333
boston77
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Toronto
Country: Italy
Posts: 979
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Make-Believe View Post
That's a pretty good trade I think, for both sides.

Well done.
Not sure about that. For now the Leafs have the best player in the deal. However you have a very good back-up in Scrivens, the real wild card is Frattin. He is a power forward just starting to devlop, has speed and power. If you recall in the opening round he had a breakaway when it was 4-3 , if he scores there our season would have been over. Also the second round picks can be really valuable. Long term I say the Kings have the edge, for now Bernier is the best player. Time will tell in the long run.

boston77 is offline  
Old
06-23-2013, 02:14 PM
  #334
Kiss My Rask
VGHC
 
Kiss My Rask's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Wakefield, MA
Country: United States
Posts: 4,606
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by N o o d l e s View Post
That'a all they had to trade? Not bad at all.

Leafs fans will still find a way to trash it; Frattin's a future 40 goal scorer.
Since he's a free agent they got him for less

Kiss My Rask is offline  
Old
06-23-2013, 05:29 PM
  #335
Paddington
Registered User
 
Paddington's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Toronto
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,736
vCash: 50
Am I the only one who thinks trades should be barred until the finals are over? For example, the Flyers picked up Streit and were allowed to negotiate with him before he became a free agent. Are the Hawks and Bruins afforded that luxury? What if either team was thinking about picking up one of the players involved in the Bernier trade?

Paddington is offline  
Old
06-23-2013, 05:32 PM
  #336
EverettMike
Registered User
 
EverettMike's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Everett, MA
Country: United States
Posts: 20,588
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paddington View Post
Am I the only one who thinks trades should be barred until the finals are over? For example, the Flyers picked up Streit and were allowed to negotiate with him before he became a free agent. Are the Hawks and Bruins afforded that luxury? What if either team was thinking about picking up one of the players involved in the Bernier trade?
Totally agree. I have literally never understood this.

EverettMike is online now  
Old
06-23-2013, 05:36 PM
  #337
BrainOfJ
Heartbroken
 
BrainOfJ's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: State St.
Country: United States
Posts: 15,953
vCash: 500
We should trade for Giroux for games 6 and 7

BrainOfJ is online now  
Old
06-23-2013, 05:37 PM
  #338
N o o d l e s
Registered User
 
N o o d l e s's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: MA
Country: United States
Posts: 4,168
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paddington View Post
Am I the only one who thinks trades should be barred until the finals are over? For example, the Flyers picked up Streit and were allowed to negotiate with him before he became a free agent. Are the Hawks and Bruins afforded that luxury? What if either team was thinking about picking up one of the players involved in the Bernier trade?
The Bruins could have made those trades, they just couldn't use the players on the roster they acquired, right?

That being said, you're right. What GM is going to be going all out trying to wheel and deal while his team is in the middle of a best of 7 series for the Cup?

N o o d l e s is offline  
Old
06-23-2013, 06:26 PM
  #339
Mr. Make-Believe
Moderator
Pass me another nail
 
Mr. Make-Believe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: Erotic Fantasies
Country: Canada
Posts: 19,796
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by boston77 View Post
Not sure about that. For now the Leafs have the best player in the deal. However you have a very good back-up in Scrivens, the real wild card is Frattin. He is a power forward just starting to devlop, has speed and power. If you recall in the opening round he had a breakaway when it was 4-3 , if he scores there our season would have been over. Also the second round picks can be really valuable. Long term I say the Kings have the edge, for now Bernier is the best player. Time will tell in the long run.
I think you just accurately described a pretty good trade for both sides.

Mr. Make-Believe is online now  
Old
06-23-2013, 08:03 PM
  #340
neelynugs
Registered User
 
neelynugs's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Vote Quimby!
Posts: 29,554
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Make-Believe View Post
That's a pretty good trade I think, for both sides.

Well done.
but leafs fans were telling everyone that james reimer is the next glenn hall. i guess their GM disagrees. either way, hope they both suck and leafs finish 9th next season. and kessel gets beat up by nathan gerbe.

neelynugs is offline  
Old
06-23-2013, 08:14 PM
  #341
Shaun
beauty
 
Shaun's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Country: Italy
Posts: 21,286
vCash: 50
Bob McKenzie ‏@TSNBobMcKenzie 9s
Knock me over with a feather, but MTL has officially notified Tomas Kaberle that the dman will be MTL's second and final compliance buyout.

