Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Boston Bruins
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Dennis Seidenberg

Old
06-22-2013, 10:39 PM
Colt.45Orr

vCash: 500
Looks nowhere near as good as the run in 2011. I don't know what the stats say, but that is what the eyeball test says.

Colt.45Orr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-22-2013, 10:40 PM
Bruinator

He has played 2 absolutely horrible games now, no doubt. Would rather see Bartowski in there but too late now, gotta hope he turns it around.

Bruinator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-22-2013, 10:47 PM
hooked

If it wasn't for bad luck, he wouldn't have any this playoffs. That shot that snapped his stick for the first goal was a bad omen of the way this game was going to go.

hooked is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-22-2013, 11:24 PM
stungun

he is a ufa next summer, $3,250,000 next season with a limited ntc, i shop him hard this summer, cup win or not. we have bartowski and krug knocking at the door, hell ference could be gone too. package seids up with a prospect or pick and get a more versatile defenseman in to work with z.

stungun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-22-2013, 11:55 PM
BoyntBergie

Quote:
Originally Posted by stungun View Post
he is a ufa next summer, $3,250,000 next season with a limited ntc, i shop him hard this summer, cup win or not. we have bartowski and krug knocking at the door, hell ference could be gone too. package seids up with a prospect or pick and get a more versatile defenseman in to work with z.
No. People have such short memories. He's had a sub-par, by his standards, stretch at an awful time. 2 years ago he was arguably better than Chara in the Cup run. He's a piece you keep IMO.

BoyntBergie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-23-2013, 12:07 AM
bruins repeat time

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoyntBergie View Post
No. People have such short memories. He's had a sub-par, by his standards, stretch at an awful time. 2 years ago he was arguably better than Chara in the Cup run. He's a piece you keep IMO.
THIS Seids is one of the best bargains we have.

bruins repeat time is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-23-2013, 08:05 AM
KrejciMVP

Seids and Ferrence looked slow and old. I would love to see Hamilton and Bartkowski come back and take their places

KrejciMVP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-23-2013, 08:08 AM
ODAAT

Quote:
Originally Posted by KrejciMVP View Post
Seids and Ferrence looked slow and old. I would love to see Hamilton and Bartkowski come back and take their places
The Hawks have speed that can make even mobile slow, watched them easily skate by Doughty in the WCF on a regular basis

They would eat Bart and Dougie up at this stage, both far too inexperienced for a Cup final IMO as positive as their play was in earlier rounds

ODAAT is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-23-2013, 08:14 AM
KrejciMVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by ODAAT View Post
The Hawks have speed that can make even mobile slow, watched them easily skate by Doughty in the WCF on a regular basis

They would eat Bart and Dougie up at this stage, both far too inexperienced for a Cup final IMO as positive as their play was in earlier rounds
I just like how Bart and Hamilton push the play and create more offense. I never wanted to replace them when Seids and Ferrence were injured however the media just kept pushing this down our throats everyday.

KrejciMVP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-23-2013, 08:22 AM
ODAAT

Quote:
I just like how Bart and Hamilton push the play and create more offense. I never wanted to replace them when Seids and Ferrence were injured however the media just kept pushing this down our throats everyday.
I like that too, and it worked in the Ranger series, but the Rangers don`t have that transition game like the Hawks do, and if/when a Bart/Dougie get caught out of position, this team will get burned.

This teams issue right now isn`t on the back end, it`s up front, the forwards are a step away from making the smart play, from cutting that skating/passing lane off, and that`s what the Hawks speed does for them.

Sorry, I think that both Bart and Dougie will offer a look this organization hasn`t had in years on the back, mixed in with Krug of course, but as of now, they don`t have anywhere near the horses up front to play a push the puck up ice style against a team who loves to play this way.

No Soupy, potentially no Bergy......there are phrases/cliche`s out there I can`t stand, and I can`t stand them because they are just incorrect IMO. And one of them is the "we won`t use injuries as an excuse"

Sure, it may not be an excuse, but you look at Cup winning teams over the years, and I`ll wager, it`s almost always been the healthiest team, not necessarily the best team who wins er. Doesn`t mean the B`s won`t/can`t pull this off but if they do, it`ll be astounding if missing two of their 4 centerman. Soupy`s absence has been massive unfortunately

ODAAT is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-23-2013, 08:35 AM
tom nuetten

Quote:
hamilton has not one good postseason game... he looked not ready in every game he played (in postseason)

bart looked good and I think he´s better defensively than krug (who´s not bad at all).. krug is better offensively and is good on the pp => he plays over bart...

but if you put bart or krug in seids spot they will look like rookies again... seidenberg had 2 bad games in a row and isn´t as good as he was in 11 or 12, but you don´t replace him with a rookie...

and of course it is not only on the defenders... stupid turnovers by our forwards (marchand , jagr, etc.) are the reason our d looks worse the past few games...

if they can drive through the neutral zone with speed (and they have speed) it´s difficult for any defence (chara looked slow aswell)...

stop the stupid turnovers, hold the puck in the offensive zone (bergeron ) and we´ll see that our d works again..

but without bergeron I don´t see it happen... marchand söderberg jagr can´t do anything... paille kelly segs played better the past few games but is not a scoring thread either => playing with only one line (which doesn´t look that good after the horton injury anymore) doesn´t help the d aswell...

tom nuetten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-26-2013, 10:04 AM
Squirrell71
Offensive

Tore hammy in the Toronto series. That explains the lack of movement.

Squirrell71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-26-2013, 10:14 AM
qc

vCash: 69
Quote:
Originally Posted by tom nuetten View Post
hamilton has not one good postseason game... he looked not ready in every game he played (in postseason)
He looked good in a couple of postseason games in the Tor/Nyr series, especially considering that he was a scratch at the end of the reg season.

Seids struggled at the end, but he's quite valuable. Type of thing where we wouldn't realize how much he does for us until he's gone.

qc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-26-2013, 11:29 AM
gillesgilbert

I certainly want Seidenberg back but not paired with Chara.

gillesgilbert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-26-2013, 11:47 AM
Mountain

Seids had a hamstring injury since Round 1.

Mountain is offline   Reply With Quote