HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

2013 NHL Entry Draft Talk 12.0

Closed Thread

Old
06-24-2013, 01:54 AM
ChesterNimitz

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blob Buster View Post
This really wasn't made to be a mock draft (I might make one in the next days if I have the time), but those four picks would indeed be pretty awesome.
But it shows how deep this draft is. The more I read, it appears that Montreal will take one of Poirier, Bailey or McCoshen at 25. I can live with any of those picks. Where we should reap a bountiful crop will be at 34 and 36. If Timmins chooses wisely, we can come out of this draft with 3 legitimate first round talents.

Old
06-24-2013, 02:01 AM
Blob Buster

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChesterNimitz View Post
But it shows how deep this draft is. The more I read, it appears that Montreal will take one of Poirier, Bailey or McCoshen at 25. I can live with any of those picks. Where we should reap a bountiful crop will be at 34 and 36. If Timmins chooses wisely, we can come out of this draft with 3 legitimate first round talents.
Definitely agree, it's tough making a list, and I can say that the difference between 20 and 40 on my list isn't that big, it's a matter of minor preference. Timmins could pick three players that are in my 30-40s and I wouldn't be mad. There is really something for everyone in this pool of prospects. There's top end talent, big size, grit, speed, name it, it's there, and in decent quantity.

Old
06-24-2013, 02:37 AM
JeromeHP
@Jerome_Berube

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blind Gardien View Post
My username is an homage to Theodore as well. Although drafting Shea wouldn't help in my case.
Damn all those years i thought you were a big fan of Blind Guardian the metal band

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Blind_Guardian

Old
06-24-2013, 07:07 AM
Whitesnake
Habs of steel

Quote:
Originally Posted by hockeyman View Post
Good find, interesting to know he's the youngest kid going into the draft.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uwEpSlB6uyc
Hurley is on my draft watch for quite some time....but it's not like I have seen him live or anything. Youngest kid out there, seems to have some great potential. Kid going at worst mid 2nd round. Kid that will be a "who the heck is he" from "what a steal" in 4-5 years 'cause he is really raw and needs some competition to improve.

My main concern about him though is that, while he will end up in my 2nd NCAA favorite team, he's not going in a offensive one that much. Will clearly learn to play the 2-way game, which won't be bad but you take him high, and you want a potential top 6 here. Offensive game will have to be present.

Old
06-24-2013, 07:10 AM
Whitesnake
Habs of steel

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeromeHP View Post
Damn all those years i thought you were a big fan of Blind Guardian the metal band

Come on man. I hope you didn't think my username didn't mean I was a big Coverdale fan.....I'm obviously a big Ian White fan....

Old
06-24-2013, 07:42 AM
Blind Gardien
Global Moderator
nexus of the crisis

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeromeHP View Post

Well, they lent a hand in the avatars anyway. And just happen to be a favourite. But it was really all for Jose. I think I had a Rhapsody-Chris Higgins avatar at one point too, where did that go? Was that part of an avatar bet with that Coverdale fan...?

Old
06-24-2013, 07:48 AM
Whitesnake
Habs of steel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blind Gardien View Post
Well, they lent a hand in the avatars anyway. And just happen to be a favourite. But it was really all for Jose. I think I had a Rhapsody-Chris Higgins avatar at one point too, where did that go? Was that part of an avatar bet with that Coverdale fan...?
Bet? Don't remember having ANY type of bet with you....I'm more intelligent than that....And don't talk about waivers...that wasn't me....my account got hijacked....

Old
06-24-2013, 08:29 AM
ScopeHockey

My wishlist for 25, 34, and 36.

3 of the following 6 players (2 wingers, 1D):

Rychel
Klimchuk
Hartman
De La Rose
Mueller
McCoshen

As you can you, I feel the two biggest needs are
(1) courageous, gritty winger who can score
(2) "tough minutes" / all-around d-man

Thankfully there seems to be a fair bit to choose from on each of these fronts.

Note: Klimchuk seems to be less physical than the other three wingers but from what I can tell he plays with a lot of courage, has a nose for the net and executes well.

Old
06-24-2013, 10:23 AM
LeHabsMan

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScopeHockey View Post
My wishlist for 25, 34, and 36.

3 of the following 6 players (2 wingers, 1D):

Rychel
Klimchuk
Hartman
De La Rose
Mueller
McCoshen

As you can you, I feel the two biggest needs are
(1) courageous, gritty winger who can score
(2) "tough minutes" / all-around d-man

Thankfully there seems to be a fair bit to choose from on each of these fronts.

Note: Klimchuk seems to be less physical than the other three wingers but from what I can tell he plays with a lot of courage, has a nose for the net and executes well.

I think if all goes as expected, Klimchuk, Hartman, Rychel and Mueller will all go before our 34th pick.