Shaun is offline  
Old
06-23-2013, 08:31 PM
  #342
boston77
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Toronto
Country: Italy
Posts: 979
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Make-Believe View Post
I think you just accurately described a pretty good trade for both sides.
I suppose. It depends on one's perspective. I look at trades in terms of a players career not initially but who will win in the long -run. Like the Kessel trade. Kessel is better now, but Seguin/Hamilton and Jared knight will outclass Kessels numbers by far. Despite his struggles in this play-off I think Segs will have a better career when he is done.

I would rather have the Kings side of the trade. I really like Frattin's development and that second rounder could turn into something special. Bernier is good but will he get you to the next level, he's young and never been a number one so there is an unknown quantity here. Also what is the message to Reimer, he is not the number one now he has to compete for it, how does he react if he is forced to the second spot?

boston77 is offline  
Old
06-23-2013, 09:22 PM
  #343
Gardiner Expressway
Registered User
 
Gardiner Expressway's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Posts: 627
vCash: 450
Leafs fan here in peace. Sorry if this is the wrong thread, seemed like the best spot for it.

How are things shaping up for the Bruins free agents? Are they considering re-signing Horton, Jagr, Ference? I know they are in a tight spot with Rask's massive impending contract.

Also, how does Savard's situation get handled? Does he count against the cap?

Thanks and GL tomorrow night.

Gardiner Expressway is offline  
Old
06-23-2013, 09:51 PM
  #344
Kelly23
Pedroia and Drew
 
Kelly23's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Boston
Country: United States
Posts: 5,177
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gardiner Expressway View Post
Leafs fan here in peace. Sorry if this is the wrong thread, seemed like the best spot for it.

How are things shaping up for the Bruins free agents? Are they considering re-signing Horton, Jagr, Ference? I know they are in a tight spot with Rask's massive impending contract.


Also, how does Savard's situation get handled? Does he count against the cap?

Thanks and GL tomorrow night.
Savard does not cout and Ference is good as gone. I think Jagr is gone Horton is a big maybe.

Kelly23 is offline  
Old
06-24-2013, 01:35 AM
  #345
pucci2001
Registered User
 
pucci2001's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 1,081
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kelly23 View Post
Savard does not cout and Ference is good as gone. I think Jagr is gone Horton is a big maybe.
I could see Jagr maybe reupping for cheap since you guys have done so well either that or just searching for the highest bidder and becoming a rental at the deadline again. I think Jagr was real good for you guys once you started to use him right he is still one of the best guys in the league when they get the puck in the offensive zone against the wall.
As for Ference and Horton dear lord I hope they get to free agency I could see Toronto going for both, at the least it would be some consolation to the Rask/Raycroft abomination lol. Horton will be a big loss but also maybe a relief since his health issues have to be looming especially after Savard. I am expecting him to get a deal almost as much as Lucic's which is a bit of an overpayment in my books but still worth it considering the free agent crop.

pucci2001 is offline  
Old
06-24-2013, 10:31 AM
  #346
Trap Jesus
Registered User
 
Trap Jesus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 9,338
vCash: 500
Good trade for the Leafs. I didn't see anything special in Frattin, and definitely not in Scrivens. I could see Frattin as turning out similar to someone like Stalberg. A guy who has a lot of good tools, and can succeed in a certain role on some good teams, but he hasn't put it all together, and might never do that.

I thought the Kings would have gotten more for Bernier, to be honest. That being said, this isn't a guarantee of anything because it takes a very mentally strong goalie to play well under the pressure of Toronto. Bernier has a lot of talent, but we'll see how he handles that market.

Trap Jesus is offline  
Old
06-24-2013, 10:33 AM
  #347
Trap Jesus
Registered User
 
Trap Jesus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 9,338
vCash: 500
The Bruins would probably love to bring Ference back but it doesn't make sense when you have cheaper young guys that have already somewhat proven themselves and you have to save money on the cap.

