HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Tampa Bay Lightning
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Off-Season 2013 - Part II

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
06-21-2013, 09:55 PM
  #51
Follower of Yzlam
#FreeDrouin
 
Follower of Yzlam's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Country: United States
Posts: 11,959
vCash: 134
Considering how little leaks out of Tampa, I'm not going to hold my breath.

I would think he still has *some* positive value, or at least could be moved for "future considerations". That being said, I wouldn't be surprised if he's bought out... I'm sure injury concerns are a big deal with him.

Follower of Yzlam is offline  
Old
06-21-2013, 09:56 PM
  #52
BarberioTheBarbarian
Registered User
 
BarberioTheBarbarian's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Sarasota, Fl
Country: United States
Posts: 574
vCash: 500
I feel like I am the only person who does not think Malone will get bought out.

BarberioTheBarbarian is offline  
Old
06-21-2013, 10:31 PM
  #53
Follower of Yzlam
#FreeDrouin
 
Follower of Yzlam's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Country: United States
Posts: 11,959
vCash: 134
Quote:
Originally Posted by BarberioTheBarbarian View Post
I feel like I am the only person who does not think Malone will get bought out.
I just don't see what place he has with this team anymore. We have too many talented wingers, and he's the obvious odd man out.

Follower of Yzlam is offline  
Old
06-21-2013, 10:49 PM
  #54
2 Weekes Notice
Registered User
 
2 Weekes Notice's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Non-traditional Land
Posts: 865
vCash: 500
Yeah, think he's good as gone but I'd think at least a late pick could come back. Late picks are exciting in the Yzerman era. Malone for FUTURE PALAT

2 Weekes Notice is offline  
Old
06-22-2013, 12:45 AM
  #55
stryfe604
Believes in Yzergod
 
stryfe604's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Vancouver BC
Country: Canada
Posts: 4,715
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by BarberioTheBarbarian View Post
I feel like I am the only person who does not think Malone will get bought out.
As much as I would want him bought out, I have learned one thing...No one knows how the Yzerbrain works. I can see both situations happening. One I want, One I don't. I think the big thing that will decide if Malone gets bought is if we manage to get another top 4 d man and make Brewer expendable.

stryfe604 is offline  
Old
06-22-2013, 04:38 AM
  #56
garmonbozia
Registered User
 
garmonbozia's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Posts: 628
vCash: 500
If we can't get a pick for Malone before the draft, his cap hit all but dooms him to being our first compliance buyout.

Due $5m over the next 2 years at a $4.5m cap hit for each. Bought out we pay $3.3 over 4 and reclaim $9m? He's shown no consistent chemistry in top 6 roles with either of our top centers. His cap hit isn't worth his production in a bottom 6 role. Yes, he plays hard. He pays all the harder for it too. The only silver lining to the storm cloud lurking over Malone is that Cooper might have a plan that includes him in it. Because when Yzerman evaluates the dollars and cents/sense of it, that is the only thing that will save his spot on this team.

On the plus side for Malone, I bet he can secure himself more than $2.5m per year on the open market post buyout. Could even find a top 6 role if willing to take less or play for a team not so near to contention.


I woould be curious to see his 12 team list though, just wondering where he'd like to end up.

garmonbozia is offline  
Old
06-22-2013, 10:08 AM
  #57
Number1RedWingsFan52
Registered User
 
Number1RedWingsFan52's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Winter Haven Florida
Country: United States
Posts: 7,968
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by BarberioTheBarbarian View Post
I feel like I am the only person who does not think Malone will get bought out.
Know i agree with you Malone either gets bought out or traded, Not really sure what value he has in the trade market he can give a list of a few teams he would be willing to get traded to and i'm sure that Pittsburgh his hometown would be on the top of that list.

