Notices

Jagr

Closed Thread

Old
06-22-2013, 11:44 PM
lextune
I'm too old for this

vCash: 500
It is a demonstrative fact to say that Jagr has NEVER missed so many opportunities consecutively. He is done scoring goals at the level he has always enjoyed.

He HAS been affective at times, has had several key assists in our run; no doubt. But at this point he is beyond snakebit.

Old
06-23-2013, 12:40 AM
N o o d l e s

Very surprised at how average the shot on goal was near the end. He's Jaromir frigging Jagr, lift the puck! When that play was developing, I really did think we were about to see our first salute, disappointing.

Old
06-23-2013, 03:33 AM
Xegiie

Quote:
Originally Posted by N o o d l e s View Post
Very surprised at how average the shot on goal was near the end. He's Jaromir frigging Jagr, lift the puck! When that play was developing, I really did think we were about to see our first salute, disappointing.
yep pretty much this i was like here we go thats his big goal..... Jagr, Jagr.... nothing
btw he had 2 very bad looking shots this game, and the previous game he also needed just lift that puck. whats going in, dont tell me he forgot to shoot damn puck

Quote:
Originally Posted by stungun View Post
maybe its the clodes system, who knows.
yes a little, he is trying to win pucks and defend a little, unlike before he was always trying to be unguarded, hell he had even 2 breakaway goals last year against toronto.
He had much more chances there even in dallas, but still last game 2 good goal opputunities and he didnt score, his finish looks below average not much to do with luck

Last edited by Xegiie: 06-23-2013 at 03:38 AM.
Old
06-23-2013, 08:20 AM
BNHL
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by lextune View Post
It is a demonstrative fact to say that Jagr has NEVER missed so many opportunities consecutively. He is done scoring goals at the level he has always enjoyed.

He HAS been affective at times, has had several key assists in our run; no doubt. But at this point he is beyond snakebit.
The biggest disappointment for me will be the non production of Seguin. 21 games 1 friggin goal and he's the future not the past. Great effort though...

Old
06-23-2013, 11:53 AM
gillesgilbert

Quote:
Originally Posted by lextune View Post

You are correct.Jagr has helped and I am going to wait and see how this plays out but I. am not sure if Jagr is a legit top 6 forward anymore,at least with the Bruins.Recchi at 43 had more in the tank than Jagr,and I will gladly eat crow if Jagr scores a couple of goals on Monday.

Old
06-23-2013, 01:06 PM
Xegiie

Quote:
Originally Posted by gillesgilbert View Post
You are correct.Jagr has helped and I am going to wait and see how this plays out but I. am not sure if Jagr is a legit top 6 forward anymore,at least with the Bruins.Recchi at 43 had more in the tank than Jagr,and I will gladly eat crow if Jagr scores a couple of goals on Monday.
Jagr plays really really well if you take into consideration his pressence in locker room, work ethic ect ect... BUT he can not finish, i don't know what happend, he prolly doesn't too.
Imagine he scored on those pipes and some good opportunities, he should have at the very least 6 goals by now.. but somehow he is at 0.. if he wants that cup he need to score once in game 6

Old
06-24-2013, 03:24 PM
Xegiie

Dear Jagr, this is your time to show up, you have been waiting whole play offs and 58 shots to score . This game is the one where you really want to score ... come on!

Old
06-24-2013, 04:33 PM
kytem2

The Bruins did not acquire Jagr for leadership or presence in the dressing room. Yes, he has some assists, but he was brought in to score goals.

jagr has had tons of chances, and I am not sure if anyone has said this yet, but he has CHOKED since being with the Bruins.

He has played 32 total games, and has SHOT the puck into the net ONE time (his other goal was directed off his skate, ruled as a non-kicking motion type of play).

Old
06-24-2013, 04:38 PM
acr*

In case tonight is the last time we see him as a Bruin, or ever (let's hope not), I just have to say that despite the maddening snakebittenness, it has been a privilege to watch such a great player in black and gold. In addition, when we traded for him I knew he was a highly talented player, but I didn't realize how funny and cool of a guy he actually is. His jokes in the press conferences and the favorite player bit were nothing like his reputation as a selfish, brooding star player. I hope he lights the lamp in the next two games and gets his name on the cup again after 21 years.