Jagr is gone. 0% chance he comes back to the Bruins.

I have no idea about Horton. I think a lot of it depends on what they have to pay for Tuukka. A lot of people have ripped on him the past couple years, but he's proven himself to be a very key member of the team and looks like an absolute playoff beast.

Trap Jesus is offline  
Old
06-24-2013, 11:16 AM
  #348
tom nuetten
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Germany
Country: Germany
Posts: 605
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trap Jesus View Post
The Bruins would probably love to bring Ference back but it doesn't make sense when you have cheaper young guys that have already somewhat proven themselves and you have to save money on the cap.

Jagr is gone. 0% chance he comes back to the Bruins.

I have no idea about Horton. I think a lot of it depends on what they have to pay for Tuukka. A lot of people have ripped on him the past couple years, but he's proven himself to be a very key member of the team and looks like an absolute playoff beast.

I agree... ference is a nice guy and was reliable the time he wear a bruins uniform, but I doubt that heŽll play for boston next season.. but who knows, I think he loves this town (and his family does) so I think he would sign for less money than he would get somewhere else.. and julien loves his vets (like every coach does)...

jagr is and should be gone after the next 2 (!) games...

hard to tell with horton.. heŽs invisible most times, even if he has a good game with multiple goals you donŽt see much of him he does score huge goals in the playoffs and is important for the chemistry...

if heŽs worth the money heŽll cost, I donŽt know

tom nuetten is offline  
Old
06-24-2013, 12:27 PM
  #349
corpfan1
Registered User
 
corpfan1's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Etobicoke
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,518
vCash: 500
Personally, I would rather see Ference back than Horton. I think Ference is a great team guy to have around the dressing room, etc...

Question is...will he accept $2M?

Would like to see Horton back too, but I doubt he will accept $4.5M and his injury history scares me (concussions and shoulder separations...both tend to re-occur). Plus Soderberg needs a spot to fit in.

Next year's lines:

Lucic - Krejci - Soderberg
Marchand - Bergeron - Seguin
Spooner - Kelly - ??
Paille - Campbell - Thornton

Chara - Boychuk
Hamilton - Seidenberg
Krug - Ference
McQuaid

Rask / Svedberg

Think Bartkowski and Daugavins are traded and Peverley is bought out and Jagr and Horton walk.

corpfan1 is offline  
Old
06-24-2013, 12:34 PM
  #350
MTaylorJ1
Registered User
 
MTaylorJ1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Posts: 4,953
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by corpfan1 View Post
Personally, I would rather see Ference back than Horton. I think Ference is a great team guy to have around the dressing room, etc...

Question is...will he accept $2M?

Would like to see Horton back too, but I doubt he will accept $4.5M and his injury history scares me (concussions and shoulder separations...both tend to re-occur). Plus Soderberg needs a spot to fit in.

Next year's lines:

Lucic - Krejci - Soderberg
Marchand - Bergeron - Seguin
Spooner - Kelly - ??
Paille - Campbell - Thornton

Chara - Boychuk
Hamilton - Seidenberg
Krug - Ference
McQuaid

Rask / Svedberg

Think Bartkowski and Daugavins are traded and Peverley is bought out and Jagr and Horton walk.
I like Soderberg so far, but penciling him into RW1 is a bad, bad idea.

Ference is a good guy, and has battled admirably for us, but it's time to move on, he's possession deficient, and that's bad. I honestly wouldn't waste any cap beyond Boychuk on our defensive "depth". Chara, Rask, and Julien's system do a splendid job of covering that up, and moving on from average veterans who are what they are allows you to take a chance on some upside at low cost. Let's also not forget that Ference himself has an injury history.

Would attempt to sign Horton for sure, trade Kelly and Peverley (and if no one bites, buy them out), and look to add an amnestied top 6 winger to play with Soderberg and a rookie on the 3rd line.

History has shown that our coach and goalies can cover up for weak defenders, but this team struggles when they go cheap on forwards and injuries hit (and they will).

MTaylorJ1 is online now  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:46 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2014 All Rights Reserved.