HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Philadelphia Flyers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

The Rumors and Speculation Thread #6

Closed Thread

Old
06-22-2013, 11:40 PM
blinds

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by 3Fs View Post
From what I read, LA has no 1st pick this year and really wanted one to be part of any trade. If we did give up a 1st plus Read, I will be very disappointed.
That would be awful.. Gotta think with Homer though he might be willing just to get rid of Bryz.

Old
06-22-2013, 11:51 PM
healthyscratch

vCash: 633
Oh we better be getting at least Forbert included if our first is involved. He gives up 11 and read for only Bernier and I may throw in the towel, that would be ****ing ridiculous.

Old
06-22-2013, 11:55 PM
LegionOfDoom91

Quote:
Originally Posted by healthyscratch View Post
Oh we better be getting at least Forbert included if our first is involved. He gives up 11 and read for only Bernier and I may throw in the towel, that would be ****ing ridiculous.
Where are you getting that from? That 11th overall pick for Bernier rumor came from a guy who writes about the Calgary Stampede of the CFL. I highly doubt he knows anything when it comes to this situation.

Old
06-22-2013, 11:58 PM
healthyscratch

vCash: 633
Quote:
Originally Posted by LegionOfDoom91 View Post
Where are you getting that from? That 11th overall pick for Bernier rumor came from a guy who writes about the Calgary Stampede of the CFL. I highly doubt he knows anything when it comes to this situation.
Just continuing along with the conversation in the thread.

Old
06-22-2013, 11:58 PM
LegionOfDoom91

LA's apparently trying to get NYI re-interested in trade talks again. I guess this is a last ditch effort to get a better offer than what we have on the table. If the 11th pick, Couturier or Schenn was on the table then I doubt they would be looking to get NYI back in it right now.

Old
06-23-2013, 12:22 AM
Prongo
Beer

I'm hoping its something like Read+cousins and maybe a later pick for Bernier + one of their b prospects on d. I don't know a whole lot about their prospect system though.

In the end I kinda see a read for bernier deal being done. Maybe a little from each side but that being the foundation of the deal.

Maybe Bernier+Muzzin for Read+Cousins+3rd(2014)

Last edited by Prongo: 06-23-2013 at 12:42 AM.
Old
06-23-2013, 12:42 AM
Alchemy
Philadelphia Flyers

Just as I expected. Lombardi's price was too high and other teams weren't going to get into a bidding war. That's why he's now trying to get NYI back as LOD91 said. I don't think the islanders bite. I don't see them giving a top prospect.

Old
06-23-2013, 12:44 AM
LegionOfDoom91

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prongo View Post
I'm hoping its something like Read+cousins and maybe a later pick for Bernier + one of their b prospects on d. I don't know a whole lot about their prospect system though.

In the end I kinda see a read for bernier deal being done. Maybe a little from each side but that being the foundation of the deal.

I've seen a lot of their fans say Alex Martinez is going to be the odd man out over Muzzin.

Old
06-23-2013, 12:45 AM
Prongo
Beer

Quote:
I've seen a lot of their fans say Alex Martinez is going to be the odd man out over Muzzin.
I have also, but I don't like Martinez. He really isn't an upgrade over what we have already in Gervais. He is a 7th dman.

He is a little more consistent, but nothing big. I don't think we add to Read for Bernier. We are giving up the better player, and Goalies are tough to gauge, even with the pedigree Bernier has. If he was the starter it would be completely different.

Last edited by Prongo: 06-23-2013 at 12:50 AM.
Old
06-23-2013, 12:51 AM
hockeyfreak7

I definitely see us getting Bernier for Read+2nd. If we're lucky we could squeeze an additional 4th (or higher) round pick. I think DL wanted a top two round pick in any deal that was to be made, and Holmgren dragged his feet and only offered Read+4th or 3rd. Then Toronto upped their offer, and now Holmgren relented and offered Read+2nd.

That's 100% speculation, but it seems like it could fit.

Most on here will say it is too much, and value-wise, I would agree. But a Bernier+Mason tandem would be worth it, imo.

Old
06-23-2013, 12:55 AM
Alchemy
Philadelphia Flyers

Quote:
Originally Posted by hockeyfreak7 View Post
I definitely see us getting Bernier for Read+2nd. If we're lucky we could squeeze an additional 4th (or higher) round pick. I think DL wanted a top two round pick in any deal that was to be made, and Holmgren dragged his feet and only offered Read+4th or 3rd. Then Toronto upped their offer, and now Holmgren relented and offered Read+2nd.

That's 100% speculation, but it seems like it could fit.

Most on here will say it is too much, and value-wise, I would agree. But a Bernier+Mason tandem would be worth it, imo.
Agree. In tired of the Bryzgalov nightmare. Tired of JAGs like Boucher and Leighton.