But that being said McCoshen and De La Rose would be gone before our early 2nds.

Old
06-24-2013, 10:47 AM
Marc-E-

Quote:
Originally Posted by yoteshot View Post
Can't wait for the draft, but made plans and I will be camping in New Hampshire on the 30th. Hoping I get 4G there, or else the wait will be long until Monday evening!
Just a feeling that it might be Jusuu Saros, the Finnish goaltender.

Old
06-24-2013, 10:52 AM
QuebecPride
@Etienne_Pouliot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Count of DannyKristo View Post
Dillon Heatherington is a guy I wouldn't mind at 34/36, provided our other two early picks are forwards. Some would consider it a little high, but these pre-draft rankings go out the window the day after the draft. Heatherington and Madison Bowey are guys that interest me early (provided the likes of Morin and Mueller are gone at 25). I don't really like what I read about McCoshen from the poster who has seen him the most. Does not like him AT ALL.

Heatherington has size and skates well, plays a physical game and (while I did not see it) by all accounts had a strong U-18 for Canada. He will be a real asset on a second pairing if things go well with his development. Just finished watching his four fights on hockeyfights and he fared quite well in them. He may not have much offense but he seems like a super steady player who makes a good pass and has a physical game, the type of guy you need in those pressure packed moments in the playoffs. Beaulieu/Tinordi/Heatherington as LD prospects looks pretty good to me.
This guy was talked as a mid 3rd round before the U-18. I like him, but not before #55.

Old
06-24-2013, 10:55 AM
Mrb1p

Quote:
Originally Posted by QuebecPride View Post
This guy was talked as a mid 3rd round before the U-18. I like him, but not before #55.
I think it always depends on who is left at that point, but I'd agree that he might not be the sexiest pick at that point.

Old
06-24-2013, 11:00 AM
Erik Estrada
@Denis.Coderre

Heatherington's a guy with nice tools but no toolbox yet. It's beyond my pay grade how much a guy like that can be developped...

Old
06-24-2013, 11:09 AM
DekeLikeYouMeanIt
Ohhhh you mad

Quote:
Originally Posted by QuebecPride View Post
He'll be worth it early-mid 2nd. Steal at 55.

Old
06-24-2013, 11:10 AM
Marc the Habs Fan
Cakes!

vCash: 473
Quote:
Originally Posted by Erik Estrada View Post
Heatherington's a guy with nice tools but no toolbox yet. It's beyond my pay grade how much a guy like that can be developped...
Whaat? That's now what I saw from Heatherington at the U-18 at all.

Old
06-24-2013, 11:18 AM
Erik Estrada
@Denis.Coderre

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marc the Habs Fan View Post
Whaat? That's now what I saw from Heatherington at the U-18 at all.
I preferred the other Canadian Ds at the U-18... He's big and skates well. If he ends up being drafted early compared to Morin, Bigras, Bowey, Theo or Morrissey, it's obvious some teams agree with you.

Old
06-24-2013, 11:26 AM
ChesterNimitz

Quote:
Originally Posted by DekeLikeYouMeanIt View Post
He'll be worth it early-mid 2nd. Steal at 55.
I tend to agree. Of all the Team Canada U18 defencemen: Morin, Morrissey, Bowey, Bigras, Theodore and Heatherington, the latter is the most underrated. His combination of size, mobility and aggressiveness projects him as an effective NHL player. And while he'll never be an offensive force, Heatherington will be a dependable minute eater at the NHL level. I think he falls within that large gap between 36 and 55. But I'm of the opinion that if we take him at 36, we won't be sorry and would be surprised and very elated if he's available at 55.

Old
06-24-2013, 11:29 AM
montreal
Go Habs Go

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whitesnake View Post
Hurley is on my draft watch for quite some time....but it's not like I have seen him live or anything. Youngest kid out there, seems to have some great potential. Kid going at worst mid 2nd round. Kid that will be a "who the heck is he" from "what a steal" in 4-5 years 'cause he is really raw and needs some competition to improve.

My main concern about him though is that, while he will end up in my 2nd NCAA favorite team, he's not going in a offensive one that much. Will clearly learn to play the 2-way game, which won't be bad but you take him high, and you want a potential top 6 here. Offensive game will have to be present.
I have several USHS games on tape that I'm waiting to delete from my dvr after Sunday assuming we don't draft any of these kids, got most of the top USHS prospects though in case we do.

Should be interesting to see how Notre Dame does in the Hockey East conference next season.

Old
06-24-2013, 11:52 AM
DekeLikeYouMeanIt
Ohhhh you mad

Didn't see Hurley live but I've seen a few full game tapes as well including some that are here (on this awful navigation site): http://www.mnhockeyhub.com/roster_pl...ubseason=79765

I started out very intrigued by him but he's definitely a project and I'm not as keen on him. High risk, high reward. Not before 3rd round.

