HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Philadelphia Flyers
Notices

Bryzgalov: To Buy Out or Not To Buy Out...That is the Question (Updates in post #1)

Old
06-23-2013, 10:01 AM
supa scoop

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by 3Fs View Post
http://www.philly.com/philly/sports/...Bryzgalov.html

After reading this, really pissed me off. I say buy him out or sit his ass in the minors for the rest of his career.
So a pile of crap written by yet another hack Philly journalist is furthering your opinion of Bryz?

I hope they keep Bryz for the duration of his contract just to piss hack journalists and dense fans off.

supa scoop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-23-2013, 10:07 AM
supa scoop

"It's OK, guys," Bryzgalov said, according to a teammate, speaking on a condition of anonymity. "I will get bought out. I will get paid for this deal and I will get paid double to play for a new team somewhere else."

______

In that same interview, he said he saw "logic" in the policies of Soviet dictator Joseph Stalin, who ordered the execution of tens of millions of people.

______

Old
06-23-2013, 10:08 AM
supa scoop

Are you ****ing kidding me with this? Buyout Frank Seravalli.

Old
06-23-2013, 10:11 AM
LegionOfDoom91

Quote:
Originally Posted by supa scoop View Post
So a pile of crap written by yet another hack Philly journalist is furthering your opinion of Bryz?

I hope they keep Bryz for the duration of his contract just to piss hack journalists and dense fans off.
Ah no, let's not keep an average goalie with a big cap hit just to prove a point.

LegionOfDoom91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-23-2013, 10:17 AM
supa scoop

Quote:
Originally Posted by LegionOfDoom91 View Post
Ah no, let's not keep an average goalie with a big cap hit just to prove a point.
How about we address the issue of why every single goalie we bring in looks average, or the issue of our GM constantly outbidding himself with ridiculous contracts.

Old
06-23-2013, 10:20 AM
FLYERSFAN18

Quote:
How about we address the issue of why every single goalie we bring in looks average, or the issue of our GM constantly outbidding himself with ridiculous contracts.
We could do that and get rid of a 5.6 million cap hit

FLYERSFAN18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-23-2013, 10:21 AM
healthyscratch

Bryz needs to go. Someone else said it and I feel the same, if we to into the season with Bryz still around, well I won't be excited one bit about next year. Time for the circus to leave town.

healthyscratch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-23-2013, 10:21 AM
supa scoop

Quote:
Originally Posted by FLYERSFAN18 View Post
We could do that and still get rid of a 5.6 million cap hit
Won't argue the contract sucks, but everyone salivating over bringing in Bernier or whoever else is in for a rude awakening when the same exact thing happens over and over and over and over. Can't keep dumping goalies.

Old
06-23-2013, 10:24 AM
FLYERSFAN18

Quote:
Won't argue the contract sucks, but everyone salivating over bringing in Bernier or whoever else is in for a rude awakening when the same exact thing happens over and over and over and over. Can't keep dumping goalies.
I think we need to get rid of Lavy and play a more balanced system. But there is no way Bryz should be here next year.

Old
06-23-2013, 10:33 AM
Bob Clarke Fan Club

Quote:
I think we need to get rid of Lavy and play a more balanced system. But there is no way Bryz should be here next year.

The "system" will look much more balanced minus Briere and Bryz. It's not by design that the Flyers are this leaky, otherwise Lavy would already be gone. It was actually pretty amazing, they seemed to tighten up down the stretch with Luke Schenn and the Phantoms on the back end. Definitely has to be more attention paid to detail in the defensive zone this year though.

Bob Clarke Fan Club is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-23-2013, 10:38 AM
FLYERSFAN18

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Clarke Fan Club View Post
The "system" will look much more balanced minus Briere and Bryz. It's not by design that the Flyers are this leaky, otherwise Lavy would already be gone. It was actually pretty amazing, they seemed to tighten up down the stretch with Luke Schenn and the Phantoms on the back end. Definitely has to be more attention paid to detail in the defensive zone this year though.
There is no reason that they couldn't have done that this whole season and last season. Pretty great that they played their best defensively when it mattered the least

Old
06-23-2013, 10:43 AM
LegionOfDoom91

Quote:
Mason looked fine playing behind half of the Phantoms defense while facing 40+ shots on most nights. I'm not saying he's the answer but blaming the defense for Bryz struggles is kind of funny. Bryz just isn't a good goalie. He was a product of Phoenix's defensive system. He could get away without being an athletic goalie there, here he couldn't rely on his positioning.

