HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Kris Letang on the block?

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
06-23-2013, 12:22 AM
  #476
stardog
Registered User
 
stardog's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Posts: 4,994
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kershaw View Post
Moving Letang would be a mistake, despite his struggles in the playoffs.
You mean his struggles in the first two games of the Boston series.
Overall, he had an impressive playoffs.

stardog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-23-2013, 12:30 AM
  #477
stardog
Registered User
 
stardog's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Posts: 4,994
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by sm0ka47 View Post
Lol because Paul Martin is not on the level of Karlsson....
And? If the theory is true, playing with Crosby, Malkin etc will, without a doubt, inflate anyones point totals.
And by quite a bit.
The question asked was if this were the case then why were Paul Martins 3 best years offensively spent on the Devils, rather than playing alongside the Crosby/Malkin juggernaut?
The question isnt why cant Martin hit 100 points.

The answer to the question is because the theory is a flawed theory with far to many unanswerable variables and supposition to actually gague anything resembling a truism.

But your answer was swell also there Skippy!

stardog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-23-2013, 12:30 AM
  #478
TrueCanuckle
Registered User
 
TrueCanuckle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: calgary
Country: Canada
Posts: 351
vCash: 500
luongo, tanev, +, +
for letang and a goalie

(not gonna happen)

TrueCanuckle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-23-2013, 03:47 AM
  #479
Human
cynic
 
Human's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Bandwagon
Posts: 6,337
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by sm0ka47 View Post
Lol because Paul Martin is not on the level of Karlsson....
reading comprehension failing...

his question was why weren't Martin or Gonchar reaching their respective career highs, playing with Malkin or Crosby, not why weren't they hitting 100 pts like Karlsson "would"...

"LOL"

Human is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-23-2013, 06:43 AM
  #480
Letang fan 58
No More Fleury
 
Letang fan 58's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: Canada
Country: Canada
Posts: 5,777
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by TrueCanuckle View Post
luongo, tanev, +, +
for letang and a goalie

(not gonna happen)
I'm pretty sure anyone can have Luongo for pretty much free at this point. With the fact that the Canucks are in dire need of the cap space that he's taking up on top of that contract he has and him also holding all the cards with his contract type, I bet teams are trying to wait it out and force the Canucks to buy him out so that they can Sign him as UFA to a much more cap friendly contract.

Letang fan 58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-23-2013, 07:19 AM
  #481
Shwag33
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2008
Posts: 4,643
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by stardog View Post
You mean his struggles in the first two games of the Boston series.
Overall, he had an impressive playoffs.


Points wise yeah, but he was terrible all playoffs long as far as brutal turnovers go.


Still not saying its best to trade him, i really dont know what the right answer is, but he was bad all playoffs long.

Shwag33 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-23-2013, 08:01 AM
  #482
Shrimper
Trick or ruddy treat
 
Shrimper's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Essex
Country: United Kingdom
Posts: 77,219
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shwag33 View Post
Points wise yeah, but he was terrible all playoffs long as far as brutal turnovers go.


Still not saying its best to trade him, i really dont know what the right answer is, but he was bad all playoffs long.
Currently 5 players ahead of him in give aways in the play-offs. Hjalmarsson, Doughty, Oduya, Keith and Chara. Now, apart from Doughty they've all played in the final but if you work back to see the same amount of turnovers after 15 games each then it'd be;

Doughty - 21
Hjalmarsson - 19
Letang - 18
Chara - 15
Oduya - 14
Keith - 11

So among the top but so are others. Not ideal though to have 18 giveaways in 15 games though.

Shrimper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-23-2013, 08:02 AM
  #483
stardog
Registered User
 
stardog's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Posts: 4,994
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shwag33 View Post
Points wise yeah, but he was terrible all playoffs long as far as brutal turnovers go.


Still not saying its best to trade him, i really dont know what the right answer is, but he was bad all playoffs long.
I love how you say "pointswise" as if that shouldnt be used to help determine his overall value or contribution in this years playoffs.
Because his points go a long way towards his overall grade in this years playoffs.

