HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Toronto Maple Leafs
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Potential players Dallas Eakins and the Oilers are going to steal from Marlies

Old
06-21-2013, 03:19 PM
hockeygeek

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Big D View Post
So are you proposing Horcoff + mps for Ashton + 5th?
I wouldn't take Horcoff straight up. It's too much salary. Probably suggest they take Liles and see if they had anything else to add to that trade that interested me

hockeygeek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-21-2013, 03:25 PM
The Big D

Quote:
Originally Posted by hockeygeek View Post
I wouldn't take Horcoff straight up. It's too much salary. Probably suggest they take Liles and see if they had anything else to add to that trade that interested me
Well you take Horcoff straight up because you get the "nice" piece in mps for 10c on the dollar. Liles is a movable asset and not one that needs to be included in a trade like this.

The Big D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-21-2013, 03:26 PM
hockeygeek

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Big D View Post
So are you proposing Horcoff + mps for Ashton + 5th?
I would do this trade easily

hockeygeek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-21-2013, 03:50 PM
mikebel111
Optimistic/Patient

Quote:
Originally Posted by 81Leafs50 View Post
If the Oil offer two 2nd rounder for both of those players....I guarantee that the Leafs make that deal.

D'Amigo and Ashton are busts. Not NHL players.

since when did ashton and d'amigo become busts as claimed by some. ashton really started to pull it together in the playoffs. plus d'amigo also has had a solid couple seasons now. d'amigo I think will make the team

impatience leafs nation at it's finest

mikebel111 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-21-2013, 04:29 PM
WestCoastLeafs
Team Ramrod

Wondering if Ranger will follow Eakins to Edmonton (assuming he wants to return to the NHL.) Heard a lot of teams are interested, but I have a feeling he'll end up on Oilers or the Leafs. Or stick with the Marlies, I guess.

WestCoastLeafs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-22-2013, 10:19 AM
LEAFANFORLIFE23

Quote:
Originally Posted by SprDaVE View Post
I think realistically, Ryan Hamilton is probably the closest they'll be able to get since he's a free agent. Greg Scott would have been another name but he's gone to Sweden all ready.

The prospects he coached with the Marlies are attainable but the Leafs won't just give them away like they are nothing to them with Eakins gone.

D'Amigo and Ashton particularly are really solid prospects and should not, and will not, be traded for little value. The Leafs want to move forward with their rebuild, not backwards.
We got 5-7 guys more if I include recently graduated prospects Gardiner and Kadri

LEAFANFORLIFE23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-22-2013, 10:20 AM
416Leafer

They cant "steal" our prospects... We have to agree to trade them...

If anything, this is a good thing. Because Eakins may convince MacT to give up MORE for our players than other teams would be willing to pay. Theres no reason for us to sell prospects unless we're getting something we want in return.

416Leafer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-22-2013, 10:21 AM
LEAFANFORLIFE23

Quote:
Originally Posted by LEAFANFORLIFE23 View Post
We got 5-7 guys more if I include recently graduated prospects Gardiner and Kadri
Edit

We got 5-7 guys more if I include recently graduated prospects Gardiner and Kadri with higher upside then Ashton

Old
06-22-2013, 10:32 AM
ULF_55
Global Moderator

As a Leafs' fan I'm not concerned about any of the Marlies being traded and the only people who should be worried would be those fans who think the Leafs' management is incompetent.

Assets!

Unless you believe Nonis and gang have no idea what they're doing, we should support the team over the players.

Everyone should be available, including Phaneuf, Kessel, Lupul and van Riemsdyk.

Let's not lose track of the goal, winning the Cup. If you're more a fan of a player than a fan of the team, you can follow that player to his next team. You shouldn't worry about where your favorite player is playing.

I know there are Crosby fans in this forum, and he really has nothing to do with the Leafs. So if Kessel, Phaneuf, Kadri are traded to make the team better you can still be fans of those guys on their new team.

Eakins was the Marlies coach, that's all. He didn't make trades for the Leafs.