Number1RedWingsFan52 is offline  
Old
06-22-2013, 10:11 AM
  #58
Number1RedWingsFan52
Registered User
 
Number1RedWingsFan52's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Winter Haven Florida
Country: United States
Posts: 7,968
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by garmonbozia View Post
If we can't get a pick for Malone before the draft, his cap hit all but dooms him to being our first compliance buyout.

Due $5m over the next 2 years at a $4.5m cap hit for each. Bought out we pay $3.3 over 4 and reclaim $9m? He's shown no consistent chemistry in top 6 roles with either of our top centers. His cap hit isn't worth his production in a bottom 6 role. Yes, he plays hard. He pays all the harder for it too. The only silver lining to the storm cloud lurking over Malone is that Cooper might have a plan that includes him in it. Because when Yzerman evaluates the dollars and cents/sense of it, that is the only thing that will save his spot on this team.

On the plus side for Malone, I bet he can secure himself more than $2.5m per year on the open market post buyout. Could even find a top 6 role if willing to take less or play for a team not so near to contention.


I woould be curious to see his 12 team list though, just wondering where he'd like to end up.
I would'nt mind seeing him in Detroit his last 2 years he's a big body and we surely could use him, But with Detroit and Tampa Bay being in the same division next season i seriously doubt that Yzerman would trade Malone to his old team.

Number1RedWingsFan52 is offline  
Old
06-22-2013, 12:13 PM
  #59
TheGreatOutlaw
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: FL
Country: United States
Posts: 476
vCash: 500
AS a Redwings fan and TBL fan. I have a trade propospal. Malone for CC+ Tootoo or Sammy Samuelson. Any interest?

TheGreatOutlaw is offline  
Old
06-22-2013, 12:23 PM
  #60
The YzerJesus
HoseEmAllAround
 
The YzerJesus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: location location
Country: United States
Posts: 5,442
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheGreatOutlaw View Post
AS a Redwings fan and TBL fan. I have a trade propospal. Malone for CC+ Tootoo or Sammy Samuelson. Any interest?
I take it and run.

The YzerJesus is offline  
Old
06-22-2013, 01:30 PM
  #61
X0X0A0
Sons of Pirates
 
X0X0A0's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: St.Pete, Florida
Country: United States
Posts: 28,973
vCash: 423
Quote:
Originally Posted by Number1RedWingsFan52 View Post
I would'nt mind seeing him in Detroit his last 2 years he's a big body and we surely could use him, But with Detroit and Tampa Bay being in the same division next season i seriously doubt that Yzerman would trade Malone to his old team.
Why not? Malone would likely be injured for at least half of the season anyway.

X0X0A0 is offline  
Old
06-22-2013, 03:19 PM
  #62
JAY7791
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: Ontario, Canada
Country: Canada
Posts: 10
vCash: 500
If Malone is bought out...

If Ryan Malone is bought out and possibly another cap move is made, would the lightning take a run at Briere? Or would they focus mainly on adding another defenseman?

JAY7791 is offline  
Old
06-22-2013, 03:53 PM
  #63
ThunderAlleyNomad
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Tampa
Country: United States
Posts: 4,173
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by JAY7791 View Post
If Ryan Malone is bought out and possibly another cap move is made, would the lightning take a run at Briere? Or would they focus mainly on adding another defenseman?
I can't imagine that Briere would be in the plans. Defense is the big need, and 4.5 would go a long way towards fixing that hole.

ThunderAlleyNomad is offline  
Old
06-22-2013, 05:24 PM
  #64
The Fear Boners
Plz stop pucks
 
The Fear Boners's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Scrip Club
Country: United States
Posts: 20,094
vCash: 500
Ahaha who is Rich Smith, lol

The Fear Boners is offline  
Old
06-23-2013, 06:28 AM
  #65
LightningStrikes
Moderator
Klutcherov
 
LightningStrikes's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Country: Germany
Posts: 12,134
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by KoekkoekPuffs View Post
I'd be shocked if a team like Phoenix wouldn't chuck at least a 6th round pick on him. If Dallas paid Gonchar millions more than he was worth just to hit the cap then surely there's a demand for Malone's contract.
They probably would but the difference is Malone has a limited NTC. I doubt the Coyotes are on Malone's 12 team trade list.

