HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Islanders
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Streit traded to Flyers for 2014 4th and Shane Harper *Post 250**

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
06-19-2013, 10:43 AM
  #476
redbull
respect, earned.
 
redbull's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Country: Canada
Posts: 10,163
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Richie Daggers Crime View Post
The Flyers don't give a **** about that. They only care about what's in front of them. If it took a 4 year commitment to get Streit for next year, then they're gonna do it. Teams like the Flyers and Rangers that go around giving out crazy contracts always find a loophole to weasel out of it when it goes belly-up, so why not. They might as well have given him 10 years for all it matters.
so true. I'm continually amazed at how reckless some teams are with money - Flyers and Rangers being the specific examples. The Flyers are rumoured to be buying out BOTH Bryzgalov and Briere and they gave Streit a boatload of money and Weber and on and on.

Amazing how ownership allows it to continue, especially given the lack of success on the ice.

Quote:
Originally Posted by seafoam View Post
John Tavares is the New York Islanders. I would be shocked if he didn't get the "C".
completely shocked.

JT is the team, the leader on the ice, off the ice, with the media, with the fans - there's no clearer choice in sports.

redbull is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-19-2013, 05:00 PM
  #477
Chapin Landvogt
Hockey's Future Staff
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: Germany
Posts: 12,327
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by redbull View Post
so true. I'm continually amazed at how reckless some teams are with money - Flyers and Rangers being the specific examples. The Flyers are rumoured to be buying out BOTH Bryzgalov and Briere and they gave Streit a boatload of money and Weber and on and on.

Amazing how ownership allows it to continue, especially given the lack of success on the ice.
Amazing that the CBAs don't prevent this crap somehow.


Quote:
JT is the team, the leader on the ice, off the ice, with the media, with the fans - there's no clearer choice in sports.
Agree...

Chapin Landvogt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-20-2013, 03:39 AM
  #478
OlTimeHockey
Registered User
 
OlTimeHockey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: home
Country: China
Posts: 16,010
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fantom View Post
I agree with you. I would be somewhat shocked if he was not wearing the C. However if he was not i also would not be too upset.
I disagree with you that he is the new york islanders.
No one player is the TEAM. the name on the front is more important than any name on the back.
the Yankees have that right.
This.

And, FWIW, the captain is not supposed to be the best guy, the face of the franchise or the fannies' pick. He's supposed to be the guy who the entire team listens to, shows up every game and leads by example or by word.

If Matt Martin speaks and the entire lockerroom shuts up for it, Martin is a better captain. Tavares could be that guy, he could be a very talented figurehead.....I'll take the guy in the lockerroom who leads and commands respect and will get guys moving over any figurehead.

But if JT gets the C and is not that guy? So be it. He'll be the Kings/Gretzky type of captain.....but I hope he really has the presence of a Steve Yzerman and is akin to his captaincy if he gets it.

OlTimeHockey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-20-2013, 09:32 AM
  #479
stranger34
Registered User
 
stranger34's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Nassau County
Posts: 3,769
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by OlTimeHockey View Post
This.

And, FWIW, the captain is not supposed to be the best guy, the face of the franchise or the fannies' pick. He's supposed to be the guy who the entire team listens to, shows up every game and leads by example or by word.

If Matt Martin speaks and the entire lockerroom shuts up for it, Martin is a better captain. Tavares could be that guy, he could be a very talented figurehead.....I'll take the guy in the lockerroom who leads and commands respect and will get guys moving over any figurehead.

But if JT gets the C and is not that guy? So be it. He'll be the Kings/Gretzky type of captain.....but I hope he really has the presence of a Steve Yzerman and is akin to his captaincy if he gets it.
So what kind of captain was Streit?

stranger34 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-20-2013, 09:44 AM
  #480
Fantom
Registered User
 
Fantom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Posts: 7,425
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by stranger34 View Post
So what kind of captain was Streit?
I do not know what type of Captain Streit was for us. None of us really do.
He could have be Voice in the locker room. He also could have been useless. However a good Captain also has good soldiers .

Fantom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-22-2013, 11:10 PM
  #481
Strome18
Registered User
 
Strome18's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Florida
Country: United States
Posts: 2,462
vCash: 500
I thought this was interesting...

Five biggest 35+ contracts:

1. Pronger 7yrs/$34.55M
2. Datsyuk 3yrs/$22.5M
3. St. Louis 4yrs/$22.5M
4. Doan 4yrs/$21.2M
5. Streit 4yrs/$21M

Strome18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-22-2013, 11:12 PM
  #482
Strome18
Registered User
 
Strome18's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Florida
Country: United States
Posts: 2,462
vCash: 500
Only five UFA defensemen averaged more than 20 min/game.

(Hainsey, Kostka, Scuderi, Zidlicky and Leopold).

Strome18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-22-2013, 11:14 PM
  #483
Strome18
Registered User
 
Strome18's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Florida
Country: United States
Posts: 2,462
vCash: 500
Buyouts. RT @TSNBobMcKenzie The window is from 48 hours after Cup final ends to July 5, when free agency begins.

Strome18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-22-2013, 11:18 PM
  #484
Strome18
Registered User
 
Strome18's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Florida
Country: United States
Posts: 2,462
vCash: 500
I'd say our GM is doing a good job.

#NHL teams with best bang for buck ($/pt):

1. #Ducks
2. #STLBlues
3. #Blackhawks
4. #Penguins
5. #NYIsles.

Strome18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-22-2013, 11:20 PM
  #485
seafoam
ɹǝsn pǝɹǝʇsıƃǝɹ
 
seafoam's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Connecticut
Posts: 37,588
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by JPurthe1 View Post
Only five UFA defensemen averaged more than 20 min/game.

(Hainsey, Kostka, Scuderi, Zidlicky and Leopold).
Kostka and Zidlicky are not good in their own zone. I can't speak for Hainsey or Leopold, and we should all know about Scuderi by now.

seafoam is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-28-2013, 08:28 PM
  #486
Bunk Moreland
Moderator
 
Bunk Moreland's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Long Island
Country: United States
Posts: 13,537
vCash: 50
Just a minor update this deal has officially gone through:

Quote:
Mark Streit's contract has been, or is about to be signed and filed. Officially making him a Flyer. 4 yrs - $21 mil.

Streit's deal. (2013-14): $5,000 - SB: $2,000 (2014-15): $6,000 (2015-16): $6,000 - SB: $2,000 (2016-17): $4,000 - SB: $2,000
https://twitter.com/DarrenDreger/sta...52979965583360

Found this funny
Quote:
@mirtle 56m
@DarrenDreger How much is his buyout though?

Bunk Moreland is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:12 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2015 All Rights Reserved.