HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Chicago Blackhawks
Notices

All Prospect Talk Part 2

Closed Thread

Old
06-04-2013, 05:13 AM
Bubba88
Toews = Savior

vCash: 500
we signed LeBlanc, we signed Broadhurst and now Raanta. That's 2 MVPs of their leagues this season and 1 guy that had a good transition to the OHL and stepped it up in the POs - all while being a 7th Round pick.

I like that kind of asset management

Old
06-04-2013, 10:45 AM
GGGHawks18

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bubba88 View Post
we signed LeBlanc, we signed Broadhurst and now Raanta. That's 2 MVPs of their leagues this season and 1 guy that had a good transition to the OHL and stepped it up in the POs - all while being a 7th Round pick.

I like that kind of asset management
You've got to give it to Bowman. Ever since he has come in, he has drafted very well and has made some very good trades that has helped this team. He has built this team that is 2 wins away from the Stanley Cup Final. He has done an excellent job in my opinion.

Old
06-04-2013, 12:30 PM
Bubba88
Toews = Savior

...that's what I wanted to say + we got good value

Old
06-09-2013, 04:52 PM
Caje

Not sure if this has been posted somewhere, but Tyler Bertuzzi (nephew of Todd) is in Chicago for a pre-draft work out.
http://www.guelphmercury.com/sports-...-to-nhl-draft/

Old
06-09-2013, 06:48 PM
slappipappi

Teams need to manage their assets in a cap world.

Bolland has had a good career for the Hawks, but he can't stay healthy.

He's a UFA after next season, time to move on and have Kruger replace his minutes.

You can't fall in love with your complimentary players, and that's what Bolland has become. His skill set is replaceable with current players, and we need his cap space.

Trade for a draft pick and help keep the prospect cupboard full, that's how you keep a contender for many years in a cap world.

Look what Calgary (and now Vancouver) has done. They keet signing every player because they didn't have cheaper and younger players coming up to replace them. You need to let the Stajans and the Higgins type players walk if you can fill them more cheaply with younger players. And that describes Bolland.

Why is Chicago a better team this year than the last 2 years.

Look no further than the depth of our 3-4 lines and 5-6 d-men. Guys like Shaw, Kruger, Frolik, Stalberg, Bickell have given us a depth edge over other teams. Going ahead and giving Bickell $4M would simply negate that advantage. We can replace Bickell. Or at least we have to try. Giving him a $3.5M raise will not make is a better team. Unless you really believe he can continue scoring at a 22.9% shot pace, about double his career rate.

Old
06-10-2013, 03:20 PM
HockeySensible
Dat Mullet Doe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Landru View Post
Not sure if this has been posted somewhere, but Tyler Bertuzzi (nephew of Todd) is in Chicago for a pre-draft work out.
http://www.guelphmercury.com/sports-...-to-nhl-draft/
That's certainly interesting. Could be a 6th or 7th rounder this year.

Old
06-11-2013, 08:05 PM
Kaners BAC

Quote:
Originally Posted by slappipappi View Post
Teams need to manage their assets in a cap world.

Bolland has had a good career for the Hawks, but he can't stay healthy.

He's a UFA after next season, time to move on and have Kruger replace his minutes.

You can't fall in love with your complimentary players, and that's what Bolland has become. His skill set is replaceable with current players, and we need his cap space.

Trade for a draft pick and help keep the prospect cupboard full, that's how you keep a contender for many years in a cap world.

Look what Calgary (and now Vancouver) has done. They keet signing every player because they didn't have cheaper and younger players coming up to replace them. You need to let the Stajans and the Higgins type players walk if you can fill them more cheaply with younger players. And that describes Bolland.

Why is Chicago a better team this year than the last 2 years.

Look no further than the depth of our 3-4 lines and 5-6 d-men. Guys like Shaw, Kruger, Frolik, Stalberg, Bickell have given us a depth edge over other teams. Going ahead and giving Bickell $4M would simply negate that advantage. We can replace Bickell. Or at least we have to try. Giving him a $3.5M raise will not make is a better team. Unless you really believe he can continue scoring at a 22.9% shot pace, about double his career rate.
Well said.