I agree with the Homer part though.

LegionOfDoom91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-23-2013, 10:49 AM
supa scoop

Quote:
Mason looked fine playing behind half of the Phantoms defense while facing 40+ shots on most nights. I'm not saying he's the answer but blaming the defense for Bryz struggles is kind of funny. Bryz just isn't a good goalie. He was a product of Phoenix's defensive system. He could get away without being an athletic goalie there, here he couldn't rely on his positioning.

Mason did look good. However, I'd say most players that get traded put up nice performances their first 6-10 games on a new team. I'm not ready for the Mason bandwagon until I see a year of him.

Bryz is a good goalie. Is he 51mil over 9 years good? No. Who outside of Lundqvist/Quick is though?

The athletic thing brings me to another point. If an athletic goalie who can cover up for mistakes from a run-and-gun offensive system is/was our need.. could management/coaching not identify that in Bob? Such a ****ing trainwreck.

Old
06-23-2013, 10:51 AM
GKJ
Global Moderator
Entertainment

vCash: 5500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Clarke Fan Club View Post
Might also have to do with Terry Murray running a more defensive system with the Phantoms.

GKJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-23-2013, 11:27 AM
FlyersFan61290

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoDu View Post
I guess Bryz's fate rests on a Bernier deal

I hope we don't have to move someone from the active roster, we don't really have anyone who can move up and play a significant role right now
Well if no roster players are moved then the 11th overall is most definitely involved. I'd be more willing to move Read then the 11th.

FlyersFan61290 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-23-2013, 11:30 AM
FLYERSFAN18

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyersFan61290 View Post
Well if no roster players are moved then the 11th overall is most definitely involved. I'd be more willing to move Read then the 11th.
I would too if I had to chose. But IMO he isn't worth either of them. A second round picks and a mid round pick is what I would give. Goalies just do not have value, especially when they haven't proven themselves as reliable starters.

Old
06-23-2013, 11:34 AM
FlyersFan61290

Quote:

Mason finished with a like .940 sv% down the stretch but Bryz also played well in his final game (when Mason and Bryz were splitting games) he had a like .930 sv%. I'm not saying the defense made Bryz have a sub .900 sv% for the year but they sure didn't help his struggles. The team in general played much much better the final 15 games or so of the season finishing 10-5.

Quote:
I would too if I had to chose. But IMO he isn't worth either of them. A second round picks and a mid round pick is what I would give. Goalies just do not have value, especially when they haven't proven themselves as reliable starters.
Very true but if the rumors of the Wild and Leafs being in on him are true, his value went up, as value is a relative term. With that said I really hope the Flyers play this smart. I don't want to say that I don't want the Flyers to peruse a deal but I feel like whoever gets him will greatly overpay (relative to his value in a vacuum).

FlyersFan61290 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-23-2013, 11:49 AM
Damaged Goods

Leafs just pulled the trigger on Bernier. Reim-Time?

Damaged Goods is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-23-2013, 11:52 AM
Philadelphia Ducks
#BringBackBob

Well, Bernier is gone, Bryz still better be out.

Philadelphia Ducks is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-23-2013, 11:55 AM
Beef Invictus
Global Moderator
Wing or Retire!

vCash: 156
Strikes me as a very odd move for the Leafs.

06-23-2013, 11:56 AM
GKJ
Global Moderator
Entertainment

vCash: 5500
Kings must love Frattin, because I don't think the Leafs gave up anything where if the Flyers pulled the trigger we'd be all that upset about.

GKJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-23-2013, 11:56 AM
nevermore
Cap space since 2005

Quote:
Originally Posted by Philadelphia Ducks View Post
Well, Bernier is gone, Bryz still better be out.
Yeah, that Mason/Heeter tandem sounds delicious.

nevermore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-23-2013, 11:58 AM
SuchySays

vCash: 50
@PhiladelphiaDucks

Bryz is stayin now bro. deal with it.

SuchySays is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-23-2013, 11:59 AM
FLYERSFAN18

Quote:
Originally Posted by nevermore View Post
Yeah, that Mason/Heeter tandem sounds delicious.
Can't be any worse than watching bryz duck under pucks and shoot them into his own goal off of clarksons shin pad

Old
06-23-2013, 12:02 PM
Damaged Goods

I feel like the Flyers ought to have matched this trade value-wise. TOR didn't give up much.

Damaged Goods is offline   Reply With Quote