Desjardins estimates that about 40% of the game is captured by Corsi analysis.
ULF_55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-22-2013, 10:37 AM
Patty Lee
I hate the Habs

Quote:
Originally Posted by WestCoastLeafs View Post
Wondering if Ranger will follow Eakins to Edmonton (assuming he wants to return to the NHL.) Heard a lot of teams are interested, but I have a feeling he'll end up on Oilers or the Leafs. Or stick with the Marlies, I guess.
why would he?

the reason he came to the Marlies wasn't because of Dallas. some people have silly notions

Patty Lee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-22-2013, 10:37 AM
7even
Deus Ex Machina

Ashton + Biggs for 7th overall.

No it's a fair proposal MacT, I swear. That's two 1sts for one 1st.

7even is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-22-2013, 10:59 AM
Ricky Bobby

I'd trade both D'Amigo and Ashton for 2nd round picks in a heartbeat.

AT THE VERY BEST they become 3rd liners in the NHL but I doubt that happens or else I think they would have showed more by now like Kulemin who was already with the big club at a similar age (or having success in the KHL/with team Russia) or Frattin who absolutely tore up the NCAA (then was close to a PPG AHL player shortly after).

Prospects who are half a point game players in the AHL aren't anything to worry about losing. What does D'Amigo do that we need with the big club from our bottom 6? Size. Nope. Speed. We got lots of that. Faceoffs. Nope Penalty Killing? Maybe but unless he adds faceoffs. Fighting? Nope. Scoring? His offence is underwhelming in the AHL so it won't be better in the NHL. I doubt he ever succeeds on Carlyle team who likes his fighters in the lineup.

Picks would mean we get to take a chance on hitting an unexpected homerun in the draft which is what we need. Boston turned their franchise around by getting guys like Bergeron, Krejci, Marchand with picks outside the first round. Pittsburgh similar with Letang, Goligoski. Hawks similar with Big Buff, Keith.

Why is everybody opposed to getting a chance at something much better with little risk?

Last edited by Ricky Bobby: 06-22-2013 at 12:43 PM.
Ricky Bobby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-22-2013, 12:05 PM
JackJ

Definitely Kostka once he finds himself out of the loop.

JackJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-22-2013, 12:26 PM
number72

Paul Ranger. The oilers need NHL or near NHL ready players as they have plenty of prospects.

number72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-22-2013, 12:34 PM
ULF_55
Global Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by number72 View Post
Paul Ranger. The oilers need NHL or near NHL ready players as they have plenty of prospects.
Anyone can sign Ranger, it is Ranger's call where he wants to play.

Ranger isn't a Leafs' asset.

ULF_55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-22-2013, 12:54 PM
LEAFANFORLIFE23

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ricky Bobby View Post
I'd trade both D'Amigo and Ashton for 2nd round picks in a heartbeat.

AT THE VERY BEST they become 3rd liners in the NHL but I doubt that happens or else I think they would have showed more by now like Kulemin who was already with the big club at a similar age (or having success in the KHL/with team Russia) or Frattin who absolutely tore up the NCAA (then was close to a PPG AHL player shortly after).

Prospects who are half a point game players in the AHL aren't anything to worry about losing. What does D'Amigo do that we need with the big club from our bottom 6? Size. Nope. Speed. We got lots of that. Faceoffs. Nope Penalty Killing? Maybe but unless he adds faceoffs. Fighting? Nope. Scoring? His offence is underwhelming in the AHL so it won't be better in the NHL. I doubt he ever succeeds on Carlyle team who likes his fighters in the lineup.

Picks would mean we get to take a chance on hitting an unexpected homerun in the draft which is what we need. Boston turned their franchise around by getting guys like Bergeron, Krejci, Marchand with picks outside the first round. Pittsburgh similar with Letang, Goligoski. Hawks similar with Big Buff, Keith.

Why is everybody opposed to getting a chance at something much better with little risk?
agree 100%

Old
06-22-2013, 02:06 PM
blasted_Sabre
Global Moderator
Warden of the North

Quote:
Originally Posted by number72 View Post
Ranger signed with the Marlies due to location, not the coach.

blasted_Sabre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-22-2013, 09:05 PM
The_Chosen_One

Quote:
Originally Posted by LEAFS FAN 4 EVER View Post
I can't see the Leafs trading Colborne because of the facts you mentioned and I happen to agree that he is NHL ready, so he should have a great chance to make the Leafs next season.
We'll regret it if we trade him. One thing the Leafs don't usually do well is developing their talent. I think he is still that first rounder that we got for Kaberle. The same applies to Carter Ashton who is being criminally underrated.

