HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Islanders
Notices

2013 Bridgeport SoundTigers Discussion Part III

Closed Thread

Old
05-03-2013, 03:57 PM
CREW99AW

vCash: 500
Nino scored a big goal against Sweden, in today's WC game. Nice to see him get off to a strong start

https://twitter.com/coreypronman
Niederreiter given player of the game for SWI in their win over SWE. Maybe best game I've seen from him this season.

Old
05-03-2013, 04:06 PM
PWJunior
Beware the POOP!

Quote:
Originally Posted by CREW99AW View Post
Nino scored a big goal against Sweden, in today's WC game. Nice to see him get off to a strong start

https://twitter.com/coreypronman
Niederreiter given player of the game for SWI in their win over SWE. Maybe best game I've seen from him this season.
That's great news. That's pretty big praise from Pronman.

I hope Nino has a big tourney, it could be a springboard for him to have an excellent camp and really challenge for a spot next year.

Old
05-03-2013, 04:17 PM
CREW99AW

Quote:
Originally Posted by PWJunior View Post
That's great news. That's pretty big praise from Pronman.

I hope Nino has a big tourney, it could be a springboard for him to have an excellent camp and really challenge for a spot next year.

It'd be great if he came to camp, with his confidence high.

Old
05-03-2013, 04:18 PM
Macch

Quote:
Originally Posted by CREW99AW View Post
It'd be great if he came to camp, with his confidence high.
Definitly. We already know he'll have a chip on his shoulder.

Old
05-03-2013, 05:05 PM
StumpNYI

Here it is

Old
05-03-2013, 05:43 PM
KingLio21093
Casey Zeeky

Quote:
Originally Posted by StumpNYI View Post
Here it is

Oooo Nice move by Nino. Would be awesome if he comes in next season with confidence. Would be really cool to see him get paired with JT.

Old
06-23-2013, 06:37 AM
Chapin Landvogt
Hockey's Future Staff

Just trying to get a feel for who is definitely scheduled for BPort at this point.

Unless things happen in a very unexpected manner, I believe no less than the following players are pretty much planned as starting the season in the AHL for the STigers.

Goalie:
?

Defense:
Ness
Pedan
Mayfield
Dalhuisen
Cantin

Forwards:
Sundstrom
Persson
Kabanov
Diamond
Bruton
Halmo
Clark

RFAs:
de Fazio (greatly assume he returns)
Gallant (greatly assume he returns)
Harper

Further possibilities (some ultimately definite):
Nilsson
Poulin
Donovan
de Haan
Reinhart
Strome
Nelson
Niederreiter

Old
07-25-2013, 01:43 PM
petrocelli
I love the Draft!!

Bridgeport should be a really fun team to watch this year, as the fruits of our last 3-4 drafts are making their way through the ranks...... Just looking at our top 2 lines along with our defensive pairings:

Anders Lee - Strome - Kabanov

Diamond?? - Sundstrum - Persson

I see Strome possibly joining the team after 20-40 games at Bridgeport, but like Anders Lee, at least beginning the season in Bridgeport.. With that said, the two of them should make for 2/3rd's of a sick first line!! I think Kababov will be given every chance to succeed and have a break out year, in what really is for him, a 'make or break' season.... I like him on that top line, but if they choose to go a different route, swap Diamond and Kabanov. Diamond showed alot of chemistry with Strome last year, and he could be the spark plug alongside Lee and Strome to bring speed and energy to Lee's power, strength and hands.. If the team wants to keep Diamond with Strome, that pusshes Kabanov down to the second line and he could help distribute the scoring a bit and make for a strong scoring second line alongside Sundstrum and Persson...
Sundstrum will be given a top-6 role and a chance to show a more dynamic game, as last year he was more in a defensive role with Brock and Nino ahead of him. He is a gifted all around player and it will be nice to see how he takes his game to another level this year, especially offensively.

Defense:

It looks like Wishart, Landry and McIver are gone... I really liked McIver and am not 100% sure he's gone, but it makes sense, as his toughness, which made him a fan favorite has been replaced by recent top-draft picks Andrej Pedan and Scott Mayfield, along with recent college signing Mike Dalhuisen (another big kid.. 220lbs-ish).... With these three big, tough kids, we have Aaron Ness and potentially one of either Calvin De Haan or Matt Donovan. Chances are, whomever of these two kids doesn't make the team, will at least start the season with Bridgeport, but I see at least one of these two making the big club. With that in mind, let's look at some of the pairings:

De Haan or Donovan - Mayfield
(one of these two, De Haan or Donovan, will be the defensive units rock)

Pedan - Ness
(size with one player, speed with the other)

Dalhuisen - ??? (Cantin, Jackson, Keenan, etc,?)

The rest of the defensive unit will perhaps consist of one holdover player from last year, Marc Cantin, along with recent signings Dallas Jackson and Mike Keenan, as well as perhaps one or two last minute signings from our recent drafts who may be AHL eliligle.... or a last minute waiver wire type.. veteran??

