HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Philadelphia Flyers
Notices

Flyers Acquire More Picks

Closed Thread

Old
06-23-2013, 11:43 PM
KJS14

vCash: 500
Flyers Acquire More Picks

I'm not talking about moving #11. I think it would be a very good idea for the Flyers to acquire another 1st round pick in the 20-30 range. They could then draft Rasmus Ristolainen (ideally) at #11 and go after Theodore, Morin, Fucale, and (maybe) Zadorov with the other 1st round pick. Thoughts on that? And what would you be willing to give up to get a late 1st?

Old
06-23-2013, 11:44 PM
CS
Bryzgalov's Blueline

Quote:
Originally Posted by KJS14 View Post
I'm not talking about moving #11. I think it would be a very good idea for the Flyers to acquire another 1st round pick in the 20-30 range. They could then draft Rasmus Ristolainen (ideally) at #11 and go after Theodore, Morin, Fucale, and (maybe) Zadorov with the other 1st round pick. Thoughts on that? And what would you be willing to give up to get a late 1st?
I literally just posted a thought about moving Read + 41 to move into the late teens of the draft.

That, of course, is in the stickied thread about the draft though. Where this will likely get moved once a mod sees it.

Old
06-23-2013, 11:59 PM
litflyersfan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Shafer View Post
I literally just posted a thought about moving Read + 41 to move into the late teens of the draft.

That, of course, is in the stickied thread about the draft though. Where this will likely get moved once a mod sees it.
Why not just Laughton? Wouldn't be much different than what the Blues-Sens did a while back, Rundblad (17th overall 2009) for 2010 16th overall (Tarasenko). If there is a player that slips, say Valeri Nichushkin, to #11 take that player than flip Laughton and get that defensemen we all want. It would be awesome if Risto slipped as well (like Maatta did last year to 23, I doubt anyone saw him being available that late). Not saying the Read + 41 isn't a bad idea just want to throw out another idea.

Old
06-24-2013, 12:00 AM
SolidSnakeUS

Quote:

Read + 41 for 19th and Columbus' 2nd 2014?

Old
06-24-2013, 12:05 AM
litflyersfan

Quote:
Originally Posted by SolidSnakeUS View Post
Read + 41 for 19th and Columbus' 2nd 2014?
Not a bad move at all, but given that Columbus will be in our division next season due to the realignment, I'd also want a conditional 2015 2nd based on Read re-signing with Columbus (he re-signs we get the pick, he doesn't we don't).

Edit: For future reference new division chart

Last edited by litflyersfan: 06-24-2013 at 12:16 AM.
Old
06-24-2013, 12:05 AM
CS
Bryzgalov's Blueline

Quote:
Originally Posted by litflyersfan View Post
Why not just Laughton? Wouldn't be much different than what the Blues-Sens did a while back, Rundblad (17th overall 2009) for 2010 16th overall (Tarasenko). If there is a player that slips, say Valeri Nichushkin, to #11 take that player than flip Laughton and get that defensemen we all want. It would be awesome if Risto slipped as well (like Maatta did last year to 23, I doubt anyone saw him being available that late). Not saying the Read + 41 isn't a bad idea just want to throw out another idea.
I don't think I'm willing to move Laughton for a shot at a defenseman in this draft unless it's Jones.

That may sound arrogant, but we picked up a real gem in Laughton. He's a sure thing while any defenseman we take definitely is not.

Old
06-24-2013, 12:24 AM
KJS14

Quote:
I don't think I'm willing to move Laughton for a shot at a defenseman in this draft unless it's Jones.

That may sound arrogant, but we picked up a real gem in Laughton. He's a sure thing while any defenseman we take definitely is not.
Plus he still has 3 years of ELC. Trading Read makes sense, because he's an UFA next year and I'm not sure how much he would cost.

Old
06-24-2013, 01:07 AM
CanadianFlyer88
Knublin' PPs

vCash: 955
Keep the draft talk in the Draft Thread.