HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Pittsburgh Penguins
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Around the NHL - Summer Updates

Closed Thread

Old
06-23-2013, 01:28 PM
mpp9

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chancellor Vitale View Post
They just solved one of their last remaining problems. The Leafs are going to be a good team next year if they make a couple more adjustments IMO.

Really wanted to trade for that guy but obviously no change with the Fleury nonsense going on in this organization. Hopefully now people see a trade like LA 1st + Bernier for Letang was not far-fetched (value-wise). Only far-fetched in the sense of them not needing another offensive D and us not looking to acquire a goalie. Damn youZ Mario, Ray and Bylsma!
Yeah, I'd say it's still very far-fetched. Letang's value ***** all over Bernier's.

Old
06-23-2013, 02:21 PM
Darth Vitale
Transitional Period

Huh? Letang is easily worth a late 1st and Bernier. And then some arguably, if we included one of our 3rds. Look what they got for him.

1st, Bernier, Muzzin
for
Letang, 3rd

would've been interesting. He's not quite worth all three of those by himself but throw a decent pick in and he might be. Just not to a team with Doughty and Voynov leading the charge. Letang would be a redundant expense for them.

Old
06-23-2013, 02:22 PM
MetalheadPenguinsFan
Disco Is Dead!!!

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Waffle Fries View Post
Jagr hasn't scored a goal in his last 23 games.
Good.

Old
06-23-2013, 02:25 PM
Darth Vitale
Transitional Period

I like Jagr's handlebar chops (caused by the grey chin hair). Definitely the best thing about his playoffs.

Old
06-23-2013, 02:27 PM
Crafton
Liver-Eating Johnson

Quote:
Huh? Letang is easily worth a late 1st and Bernier. And then some arguably, if we included one of our 3rds. Look what they got for him.

1st, Bernier, Muzzin
for
Letang, 3rd

would've been interesting. He's not quite worth all three of those by himself but throw a decent pick in and he might be. Just not to a team with Doughty and Voynov leading the charge. Letang would be a redundant expense for them.
he's saying Letang is worth far more than Bernier.

also, as much as i love you, i really don't get your sense of valuation. you think 1st, Bernier, Muzzin is interesting return for Letang but balk at JVR, Reimer, Gardiner? the second package seems far, far more valuable.

*as with every Letang post, here's the expected disclaimer: I DONTZ WANT 2 TRADZ DA HAIR

Old
06-23-2013, 02:33 PM
Darth Vitale
Transitional Period

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crafton View Post
he's saying Letang is worth far more than Bernier.

also, as much as i love you, i really don't get your sense of valuation. you think 1st, Bernier, Muzzin is interesting return for Letang but balk at JVR, Reimer, Gardiner? the second package seems far, far more valuable.

That all revolves around Bernier.

Bernier is by far the most valuable asset to us (may not be true of other teams) among any of those players IMO... probably Gardiner 2nd most valuable, the 1st round next (given this year's draft quality), then the rest. Bernier has the makings of a bona fide stud goalie. Reimer does not IMO. Muzzin is not Gardiner but he has a bomb of a shot and will be a good D also.

Either way this is the Around the League thread so let's keep it that.

Old
06-23-2013, 08:36 PM
Waffle Fries

Bob McKenzie ✔ @TSNBobMcKenzie
Knock me over with a feather, but MTL has officially notified Tomas Kaberle that the dman will be MTL's second and final compliance buyout.

Old
06-24-2013, 07:30 AM
Shady Machine

Quote:
Bob McKenzie ✔ @TSNBobMcKenzie
Knock me over with a feather, but MTL has officially notified Tomas Kaberle that the dman will be MTL's second and final compliance buyout.

Kind of surprised since he only had 1 year left on his deal, but I guess the sooner you can rid yourself of guys you don't want, the better. Shero take notes.

Old
06-24-2013, 08:04 AM
UnrealMachine

As history has shown, with Boston on the verge of elimination, I expect tonights game to be the worst officiated one yet.

Old
06-24-2013, 08:46 AM
Le Magnifique 66
Let's Go Pens

Go Hawks

Old
06-24-2013, 08:47 AM
Shady Machine

Go Bruins. Pretty sure I'm the only Pens fan wanting the Bruins to win.

Old
06-24-2013, 10:20 AM
Darth Vitale
Transitional Period

Hawks all the way. I don't hate Boston the way some people do / don't have the delusion that they somehow don't deserve to be there, but I definitely want Chicago to win. Clearly the superior original six franchise since Bill Wirtz died.

Old
06-24-2013, 10:38 AM
Shrimper
Trick or ruddy treat

Go Hawks, end it tonight.

Old
06-24-2013, 10:40 AM
Shady Machine

Doesn't anybody have the hate for Captain Intagibles?

