HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Notices

Around the NHL: Congrats Hawks on winning the STANLEY CUP

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
06-23-2013, 02:11 PM
  #576
Affinity
Registered User
 
Affinity's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Toms River, NJ
Country: United States
Posts: 7,058
vCash: 500
Pretty happy he didn't end up going to the Devils, Flyers, Isles or Pens.

Affinity is offline  
Old
06-23-2013, 02:17 PM
  #577
Vidic15
Registered User
 
Vidic15's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Country: Romania
Posts: 1,027
vCash: 500
Toronto is quickly becoming another goalie blackhole ala the Flyers.

Vidic15 is offline  
Old
06-23-2013, 02:19 PM
  #578
Bluenote13
Believe In Henke
 
Bluenote13's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: BKLYN, NYC
Posts: 23,633
vCash: 500
I think that's a good trade for the Leafs. Bernier is talented, entering what should be his prime. All the tenders in their division are very good.

Bluenote13 is offline  
Old
06-23-2013, 02:23 PM
  #579
Silence Of The Plams
All these feels
 
Silence Of The Plams's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Lancaster, NY
Country: United States
Posts: 16,988
vCash: 500
Northeast has some good goalies. They can easy turn into some better teams up here

Silence Of The Plams is offline  
Old
06-23-2013, 02:55 PM
  #580
Kershaw
 
Kershaw's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Country:
Posts: 25,519
vCash: 50
It pleases me to know that the Flyers may go into the season with Steve Mason as their starting goaltender.

Kershaw is offline  
Old
06-23-2013, 03:06 PM
  #581
LetterJ
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Atlantic Canada
Country: Canada
Posts: 486
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kershaw View Post
It pleases me to know that the Flyers may go into the season with Steve Mason as their starting goaltender.
It'll be Bryz...that makes me

LetterJ is offline  
Old
06-23-2013, 03:52 PM
  #582
Barbara Underhill
Duuuuuuuuuuuuuuke
 
Barbara Underhill's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Montana
Country: United States
Posts: 13,119
vCash: 373
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kershaw View Post
It pleases me to know that the Flyers may go into the season with Steve Mason as their starting goaltender.
Still think he could be a solid goalie, on a team that plays defense that is.

Barbara Underhill is offline  
Old
06-23-2013, 03:55 PM
  #583
Kershaw
 
Kershaw's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Country:
Posts: 25,519
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Barbara Underhill View Post
Still think he could be a solid goalie, on a team that plays defense that is.
Excuses IMO. The Jackets had a very good defense last year and he still sucked. Besides, it's not like the Flyers defense is better than the Jackets.

Kershaw is offline  
Old
06-23-2013, 03:56 PM
  #584
nsvoyageurs
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Country: Canada
Posts: 366
vCash: 500
The return for the Kings seems to be a little light. A 3rd liner; backup goalie and a 2nd rd pick this year OR next? Is that all that was being offered? If I'm the Kings, I'd be valuing the 2nd pick than the 2 players they got back.

nsvoyageurs is offline  
Old
06-23-2013, 04:08 PM
  #585
LetterJ
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Atlantic Canada
Country: Canada
Posts: 486
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by nsvoyageurs View Post
The return for the Kings seems to be a little light. A 3rd liner; backup goalie and a 2nd rd pick this year OR next? Is that all that was being offered? If I'm the Kings, I'd be valuing the 2nd pick than the 2 players they got back.
Quote:
The Toronto Maple Leafs acquired Jonathan Bernier's negotiating rights in a splashy trade with the Los Angeles Kings for backup Ben Scrivens, forward Matt Frattin and a second-rounder in 2014 or 2015.
http://www.nhl.com/ice/news.htm?id=6...d=nhl:topheads

LetterJ is offline  
Old
06-23-2013, 04:38 PM
  #586
Callagraves
Block shots
 
Callagraves's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 6,371
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kershaw View Post
Tough luck for Bergeron. My buddy couldn't make contract after spleen rapture for 8 months.
Wow, tough luck. God coming down and pulling you spleen up into the heavens must be one hell of an injury.

Callagraves is offline  
Old
06-23-2013, 04:39 PM
  #587
Punxrocknyc19*
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 10,233
vCash: 500
The Ottawa Senators & Edmonton Oilers are rumored to be on the verge of a Trade , EDM Sending Ales Hemsky to OTT for Zack Smith . Picks could be added .




Smith is the type of 4th line center NYR should trade for, someone that can score a little bit on the 4th line.

Punxrocknyc19* is offline  
Old
06-23-2013, 05:04 PM
  #588
Jabroni
Moderator
The Corporate Mod
 
Jabroni's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Country: United States
Posts: 6,542
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Punxrocknyc19 View Post
The Ottawa Senators & Edmonton Oilers are rumored to be on the verge of a Trade , EDM Sending Ales Hemsky to OTT for Zack Smith . Picks could be added .




Smith is the type of 4th line center NYR should trade for, someone that can score a little bit on the 4th line.
Source? If so, glad we aren't in on Hemsky.

__________________
Jabroni is offline  
Old
06-23-2013, 05:33 PM
  #589
Punxrocknyc19*
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 10,233
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jabroni1994 View Post
Source? If so, glad we aren't in on Hemsky.
http://www.hockeybuzz.com/blog/Travi...3#.Ucd35utdXx4

Punxrocknyc19* is offline  
Old
06-23-2013, 05:51 PM
  #590
Florida Ranger
Bring back Torts!
 