But our top 4 looks pretty solid.... if only we could get a Marc Katic back for strictly AHL purposes.... He had other aspirations...

** A veteran career AHL'er/fringe NHL player, would be nice to provide leadershipe... Think Marc Wotton/Ty Wishart type...

Goalie:

Once you take away one of Nilsson or Poulin, you are left with a defecit behind the other..... If Nilsson is my Bridgeport goalie, who is my backup?? Recent draft pick McEwan is college bound to Penn State...

** A career AHL goalie/fringe NHL'er, such as a Scott Munroe from a few years ago is the type of player we need.

Old
07-25-2013, 02:25 PM
petrocelli
I love the Draft!!

What we need at Bridgeport!!!

So after analyzing and breaking down the Bridgeport roster today, one thing that sticks out as a need is a veteran blueliner.... Doen't have to be great, could even be a career AHL type. Most importantly is the veteran presence.. Think leadership ability.. Good examples are Reese, Wishart, Wotton or even Dustin Kohn....... Do obviously, I'm not looking for the next Paul Coffey.. Just some veteram leadership to go with all these talented young kids......

veteran, right in the heart of our defense would be nice! :

De Haan and Donovan (both 23 or younger) - Mayfield (rookie, college)

Pedan (rookie year, out of junior).. - Veteran presence

Ness (23, less than 10 NHL games) - M. Dalhuisen (rookie, out of college)

Dallas Jackson ?? - Mike Keenan ???
**DON'T KNOW MUCH ABOUT EITHER OF THESE TWO GUYS, BUT PERHAPS THEY BRING MORE PRESENCE AND LEADERSHIP ABILITY THAN I KNOW OF??? i HOPE SO!!

** UnLess that is THE Mike Keenan, and if it is, kind of late in his career to resurrecting the active part of it... lol

Old
07-25-2013, 03:29 PM
thedonger

vCash: 50
"Once you take away one of Nilsson or Poulin, you are left with a defecit behind the other..... If Nilsson is my Bridgeport goalie, who is my backup?? Recent draft pick McEwan is college bound to Penn State..."

I'm guessing the backup role should go to either Kenny Reiter or that college free agent they signed...Milner?

Old
08-02-2013, 12:57 PM
Homeland Security
Mod Supervisor
#beLIeve

http://www.soundtigers.com/ViewArtic...CLID=208914160

BRIDGEPORT, CT (August 2, 2013) – The Bridgeport Sound Tigers announced today that five players have agreed to terms on minor league contracts. Forward Justin Johnson joins the organization on an American Hockey League (AHL) deal, while forward Ben Rosen, defensemen Mathieu Coderre-Gagnon and Sean Escobedo and goaltender Parker Milner have agreed to two-way (AHL/ECHL) contracts....

08-05-2013, 05:18 AM
TheFatOne
Mr.Negativo

petrocelli

what about 3rd and 4th line?

Old
10-05-2013, 10:10 AM
Chapin Landvogt
Hockey's Future Staff

Preseason Stat Predictions

Welp, things are about to start up for the kiddies. I'm thinking it's gonna be a tough season. Not much of impact AHL experience to coddle our kids.

Here's my stat predictions for the guys I think will be most prevalent for this Soundtigers season.

Goaltenders
- Anders Nilsson: 24 wins, 2.60 GAA, .925 SV%
- Ken Reiter: 8 wins, 2.85 GAA, .900 SV%

Defensemen
- Aaron Ness: 8-27-35
- Calvin de Haan: 5-23-28
- Andrey Pedan: 10-16-26
- Scott Mayfield: 4-15-19
- Mike Dalhuisen: 3-12-15
- Joe Finley: 2-8-10

Forwards
- Ryan Strome: 23-36-59
- Anders Lee: 23-25-48
- Johan Sundstrom: 15-33-48
- John Persson: 16-20-36
- Alan Quine: 10-24-34
- Kirill Kabanov: 13-18-31
- Mike Halmo: 10-19-29
- Joe Diamond: 12-15-27
- Greg Miller: 10-12-22
- Chris Bruton: 9-11-20
- Riley Wetmore: 6-10-16
- Jason Clark: 4-7-11
- Brett Gallant: 2-5-7

Old
10-05-2013, 10:33 AM
InformTheMasses

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chapin Landvogt View Post
Welp, things are about to start up for the kiddies. I'm thinking it's gonna be a tough season. Not much of impact AHL experience to coddle our kids.

Here's my stat predictions for the guys I think will be most prevalent for this Soundtigers season.

They never have Good Experienced AHL players... unwilling to pay for them I suppose. It's why they never win.

Not a bad job with the predictions.... Joe Diamond is a lot better than you think he is though, especially at the AHL level. Depending on his ice time and linemates he could impress on the stat sheet this year.

Oh I also think the addition of Pedan, Mayfield and even Dalhuisen is going to help the Sound Tigers a lot. de Haan is basically an addition since he didnt really play last year (if he stays healthy, he replaces Donovan and what he brout the ST last year).

