HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

2013 Offseason Thread Part VI: Buyout Season

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
06-23-2013, 04:11 PM
  #951
Kershaw
 
Kershaw's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Country:
Posts: 25,519
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by SA16 View Post
Lindberg gets ridiculously overrated around here.
Agreed.

Kershaw is offline  
Old
06-23-2013, 04:12 PM
  #952
Trxjw
Moderator
Bored.
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Land of no calls..
Country: United States
Posts: 16,438
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by SA16 View Post
Lindberg gets ridiculously overrated around here.
Oh god.

Trxjw is offline  
Old
06-23-2013, 04:13 PM
  #953
Josh3217
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2013
Posts: 540
vCash: 500
Boyle or Lapierre as a 4th line center?

Josh3217 is offline  
Old
06-23-2013, 04:13 PM
  #954
Silence Of The Plams
All these feels
 
Silence Of The Plams's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Lancaster, NY
Country: United States
Posts: 17,151
vCash: 500
Also agree with that. I can't see why we're slotting him in on the big club when he hasn't touched MSG ice yet, or even NHL.

Silence Of The Plams is offline  
Old
06-23-2013, 04:13 PM
  #955
Lundsanity30
Registered User
 
Lundsanity30's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 10,204
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trxjw View Post
Always a good sign when you have to start prorating stats to make a case for a player.
I'm guessing you're not talking about Glencross because that has already been proven wrong by his 3 year straight track record

Lundsanity30 is offline  
Old
06-23-2013, 04:15 PM
  #956
SA16
Two by two...
 
SA16's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Long Island
Country: United States
Posts: 1,940
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trxjw View Post
Oh god.
Tell me where, other than Ranger fans on this forum, is he considered anywhere close to a top prospect? He's only 21 - last year was the only time he ever even put up decent numbers, he's never played in North America before and you think he can just come in right away and be capable of playing an above average 3rd line center role? Your expectations are way too high.

SA16 is offline  
Old
06-23-2013, 04:15 PM
  #957
LetterJ
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Atlantic Canada
Country: Canada
Posts: 486
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Guess What View Post
Also agree with that. I can't see why we're slotting him in on the big club when he hasn't touched MSG ice yet, or even NHL.
Nor has any player that will be selected next Saturday in the 2013 NHL entry draft. If you don't think Lindberg plays in the NHL next year, I can see that argument. But to rip on Lindberg because he has yet to play in the NHL is faulty reasoning, because it can apply to MacKinnon, Jones, Drouin, Barkov, etc.

LetterJ is offline  
Old
06-23-2013, 04:16 PM
  #958
Silence Of The Plams
All these feels
 
Silence Of The Plams's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Lancaster, NY
Country: United States
Posts: 17,151
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by LetterJ View Post
Nor has any player that will be selected next Saturday in the 2013 NHL entry draft.
Where did this come from? We were talking about prospects we have and over-rated ness. But thanks for the obvious statement

Silence Of The Plams is offline  
Old
06-23-2013, 04:23 PM
  #959
Bleed Ranger Blue
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 14,803
vCash: 500
Year after year after year, people slot players that simply aren't ready for the NHL into spots in the lineup. Year after year after year, it doesnt happen that quickly.

Looks like Lindberg is this year's example

Bleed Ranger Blue is offline  
Old
06-23-2013, 04:25 PM
  #960
Trxjw
Moderator
Bored.
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Land of no calls..
Country: United States
Posts: 16,438
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lundsanity30 View Post
I'm guessing you're not talking about Glencross because that has already been proven wrong by his 3 year straight track record
Is that his track record of not playing a full season, or track record of being able to bend the stats to make it seem like he was guaranteed to score 20+ goals again? Is he not eligible for the "unsustainable shooting percentage" bit? Or does that only apply to guys like Jordan Eberle?

Trxjw is offline  
Old
06-23-2013, 04:26 PM
  #961
SA16
Two by two...
 
SA16's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Long Island
Country: United States
Posts: 1,940
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bleed Ranger Blue View Post
Year after year after year, people slot players that simply aren't ready for the NHL into spots in the lineup. Year after year after year, it doesnt happen that quickly.

Looks like Lindberg is this year's example
Of this, one of the few ones I can think of that did work out was Prucha. But other than him there are very few. I guess Stepan as well but he was a much bigger prospect than either of the other guys. Maybe Sauer?

SA16 is offline  
Old
06-23-2013, 04:28 PM
  #962
Lundsanity30
Registered User
 
Lundsanity30's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 10,204
vCash: 500
Would del Zotto + minor prospect and/or pick get Glencross and one year of Cammalleri? This would be sweet. Kreider - Stepan - Nash. Glencross-Brass-Zucc. Hags-Cam-Cally. Xx-boyle-dorsett. With McD /G. Staal/Stralman. Moore-X, Eminger 7th D. Three scoring lines with one being a shutdown line and someone responsible defensively on the first 2 lines (Stepan and glencross)

Lundsanity30 is offline  
Old
06-23-2013, 04:29 PM
  #963
Kershaw
 
Kershaw's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Country:
Posts: 25,519
vCash: 50
Glencross has an absurdbly high shooting percentage, but he'd still be a solid scorer with career averages.

Kershaw is offline  
Old
06-23-2013, 04:29 PM
  #964
Trxjw
Moderator
Bored.
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Land of no calls..
Country: United States
Posts: 16,438
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by SA16 View Post
Tell me where, other than Ranger fans on this forum, is he considered anywhere close to a top prospect? He's only 21 - last year was the only time he ever even put up decent numbers, he's never played in North America before and you think he can just come in right away and be capable of playing an above average 3rd line center role? Your expectations are way too high.
Ah, yes. Just because there are over zealous posters on the board, that means my expectations are too high. What are my expectations exactly?

