HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

DiMaio's carrer in jeopardy

Old
10-17-2006, 01:06 PM
CHareth

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phil Parent View Post
DiMaio turned his back to Latendresse wishing to not get hit.
I have to disagree. It didn't look like that at all to me. He was just chasing after the puck and turned to face the direction to shoot it back into the Canadiens' zone. It doesn't look like he was expecting Latendresse specifically to come hit him and then turn his back. That said, I don't think it was cheap. It was a shoulder to shoulder hit to finish a check on a guy who just touched the puck, and DiMaio should've been aware of that rather than admiring his shoot-in.

CHareth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-17-2006, 01:12 PM
BigM1ke

Yeah like said 2 comments before, the league would have punished if it was illegal!
This thread is going nowhere now.

BigM1ke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-17-2006, 01:15 PM
pavlako11

Well if it was so dirty I'm sure he would've gotten a suspension, especially if DiMaio ended up getting injured on the play like this.

pavlako11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-17-2006, 01:16 PM
Breenger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evil Ted View Post
The video is horrible, you dont get a very good angle at all. Using that clip to deem that hit clean or not isnt an easy thing to do.

There were two refs at this game who saw this hit, it was in the center of play. Obviously they saw it was dirty because they ejected him from the game for it, if it was clean or even remotley close to clean they could have just slapped him with a 2 min minor.

That clip is poor, I trust the refs who did the games judgement (they saw it live) and they obviously saw that it wasnt clean.
If it was an elbow, Lats would have been suspended upon the league reviewing the video. If you look at it a few more times, you will see that he actually laid his shoulder into Dimaio's shoulder and it looks loke Dimaio didn't see him at all.

Breenger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-17-2006, 01:18 PM
!nkubus

I didn't want to start a war on the subject . I just wanted to inform you guys about the subject. so cheers everybody

!nkubus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-17-2006, 01:19 PM
Kingbobert
HFBoards Sponsor

...if guidounes elbow hit something it was Dumbiaos shoulder...

the elbow went up after the hit for the love of god...and in order to have hit him in the head with an elbow Gui's arm would have had to be at a 45 degree angle....which is clearly not

Last edited by Darz: 10-18-2006 at 07:54 AM. Reason: play nice
Kingbobert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-17-2006, 01:41 PM
waffledave
waffledave, from hf

Quote:
Originally Posted by NickHanson View Post
Tarnasky will get him when they meet.
Who?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diogenes View Post
I did watch it again. People see things differently. Wasn't Latendresse thrown out of the game?
How often is a guy not thrown out of the game for laying a hit that knocks someone out?

waffledave
waffledave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-17-2006, 01:54 PM
Evil Ted

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big M1ke View Post
Yeah like said 2 comments before, the league would have punished if it was illegal!
They did punish him, they kicked him out of the game, if it wasnt illegal there would have been no wistle on the play. Hence why it was a cheapshot.

If it wasnt a illegal play would the refs have thrown him out of the game? I think not.

Its pretty simple to understand getting kicked out of a game for that hit means the hit was illegal, thats the punnishment right there. Hence why it can be considerd a cheap shot.

Evil Ted is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-17-2006, 01:58 PM
JMiller

The hit looked dirty to me. That it was in a preseason game doesn't help either. I'm kind of surprised in the animosity shown here for DiMaio. His career is posibly over and his life may be dramatically changed because the hit. I can only imagine what the reaction here would be if the roles were reversed and Latendresse's career were in jeopardy.

JMiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-17-2006, 02:05 PM
BigM1ke

Quote:
They did punish him, they kicked him out of the game, if it wasnt illegal there would have been no wistle on the play. Hence why it was a cheapshot.

If it wasnt a illegal play would the refs have thrown him out of the game? I think not.