Stalberg, Bickell, Bolland, and Frolik are the supplementary pieces that you cannot pay market value for. They must be replaced on the roster by Morin, Pirri, Smith, LeBlanc, and Hayes at a fraction of the price. If Bowman keeps replenishing the minors with good drafts, the system sustains itself. Pay the core and swap out the supporting cast with youngsters and the occasional free agent signee.

Old
06-16-2013, 12:16 AM
HockeySensible
Dat Mullet Doe

Stephen Johns had an interesting tweet today.

Quote:
@stjohns28
Back to ND for one last time. Crazy.
Now, I don't know what he meant by that.. but to me, it sounded like he was at ND (for the weekend maybe?) and that he won't be returning. If that's the case, he's signing with the Hawks. And that's awesome.

Old
06-16-2013, 01:16 AM
Sarava

Quote:
Originally Posted by HossTheBoss View Post
Stephen Johns had an interesting tweet today.

Now, I don't know what he meant by that.. but to me, it sounded like he was at ND (for the weekend maybe?) and that he won't be returning. If that's the case, he's signing with the Hawks. And that's awesome.
I took that as he's going back for his senior year and that he finds it amazing that the Hawks won't sign him? Interesting how we both had polar opposite takes of the same quote. I hope yours turns out to be the correct one!

Old
06-16-2013, 09:19 AM
Bubba88
Toews = Savior

I take it as he will play his senior year and he is surprised about that...

Old
06-16-2013, 03:13 PM
WarriorofTime

Quote:
Given the vernacular of most US college kids I would definitely say he finds it "crazy" that he will never be at Notre Dame again. I see people make that same type of post all the time and that is pretty much always how they mean it.

I'd be extremely disappointed if Johns is taking to the Twitterverse to complain about the Hawks not offering him a contract..

Old
06-16-2013, 03:25 PM
Blue Liner

Quote:
Originally Posted by WarriorofTime View Post
Given the vernacular of most US college kids I would definitely say he finds it "crazy" that he will never be at Notre Dame again. I see people make that same type of post all the time and that is pretty much always how they mean it.

I'd be extremely disappointed if Johns is taking to the Twitterverse to complain about the Hawks not offering him a contract..
I took it this way, as well. Took it as a nostalgic "crazy this is my last year here" kinda thing. Like it's hard to believe it went so fast and my senior year is here.

Old
06-16-2013, 03:56 PM
UsernameWasTaken
HFBoards Sponsor

I took it the same way that Hoss did.

If he were going back next year, I don't think he'd be describing a year at school as "one last time". Maybe he went up for the weekend to remove stuff he had up there or something.

Looks like ND's running a skills camp today through Thursday. Maybe he went to help with that...I think he helped with one of their camps last year, which is why he didn't go to prospects camp.

Old
06-16-2013, 04:57 PM
Bubba88
Toews = Savior

I hope he gets a contract, but I find it strange to have a Blues fan playing for us... (just like Bollig)

Old
06-18-2013, 01:08 AM
UsernameWasTaken
HFBoards Sponsor

has anyone heard any rumours re alex broadhurst? i know they've signed him...honestly, i think he'd get more productive time staying in london than going to rockford.

Old
06-19-2013, 06:33 PM
HockeySensible
Dat Mullet Doe

Quote:
Originally Posted by UsernameWasTaken View Post
has anyone heard any rumours re alex broadhurst? i know they've signed him...honestly, i think he'd get more productive time staying in london than going to rockford.
I haven't heard anything. I would be somewhat surprised if he started in Rockford though. I just don't see where they have the room.

Forwards that are signed by the Hawks and expected to be in Rockford next year: LeBlanc/Pirri, Morin/J.Hayes, Beach, Danault, McNeill, Nordstrom, T.Broadhurst, Froese, Ross.

Forwards on AHL deals/guys that could be with Rockford next year: Mullane, St.Pierre, Gilbert, Mills, Sauve.

So, there's 14 guys (LeBlanc/Pirri and Morin/J.Hayes count as 1 each). Plus there's rumors of them wanting to bring Teravainen over, and rumors that Shalunov's coming to N.A this year, as well as the probability of signing an AHL vet or two. Both Teravainen and Shalunov would play over Broadhurst - Shalunov more so because he'd have to play Pro, unless he'd be willing to play an overage year in the CHL (which I doubt).

