HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > Other Leagues > NCAA, CIS, and other college
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
NCAA, CIS, and other college Discuss college/university news, players, leagues, games, and tournaments.

CIS Recruiting 2013-14

Old
06-19-2013, 12:56 AM
Neugs

vCash: 500
Former North York (OJHL) captain and defenceman Dana Tenenbaum is going to play for Brock next season.

Neugs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-19-2013, 07:49 AM
Rob

Quote:
Originally Posted by FreddtFoyle View Post
StFX's announcement of Tri-City's Justin Feser:

http://www.goxgo.ca/news/2013/6/18/MH_0618135439.aspx
Very big addition for X. He put up 106 points in 72 games in the WHL last season.

With the addition of Robert Stanley their offence has definitely improved.

Rob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-19-2013, 10:00 AM
Penguins23
Le Magnifique

vCash: 50
http://monctonsports.com/aigles-bleu...ocal-recruits/

Old news that les Aigles have added Saulnier, Saulnier and Durepos.

They also added Danny Chiasson. Apparently he played 2 games for them last season, I didn't even know that.

06-19-2013, 10:22 AM
Mike Jones

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob View Post
Very big addition for X. He put up 106 points in 72 games in the WHL last season.
I thought he was trying to sign a pro deal. Is the X announcement plan B for him?

Mike Jones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-19-2013, 11:25 AM
AUS Fan

http://www.dal.ca/news/2013/06/18/me...mpaign=dalnews

Some names may have been reported earlier.

AUS Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-19-2013, 11:27 AM
AUS Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Jones View Post
I thought he was trying to sign a pro deal. Is the X announcement plan B for him?
From the article: He may still have some pro options available over the summer, but unless the right contract presents itself, he will be an outstanding addition to our hockey program and a great fit to our returning group."

Old
06-19-2013, 11:38 AM
SnipeShow91

F- Jacob Conrad from the Amherst Ramblers is heading to Nipissing.

SnipeShow91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-19-2013, 01:32 PM
Mike Jones

Quote:
Originally Posted by AUS Fan View Post
From the article: He may still have some pro options available over the summer, but unless the right contract presents itself, he will be an outstanding addition to our hockey program and a great fit to our returning group."
Right - got it.

I'm not near a monitor right now and am finding it tough to read from a puny little screen.

There's something to be said about a big old box wired into a wall.

Mike Jones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-19-2013, 10:06 PM
SnipeShow91

G- Paul Bourbeau (Longueil College Francais, QJAAAHL) will join Concordia per his twitter. Need all the goaltending help they can get

Old
06-20-2013, 11:29 PM
Dutch

Quote:
Originally Posted by SnipeShow91 View Post
G- Paul Bourbeau (Longueil College Francais, QJAAAHL) will join Concordia per his twitter. Need all the goaltending help they can get
Sad it didn't work for them and Nicholas Champion. He should have been a strong asset.

Dutch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-21-2013, 03:28 PM
thook

Lakehead seems to be doing the opposite of recruiting this year.... Anilane, Gamache, Caria, MacDonald, Judson, Sagert, Dupuis, Sergerie all starters, all gone some to graduation and some just up and left the team for other opportunities. The rumours of a toxic dressing room last year seem to be becoming more and more true as you watch this mass exodus of top line players. Don't forget this started last Christmas when they kicked their best player off the team, Thomas Frazee. Since then it's been all down hill including a brutal first round loss in the playoffs. Sure hoping for some recruits soon because there is a boat load of holes on this team right now.

thook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-21-2013, 04:48 PM
UNB Bruins Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by thook View Post
Lakehead seems to be doing the opposite of recruiting this year.... Anilane, Gamache, Caria, MacDonald, Judson, Sagert, Dupuis, Sergerie all starters, all gone some to graduation and some just up and left the team for other opportunities. The rumours of a toxic dressing room last year seem to be becoming more and more true as you watch this mass exodus of top line players. Don't forget this started last Christmas when they kicked their best player off the team, Thomas Frazee. Since then it's been all down hill including a brutal first round loss in the playoffs. Sure hoping for some recruits soon because there is a boat load of holes on this team right now.
It doesn't seem like Lakehead has been quite the same since they let Don McKee go a few years back to bring in Scherben.