Its pretty simple to understand getting kicked out of a game for that hit means the hit was illegal, thats the punnishment right there. Hence why it can be considerd a cheap shot.
If you would have read what I said few comments earlier, you would have seen that Steve Begin was thrown out of 2 games in a row last year for hits that were called "legal" by the league the next day. It's hard sometimes for referees to make the right call, especially when the hit's victim is laying down hurt.

Old
10-17-2006, 02:15 PM
marioroberge

Quote:

Your arguments are weak.You're just basically saying that refs never make mistakes and because refs kicked him out it was illegal.

By the way you see things, the stick to Koivu's eye was clearly legal.

marioroberge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-17-2006, 02:18 PM
David_99

Quote:
If you would have read what I said few comments earlier, you would have seen that Steve Begin was thrown out of 2 games in a row last year for hits that were called "legal" by the league the next day. It's hard sometimes for referees to make the right call, especially when the hit's victim is laying down hurt.
Exactly, if it has to be viewed a couple times to see the legality of it, then how can you really know what the refs saw was definitly dirty. If it's a toss up, they probably kicked him out of the game for precautionary reasons(especially that it was preseason) so no one would try to get even. Apon reviewing the tape at different angles, the league did not feel it was illegal. People can be injured on legal hits. It's a risk every player knows before stepping on the ice. It's a shame DiMaio was hurt, and I hope he has a full recovery. If anyone goes after Lats the next time these two teams play, you can bet there will be a suspension then.

David_99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-17-2006, 02:21 PM
Montreal4Life

vCash: 3978
Quote:
Yeah, exactly. So now b/c the refs says it, it must be right. NHL has probably the worst officiating and any team and fans can attest to it but now, b/c they kicked Latendress out, they must absolutely be right? Whatever, stop trolling
PS. Hope Dimao heals ASAP, sucks to see a player go down.

Montreal4Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-17-2006, 02:24 PM
Montreal4Life

vCash: 3978
Quote:
Originally Posted by marioroberge View Post
Your arguments are weak.You're just basically saying that refs never make mistakes and because refs kicked him out it was illegal.

By the way you see things, the stick to Koivu's eye was clearly legal.
Oh absolutely. What the hell was he doing putting his eye in that position. Left it wide open for a "legal" whack w/ a stick
That said, can't be happier for Koivu having this much success w/ Ryder and Higgins........ and u know they wouldn't do as well w/o him

Montreal4Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-17-2006, 02:27 PM
Charge_Seven

Quote:

I'm not saying it warranted a suspension, I can't see well enough, but that video really looks like an elbow moreso than the alledged "shoulder to shoulder" contact.

Last edited by Darz: 10-18-2006 at 07:52 AM. Reason: lets play nice
Charge_Seven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-17-2006, 02:29 PM
Garo

Quote:
Originally Posted by GregStack View Post
I'm not saying it warranted a suspension, I can't see well enough, but that video really looks like an elbow moreso than the alledged "shoulder to shoulder" contact.
It looks like shoulder to head to me.

Legal, but shouldn't be.

Garo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-17-2006, 02:30 PM
CrAzYNiNe

Send a message via MSN to CrAzYNiNe
Quote:
The video is horrible, you dont get a very good angle at all. Using that clip to deem that hit clean or not isnt an easy thing to do.

There were two refs at this game who saw this hit, it was in the center of play. Obviously they saw it was dirty because they ejected him from the game for it, if it was clean or even remotley close to clean they could have just slapped him with a 2 min minor.

That clip is poor, I trust the refs who did the games judgement (they saw it live) and they obviously saw that it wasnt clean.
HAHAHAHAHAHA
PLEASE STOP RIGHT THERE

Telling me the refs saw something better then an ugly camera angle, PLEASE

Refs are the most useless excuses for workers I have ever seen. They make mistakes daily and have no worry to lose there jobs. I am not saying that what they do isn't hard, but if an engineer made as many mistakes as these guys do nightly, well life wouldn't exist.