Old
06-23-2013, 12:58 AM
LegionOfDoom91

Quote:
Originally Posted by sm0ka47 View Post
Just as I expected. Lombardi's price was too high and other teams weren't going to get into a bidding war. That's why he's now trying to get NYI back as LOD91 said. I don't think the islanders bite. I don't see them giving a top prospect.
They were asking for Niño originally but Snow wouldn't budge much like Homer with Couturier.

Old
06-23-2013, 01:01 AM
LegionOfDoom91

Quote:
I have also, but I don't like Martinez. He really isn't an upgrade over what we have already in Gervais. He is a 7th dman.

He is a little more consistent, but nothing big. I don't think we add to Read for Bernier. We are giving up the better player, and Goalies are tough to gauge, even with the pedigree Bernier has. If he was the starter it would be completely different.
Yeah I hear you, I think Read alone is fair value but I wouldn't be too mad if a mid-pick was added.

Old
06-23-2013, 01:06 AM
Alchemy
Philadelphia Flyers

Quote:
They were asking for Niño originally but Snow wouldn't budge much like Homer with Couturier.
Yeah. I understand Lombardi trying to get good value but unforunatly for him Goalies aren't valued that high in the market. Snow would rather build from within then give away his top prospects.

Last edited by Alchemy: 06-23-2013 at 01:15 AM.
Old
06-23-2013, 01:10 AM
Larry44

Quote:
Originally Posted by FLYERSFAN18 View Post
The hope would be that the two of them push eachother to be better and then we keep the better one and trade the other after the season.
Will be interesting if it happens. Mason beat Bernier out for Team Canada top job at the WJC but they were pretty well equals then.

Also, Mason might get put in the deal. Read + Mason for Bernier? Gives LA a backup for Quick....

Old
06-23-2013, 01:11 AM
LegionOfDoom91

Quote:
Originally Posted by sm0ka47 View Post
Yeah. I understand Lombardi trying to get good value but unforunatly for him Goalies aren't valued that high in the market. Snow would rather build from within then give away his too prospects.
It's a buyers market, these guys know that. They're not going to get into this by driving the price up, take it or leave it is the approach right now.

There will be other options out there for the teams that lose out in this so there's no point in paying an outrageous price for an unknown goalie.

Old
06-23-2013, 02:07 AM
GoneFullHextall
Fire Berube

vCash: 50
Quote:

I like Muzzin but I am not sure the Flyers would have interest in Muzzin. They already have Gus who right now is on the outside of the top 6. without dealing the top 6 you would have Gus,Gervais and Muzzin out of the top 6.

Old
06-23-2013, 03:00 AM
Wiqkid*

I say we just give Mason a shot. He looked great for us this year and he can't be worse than Bryz. I think we should sure up our defense before we get the franchise goalie.

Old
06-23-2013, 07:14 AM
Alchemy
Philadelphia Flyers

Looking at the depth chart if Read goes in a package to land Bernier we are pretty weak on the wings. I'd like for us to grab Chris Stewart but that ain't gonna happen. He's in the mold of Lucic/Clowe but he will be expensive and Homer still needs to resign very important RFAs next year. I'd like us to grab Brunner. This team needs a pure shooter. Bobby Ryan would be nice but one again top assets would have to be moved. Very worried about the orgizational depth at wing. After Voracek, Simmonds, and Hartnell things get dire.

Old
06-23-2013, 07:25 AM
Mkoll
Inkvisiittori

Not a fan of Bernier. This feels like another Lindback situation.
A backup everyone thought should be a starter and turned out to be nothing special.

And after reading several game-day and goalie threads from the Kings, many seem to be rather tired of him too. And who knows him better than Kings fans?

I remain skeptical.

Old
06-23-2013, 09:06 AM
FLYERSFAN18

I really hope they don't trade read for bernier. We should not be giving up proven assets for an unproven goalie

Old
06-23-2013, 09:11 AM
dats81

If they move Read in that trade they better sign another defensive forward who can play the PK.

Team defense has been an issue last season in general and losing both Fedotenko and Read this offseason without adequate replacement would definitely make things worse.

Old
06-23-2013, 09:32 AM
SchennSational1022*
The Future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mkoll View Post
Not a fan of Bernier. This feels like another Lindback situation.
A backup everyone thought should be a starter and turned out to be nothing special.

And after reading several game-day and goalie threads from the Kings, many seem to be rather tired of him too. And who knows him better than Kings fans?

I remain skeptical.
Hes MUCH better than Lindback.

Old
06-23-2013, 09:39 AM
FLYERSFAN18

Quote:
Originally Posted by SchennSational1022 View Post
That may be true, but he still hasn't been a number one so no one really knows what they are getting when the trade for him. Trading valuable, known assets for an unknown goalie should be questioned.

Old
06-23-2013, 09:39 AM
Mkoll
Inkvisiittori

Quote:
Originally Posted by SchennSational1022 View Post
"much" might be a stretch.

the point I was making was Tampa thought Lindback would be their savior in goal, and that did not pan out. Hence, why I have a feeling this could be a similar situation.

Closed Thread