Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Boston Bruins
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Daugavins

Old
06-22-2013, 10:45 AM
tom nuetten

vCash: 500
I´ve still no problem with the dogman as the 13th - 14th forward...

he looked good in the game vs the pens and I liked what I saw during his few rs games...

of course he should have scored a goal in game 1, but our top 6 guys jagr and seguin can´t buy a goal either...

kelly had a huge chance (open net) himself...

his penalty was a dumb move though...

next year we´ll see more from söderberg, but I doubt that he´ll can do anything on the 4th line.. I think claude has 2 possibilities

1st. dogman and thornton out of the lineup and söderberg + caron in => it isn´t a hitting/grinder line anymore and they can create (perhaps) some chances

2nd. dogman and thornton in the lineup and a hitter/grinder line...

I don´t see much offense from this line if you put a guy like söderberg (finesse player) togheter with your enforcer and a guy that forgot to create/bury chances...

tom nuetten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-22-2013, 10:46 AM
Fossy21
Himalayan Goal King

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patrick Roy View Post
P.S Kaspars chance was fine, but as goalie I'd say it wouldn't be hard to get it, so from my, as goalies, point of view backhander was right choice. And it keeps me confused, how Kaspars is blamed for everything after he didn't score, but after Kelly miseed, who indeed had wide open net, everyone's like ''Oh, that's nothing strange, that's Kelly''.
How are you not in the NHL? Crawford was coming across from the left, he could've covered at most 10% of the net that was staring at Daugavins. Say that there's a 75% chance Daugavins hits the net with a one-timer (deliberately moderate estimate), that gives him a 67.5% chance of putting it in, you're telling me that going over to the side Crawford is on (hoping he bites 100% on the shot and goes out of play), pulling to the backhand and hoping no defenceman gets there within the 2-3 seconds this takes you, you have a better chance of stashing it away? Then give Oduya the Conn Smythe already, whether Chicago win or not, lol. (actually, I think he saved at least 3 "sure" goals from Bruins sticks that game, and got that fluky tying goal, frustrating indeed)

Fossy21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-22-2013, 10:50 AM
Fossy21
Himalayan Goal King

Quote:
Originally Posted by tom nuetten View Post
Show me something that says that Daugavins would be better defensively (hitter/grinder) than Söderberg. A big hit that prevents a breakaway or something, I don't see it. I see trying to be fancy and creating opportunities for the opponents/destroying his teams' own/creating power play opportunities for Chicago, and an elbow to the head which could've been more than a minor penalty.

Fossy21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-22-2013, 11:03 AM
tom nuetten

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fossy21 View Post
Show me something that says that Daugavins would be better defensively (hitter/grinder) than Söderberg. A big hit that prevents a breakaway or something, I don't see it. I see trying to be fancy and creating opportunities for the opponents/destroying his teams' own/creating power play opportunities for Chicago, and an elbow to the head which could've been more than a minor penalty.
as I said, I saw some good plays from him during his few rs games and his first ps game against pittsburgh wasn´t bad at all (he was good out there)...

I didn´t saw positive things from söderberg... he didn´t have lots of games and it´s hard to get used to the different ice => I think he´ll be fun to watch next year with a real preseason etc...

next thing: I don´t see how they practice => I don´t now how they performed the weeks before campbell went down.. I trust the coaches who watch every practice... and they thought that söderberg isn´t the 13th forward..

Old
06-22-2013, 11:51 AM
Patrick Roy
Rookie User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fossy21 View Post
How are you not in the NHL? Crawford was coming across from the left, he could've covered at most 10% of the net that was staring at Daugavins. Say that there's a 75% chance Daugavins hits the net with a one-timer (deliberately moderate estimate), that gives him a 67.5% chance of putting it in, you're telling me that going over to the side Crawford is on (hoping he bites 100% on the shot and goes out of play), pulling to the backhand and hoping no defenceman gets there within the 2-3 seconds this takes you, you have a better chance of stashing it away? Then give Oduya the Conn Smythe already, whether Chicago win or not, lol. (actually, I think he saved at least 3 "sure" goals from Bruins sticks that game, and got that fluky tying goal, frustrating indeed)
If you look at replay, you will see, that Kaspars was:
1)on the move, what already reduces his chance to make a hot one-timer
2)his stick was reaching towards(!) the puck, not forward, to the net.

I'm not here to argue, and as I already stated I do not defend him, he had his chance, he wasted, blew it, what else to say?
And yeah, like I said before, that is why he is on 4th line, not on 1st or 2nd. These things, these plays just make it.

