HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Jonathan Bernier Race Down to 3 Teams (TOR, PHI, MIN)

Closed Thread

Old
06-23-2013, 01:09 AM
DontgoZiggy

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by me2 View Post
I hope the Canucks offersheet Bernier. $2.5m 1 year. Kings match if course. Market drops by one goalie.
Why would bernier sign it? to play behind schnieder or Luongo?

Old
06-23-2013, 01:12 AM
Crowne Royale

Quote:
Originally Posted by Petes2424 View Post
Pretty much.

It doesnt take a genius to see what's going on.

Bernier wants a trade
Lombardi tells him he wont move him unless he gets a fair deal
Bernier's agent cannot drum up enough interest around the league
Bernier fires his agent
Bernier hires Brisson
Brisson is told by Lombardi to create interest and he'd be more than happy to move his client
Renaud Lavoie.... Brisson's media buddy is given a call....
Within 3 days, the stories about interest in Bernier have snowballed...

The game's been played hundreds of times and the fact most on here believe everything they read on the internet is always fun...
And you're purely speculating about something you have absolutely no knowledge of. A prognostication of "no goalie market" is rather short-sided considering Minnesota, Phoenix, Calgary, NYi and potentially Pittsburgh, Philadelphia, Buffalo, Carolina, and eventually New Jersey. Nevermind the presumption that doubts circulate teams such as Toronto, Florida, Tampa Bay, and Colorado...

Old
06-23-2013, 01:14 AM
Flames Maniac
Was Flamesfanatic12

vCash: 50
Makes sense to wait until the draft to do a deal, depending on different trades, if teams don't get the prospect they want, etc, the entire landscape could change for a deal.

Old
06-23-2013, 01:16 AM
Jtown

Quote:
Originally Posted by DontgoZiggy View Post
You failed to use vancouver logic , if you had it would've made perfect sense.

Old
06-23-2013, 01:17 AM
DontgoZiggy

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlamesFanatic12 View Post
Makes sense to wait until the draft to do a deal, depending on different trades, if teams don't get the prospect they want, etc, the entire landscape could change for a deal.
You would assume that any team that trades for Bernier would prefer to do it sooner rather than later, to have more time to sign him in case he get offersheeted by another team

Old
06-23-2013, 01:22 AM
me2
Seahawks 43

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jtown View Post
You failed to use vancouver logic , if you had it would've made perfect sense.
Whoosh.

Old
06-23-2013, 01:26 AM
Petes2424

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crowne Royale View Post
And you're purely speculating about something you have absolutely no knowledge of. A prognostication of "no goalie market" is rather short-sided considering Minnesota, Phoenix, Calgary, NYi and potentially Pittsburgh, Philadelphia, Buffalo, Carolina, and eventually New Jersey. Nevermind the presumption that doubts circulate teams such as Toronto, Florida, Tampa Bay, and Colorado...
It's absolutely your right not to look at the facts and the way things work with agents, etc. It's also your right to have an opinion that half the league is looking for a goaltender..

Old
06-23-2013, 01:41 AM
Crowne Royale

Quote:
It's absolutely your right not to look at the facts and the way things work with agents, etc. It's also your right to have an opinion that half the league is looking for a goaltender..
What facts am I not looking at? Clearly the top teams I listed all have vacancies due to UFA circumstances. The others have all come up in various reports at seeking goaltending help. Some of those reports may not be true, (published reports of the Bernier auction going from at least 10 to 5 to 3) is using as close to fact-based information as possible.

If there were no goalie market, your contention is contrary to published reports (TSN, SportsNet, RDS, The Fourth Period, LA Kings Insider, plus whatever bits and pieces have been posted here about Carolina this, Pittsburgh that), so don't blame me. It's not an opinion.

Old
06-23-2013, 01:49 AM
etherialone
dialed in your mom

Quote:
Please enlighten us with a few actual "facts" concerning the trading of Bernier.

Not speculation or hyperbole but flat out empirical evidence. You are basing everything that you have said on nothing more than your own speculative opinions which if you believe the media at all is the opposite of what they are reporting to be the truth.

Now I am not saying that the media is perfect or anywhere close to it but I will say that for so many of them to be reporting so much you would have to think that at least a couple of them would check their sources.

I mean you don't think that the guys who report for outlets like CSN ESPN and TSN are going to simply take what one person says and run with it every time without at least trying to contact the teams mentioned, do you? Sure some of the other guys might go on rumors and innuendo but not all of them would so saying that all of this is due to one GM contacting the media and all of the rest of them just going along with the group is completely naive at best and likely worse if you ask me.

You don't like the idea of Bernier being trading or think much of him as a player, we get it.