Old
06-24-2013, 04:40 PM
danpantz

So lane macdermid still has more goals than jagr since the trade.

Old
06-24-2013, 04:45 PM
Xegiie

Quote:
Originally Posted by danpantz View Post
So lane macdermid still has more goals than jagr since the trade.
pretty much anyone has more goals than Jagr.. even Krug

Old
06-24-2013, 04:48 PM
gillesgilbert

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xegiie View Post
Dear Jagr, this is your time to show up, you have been waiting whole play offs and 58 shots to score . This game is the one where you really want to score ... come on!
Yes,I hope he scores a big goal,this is his chance to redeem himself.All will be forgiven.At this point,though,he has absolutely no confidence around the net.

Old
06-24-2013, 05:02 PM
kytem2

Quote:
Originally Posted by acr View Post
In case tonight is the last time we see him as a Bruin, or ever (let's hope not), I just have to say that despite the maddening snakebittenness, it has been a privilege to watch such a great player in black and gold. In addition, when we traded for him I knew he was a highly talented player, but I didn't realize how funny and cool of a guy he actually is. His jokes in the press conferences and the favorite player bit were nothing like his reputation as a selfish, brooding star player. I hope he lights the lamp in the next two games and gets his name on the cup again after 21 years.
Jagr does seem to be a great guy for sure...I can see why Xegiie defends him so much.

Old
06-24-2013, 10:03 PM
Xegiie

well thats it, was hoping for Jagr s big goal in finale, that would make B think about resigning.. no way they gonna do it..
and so much for Jagrs shot for stanley cup hattrick

Old
06-24-2013, 10:09 PM
danpantz

Peace out jags you sly old man.

Old
06-24-2013, 10:13 PM
kytem2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xegiie View Post
well thats it, was hoping for Jagr s big goal in finale, that would make B think about resigning.. no way they gonna do it..
and so much for Jagrs shot for stanley cup hattrick
Nice guy,but he's done...as I stated earlier to much derision, he has no hands, no speed, no shot, nothing.

Old
06-24-2013, 10:15 PM
Yeti34

I think this is it for Jags in a Bs sweater. Good to have him on the team. Great to have the Jagr fans posting in here. Cya Jagr and Jags crew good luck wherever you end up unless its MTL

Old
06-24-2013, 10:17 PM
Shaun

He didn't get to salute in a Bruins jersey.

Old
06-24-2013, 10:19 PM
Xegiie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shaun View Post
He didn't get to salute in a Bruins jersey.

should have done it when he got here...

Old
06-24-2013, 10:20 PM
GarbageGoal
AKA Section109

I will not miss Jagr. Total passenger.

Old
06-24-2013, 10:23 PM
Dennis Bonvie

Maybe he'll score in the next round.

Old
06-24-2013, 11:07 PM
Scotto74
Back in Blue!

so Jagr is getting close and will break out any game now right.

Never want to see him in the Black and Gold again.

Guy belongs in the HOF but not on the Bruins. Doesn't fit the style and did nothing (except a pass or two) for us in the playoffs.

BOSTON STRONG!!!
Old
06-24-2013, 11:40 PM
bruins repeat time

You wont see him in a bruin uniform again but he was not nearly as bad as all you guys will make him out to be now. This team couldn't accomplish what they did without basically everyone helping out in one way or another. dominated rangers swept past a great penguin team and lost a very very close series to the best team we have played in the last several years. I left the leaf series out because although it was a great ending it really wasn't much to be proud of we didn't deserve to be up 3-1 to begin with and fluked game 7 but every other series I am 100 percent proud of this team and basically every player on it.

Old
06-24-2013, 11:44 PM
Dellstrom
Pastrnasty

vCash: 1150
Was a cool novelty for a while. Got kinda old.

Good luck wherever you go.

Old
06-24-2013, 11:48 PM
Trap Jesus

The only upside of the B's losing is that we'll never have to see this plug in a Bruins jersey again.

Closed Thread