LightningStrikes is offline  
Old
06-23-2013, 06:29 AM
  #66
snowden
Man is matter
 
snowden's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 2,342
vCash: 500
So do guys like Malone submit their 12 team list before the season or how does that work? I always figured it was hey we wanna trade you to the Isles, what's your list? kind of deal.

snowden is offline  
Old
06-23-2013, 08:03 AM
  #67
Number1RedWingsFan52
Registered User
 
Number1RedWingsFan52's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Winter Haven Florida
Country: United States
Posts: 7,968
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Colonel Klinkhammer View Post
I take it and run.
Got that right.

Number1RedWingsFan52 is offline  
Old
06-23-2013, 08:05 AM
  #68
Number1RedWingsFan52
Registered User
 
Number1RedWingsFan52's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Winter Haven Florida
Country: United States
Posts: 7,968
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Death Taxes Conacher View Post
Why not? Malone would likely be injured for at least half of the season anyway.
Yep getting injured is pretty much the story of Malones life, And pretty much the same with Vinny.

Number1RedWingsFan52 is offline  
Old
06-23-2013, 11:26 AM
  #69
bassassin
Registered User
 
bassassin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: England
Country: England
Posts: 5,391
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by snowden View Post
So do guys like Malone submit their 12 team list before the season or how does that work? I always figured it was hey we wanna trade you to the Isles, what's your list? kind of deal.
I think thats exactly it.

SFY says that hes looking into moving Malone asks him for his list and works within it.

bassassin is offline  
Old
06-23-2013, 02:10 PM
  #70
The Fear Boners
Plz stop pucks
 
The Fear Boners's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Scrip Club
Country: United States
Posts: 20,094
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Number1RedWingsFan52 View Post
Yep getting injured is pretty much the story of Malones life, And pretty much the same with Vinny.
Vinny will still produce at a decent level, though.

The Fear Boners is offline  
Old
06-23-2013, 05:27 PM
  #71
Number1RedWingsFan52
Registered User
 
Number1RedWingsFan52's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Winter Haven Florida
Country: United States
Posts: 7,968
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Still All In View Post
Vinny will still produce at a decent level, though.
Yep that he is and a 37 year old Marty St Louis lead the league in scoring I sure enjoy watching Vinny, Marty and Stammer play.

Number1RedWingsFan52 is offline  
Old
06-23-2013, 05:38 PM
  #72
The Fear Boners
Plz stop pucks
 
The Fear Boners's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Scrip Club
Country: United States
Posts: 20,094
vCash: 500
My only thing with Malone is this: if you're serious about changing the culture and setting a standard, he needs to go.

The Fear Boners is offline  
Old
06-23-2013, 05:51 PM
  #73
LightningStrikes
Moderator
Klutcherov
 
LightningStrikes's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Country: Germany
Posts: 12,134
vCash: 500
During the regular season there were rumors of him partying a wee bit too much. Was it really that much (especially compared to the other players)?

LightningStrikes is offline  
Old
06-23-2013, 06:55 PM
  #74
The Fear Boners
Plz stop pucks
 
The Fear Boners's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Scrip Club
Country: United States
Posts: 20,094
vCash: 500
I know people who hit SOHO 3-4 days a week and usually they'll bump into he or Teddy at least 2 of those days.

The Fear Boners is offline  
Old
06-23-2013, 06:59 PM
  #75
Cigar City
Registered User
 
Cigar City's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Tampa
Country: United States
Posts: 1,470
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Still All In View Post
I know people who hit SOHO 3-4 days a week and usually they'll bump into he or Teddy at least 2 of those days.
Time for him to go, too?????

Cigar City is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:41 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2014 All Rights Reserved.