HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Kasparaitus back Monday Vs Devils

Old
10-15-2006, 08:14 PM
Taz

vCash: 500
I have noticed Rozsival and not in a good way, even in preseason he just makes countless mistakes. Trying to go past a player then getting caught up, he leaves guys by the net unchallanged and doesn't move them, he doesnt hit his shot and powerplay work have been below average. It looks like he is coasting and Malik has been just as average but his passing has been better. I also think he plays far too much and he cannot handle those type of minutes and be effective.

Taz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-16-2006, 12:01 AM
The Amity Affliction
Chasing Ghosts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Son of Steinbrenner View Post
example for what?

Being on the ice for 1 goal out of 7?

Oh that Rozsvial he is the Problem

Pock should sit after his so called effort last night..
Pock??!?!?

Pock skated hard as hell, played the damn well best he could. He's not great, but I'd still rather see him make mistakes as a ROOKIE. Rozsival let Drury set up a campsite for the go-ahead goal. You weren't watching that part of the game though, maybe you were reading something about last year's statsheet from Rozsival and his bloated +35.

Not only that, but one of the goals scored against when Pock was on was a BS deflection - Buffalo's 1st, from Novotny - that went over Weekes' head. That's just a bad bounce, nothing you can do about it. "Rosey's" goal against was just a TERRIBLE play in which he let his guy set up a campsite in the crease. I mean Drury could have had crumpets and tea with Weekes and still scored.

But something tells me that you turned away from the tv when that happened.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Son of Steinbrenner View Post
Yeah that's gonna make me stop....

Get it the guy isn't getting scratched and shouldn't be..

Hey Fly how many GA was Rozsvial on the ice for last night?

People can have different opinions but that doesn't mean i'm going to respect them or call them out for being what they are...Just a cheap knock at a player that isn't born in reality... We have bigger problems on defense than Rozsvial but it's fun to read both the panic posts and the posts that have no basis in reality..

Why not break down the stats for the season so far and tell us why Rozsival should be scratched instead of just a another uncalled for bash..Do us a favor I'd love to read it and of course easily pick it apart..

If you think I'm going to stop because you want me too...

guess again because every negative post about the guy is going to see me respond with either the breakdown of his +/- from last year or better yet the breakdown of his night last night..

just because you don't like Rozsival doesn't mean I have to agree. Besides i have yet to see you come up with ONE good point about why he should be scratched..

Why not bring up Ward or Rachuneck or even Pock ("oh SoS he is too young" i know prospects always win these debates if the next greg hawgood is even considered a prospect..I don't know)
Who cares about how many goals and goals against he was on the ice for?

If he makes a countless number of mistakes, your argument is null and void, and in this case it is.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taz View Post
I have noticed Rozsival and not in a good way, even in preseason he just makes countless mistakes. Trying to go past a player then getting caught up, he leaves guys by the net unchallanged and doesn't move them, he doesnt hit his shot and powerplay work have been below average. It looks like he is coasting and Malik has been just as average but his passing has been better. I also think he plays far too much and he cannot handle those type of minutes and be effective.
Looks like SOS just got thrown off the damn train.

When you read the statsheets, everything looks "Rosey."

Maybe if he watched the game, or was an ACTUAL DEFENSEMAN like some of us are, he'd know just how BAD "Rosey" really is.

Last edited by The Amity Affliction: 10-16-2006 at 12:09 AM.
The Amity Affliction is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-16-2006, 12:15 AM
Son of Steinbrenner

Quote:
Originally Posted by GretzNYR99 View Post
Pock??!?!?

Pock skated hard as hell, played the damn well best he could. He's not great, but I'd still rather see him make mistakes as a ROOKIE. Rozsival let Drury set up a campsite for the go-ahead goal. You weren't watching that part of the game though, maybe you were reading something about last year's statsheet from Rozsival and his bloated +35.

Not only that, but one of the goals scored against when Pock was on was a BS deflection - Buffalo's 1st, from Novotny - that went over Weekes' head. That's just a bad bounce, nothing you can do about it. "Rosey's" goal against was just a TERRIBLE play in which he let his guy set up a campsite in the crease. I mean Drury could have had crumpets and tea with Weekes and still scored.

But something tells me that you turned away from the tv when that happened.

Who cares about how many goals and goals against he was on the ice for?

If he makes a countless number of mistakes, your argument is null and void, and in this case it is.

Looks like SOS just got thrown off the damn train.

When you read the statsheets, everything looks "Rosey."

Maybe if he watched the game, or was an ACTUAL DEFENSEMAN like some of us are, he'd know just how BAD "Rosey" really is.
Actual Defenseman?

In what high school?

Come on that's like saying you could drive Nascar because you have a car...You are no source of defensive postioning...come on man you really think anybody here thinks that means anything..what's next "your a season ticket holder so that makes you a more loyal fan?"

Oh i love it though it's fun to read..

You have no point about Rozsival other than you don't like the guy. The rest of your post is pretty pointless and I don't think Tazs post (which is a very good one) "threw me off the bus"

The Rangers have bigger problems than Rozsival and i'm surprised a seasoned hockey playing vet like yourself doesn't see that...