It is what it is, I'm just hoping that Soderberg shows that he deserves to be here instead of Daugavins.

Patrick Roy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-22-2013, 12:51 PM
David Krejci
STANLEY CUP CHAMPS

Quote:
Originally Posted by JMiller View Post
Easy tiger, he's a waiver pick up and a 13th forward. You should pick better targets for hate.
Exactly, he's a bubble player at best, but he thinks he's some nasty dangling offensive threat. Know your role and shut your mouth, a great man once said. He should live by those words. He is at his best when he keeps it simple, but he doesn't seem to like to.

David Krejci is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-24-2013, 11:08 PM
Nose Face Killah
It's Tuukka Time

**** you Daugavins.

Nose Face Killah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-25-2013, 06:04 AM
tom nuetten

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nose Face Killah View Post
**** you Daugavins.
yeah and

**** you krejci
**** you kelly
**** you marchand
**** you jagr
**** you seguin
**** you chara
**** you seidenberg

all of them made mistakes that costs us the cup, but during every game mistakes happen if not there wouldn´t be any goals....
his missed oportunity was big, but krejci had a better chance yesterday and missed... kelly had an open net...

Old
06-28-2013, 01:49 AM
gillesgilbert

Quote:
Originally Posted by tom nuetten View Post
I´ve still no problem with the dogman as the 13th - 14th forward...

he looked good in the game vs the pens and I liked what I saw during his few rs games...

of course he should have scored a goal in game 1, but our top 6 guys jagr and seguin can´t buy a goal either...

kelly had a huge chance (open net) himself...

his penalty was a dumb move though...

next year we´ll see more from söderberg, but I doubt that he´ll can do anything on the 4th line.. I think claude has 2 possibilities

1st. dogman and thornton out of the lineup and söderberg + caron in => it isn´t a hitting/grinder line anymore and they can create (perhaps) some chances

I don´t see much offense from this line if you put a guy like söderberg (finesse player) togheter with your enforcer and a guy that forgot to create/bury chances...
The Bruins bottom six when healthy is deep.Unfortunately,we didn't have the depth this time around in the playoffs. Dogman won't be back but I also wonder if Thornton will be back.I only like Thornton if he is playing with Campbell and Paille.Without those two he really is a liability.

gillesgilbert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-28-2013, 09:19 AM
BoyntBergie

Quote:
Originally Posted by gillesgilbert View Post
The Bruins bottom six when healthy is deep.Unfortunately,we didn't have the depth this time around in the playoffs. Dogman won't be back but I also wonder if Thornton will be back.I only like Thornton if he is playing with Campbell and Paille.Without those two he really is a liability.
Has that officially been stated? I wouldn't be surprised if he is back to be honest. You can do worse for your last or spare forward than him, and the B's need some cheap depth options.

BoyntBergie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-28-2013, 09:39 AM
qc

vCash: 2000
Quote:
Originally Posted by BoyntBergie View Post
Has that officially been stated? I wouldn't be surprised if he is back to be honest. You can do worse for your last or spare forward than him, and the B's need some cheap depth options.
Not to my knowledge. He's an RFA iirc. I'm not a big supporter of him, but he is indeed a solid depth forward and relatively inexpensive. I'd keep him around.

qc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-28-2013, 10:25 AM
Dellstrom
The new age

vCash: 50
I wouldn't mind if we kept him as the 13th. Cheap and works.

Dellstrom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-02-2013, 10:58 PM
AndrewGaze

Bye Daugavins.

AndrewGaze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-09-2013, 04:17 AM
GX

Daugavins told in an interview to Latvian media that it is not impossible he would sign with Bruins.

I still don't believe Bruins need him, or any NHL team for that matter. Hope he doesn't come to the KHL - Germany or Finland would be much more suitable for him.

And, for the record, he confirmed @Daugavins23 is a fake account.

http://sportacentrs.com/hokejs/nhl/0...vienigi_uz_nhl

GX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-09-2013, 07:05 AM
Ratty

I saw him as a 13th and a possible Thornton replacement in 2014. Has many of the attributes as Thorty; good skater, a little goal scoring ability, corner cruncher. A policeman if you will, without the gooniness.

Ratty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-09-2013, 09:46 AM
lextune
I'm too old for this

vCash: 50
....still waiting on the .gif of him dekeing on the empty net.

lextune is offline   Reply With Quote