Refs, hahaha, useless people, can't wait till computers take there jobs

CrAzYNiNe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-17-2006, 02:31 PM

There was no elbow on the play, it just follow through on the motion...Believe me, had Latendresse lead in with his elbow, he'd of drove him through the boards/glass.

417 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-17-2006, 02:33 PM
CrAzYNiNe

Send a message via MSN to CrAzYNiNe
Now about the hit, look at lats, he rolls off him
Dim had his head in the worst possible place when teh hit took place, it's lats fault for sure, he hit him, but it's also dims fault for not being heads up and realizing a hit was coming. Was it clean, no, was it dirty, no. It was a hit in the sport of hockey, that unfortunatly will end the career of a player. Whose fault is it? The NHL if you want to get specific

CrAzYNiNe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-17-2006, 02:41 PM
Dwight
The French Tickler

Looked like elbow to upper-arm. DiMaio's head must've hit the glass from recoil.

The refs, seeing DiMaio hurt, automatically gave lats the game misconduct so as not to look bad. Unfortunately, it made them look worse. They punished a player for the injury he caused, not for the play that caused the injury.

Dwight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-17-2006, 02:54 PM
Charge_Seven

Quote:
I'm pointing out that the notion that "The NHL didn't suspend him, so he's obviously not guilty of anything" is ridiculous. I'm not even arguing that Latendresse definitely did something wrong (as I said, it looks like an elbow, but the video is too poor to make a definite statement on.

You appear to think that the NHL has never been wrong on a case of disciplinary action, why not defend your thoughts?

Last edited by Darz: 10-18-2006 at 07:58 AM. Reason: deleted quote
Old
10-17-2006, 02:58 PM
BigM1ke

Quote:
Originally Posted by GregStack View Post
I'm pointing out that the notion that "The NHL didn't suspend him, so he's obviously not guilty of anything" is ridiculous. I'm not even arguing that Latendresse definitely did something wrong (as I said, it looks like an elbow, but the video is too poor to make a definite statement on.

You appear to think that the NHL has never been wrong on a case of disciplinary action, why not defend your thoughts?

For sure, the league has been wrong very often but, usually, when a player is hit because of a cheap shot, 99% of the time he is suspended the following days since the league always review the hits than can be judge illegals. I know the NHL can be wrong sometimes, but I strongly believe that it wasn't the case this time. It was body on body, with no elbow from Latendresse. What's wrong with it?

Sure, it sucks to see a player goes down hurt like this, but that's hockey my friend. I hope Dimaio will come back, but nobody can blamed Latendresse for playing with intensity and bodychecking someone like this.

Last edited by Darz: 10-18-2006 at 07:59 AM.
Old
10-17-2006, 03:16 PM
Charge_Seven

Quote:
For sure, the league has been wrong very often but, usually, when a player is hit because of a cheap shot, 99% of the time he is suspended the following days since the league always review the hits than can be judge illegals. I know the NHL can be wrong sometimes, but I strongly believe that it wasn't the case this time. It was body on body, with no elbow from Latendresse. What's wrong with it?

Sure, it sucks to see a player goes down hurt like this, but that's hockey my friend. I hope Dimaio will come back, but nobody can blamed Latendresse for playing with intensity and bodychecking someone like this.
Sometimes I like to be an *** though .

Like I said, I can't really tell from the footage where I stand on the incident. It looks like an elbow to me, but I can't say that until I get some better footage and am more sure. If it was body on body, and no elbow, then it's just a ****** break for DiMaio.

Last edited by Darz: 10-18-2006 at 07:59 AM.
Old
10-17-2006, 03:26 PM
BigM1ke

I've seen the footage on RDS alot of times that's why I'm defending Lats' cause!
Anyway it's ok! No hard feelings hehe

Old
10-17-2006, 03:29 PM
boomboom

Latendresse got him good and it was clean. Dimaio was not looking too bad for him. Anyway, talking about cheap, DiMaio is a really cheap player (got suspended a few times) with the use of his stick on players, so....

boomboom is offline   Reply With Quote