Old
06-24-2013, 10:41 AM
Al Smith

I'm pulling for the Bruins tonight, only because I want to see two more games instead of one. Offseason stinks, as it's when the Pirates swoon and the Steelers start camp and begin their annual pilgrimage to IR.

Old
06-24-2013, 11:00 AM
Darth Vitale
Transitional Period

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shady Machine View Post
Doesn't anybody have the hate for Captain Intagibles?
Neither Captain Intangibles (assume you mean Toews) nor Captain Clutch (Bergeron, even if not the captain), are even guaranteed to be on the ice tonight, by the sounds of it.

About the only thing I hate about Toews and Kane is their playoff beards. Truly awful. Guys like them and Sid should be exempt from the playoff beard mandate. Just doesn't work for some guys. When in doubt, let Geno be your guide. Geno has no need of playoff beards to make him awesome or more of a playoff stud.

Old
06-24-2013, 11:12 AM
Mr Jiggyfly

Quote:
Neither Captain Intangibles (assume you mean Toews) nor Captain Clutch (Bergeron, even if not the captain), are even guaranteed to be on the ice tonight, by the sounds of it.

About the only thing I hate about Toews and Kane is their playoff beards. Truly awful. Guys like them and Sid should be exempt from the playoff beard mandate. Just doesn't work for some guys. When in doubt, let Geno be your guide. Geno has no need of playoff beards to make him awesome or more of a playoff stud.
Kane just seems douchy, from all I have read and the **** he keeps getting into to, but I don't know the guy so whatever.

I want Chicago to win so the rest of the league follows the "skill to win" trend. If Boston wins again, it will just put more emphasis on systemized, clutch and grab hockey as the best way to win.

IMHO of course.

Old
06-24-2013, 11:13 AM
Shady Machine

Quote:

Fair enough

I'm fine with either team winning. Just don't want to hear all the Hawks fans/media pimp Toews as 2 time Stanley Cup and 1 time Conne Smythe winner to Crosby's one Cup.

Old
06-24-2013, 11:15 AM
Shady Machine

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Jiggyfly View Post
Kane just seems douchy, from all I have read and the **** he keeps getting into to, but I don't know the guy so whatever.

I want Chicago to win so the rest of the league follows the "skill to win" trend. If Boston wins again, it will just put more emphasis on systemized, clutch and grab hockey as the best way to win.

IMHO of course.
Yeah I suppose I agree with the "skill to win" over "clutch and grab". That said, for some reason, I just really like some of Boston's players.

Old
06-24-2013, 11:20 AM
Waffle Fries

Another reason that I want Chicago to win is because it doesn't feel right to me for Jeremy Jacobs to win the Cup during this lockout shortened season.

Old
06-24-2013, 11:21 AM
Darth Vitale
Transitional Period

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Jiggyfly View Post
Kane is the poster-child for "never grew up before he got to the NHL" and seems to have had knucklehead roll models / influence where he grew up (Dad, friends, etc). I mean, even 19 and 20 years olds are often relatively mature when drafted into this league. More mature than I was at 19! Good kids, etc.

I don't think he's a bad kid, he's just (frankly) not very bright and not mature yet. He's got a little bit of Roenick DNA in him I think. The partying knucklehead type but without the big media mouth.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shady Machine View Post
Fair enough

I'm fine with either team winning. Just don't want to hear all the Hawks fans/media pimp Toews as 2 time Stanley Cup and 1 time Conne Smythe winner to Crosby's one Cup.
Yah well... other fans can suck it. Who cares what they think.

Old
06-24-2013, 11:35 AM
Shady Machine

Quote:

Yah well... other fans can suck it. Who cares what they think.
It definitely doesn't keep me up at night. Just like watching other "super stars" fail.

Old
06-24-2013, 11:42 AM
MetalheadPenguinsFan
Disco Is Dead!!!

Yeah hopefully the Hawks win it tonight. Although I agree Kane seems like a real ******. Not only does he have a very punchable looking face IMO, but he has always reminded me of the preppy kid in school playing sports who showboats and thinks he's better than everyone else.

Personally I hope Chicago wins because it'll mean a second Cup for Hossa. It's ironic. When he was with us we lost in the 2008 Cup Final but then beat him and Detroit for a Cup in 2009. Now he could very well have 2 Cups since that happened.

Seeing Jagr go without a Cup after his epic goal drought would be glorious as well.

Old
06-24-2013, 11:49 AM
BrunoPuntzJones
Biscuit Scorer

Quote:
Another reason that I want Chicago to win is because it doesn't feel right to me for Jeremy Jacobs to win the Cup during this lockout shortened season.
Yup. Screw that whole organization. Bruins fans are upset with the Penguins for so long and all because Jacobs is too cheap to hire doctors that could properly diagnose and treat a concussion. Probably the worst owner in the NHL and one of the worst owners in all sports.

Old
06-24-2013, 01:06 PM
maxpenguins6630

Backstrom re-upped 3 years in Minny

Closed Thread