UNB Bruins Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-21-2013, 05:21 PM
thook

Quote:
Originally Posted by UNB Bruins Fan View Post
It doesn't seem like Lakehead has been quite the same since they let Don McKee go a few years back to bring in Scherben.
Getting rid of McKee was completely ridiculous. He is a Great hockey guy. He inherited a team and did the best he could with what he had. He was never given the chance to build a team by the lakehead executives. Unfortunately lakehead has a board that over sees the team much like MLSE does with the leafs and we all know how good that formula works! McKee apparently wanted to do things his way and that does not fly with the board. Now they are bringing in McDonald who has had lots of success in hockey everywhere he has been. I just hope they let him run the team and give him some years to build a winner. We all know lakehead has the money they are just way to political. Which I guess happens when you have large amount of money involved. He sure has an uphill battle right now!

Old
06-21-2013, 09:50 PM
RED ARMY EAST

Quote:
Originally Posted by thook View Post
Curious to see where Frazee might land if he still has CIS hockey in his sight?

RED ARMY EAST is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-21-2013, 10:00 PM
thook

Quote:
Originally Posted by RED ARMY EAST View Post
Curious to see where Frazee might land if he still has CIS hockey in his sight?
Honestly if I were him I would goto western just to give it to the thunderwolves. I really liked the guy he did everything for them. Tough physical great offensively and played the point on the PP. the kid has a bomb of a shot and plays with a chip on his shoulder. Plus he's 6'4 and north of 200lbs. I will never make since of that decision to get rid of him. I wonder if they are rethinking their decision and welcoming him back with open arms now that they Literally have no offence lol

Old
06-21-2013, 11:05 PM
wings5

Gonna be a looooong season for Laurentian......

wings5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-23-2013, 03:33 PM
STUTOMMIES

AUS 2013/14 schedule.

http://www.atlanticuniversitysport.c...ule?confonly=1

STUTOMMIES is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-23-2013, 04:59 PM
SnipeShow91

Per his twitter, Truro Bearcat forward Kyle Morrison will be joining Wilfrid Laurier. http://www.eliteprospects.com/player.php?player=76684

Old
06-23-2013, 04:59 PM
Hollywood3
Bison/Jet/Moose Fan

vCash: 525
Quote:
Originally Posted by STUTOMMIES View Post
I clicked the link but the page is blank.

Hollywood3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-23-2013, 05:20 PM
STUTOMMIES

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hollywood3 View Post
I clicked the link but the page is blank.
Yeah, probably my fault there. I tweeted that link and included the AUS. About 15 minutes after that I was curious to see who our last game of the season was against and it was gone. I guess I wasn't suppose to find the link.

STUTOMMIES is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-24-2013, 11:02 AM
FreddtFoyle

Quote:
Originally Posted by STUTOMMIES View Post
Yeah, probably my fault there. I tweeted that link and included the AUS. About 15 minutes after that I was curious to see who our last game of the season was against and it was gone. I guess I wasn't suppose to find the link.
It is back up. Looks like they first wanted to write a "media release" page that links in turn to the schedule ...

http://www.atlanticuniversitysport.c..._Hockey_Scheds

FreddtFoyle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-24-2013, 11:24 AM
AUS Fan

http://metronews.ca/news/halifax/716...eal-canadiens/

Duffy gets a tryout with Habs.

Old
06-25-2013, 11:37 AM
SnipeShow91

RMC's first announced recruit is forward Mathieu Lavallee from the Valleyfield Braves. He has 3 years of QMJHL experience with the Quebec Remparts, but played Tier II for Valleyfield to get his grades up to come to RMC.

Funny story about him, he went to a Quebec City recruiting centre to apply for a reservist. The person running the recruiting centre is an ex-Paladin hockey player and recognized his name and told him that he should apply for RMC and play for the Paladins. He wanted to come last year and give up his overage year in the Q but spent the year in CEJEP to apply as a Regular Cadet in the Armed Forces.

Lavallee also brings our number of former CHL players to 6, joining Alex Pym (Regina), Paul Dorsey (Kingston, Val D'Or, Cape Breton) Eric Louis-Seize (Halifax), Scott McDonald (Saint John) and Brendan Wright (PEI)

http://www.hockeydb.com/ihdb/stats/p...php?pid=124919

Old
06-25-2013, 01:44 PM
SnipeShow91

Queen's announces Kris Grant (Kingston, OJHL) to play for them in the upcoming season. Here is the link for their full recruiting class.

http://www.gogaelsgo.com/news/2013/6...617132814.aspx

Old
06-25-2013, 04:01 PM
AUS Fan

Not actually recruiting news, but.....

http://hockey.acadiau.ca/hockey-news...c-hungary.html