Old
06-24-2013, 12:21 PM
WeThreeKings
DJ Nikita

Send a message via MSN to WeThreeKings
There's a lot of names talked about and I'm going to try to spot pick with them.

I know there's interest in the team for Bo Horvat, but this guy will go top 15 and I wouldn't pay the assets to get a guy like him.
Fucale is not a guy I consider unless he has a miracle drop to #55, he won't, because he rightly should be chosen late 1st or early 2nd. Montreal is not the destination for him as much as it pains me to say this about one of the best Mooseheads goalies I've ever seen.
Samuel Morin is a guy who will go top 15 because of his U-18 and the CHARA effect. Again, it's a waste to move up for that guy.
Ryan Pulock will go before our pick and again, the assets to spend to get this guy, who is not at all what we need, is a big NO from me.
Robert Hagg has some tools but whenever I see him, there are huge pieces of his game missing, most notably desire, would not consider before #55.
Heatherington and Santini are two stay at home guys, who again, I don't consider before #55.
Gauthier and Mantha will go in the 1st, I will not consider them there, I only take a flyer if they fall out of the first round.
Shea Theodore and Bigras are two D who will go high and again, I don't consider them before #55.
Finally, there is Diaby. This guy has an intriguing package but I question whether or not he can play the "game" of hockey. I don't take him until our last pick in the 3rd round. He will go before that.

Old
06-24-2013, 12:37 PM
Whitesnake
Habs of steel

Quote:
Originally Posted by montreal View Post
I have several USHS games on tape that I'm waiting to delete from my dvr after Sunday assuming we don't draft any of these kids, got most of the top USHS prospects though in case we do.

Should be interesting to see how Notre Dame does in the Hockey East conference next season.
Wow, that's great! I wasn't able to get a whole lot of them, I'll try to do what I can do have more of them in the future. What was your take on Hurley? Did you also happen to see Avery Petersen? Seems to me that while he's not a favorite of mine, if we liked Dustin Walsh in his draft year, Petersen seems like a player like Walsh. And what about Parker Reno?

Last edited by Whitesnake: 06-24-2013 at 12:44 PM.
Old
06-24-2013, 12:40 PM
Whitesnake
Habs of steel

Quote:
Originally Posted by WeThreeKings View Post
There's a lot of names talked about and I'm going to try to spot pick with them.

I know there's interest in the team for Bo Horvat, but this guy will go top 15 and I wouldn't pay the assets to get a guy like him.
Fucale is not a guy I consider unless he has a miracle drop to #55, he won't, because he rightly should be chosen late 1st or early 2nd. Montreal is not the destination for him as much as it pains me to say this about one of the best Mooseheads goalies I've ever seen.
Samuel Morin is a guy who will go top 15 because of his U-18 and the CHARA effect. Again, it's a waste to move up for that guy.
Ryan Pulock will go before our pick and again, the assets to spend to get this guy, who is not at all what we need, is a big NO from me.
Robert Hagg has some tools but whenever I see him, there are huge pieces of his game missing, most notably desire, would not consider before #55.
Heatherington and Santini are two stay at home guys, who again, I don't consider before #55.
Gauthier and Mantha will go in the 1st, I will not consider them there, I only take a flyer if they fall out of the first round.
Shea Theodore and Bigras are two D who will go high and again, I don't consider them before #55.
Finally, there is Diaby. This guy has an intriguing package but I question whether or not he can play the "game" of hockey. I don't take him until our last pick in the 3rd round. He will go before that.
Heatherington is EXTREMELY interesting for me. #55 is too far for my liking as of now. I just love how composed he is for such a young age. Kid might be ready sooner than we think, at least defensively. For me, he has the McDonagh ceiling for his defensive game.

And you know my thinking for Santini and Diaby. As the days progressed, Diaby, for me, is not a top 3 rounder.

Old
06-24-2013, 12:48 PM
Draft

I just want Wennberg. He's too fun to watch, so skilled.

It's a shame we didn't have a higher pick this year.

Old
06-24-2013, 12:52 PM
Whitesnake
Habs of steel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Draft View Post
I just want Wennberg. He's too fun to watch, so skilled.

It's a shame we didn't have a higher pick this year.
In the "so skilled" department, you can pick Wennberg, Buchnevich, Burakovsky, Petan or Zykov. I'd personnally add overagers Miro Aaltonen, but that clearly isn't for the top rounds...I just happen to always loved that so skilled kid but still frail....

Old
06-24-2013, 12:53 PM
Whitesnake
Habs of steel

2 guys in the Q I'm really interested to see where they'll go with will Paquin-Boudreau and Laplante. Honestly, 2 guys I like but have no idea where their top ceiling could end.

Closed Thread