He is not a sty at home, shutdown defenseman.

But to say that he was terrible all playoffs long based off of one cherry picked stat is hardly fair. Guess Chara and Keith have been awful as well, since they have more turnovers than Letang.
Thats what happens when you are the primary puck mover on your team.

stardog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-23-2013, 08:17 AM
  #484
Shwag33
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2008
Posts: 4,643
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by stardog View Post
I love how you say "pointswise" as if that shouldnt be used to help determine his overall value or contribution in this years playoffs.
Because his points go a long way towards his overall grade in this years playoffs.

He is not a sty at home, shutdown defenseman.

But to say that he was terrible all playoffs long based off of one cherry picked stat is hardly fair. Guess Chara and Keith have been awful as well, since they have more turnovers than Letang.
Thats what happens when you are the primary puck mover on your team.


Letang probably played his worst defensive game ever this post season. His stats 4 points and +1.



And as far as turnover numbers, its not the numbers its where and how they occur. Against the Isles letang and malkin were trying to one up eachother as to who could make a worse turnover in their D zone.

The sens series wasn't much better for letang, but he kept putting up points.

Shwag33 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-23-2013, 11:23 PM
  #485
stardog
Registered User
 
stardog's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Posts: 4,994
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shwag33 View Post
Letang probably played his worst defensive game ever this post season. His stats 4 points and +1.



And as far as turnover numbers, its not the numbers its where and how they occur. Against the Isles letang and malkin were trying to one up eachother as to who could make a worse turnover in their D zone.

The sens series wasn't much better for letang, but he kept putting up points.
No point in arguing with you if your entire defense is that his entire playoff performance was poor based upon (what YOU perceive to be) his worst game ever.
Nor is there much substance to the argument when you have to change it simply so your point can hold validity (as in: All of a sudden turnovers dont matter. I mean they mattered before when I brought it up. That is, until evidence was introduced which would weaken my argument. Therefor, turnover dont matter. Only WHEN and WHERE these turnovers occur matters. As such, tjey only matter when it supports my arguement.
Nice subjective reasoning ya got there buddy!

stardog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-24-2013, 12:40 AM
  #486
superhenderson13
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 184
vCash: 500
letang was awful this postseason.

he did nothing on the powerplay and he was the definition of defensive liability in most of the games.

there's no argument when you say "letang had a great postseason because he scored a lot of points", the problem with that is for every point he scored, he directly led to a goal against.

hockey is a two way game, letang played a one way game.

superhenderson13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-24-2013, 05:00 AM
  #487
Ogrezilla
Nerf Herder
 
Ogrezilla's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Pittsburgh
Posts: 35,999
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by superhenderson13 View Post
letang was awful this postseason.

he did nothing on the powerplay and he was the definition of defensive liability in most of the games.

there's no argument when you say "letang had a great postseason because he scored a lot of points", the problem with that is for every point he scored, he directly led to a goal against.

hockey is a two way game, letang played a one way game.
he had two really bad games. The rest of the playoffs he was good.

Ogrezilla is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-24-2013, 07:47 AM
  #488
Rowdy Roddy Peeper
The Dynamic Duo
 
Rowdy Roddy Peeper's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Posts: 46,758
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by superhenderson13 View Post
letang was awful this postseason.

he did nothing on the powerplay and he was the definition of defensive liability in most of the games.

there's no argument when you say "letang had a great postseason because he scored a lot of points", the problem with that is for every point he scored, he directly led to a goal against.

hockey is a two way game, letang played a one way game.
What a load. Go spread your sensationalist ******** elsewhere.

Rowdy Roddy Peeper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-24-2013, 07:50 AM
  #489
SchennSational1022*
The Future
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Long Island New York
Country: United States
Posts: 3,281
vCash: 500
Voracek for Letang. It would never happen but I think value wise thats a pretty good deal. I dont want to trade Jake, but thats the type of defensemen I would want back.