Sure are allot of other NHL folks and media outlets who disagree with your way of thinking is the best I can say.

Old
06-23-2013, 01:53 AM
JohnHodgson

If Toronto is heavily pursuing Bernier, what does this mean for Reimer? So TO management do not trust Reimer to be their franchise goalie? This doesn't add up if TO significantly overpays for a goalie with similar potential already in the system.

Old
06-23-2013, 01:54 AM
MrFunnyWobbl
Why?

Send a message via AIM to MrFunnyWobbl
Quote:
Originally Posted by fsanford View Post
Bernier is not a typical back up..

1st round pick
Won at every level with great numbers.

Played very well when given the opportunity. Has the pedigree (unlike some of the other guys being thrown out there.)

Calm in the net, great positioning, never scrambles to make the save, he just seems to be in the right place at the right time.

Plays behind one of the top 3 net minders in the league.
An outstanding puck handling goal tender.

Downside brutal in shoot outs. Then again he does not get a chance to be in very many so could be part of the problem

If any GM with a need at goalie has a first round pick 15 or later and is in need of a goal tender, the odds of Bernier panning out is much higher than that of a draft pick at that point. You make that trade in a second. You will not see many of the picks drafted 15 or later for several years, so why wait? Especially for a GM who needs to wind now.

I don't think there is any doubt there are 1st round offers out there, Kings don't have one this year as it stands now. So that is a no brainer.
The negotiation is on what additional things teams are willing to give up.

Really don't think the Kings want an NHL ready player if his salary exceeds 1.5 million.
Cap situation is not going to allow it. Lombardi wants prospects preferably left wing.
Sounds like gretzky in net.

Old
06-23-2013, 01:55 AM
Petes2424

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crowne Royale View Post
What facts am I not looking at? Clearly the top teams I listed all have vacancies due to UFA circumstances. The others have all come up in various reports at seeking goaltending help. Some of those reports may not be true, (published reports of the Bernier auction going from at least 10 to 5 to 3) is using as close to fact-based information as possible.

If there were no goalie market, your contention is contrary to published reports (TSN, SportsNet, RDS, The Fourth Period, LA Kings Insider, plus whatever bits and pieces have been posted here about Carolina this, Pittsburgh that), so don't blame me. It's not an opinion.
What published reports? You mean speculative reporting? How's those trade deadline shows working out for those guys?

Do you disagree the first report came from Renaud Lavoie??? Who is in bed with what agent??? Who was just hired by what unhappy goaltender who's been looking for a trade for a year???

That's more factual right there than most of these "beat writer" reports that always say, "rumor from NY" or "rumors from xyz"... They quote each other which is funny to begin with.

Half of these writers or sports personalities get their information from agents, other reports and yes, from boards just like these. They have since the good old AOL message board days and they still do it today.

So I just choose to think rather than accept everything I read as gospel.

Old
06-23-2013, 02:00 AM
JABEE

If Bernier is going to get traded it will before or during the buyout period, not after. The Flyers can't and won't go into the season with both Bryzgalov and Bernier. The value for Bernier drops if the Flyers drop out of the mix.

Old
06-23-2013, 02:05 AM
Petes2424

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tonellisghost View Post
Please enlighten us with a few actual "facts" concerning the trading of Bernier.

Not speculation or hyperbole but flat out empirical evidence. You are basing everything that you have said on nothing more than your own speculative opinions which if you believe the media at all is the opposite of what they are reporting to be the truth.

Now I am not saying that the media is perfect or anywhere close to it but I will say that for so many of them to be reporting so much you would have to think that at least a couple of them would check their sources.

I mean you don't think that the guys who report for outlets like CSN ESPN and TSN are going to simply take what one person says and run with it every time without at least trying to contact the teams mentioned, do you? Sure some of the other guys might go on rumors and innuendo but not all of them would so saying that all of this is due to one GM contacting the media and all of the rest of them just going along with the group is completely naive at best and likely worse if you ask me.

You don't like the idea of Bernier being trading or think much of him as a player, we get it.

Sure are allot of other NHL folks and media outlets who disagree with your way of thinking is the best I can say.
Im not sure where you'd get the opinion I dont like Bernier or him being traded. I just argue the worth is going to be a lot less than some people think, due to there being no goaltender market.

I think I pretty much put the facts in chronological order. Maybe it'll be easier for you if I ask you the questions?

Does Bernier want a trade?
Did he fire his agent in the last week?
Did he hire Pat Brisson as his agent?
Does all Pat Brisson clients information hit the media through Renaud Lavoie?
Who first reported this story about all this interest in Bernier?
Did it snowball throughout North America?