We don't require Sam Gagner. Smallish, and he isn't strong on the puck either. On the other hand, MPS is someone I'd acquire even if we're perceived to be winger-heavy. That size, and high skill potential is good to have.

The_Chosen_One is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-22-2013, 09:23 PM
Mystifo
No more Mr.FightGuy

Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Chosen_One View Post
We'll regret it if we trade him. One thing the Leafs don't usually do well is developing their talent. I think he is still that first rounder that we got for Kaberle. The same applies to Carter Ashton who is being criminally underrated.

We don't require Sam Gagner. Smallish, and he isn't strong on the puck either. On the other hand, MPS is someone I'd acquire even if we're perceived to be winger-heavy. That size, and high skill potential is good to have.
We do develop good prospects it is just no one ever realizes it.

- Kulemin
- Frattin
- Reimer
- Gunnar
- Kadri

All home grown and contributing to the big league team.

Mystifo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-22-2013, 09:35 PM
PemIceKing

Quote:
Originally Posted by sommervr View Post
Broll and Leivo would be the ones I would steal
fat chance of that!!

PemIceKing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-22-2013, 10:11 PM
My Sweet Shadow

I doubt the Oilers would waste high picks (2nd-3rds) on Toronto's mid-range prospects; they've already got immense depth when it comes to young players and prospects. If anything, they'll maybe go after UFAs like Hamilton (Eakins' ex-captain) or Scott, who Easkins' relied on heavily.

Also, it's not like they can just "steal" our players like D'Amigo or Ashton. Nonis obviously isn't going to move them unless he feels the value is there.

My Sweet Shadow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-22-2013, 11:28 PM
Pyrophorus

Send a message via MSN to Pyrophorus Send a message via Yahoo to Pyrophorus Send a message via Skype™ to Pyrophorus
Quote:
Originally Posted by sommervr View Post
We are likely going to be doing a deal with the Oilers soon. You just watch Broll get thrown in as an add-on.
For Klefbom, that's fine.

Pyrophorus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-23-2013, 06:29 AM
416Leafer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mystifo View Post

- Kulemin
- Frattin
- Reimer
- Gunnar
- Kadri

Im not going to bother looking around the league and counting up, but Im quite sure 5 players on a 23 man roster is probably bottom 5, maybe THE bottom in the entire league in terms of # of players on the roster that are homegrown.

Not only that, but there also isnt a single franchise player in that group, unless Kadri or Reimer really start to play some consistently high level hockey. Look at other teams top 3 drafted players still on the team... The vast majority of teams have a FAR better group of drafted top talent then... Kadri/Reimer/Kulemin.

416Leafer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-23-2013, 07:33 AM
The_Chosen_One

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mystifo View Post

- Kulemin
- Frattin
- Reimer
- Gunnar
- Kadri

We do, but we do tend to rush them or misuse them. The philosophy of signing some aging free agent is still with us. I think if we were still using Kulemin offensively (with Kadri, for instance), we wouldn't be thinking about replacing him with Clarkson.

I expect better utilization from now on.

The_Chosen_One is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-23-2013, 08:14 AM
dubplatepressure

Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Chosen_One View Post
We do, but we do tend to rush them or misuse them. The philosophy of signing some aging free agent is still with us. I think if we were still using Kulemin offensively (with Kadri, for instance), we wouldn't be thinking about replacing him with Clarkson.

I expect better utilization from now on.
You mean the philosophy of trying to improve your team with no cost? No one complained about the Macarthur and McClement deals. You need to be strategic in who you offer contracts to and how much you offer them, but do not attack the concept itself - thats just silly.

Kulemin played 2RW munites the last 3 years, not sure how much more offensive you want... Again need to respectfully entirely disagree.

This ambiguous concept of 'utilization' already exists. We promote from the Marlies regularly, and we sign ELCs of our picks regularly, so like, what the hell do you mean?

In response to the original question, i see Scrivens and possibly Holzer or Blacker going to Edmonton.

dubplatepressure is online now   Reply With Quote