Trxjw is offline  
Old
06-23-2013, 04:30 PM
  #965
SA16
Two by two...
 
SA16's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Long Island
Country: United States
Posts: 1,940
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trxjw View Post
Ah, yes. Just because there are over zealous posters on the board, that means my expectations are too high. What are my expectations exactly?
Slotting him in at 3rd line center to start this season. If that's not your expectation then you didn't make it clear.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kershaw View Post
Glencross has an absurdbly high shooting percentage, but he'd still be a solid scorer with career averages.
Could be he just doesn't shoot much unless he has a good opportunity. His career is 15% which is high but that is over a pretty large sample. Obviously his 11-12 24% is absurd but I think expecting him to settle in at 14-15% is reasonable.

SA16 is offline  
Old
06-23-2013, 04:30 PM
  #966
Silence Of The Plams
All these feels
 
Silence Of The Plams's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Lancaster, NY
Country: United States
Posts: 17,151
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trxjw View Post
Ah, yes. Just because there are over zealous posters on the board, that means my expectations are too high. What are my expectations exactly?
Give me a minute to formulate something absurd.

Silence Of The Plams is offline  
Old
06-23-2013, 04:31 PM
  #967
Lundsanity30
Registered User
 
Lundsanity30's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 10,204
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trxjw View Post
Is that his track record of not playing a full season, or track record of being able to bend the stats to make it seem like he was guaranteed to score 20+ goals again? Is he not eligible for the "unsustainable shooting percentage" bit? Or does that only apply to guys like Jordan Eberle?
Again he's been 16 percent or better for 3 straight years, that's becoming a track record no status bending needed. What's Eberle have to do with anything?

Lundsanity30 is offline  
Old
06-23-2013, 04:36 PM
  #968
Trxjw
Moderator
Bored.
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Land of no calls..
Country: United States
Posts: 16,438
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by SA16 View Post
Slotting him in at 3rd line center to start this season. If that's not your expectation then you didn't make it clear.
I've said I think he can compete for that spot. Nowhere did imply that it's a guarantee. You making assumptions about my expectations has nothing to do with me. That's on you.

Trxjw is offline  
Old
06-23-2013, 04:38 PM
  #969
SA16
Two by two...
 
SA16's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Long Island
Country: United States
Posts: 1,940
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trxjw View Post
I've said I think he can compete for that spot. Nowhere did imply that it's a guarantee. You making assumptions about my expectations has nothing to do with me. That's on you.
False. I replied to UAGoalieGuy here http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/sh...&postcount=946 slotting him in at 3rd line center. You then replied to my response so obviously it is implied that you feel like he is not overrated around here and that it's reasonable for him to start out as 3rd line center.

SA16 is offline  
Old
06-23-2013, 04:40 PM
  #970
Trxjw
Moderator
Bored.
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Land of no calls..
Country: United States
Posts: 16,438
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lundsanity30 View Post
Again he's been 16 percent or better for 3 straight years, that's becoming a track record no status bending needed. What's Eberle have to do with anything?
Ah, so now it's 'becoming' a track record. Extrapolating 40 games worth of stats over an entire season is bending the stats.

If you aren't up on the Eberle bit, I'm not going to bother getting into it.

Trxjw is offline  
Old
06-23-2013, 04:42 PM
  #971
Lundsanity30
Registered User
 
Lundsanity30's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 10,204
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trxjw View Post
Ah, so now it's 'becoming' a track record. Extrapolating 40 games worth of stats over an entire season is bending the stats.

If you aren't up on the Eberle bit, I'm not going to bother getting into it.
I would absolutely take Eberle fwiw lol

Lundsanity30 is offline  
Old
06-23-2013, 04:46 PM
  #972
Trxjw
Moderator
Bored.
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Land of no calls..
Country: United States
Posts: 16,438
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by SA16 View Post
False. I replied to UAGoalieGuy here http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/sh...&postcount=946 slotting him in at 3rd line center. You then replied to my response so obviously it is implied that you feel like he is not overrated around here and that it's reasonable for him to start out as 3rd line center.
So you replied by making a random generalization without quoting him? Yeah, I'll buy that.

Not worth it. I'll agree to disagree.

Trxjw is offline  
Old
06-23-2013, 04:47 PM
  #973
Kris Chreider
Pass Off The Pads
 
Kris Chreider's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: NYC/Minneapolis
Country: United States
Posts: 7,280
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lundsanity30
I would absolutely take Eberle fwiw lol
At 6M? Not the worst contract, but not nearly the best.

Kris Chreider is offline  
Old
06-23-2013, 04:52 PM
  #974
Punxrocknyc19*
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 10,233
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Josh3217 View Post
Boyle or Lapierre as a 4th line center?
Lapierre.. more speed more offensive ability and has a chance to give NYR a powerplay while getting the star players off of their game to take stupid penalties...


Punxrocknyc19* is offline  
Old
06-23-2013, 04:57 PM
  #975
Kris Chreider
Pass Off The Pads
 
Kris Chreider's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: NYC/Minneapolis
Country: United States
Posts: 7,280
vCash: 500
No, I completely agree that Lindberg not being used to NA ice isn't that big of a problem.

Just stick him in the AHL for a month or two.

Kris Chreider is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:28 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.