It's not trivial pursuit here. It's obvious Brisson is trying to facilitate a Bernier trade. If there was considerable interest around the league, the agent wouldnt be so involved in marketing his client. It's as simple as that.

Old
06-23-2013, 02:31 AM
This is my year!

vCash: 805
Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnHodgson View Post
If Toronto is heavily pursuing Bernier, what does this mean for Reimer? So TO management do not trust Reimer to be their franchise goalie? This doesn't add up if TO significantly overpays for a goalie with similar potential already in the system.
Don't worry, Toronto is not after Bernier. Reimer and Scrivens both had great seasons, this rumour makes no sense at all. Feels like someone is trying to get Bernier out of town quickly before interested teams find other options.

Old
06-23-2013, 02:40 AM
Marlowe Syn
R-O-C-K-F-O-R-D

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ziggy Stardust View Post
With Parise, Koivu, Pominville, Setoguchi, Heatley, and one of Granlund or Coyle figuring in Minnesota's top six. Then in the bottom six you have Brodziak, Mitchell, Rupp, Clutterbuck if he's re-signed, Konopka, with a couple of open spots for a 12th/13th forward in the lineup.

I understand this is the last year on Heatley's contract, but is Zucker slotted to jump that high in their lineup right away? I am also aware that Zucker's in the last year of his ELC and he's on the brink of cracking the Wild lineup next season, but where does he fit in with the current group?
Actually for the majority of the season Heater was on our 3rd line. Setoguchi was all over our line up. Seto actually developed a bit of an edge in his physical game last season. So he would not be out of place in a bottom 6 if Zucker can show consistent scoring in a secondary role. Something Setoguchi really hasn't shown with any type of consistency. So he could be trade bait come draft day as well. Purely theoretical on my part.
Zucker has got incredible speed and pretty high ceiling. Again just guessing but I think the Wild organization see Zucker as an integral part of this team's future. Hockey's Future give Zuck a 7.0B rating. I think a full training camp will do him good.
I'd love to see Bernier in a Wild sweater, but I concur with every Wild fan here. NOT at the expense of Zucker. Giving up Larsson/Hackett/1st for Pommy was a tough pill to swallow, but I understand the reasoning. We can't really afford to give up another good prospect. Especially with Zucker's skillset.

Last edited by Marlowe Syn: 06-23-2013 at 02:47 AM.
Old
06-23-2013, 03:24 AM
Darth Milbury
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
VCR may have room for more goalies after they buyout Luongo.

06-23-2013, 03:53 AM
SchennSational1022*
The Future

I cant believe Couturiers name was even brought up for Bernier in actual negotiations...good job Holmgren. If we trade our first rounder this year for Bernier I will proceed to lose my mind though.

Old
06-23-2013, 03:55 AM
Violent By Design

Bernier + 3rd + Muzzin

Giroux + 11th

Old
06-23-2013, 04:02 AM
tp71
Enjoy every sandwich

vCash: 460
Quote:
Originally Posted by Violent By Design View Post

Bernier + 3rd + Muzzin

Giroux + 11th
In the words of Charlie Brown "Good grief".

Old
06-23-2013, 04:06 AM
Violent By Design

Quote:
Originally Posted by tp71 View Post
In the words of Charlie Brown "Good grief".
You're right, maybe Philly adds Laughton to even it out?

Old
06-23-2013, 04:07 AM
BOLD MacT Trade
GoldMoldisMacTBold

Quote:

Bernier + 3rd + Muzzin

Giroux + 11th
Philly adds a 6th and 7th rounder to even it out.

Old
06-23-2013, 04:40 AM
Ziggy Stardust
Master Debater

Quote:
Originally Posted by SchennSational1022 View Post
I cant believe Couturiers name was even brought up for Bernier in actual negotiations...good job Holmgren. If we trade our first rounder this year for Bernier I will proceed to lose my mind though.
I think the name being brought up was more speculative on the part of media, and that is the Flyers own beat writer who brought his name up.

Old
06-23-2013, 04:41 AM
Pepper

Quote:

Bernier + 3rd + Muzzin

Giroux + 11th
Dear god...I think I can almost hear Rains Of Castamere playing somewhere...

Old
06-23-2013, 04:50 AM
SchennSational1022*
The Future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ziggy Stardust View Post
I think the name being brought up was more speculative on the part of media, and that is the Flyers own beat writer who brought his name up.
Yeah Carchidi is a ****ing moron. Our other beat writer suggested that Couturier and a 2nd for Ben Bishop at the TD would have been a good move for us too...Amazing these dickheads have jobs.

That Giroux deal....lol

Closed Thread