Should be a more defensive minded squad this year... a welcomed change since (Landry, McIver were just brutal and Wishart wasn't much help). Cantin isn't a bad AHL Player, he flies under the radar. Think he's more dependable than Ness at the AHL level.

Last edited by InformTheMasses: 10-05-2013 at 10:40 AM.
Old
10-05-2013, 10:39 AM
Chapin Landvogt
Hockey's Future Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by InformTheMasses View Post
Not a bad job with the predictions.... Joe Diamond is a lot better than you think he is though, especially at the AHL level. Depending on his ice time and linemates he could impress on the stat sheet this year.
I hope you're right. The team will need it!

Old
10-05-2013, 03:15 PM
Degeneration Rex

Bridgeport hosts Scranton Wilkes-Barre tonight in the season opener.

Old
10-05-2013, 07:00 PM
Degeneration Rex

Wilkes-Barre 5,Bridgeport 2,
Lee (1), Strome, Pedan
Kabanov (1), Jackson, Pedan.

Last edited by Degeneration Rex: 10-05-2013 at 09:12 PM.
Old
10-05-2013, 07:24 PM
boredmale

Kabanov scored and looks like Pedan has found his inner Bobby Orr getting his second assist(along with jackson)

Old
10-05-2013, 07:49 PM
Strome18

Quote:
Originally Posted by boredmale View Post
Kabanov scored and looks like Pedan has found his inner Bobby Orr getting his second assist(along with jackson)
No joke Pedan will be VERY important in the the next couple of years. If he can play solid positional hockey is a gem in the making.

I would like to see:

Pulock with Reinhardt
Dehaan with Pedan
Donovan with Mayfield
AMAC with Hammer
Pokka with Pelech

I know I am missing a few others as well.

Pedan, Mayfield, Reino and Hammer makes this a sick team to play against. This does not include the offense provided by Donovan, Pulock & DeHaan.

Just sick!

Old
10-05-2013, 07:50 PM
Dutch Frost
Everything is Fine!!

vCash: 1130
Quote:

Goaltenders
- Anders Nilsson: 24 wins, 2.60 GAA, .925 SV%
- Ken Reiter: 8 wins, 2.85 GAA, .900 SV%

Defensemen
- Aaron Ness: 8-27-35
- Calvin de Haan: 5-23-28
- Andrey Pedan: 10-16-26
- Scott Mayfield: 4-15-19
- Mike Dalhuisen: 3-12-15
- Joe Finley: 2-8-10

Forwards
- Ryan Strome: 23-36-59
- Anders Lee: 23-25-48
- Johan Sundstrom: 15-33-48
- John Persson: 16-20-36
- Alan Quine: 10-24-34
- Kirill Kabanov: 13-18-31
- Mike Halmo: 10-19-29
- Greg Miller: 10-12-22
- Chris Bruton: 9-11-20
- Riley Wetmore: 6-10-16
- Jason Clark: 4-7-11
- Brett Gallant: 2-5-7
I think deHann will turn some heads and prove that he belongs with the big club and wouldn't shock me if he gets a call up during the season. Strome won't last in the AHL by XMAS. He is getting called up as well.

I have high hopes for Kabanov, I dunno I like the kid.

Shocked Pullock isn't in the AHL, he turns 20yrs old tomorrow. I swear the AHL has the most stupidest rules when it comes to eligibility.

Old
10-05-2013, 07:51 PM
boredmale

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dutch Frost View Post
Shocked Pullock isn't in the AHL, he turns 20yrs old tomorrow. I swear the AHL has the most stupidest rules when it comes to eligibility.
He turns 19 tommorow

Old
10-06-2013, 12:23 AM
scott99

Quote:
Originally Posted by boredmale View Post
Love the way Pedan plays. Might be the most underrated Isle's prospect. Has a ton of talent, can skate, shoot, pass, hit, fight. Just love this kid. Love the way Mayfield plays too. Lee and Strome should be up, Regin and PMB should be gone.

Old
10-06-2013, 08:31 AM
Chapin Landvogt
Hockey's Future Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dutch Frost View Post
Thing is, it's not the AHL.

The NHL and Canadian Juniors have an agreement about when junior-eligible players can or cannot play in the AHL. It was something the CHL pushed for BIG time in the past.

After all, they too are running a business.

Old
10-06-2013, 09:42 AM
Riseonfire
R+L=J

Quote:
Thing is, it's not the AHL.

The NHL and Canadian Juniors have an agreement about when junior-eligible players can or cannot play in the AHL. It was something the CHL pushed for BIG time in the past.

After all, they too are running a business.
yup, and if every single talented player goes running off to the AHL they'd be screwed. At least this way they can enjoy their own players for a little.

Still annoys me though.

Old
10-06-2013, 02:19 PM
Frankie41987

Does anyone know where you could stream video or audio of AHL games besides AHL live where you have to pay?

Closed Thread