Florida Ranger's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Tampa, FLA
Country: United States
Posts: 6,000
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Punxrocknyc19 View Post
Should we even take this seriously since it's Hockey Buzz?

Florida Ranger is offline  
Old
06-23-2013, 05:58 PM
  #591
Jabroni
Moderator
The Corporate Mod
 
Jabroni's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Country: United States
Posts: 6,542
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Florida Ranger View Post
Should we even take this seriously since it's Hockey Buzz?
Please discuss the rumor, not the source.

Jabroni is offline  
Old
06-23-2013, 06:08 PM
  #592
JohnC
#FreeSteve
 
JohnC's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: New York
Country: United States
Posts: 4,508
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Callagraves View Post
Wow, tough luck. God coming down and pulling you spleen up into the heavens must be one hell of an injury.
Lirl

JohnC is offline  
Old
06-23-2013, 06:09 PM
  #593
Kershaw
 
Kershaw's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Country:
Posts: 25,519
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Callagraves View Post
Wow, tough luck. God coming down and pulling you spleen up into the heavens must be one hell of an injury.
It was a very hard time for him.

Kershaw is offline  
Old
06-23-2013, 06:22 PM
  #594
Tawnos
Moderator
BoH Mod Only
 
Tawnos's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: Charlotte, NC
Country: United States
Posts: 11,242
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by nsvoyageurs View Post
The return for the Kings seems to be a little light. A 3rd liner; backup goalie and a 2nd rd pick this year OR next? Is that all that was being offered? If I'm the Kings, I'd be valuing the 2nd pick than the 2 players they got back.
Bernier is a backup goalie. Not proven as a starter at all. Last two times the Leafs acquired one of those, they were disasters (Raycroft and Toskala).

Not saying that past problems are predictors of future ones, in this regard, but people shouldn't have been expecting this to be bigger than it was.

Tawnos is online now  
Old
06-23-2013, 08:51 PM
  #595
Barbara Underhill
Duuuuuuuuuuuuuuke
 
Barbara Underhill's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Montana
Country: United States
Posts: 13,119
vCash: 373
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kershaw View Post
Excuses IMO. The Jackets had a very good defense last year and he still sucked. Besides, it's not like the Flyers defense is better than the Jackets.
Excuses? Ok... All I'm saying is that I think Mason could still be a solid goaltender on a good defensive team that protects him a little bit. His confidence has to have been in the gutter and we've seen several players leave Columbus and do well.

I'm not excusing his poor play in the past, simply suggesting that he has the ability to be an above average NHL goalie, my comment about a team actually playing defense in front of him is a shot at Philly.

Barbara Underhill is offline  
Old
06-24-2013, 01:43 PM
  #596
I Eat Crow
Fear The Mullet
 
I Eat Crow's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Country: United States
Posts: 6,054
vCash: 500
Brennan Klak‏@nhlupdate53m
Penguins trade Alex Grant to Ducks for Harry Zolnierczyk

What is it with the Penguins collecting cheap shot artists? I guess when games don't go their way they can hit a defenseless player into the boards? *******.

As an aside, Luongo to the Islanders almost makes too much sense. There's a three ring circus surrounding the guy. I have a hunch that Tim Thomas won't come back to civilization from hunting bears to play for the Islanders. Nabokov isn't that good. They have the cap space to do it. They can have him for almost nothing at this point.

I Eat Crow is offline  
Old
06-24-2013, 01:48 PM
  #597
Kershaw
 
Kershaw's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Country:
Posts: 25,519
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Barbara Underhill View Post
Excuses? Ok... All I'm saying is that I think Mason could still be a solid goaltender on a good defensive team that protects him a little bit. His confidence has to have been in the gutter and we've seen several players leave Columbus and do well.

I'm not excusing his poor play in the past, simply suggesting that he has the ability to be an above average NHL goalie, my comment about a team actually playing defense in front of him is a shot at Philly.
Okay, fair enough.

Kershaw is offline  
Old
06-24-2013, 01:59 PM
  #598
Barbara Underhill
Duuuuuuuuuuuuuuke
 
Barbara Underhill's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Montana
Country: United States
Posts: 13,119
vCash: 373
Quote:
Originally Posted by I Eat Crow View Post
Brennan Klak‏@nhlupdate53m
Penguins trade Alex Grant to Ducks for Harry Zolnierczyk

What is it with the Penguins collecting cheap shot artists? I guess when games don't go their way they can hit a defenseless player into the boards? *******.

As an aside, Luongo to the Islanders almost makes too much sense. There's a three ring circus surrounding the guy. I have a hunch that Tim Thomas won't come back to civilization from hunting bears to play for the Islanders. Nabokov isn't that good. They have the cap space to do it. They can have him for almost nothing at this point.
I don't want him traded at all, Torts handling the goalie controversy will be super entertaining.

Barbara Underhill is offline  
Old
06-24-2013, 02:00 PM
  #599
I Eat Crow
Fear The Mullet
 
I Eat Crow's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Country: United States
Posts: 6,054
vCash: 500
Tortorella and the Vancouver media is going to be seriously entertaining, with or without Luongo. Can't wait.

I Eat Crow is offline  
Old
06-24-2013, 02:02 PM
  #600
Kershaw
 
Kershaw's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Country:
Posts: 25,519
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Barbara Underhill View Post
I don't want him traded at all, Torts handling the goalie controversy will be super entertaining.
I was literally thinking the exact same thing.

Kershaw is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:32 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.