SchennSational1022* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-24-2013, 08:03 AM
  #490
SprootsMasterFlex
Snooki for President
 
SprootsMasterFlex's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Montreal, Quebec
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,479
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by SchennSational1022 View Post
Voracek for Letang. It would never happen but I think value wise thats a pretty good deal. I dont want to trade Jake, but thats the type of defensemen I would want back.
You got to be kidding if you're implying that it would be a 1for1 deal...

SprootsMasterFlex is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-24-2013, 08:18 AM
  #491
Shrimper
Trick or ruddy treat
 
Shrimper's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Essex
Country: United Kingdom
Posts: 77,219
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by SchennSational1022 View Post
Voracek for Letang. It would never happen but I think value wise thats a pretty good deal. I dont want to trade Jake, but thats the type of defensemen I would want back.
Keep adding. A lot.

Shrimper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-24-2013, 08:20 AM
  #492
SchennSational1022*
The Future
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Long Island New York
Country: United States
Posts: 3,281
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shrimper View Post
Keep adding. A lot.
Not really. Jake is locked up at 4.25, Letang is a free agent next year and is looking for a 4 million dollar raise.

SchennSational1022* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-24-2013, 08:44 AM
  #493
Human
cynic
 
Human's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Bandwagon
Posts: 6,337
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rowdy Roddy Peeper View Post
What a load. Go spread your sensationalist ******** elsewhere.
the guy is making excuses for MAF on another thread... go figure.

Human is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-24-2013, 08:49 AM
  #494
Le Magnifique 66
Let's Go Pens
 
Le Magnifique 66's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 15,179
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by superhenderson13 View Post
letang was awful this postseason.

he did nothing on the powerplay and he was the definition of defensive liability in most of the games.

there's no argument when you say "letang had a great postseason because he scored a lot of points", the problem with that is for every point he scored, he directly led to a goal against.

hockey is a two way game, letang played a one way game.
Letang was far from awful, you didn't watch anything if that's your opinion of his post season play. He had a bad game

Le Magnifique 66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-24-2013, 09:04 AM
  #495
Curufinwe
Registered User
 
Curufinwe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Country: New Zealand
Posts: 12,398
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shrimper View Post
Keep adding. A lot.
Can't wait till Letang walks as a FA and Pittsburgh gets nothing.

Curufinwe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-24-2013, 09:06 AM
  #496
Le Magnifique 66
Let's Go Pens
 
Le Magnifique 66's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 15,179
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Curufinwe View Post
Can't wait till Letang walks as a FA and Pittsburgh gets nothing.
Ok, you wait bro...

Just like Malkin and Staal right?

Le Magnifique 66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-24-2013, 09:50 AM
  #497
Jet Set
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Pennsylvania
Posts: 345
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Curufinwe View Post
Can't wait till Letang walks as a FA and Pittsburgh gets nothing.
Nah, we'll get something in return. But have fun waiting for that Cup for another 35 years.

Jet Set is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-24-2013, 09:54 AM
  #498
Shrimper
Trick or ruddy treat
 
Shrimper's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Essex
Country: United Kingdom
Posts: 77,219
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by SchennSational1022 View Post
Not really. Jake is locked up at 4.25, Letang is a free agent next year and is looking for a 4 million dollar raise.
Your forgetting the fact that we're trading with Philadelphia. Also the fact that Letang is in the top 10 in D-men. If we were to trade him to Philadelphia I'd want Voracek + Meszaros + 1st Round pick.

Shrimper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-24-2013, 09:54 AM
  #499
Shrimper
Trick or ruddy treat
 
Shrimper's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Essex
Country: United Kingdom
Posts: 77,219
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Curufinwe View Post
Can't wait till Letang walks as a FA and Pittsburgh gets nothing.
Just like Crosby, Malkin, Staal?

Shrimper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-24-2013, 10:01 AM
  #500
AuraSphere
Registered User
 
AuraSphere's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Toronto, Canada
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,308
vCash: 500
Phaneuf + 21st overall for Letang

AuraSphere is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:59 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2015 All Rights Reserved.