So, it basically boils down to would you rather have A.Broadhurst in Toledo, or on perhaps the best Junior team heading into the 2013-14 season, that will be hosting the Memorial Cup? I'd choose the latter, if I was the Hawks.

Old
06-20-2013, 12:12 AM
UsernameWasTaken
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by HossTheBoss View Post
I haven't heard anything. I would be somewhat surprised if he started in Rockford though. I just don't see where they have the room.

Forwards that are signed by the Hawks and expected to be in Rockford next year: LeBlanc/Pirri, Morin/J.Hayes, Beach, Danault, McNeill, Nordstrom, T.Broadhurst, Froese, Ross.

Forwards on AHL deals/guys that could be with Rockford next year: Mullane, St.Pierre, Gilbert, Mills, Sauve.

So, there's 14 guys (LeBlanc/Pirri and Morin/J.Hayes count as 1 each). Plus there's rumors of them wanting to bring Teravainen over, and rumors that Shalunov's coming to N.A this year, as well as the probability of signing an AHL vet or two. Both Teravainen and Shalunov would play over Broadhurst - Shalunov more so because he'd have to play Pro, unless he'd be willing to play an overage year in the CHL (which I doubt).

So, it basically boils down to would you rather have A.Broadhurst in Toledo, or on perhaps the best Junior team heading into the 2013-14 season, that will be hosting the Memorial Cup? I'd choose the latter, if I was the Hawks.
yeah, i agree with you...i hadn't even been thinking of the echl as an option. tbh, i kinda think of that as a 'league of last resort' development-wise. i cannot think of any scenario where it would be a better option for broadhurst than london. and honestly, broadhurst isn't a good enough player at this point that you'd be worried his development would be 'hurt' by another year in junior.

something i love about london is you know the coaching is going to be top level...honestly, i'd trust hunter as a coach over some of the ahl teams out there.

Old
06-22-2013, 10:36 PM
RFIP
I LOVE CRAWFORD!

Quote:
As previously noted, I live in the same small town as Johns and my son confirmed tonight with a girl that knows SJ very well that he is going back to ND for his senior year...much to my chagrin.

Old
06-22-2013, 11:25 PM
Tone King
Atomic Punk

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by RFIP View Post
As previously noted, I live in the same small town as Johns and my son confirmed tonight with a girl that knows SJ very well that he is going back to ND for his senior year...much to my chagrin.
Well.....that stinks.

Old
06-23-2013, 06:54 AM
hawksfan50

BICKELL is no longer a supplemental piece on the bottom 2lines...have you not been watching what he has done these playoffs and what he means as a top line LW big body to create space fir T and K to make that line CLICK even against the God Chara? No Bickell is now an ESSENTIAL core piece..to put hom on with the supplementals is ridiculous..They have to pay him to market price lrss a bit of hometown discount on his part. ..

Old
06-23-2013, 09:22 AM
clydesdale line

Alittle hungover, but I met Brandon Pirri and Kevin Hayes last night at rush and division. (downtown at a food joint by Shenanagans) Really cool guys, both were shocked I knew who they were. (although I thought Kevin was originally Jimmy, crazy how much they look alike) Pirri had some "interesting" things to say about some topics I brought up (his defense, Q, a buddy of mine who does interviews for Rockford, jersey number/Campoli, etc.) and Kevin said his knee is fine and he's excited about his senior year at BC comming up. Also told him to let his brother know to use his big body more (brought up his uncle Keith Tkachuk as well and he was very impressed) Both caught the Hawks win and both were hammered. Hopefully we see the whole "trench guys" (Pirri, Stanton, Morin, J. Hayes etc. to go with Leddy, Shaw) all with the big club next season.

Old
06-23-2013, 09:50 AM
Illinihockey

Quote:
Originally Posted by clydesdale line View Post
) Pirri had some "interesting" things to say about some topics.
Go on...

Old
06-23-2013, 04:22 PM
Bubba88
Toews = Savior

Quote:
Pirri had some "interesting" things to say about some topics I brought up
wanna tell us more? If not here, tell me with a PM

Old
06-23-2013, 04:26 PM
pvr
Kruger Line=2.5 Men

Quote:
Originally Posted by Illinihockey View Post
Go on...
Yes, please...

Old
06-23-2013, 05:17 PM
Tone King
Atomic Punk

vCash: 50
You cannot tease us and not tell us one tidbit!

Closed Thread