Son of Steinbrenner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-16-2006, 12:27 AM
NYR94

Send a message via AIM to NYR94
I've liked the way Pock has played, but considering the fact that he isn't always used in offensive situations that would maximize hisparticular skills, I guess he'll be sitting to make room for Kasparaitis.

And it's not so bad. The Rangers have been able to score goals so far, it's the defensive side where they need help.

Here's to Kaspar being a steadying influence on the blueline and playing some good, solid defense.

NYR94 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-16-2006, 06:48 AM
Finest
Puck Fittsburg

Kasper coming back =

That is if we get the guy who thows the body,throws the hip check, annoys the other team, and just generally makes it a joy to watch the Rangers. I dont think we will get the guy who enjoys his time in the sin bin, but we'll have to wait and see.

Finest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-16-2006, 08:31 AM
94now

Kaspar's comeback will be uneventful. I never was a big fan of him, nor I feel any boost now. Defence is a problem for this team, not defencemen. Should we had the best Dmen in the league last night, we would have lost anyway.

94now is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-16-2006, 08:34 AM
Fletch

One question...

why didn't Kaspar play on Saturday? Was Kaspar exactly what the Rangers were missing Saturday night to set a tone? Why all of the sudden is he now ready to play against the Devils? Did his conditioning dramatically improve from game time Saturday night to Sunday morning when Renney made the decision? Kaspar didn't even make the trip. I dunno - the more I think of it, the more I believe that after three subpar defensive performances and efforts, a change would've been nice, and adding Kaspar Saturday, instead of waiting until Monday, may've been nice.

Again - Kaspar replaces Pock (or Malik if Renney really surprises everyone). Renney has three right-handed defensemen and for once, he has three guys who are in their natural right defensive position, a luxury he was never afforded last season. The logical one to sit is a left defenseman. Further logic, for me, is that Kaspar comes in for the third pair left defenseman because you don't want him in the top four, especially coming in cold from not playing the last few weeks. And as I mentioned, if Renney's not going to play Pock on the PP, having in the lineup makes less sense, thus making Pock the logical guy to sit. I think Malik has been pretty bad thus far and at this point that may be the right call, but I don't know if Renney wants to break up that pair so early in the season given their perceived performance last season together.

Fletch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-16-2006, 08:38 AM
Fletch

perhaps the best defenseman in the league could've contained Drury Satruday night and held him scoreless, thus all things being equal, that game goes into OT 4-4. I'm still trying to figure out how Pock gets stuck out there with Afinogenov on one shift and Drury on another. Renney's seems to haphazardly roll his defense, as opposed to matching units of five, which he did a fair amount of last season. Perhaps he's trying to find the units of five that fit best, or perhaps he just doesn't care that much about matching defensemen with forwards and the opposition (the latter we know to be true).

Old
10-16-2006, 09:44 AM
hockeyprincess

Finally!!!!!!!!!!!!! Atta boy, Darius!

hockeyprincess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-16-2006, 10:02 AM
94now

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fletch View Post
I'm still trying to figure out how Pock gets stuck out there with Afinogenov on one shift and Drury on another. Renney's seems to haphazardly roll his defense, as opposed to matching units of five, which he did a fair amount of last season. Perhaps he's trying to find the units of five that fit best, or perhaps he just doesn't care that much about matching defensemen with forwards and the opposition (the latter we know to be true).
It's a good observation, Fletch.
I think Renney is still in pre-season. He has a valid excuse for it, though. The team, with few exceptions, was a bunch of dark horses from getgo.
BTW, Pock was -3 last night. It is the worst +/- on the team. Rozy was again the best with +1. Let's see what Kaspar's number would be.

Old
10-16-2006, 10:33 AM
Fletch

I had thought Pock was -3...

but only remembered two goals for which he was on the ice. Pock seemed to have been playing well going against the third and fourth lines. I don't know how he got out there against Drury and Afinogenov.

Old
10-16-2006, 02:46 PM
94now

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fletch View Post
Pock seemed to have been playing well going against the third and fourth lines. I don't know how he got out there against Drury and Afinogenov.
I hate to re-iterate and it is a hard sell around here, but I am convinced that all of that coming from desire to segregate Russians and Czechs. Since Tyutin is off when Jagr is on, him and Ward get to play against lesser lines of the opposition more often.

Old
10-16-2006, 06:00 PM
shoothepuck

Will be good to see Kasper back, but not at the expense of Pock. Kasper will hit though and that's whats needed. Happy birthday

shoothepuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-17-2006, 08:08 AM
hockeyprincess

I think I heard a newscaster say that Darius was wearing a wig...
I doubt it... but it was so nice to see him play.
I think that he is so awesome!

hockeyprincess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-17-2006, 08:12 AM
Fletch

it did seem through the first several games that Ward and Tyutin did play with Jagr a bit. In last night's game against the Devils, it appeared as though Malik/Rozsival were out there for each one of Jagr's shifts and the other two pairs were out there for the other shifts, which left Rachunek and Kaspar, in his first game, often against some pretty decent offensive talent while Malik/Rozsival went against a trio that was out there to stop Jagr, which is a less 'defensive' role and more 'offensive'. The Rangers got it done. I just sometimes don't understand what Renney is trying to do out there (or he's just trying to win with Jagr, Shanny and Henke, and the rest don't matter as much).